Let's talk about Empire's rejected music

The end of Luke's Rescue was used, only the beginning was replaced.

Actually, the very end wasn't used, only a short fragment towards the end. (what WAS the very end section composed for? possible unused footage?)

And also the simple fact that the Snow Speeder Search is FIRST in the movie and then Hyperspace is later.

Obviously Williams wrote the music for the snowspeeder search first and got lazy or ran out of time when he reached the end of the film, so he used the existing music to score the space get-away scene!

And also the simple fact that the Snow Speeder Search is FIRST in the movie and then Hyperspace is later.

Obviously Williams wrote the music for the snowspeeder search first and got lazy or ran out of time when he reached the end of the film, so he used the existing music to score the space get-away scene!

Ahhhh yes. Thanks for clearing that up after all of these years. :)

That doesn't make any sense!

Sniff sniff. Is that sarcasm in the OP?

Ahhhh yes. Thanks for clearing that up after all of these years. :)

lol

Video of Williams stating explicitely that Hyperspace was meant for the sequence at the end of the film and not the Snowspeeder search scene, or it didn't happen!

Bullshit!

While the unused music is facinating and wonderful on its own; I tend to think not using the cues helped the film breath a little. I think it adds to the realism of the story. But all in all my favourite unused cue is the brief battle with the probe droid between Han and the wookie.

On another related subject: Can anyone shed why they didnt use the film version of the End credits on the Special Edition set or at least keep it as an alternate on the set. (I hope it wasn't Williams who vetoed the idea) That version is only available on the Arista Box set.

The Arista track is just the SE track with a bad splice of the extra Yoda theme insert.

You can hear the version without the insert in some of the End Credits of the ESB radio drama.

I'm still glad it's gone in the film. :)

I wish they could have gotten rid of it using the intended inserts instead of tracked music though.