Lyrics from Star Wars - Revenge Of The Sith

Obi-two

Hello,

I'm looking for the lyrics of two cues/tracks:

• Grievous Travels To Palpatine [2M5] as recored in Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious
  • Anakin's Dark Deeds [5M7] as recorded in Anakin's Dark Deeds

Any ideas?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams himself mentions the new Sanskrit lyrics in an interview from 2005. I think it is from a special bonus interview track you could download when you bought the soundtrack from Walmart. Here is the relevant excerpt:

It's quite a musical tapestry. It's orchestral, and there are some choral sections in it also. And for Darth Maul we've had this 'Duel of the Fates.' You know people always ask me what the text of what the chorus is singing [is]. We have the chorus singing with the orchestra in 'Duel of the Fates' and then also in Revenge of the Sith. And people have asked me what the text is and what you're hearing are Sanskrit words that are translations of an English translation of an old Celtic poem. And the poem is a famous poem to people who know about Celtic antiquity; it's called The Battle of the Trees. The English translation that I'm referring to was delivered to us by Robert Graves, who was a famous poet. And in thinking about what to write for that sequence - we didn't have a text and I always loved The Battle of the Trees - and I found a couple lines in there and the lines are - and I'm quoting exactly correctly there:

Under the tongue root a fight most dread

While another rages behind in the head.

And this is the Sanskrit translation. You're going to hear a new choral piece, which does contain some references to Duel of the Fates, but most of it is entirely new. And again, it's Sanskrit and it's a translation of a very simple line, which is just:

Grievous are the crimes of the Empire

And that's what they sing. We will not know that, but we will understand what the message is."

I assume one or both of the pieces you mention the above lyrics in some form or another.

I don't think the actual translated Sanskrit lyrics have been released anywhere.

Isn't that just reprise of the lyrics from Episode I for Qui-Gonn's funeral the words more or less meaning "Death's Long Sweet Sleep"?

I assume it is in phonetic for the singers translated from English to Sanskrit:

Madhurah swehpna, go rahdomah swehpna,

Madhurah swehpna, go rahdomah swehpna,

Mooritioo, madhurah swehpna

I ment that the lyrics for "The Birth Of The Twins And Padme's Destiny" has been released.

I'm looking for "Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious" and "Anakin's Dark Deeds"...

So there is no piano book or other released arrangements of the pieces from the score that would feature Anakin's Dark Deeds with lyrics?