The Offspring tribute some John Williams' masterpieces

John McClane

On January 30th American Punk Rock band The Offspring will release a new song titled "Coming For You", and starting from January 8th they began to hype fans with artworks featuring the band's famous Flaming Skull logo, often with quotes from the song's lyrics (and maybe other songs' lyrics for an upcoming album, no further infos have been released yet), including these 3 John Williams scored movies. I'm hoping for Indiana Jones (and possibly Jurassic Park too) in this week left!

10917257_10206294026768679_8765042937763

10931254_10206343907455665_6059455125371

10704130_10206378875609847_3618697844292

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They've been touring a lot, and their latest album was released in 2012, so if a new one will be released this year will make a 3 years gap, they had longer periods between released before (5 years of silence between 2003 and 2008 albums). They released a 3 songs cover EP in 2014, though, with 2 Bad Religion and 1 Pennywise cover songs. Yes the hype they're creating with this song is probably bigger than what it should be, but I love them so the "I hope the song will fulfill the expectation" thing some fan came up with is something I don't care about. I'm open to new sounds so I don't need them to be "sounding like that record" or "like the good old times". People grow up and evolve so it's their music. I like everything they do. But specifically this whole artwork thing is funny, and it sure works in creating hype!

First artyjeffrey returned, now John McClane / TommyJohnson ? Wow!!

Who's next?

Josh500?

Chuck McKnight?

John Chrichton?

Ray Barnsbury?

Nick Parker?

You probably mean FattyMcButterPants, and he's here, and has been for years. Under a different screen name.