BETTER CALL SAUL

Jay

James McGill is his actual name; Saul Goodman is a pseudonym. We learned this when he first met Walt.... "Faith and begorrah! A fellow potato eater! My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak..."

Better Call James.

Doesn't work.

Did you read the article?

Finally a full trailer showing basically what the plot of the first season will be

I think I'm sold, looks like it will be a good show and not a soul-less cash grab.

Also Gilligan announced that Walt and Jesse will not show up at any point in the first season.

The first review of Better Call Saul is in....

I'll just say it: The first few episodes that I saw are better than Breaking Bad. They are smarter. They are sharper. I have never seen a prequel handled so cleverly. What we know from the previous series about Saul Goodman, or James McGill as he is known in Better Call Saul, provides a kind of counterintuitive suspense mechanism. In the very first shot, in silent black and white, we see the ruins of Saul Goodman after the action of Breaking Bad, just as he said he would be. He's working at a Cinnabon in a mall, terrified of anyone slightly threatening who walks into the store. The question for the plot is: How did he become this way? How did he fail so catastrophically?

Wow....

It's not promo art, it's a comic book cover. The link to read the issue is right below it. It's a story that takes place during episodes 208 and 209 of BB. It tells the story of how Saul came to walk into Walter's classroom

I guess all you need to do is reread this whole thread. Heck, I even demanded a separate thread for Better Call Saul because I knew it was going to be worth it. Of course, I'm not KM and so it did not happen.

If it was KM who demanded it, we would've gotten three separate threads: One for "Better", one for "Call" and one for "Saul".

Nice to know I was the only one who had faith in Gilligan.

Show me the link where you expressed that!

I have faith in Gilligan!

I'm still on the fence (mainly because I THINK it's a weekly case show), but I really hope it surprises me and turns out great. Because being back in that delectable Albuquerque universe and with all its orange hues will be heaven.

Watch this trailer, it very clearly shows you what the first season will be like

On 1/11/2015 at 11:28 PM, Jay said: