LLL reissues 1941 (1000 copies)

TownerFan

10013041_10153142549278755_5007452028220

Coming in February 2015 from La-La Land Records

A few things new, one thing long in the making and an old friend coming back for a visit (it was supposed to coincide with the Spielberg Box Set that came out last Fall, but delays happen)

Well it is certainly nice of them to reissue a 1000 pressing for those who might have missed out. :)

They're devaluing my 15 copies I hoarded for future eBay sales!

So your usual farsightedness failed you this time? Bummer.

So pass the days of the derp derp derp and thus begins the dominion of derpity derp.

So, the upcoming Williams from La-laland was the reissue!

:( :( :(

an old friend coming back for a visit (it was supposed to coincide with the Spielberg Box Set that came out last Fall, but delays happen)

Is 1941 worth getting? I was never the biggest fan of the OST.

Yea, the LLL set is really awesome. Awesome sound, awesome notes, awesome art direction.... and the score itself is great! The short OST covers a lot of the most bombastic highlights, but the complete score presentation reveals a lot more variety.

No.

Is 1941 worth getting? I was never the biggest fan of the OST.

Yea, the LLL set is really awesome. Awesome sound, awesome notes, awesome art direction.... and the score itself is great! The short OST covers a lot of the most bombastic highlights, but the complete score presentation reveals a lot more variety.

Yes it is the definitive presentation of this score. :)

Of course if you were not a fan of the music before I am a bit skeptical if this set would turn you into one but it does flesh out the musical narrative quite a bit.

No.

But i remember they had said that "mystery" release would come last year towards the end, but it was pushed back to the new year.

And now they said the same in the quote about 1941.

So...?

There is another Williams release that was ALSO pushed back to 2015 from the end of 2014?

No, it isn't.

This is completely identical to the previous release, btw.

Thanks heavens!

Also, forgot to add it's nice that others will get a chance to pick it up. While I don't really like the score all that much, it's a splendid sounding/looking presentation of it.

Karol

Already got the last one. Great release.

And now, I shall demean myself before my JW peers by acknowledging myself the only schmuck on the planet looking forward to that Ladyhawke release. . . .

Yes, you do!

Absolutely, I should have gotten it the time it was first released. One of La-La Land's best releases in terms of sound quality (the remaster is brilliant) and presentation, and it's a terrific score, of course.

1941 reissue delay had nothing to do with approvals. It had to do with a special screening event of the long cut of the film that was supposed to coincide with the Blu Ray Box Set released last October. The reissue of 1000 units were produced specifically for that reason, but plans fell through and we have been sitting on them for months now waiting to see if another screening may happen. At this time, there are talks for a late March screening (as there were talks for December, January, and February), but we need to release these bad boys sooner since we need to make the money back we already spent on them.
It's the same release as before, but the copyright has been changed to 2014 and the tray card now states LIMITED EDITION OF 1000 UNITS
Hope that clears a few things up
MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=67395&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=13&r=723#bottom

And now, I shall demean myself before my JW peers by acknowledging myself the only schmuck on the planet looking forward to that Ladyhawke release. . . .

You're not the only schmuck. I declared the same thing in the decidedly less popular La La Land thread.

I'll take Ladyhawke and that's it.

So if you're a schmuck, so am I.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just discovered there's an alternate version of Defending the Homeland on the bootleg which doesn't appear on the LLL set.

Here is the track from the bootleg as a reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgac1lSJCCQ&feature=youtu.be

Between approximately 0:09 and 0:13, the Kelso fanfare appearing in the LLL version is missing - instead, a different trumpet line is heard. The trumpet part at 0:29 differs from the LLL version as well.

The LLL release is definitely complete. I'm sure that bit is just tracked in from another cue (since all 1941 boots were just sourced from the laserdisc isolated score), but I'm at work and can't listen now to figure it out.

I checked too and yes, this is not in the LLL set.

The LLL release is definitely complete. I'm sure that bit is just tracked in from another cue (since all 1941 boots were just sourced from the laserdisc isolated score), but I'm at work and can't listen now to figure it out.

Maybe the fanfare was heard in a front channel as an insert and in the isolated score they ommited it?