BETTER CALL SAUL

Jay

37 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Also, when Jimmy gives Kim the brown suit to give to her client, (I think) he says "I hope this brings them more luck than when I wore it". Did we see him wear before it in a particularly unfortunate scenario?

I found the ansswer on Reddit

"It’s the suit he wore in the first episode while defending the teenagers that fucked a head. He also wore it when he attempted the scam on the kettlemans but ended up kidnapped by tuco."

and

"It was his first suit he wore as Jimmy before he started wearing those colorful suits."

Indeed.

Man I'm already ready for episode 4 lol

I feel like these first 3 episodes were "Act 1" of the new season, and now we're in Act 2.   I can't believe we're only getting 4 more episodes now before the 6-week hiatus

I know, it's nuts. But I love the fact we have to wait for episodes. So much more time for things to stew. It makes it last longer. It's way more satisfying than binging through them all in a matter of days. And we have 10 left and then it's all over. So I want it to last.

I feel like it hasn't really had the time to focus on Jimmy and Kim much yet. Episode 3 felt more like a penultimate episode of a season.

They had to wind-down the whole Nacho story. Except, now we have time to focus on Jimmy and Kim, I bet Lalo's going to reappear and cause havoc.

Can someone watching this on AMC explain this to me please - many, many times in the Breaking Bad podcast, they'd talk about how episodes had to be a very specific length for the network (literally within seconds). However with BCS, episode lengths are all over the place - the three season 6 episodes have been 56 minutes, 59 minutes and 46 minutes. How does this work when they are on TV? Is the show always "scheduled" to last an hour fifteen for example, but they'll just show more adverts during the shorter episodes?

Yes, you got it.

Back in the late 2000s and early 2010s when BB was made, cable was still the main way for these shows to exist, so they had to fit a certain length to fit into an hour with commercials.

By the time BCS rolled around, streaming was already taking off, and by the later seasons, streaming had surpassed cable as the primary way these things were done.  So now they no longer have the time limit and can make the episodes any length they want (within reason, I assume), so when they air on AMC here they do indeed now simply take more than 1 hour of time to air with ads.  Something like an hour 15 is probably pretty on the money for those first 2 eps, yep!

I can't imagine watching these with ads. Netflix, buying the episodes on iTunes, Google Play or blu-ray etc. or illegally streaming/downloading them are the only ways to watch BB and BCS in the UK. It's impossible to see them with ads!

I know BB was on TV in Hungary... with the title "Total Suckage". Which of course stops me from wanting to know anything more about it.

Is that the translation? Have you guys seen the genuine Mexican remake of Breaking Bad?

This also occured to me when watching it, although I thought Nacho's "I would have done it for free because I hate every last one of you psycho sacks of shit" line was better than the one they chose for this image.

image.png

18 hours ago, Anthony said:

I can't imagine watching these with ads. Netflix, buying the episodes on iTunes, Google Play or blu-ray etc. or illegally streaming/downloading them are the only ways to watch BB and BCS in the UK. It's impossible to see them with ads!

I've never seen a single episode of BB or BCS with ads

When BB premiered in 2008 most people who watched would have had to deal with ads, unless they had TiVo or another DVR

By 2022 the only people watching BCS live with ads are older folk who have held on to their cable subscriptions instead of joining the streaming world.

In our house we just subscribed to AMC+.  For $9/month I can see each new episode right at 9pm on Monday nights and it plays with no ads before, during or after, and doesn't shrink the credits down to a tiny window like Netflix often does either.  Once BCS is over I'll just cancel our AMC+ subscription

~

Two more idle thoughts on 603

It was one of the rare episodes (actually, the first I can actually remember) that had different end credits music instead of the usual cue!  I wonder if future episodes with a main character death will do the same?

Do we know what Jimmy's day to day life is like right now?  We've really only seen him doing things for the Hamlin scam, apart from one day where he went into the court house and talked to Ericsen and the other DA when he accidentally said Lalo's name, and this this episode where he entered the courthouse with Kim before Ericsen grabbed her.

Beyond scamming, is he doing real honest legal work right now too?  Is he taking defense cases for random people and stuff?

54 minutes ago, Jay said:

Once BCS is over I'll just cancel our AMC+ subscription

I'm considering doing the same with Netflix. Don't use it enough these days, and their Netflix Originals are crap.

I used to use it to watch Breaking Bad, but I finally bought the boxset cheap - well worth it for the extras alone - so it doesn't serve that purpose anymore either.

It was one of the rare episodes (actually, the first I can actually remember) that had different end credits music instead of the usual cue!  I wonder if future episodes with a main character death will do the same?

The only other time they did this was when Chuck died.

Whereas in BB, there was new end credits music every episode. I wonder why Dave Porter didn't do that for BCS.

Do we know what Jimmy's day to day life is like right now?

I get the impression that scamming is his daily life now. Or recuperating from his time in the desert. It's still only been a few days from that happening. He has a bag of money in his wardrobe...I can't imagine he's itching to do public defender work right now.

Good point...I don't have an answer for that. :D

Love how the "Get $ now" sign is pointing at Kim when they get back in the car outside the Kettleoffice.

image.png

Last night I dreamt that Kim died in episode 4 but that I found out before I'd seen it. I was super annoyed. What a relief when I woke up and realised it was 5am and I wasn't actually browsing the internet. :D

Two nice observations mentioned on the BCS recap podcast I enjoy listened to (Better Cast Saul)

-Apparently the native american dude cashing a check from the Kettlemans is the same due Walter White buys a truck from in BB?  And that same truck is what he drives away with in the episode

-Maybe the car following Jimmy & Kim at the end of 602 is the cops, who started following him after his Lalo slipup?

They also gave 2 good reasons why Gus didn't have his assassins immediately kill Nacho after he opened the back gate

-The ideal outcome for Gus is that Nacho could be used to put the blame for the hit on someone other than Gus (which is what happened)

-Gus knows that if he did have Nacho killed there, he'd lose Mike, and from what we can tell, he really considers Mike to be a valuable asset

3 hours ago, Holko said:

dude spoiler alert

Let's hope I don't have an unknown psychic link with the writers.

59 minutes ago, Jay said:

Apparently the native american dude cashing a check from the Kettlemans is the same due Walter White buys a truck from in BB?  And that same truck is what he drives away with in the episode

Definitely not the same dude (or at least not the same actor). The truck is close enough that it may be an intentional little easter egg.

59 minutes ago, Jay said:

They also gave 2 good reasons why Gus didn't have his assassins immediately kill Nacho after he opened the back gate

-The ideal outcome for Gus is that Nacho could be used to put the blame for the hit on someone other than Gus (which is what happened)

-Gus knows that if he did that, he'd lose Mike, and from what we can tell, he really considers Mike to be a valuable asset

Great! Now I don't need to overthink that any more.

Another interesting thought!

What if the reason Lalo stayed south instead of going back to the USA to "get proof", is not to actually get actual real proof........ but to plant fake proof somehow, somewhere?

I also finally put my finger on the one little thing that is a bummer about Nacho going out the way he did, when he did: Nacho and Lalo never got to share a scene together after the betrayal.  Imagine how juicy of a scene that could have been!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

What if the reason Lalo stayed south instead of going back to the USA to "get proof", is not to actually get actual real proof........ but to plant fake proof somehow, somewhere?

He seemed pretty determined he'd remembered some kind of proof worth going back for. I'm amazed we can't figure out what it is though - if it turns out to be something we could have predicted, I'm going to be so annoyed!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I also finally put my finger on the one little thing that is a bummer about Nacho going out the way he did, when he did: Nacho and Lalo never got to share a scene together after the betrayal.  Imagine how juicy of a scene that could have been!

A consolation prize may be seeing Lalo realise he can't take out his anger on Nacho...but will he then direct it elsewhere?

I wonder how other characters (good and bad) will react when they find out Lalo is alive.

On 30/04/2022 at 5:25 PM, Anthony said:

He seemed pretty determined he'd remembered some kind of proof worth going back for. I'm amazed we can't figure out what it is though - if it turns out to be something we could have predicted, I'm going to be so annoyed!

Hmmm yea, he did seem to have something specific in mind didn't he.  Well, the only thing I can think of is Gus's past.  Can't wait to see what it really is.  I wonder if episode 4 will also be Lalo-free?

A consolation prize may be seeing Lalo realise he can't take out his anger on Nacho...but will he then direct it elsewhere?

Well, I think the only potential candidates for that are Nacho's father, and Gus

I wonder how other characters (good and bad) will react when they find out Lalo is alive.

You have to wonder if Jimmy and Kim will ever find out he actually didn't die or not

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hmmm yea, he did seem to have something specific in mind didn't he.  Well, the only thing I can think of is Gus's past.  Can't wait to see what it really is.  I wonder if episode 4 will also be Lalo-free?

This would be a perfect time to reveal it!

I was thinking about which characters I'd love to see return.

We know we're already going to have:

Spoiler

Walt, Jesse and Spooge - I think Spooge might even be in episode 4

But I'd love to see these folks again. I wonder how many they'll check off by the end of the season:

Rich Schweikart
Joey/Drama Girl/Sound Guy (the latter two genuinely haven't been given names!)
Bill Oakley
Francesca
Caldera
Daniel Wormald
Jeff (taxi driver in Omaha)
Sobchak

I think we are guaranteed to see the student film crew again, because they will probably be who films all his Saul commercials

Francesca and the taxi driver guy are locks for sure

I imagine Rich Schweikart will show up (he was in that American Greed short).

I really want Pryce to show up. Hilarious character.

The actor might have been too busy filming What We Do In The Shadows

Rhea Seehorn directed tonight's episode

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2022/05/02/better-call-saul-rhea-seehorn-hit-series-her-directorial-debut/9548148002/

I love that they have Gene on their slate marker

Rhea Seehorn stars as Kim Wexler in an episode she directs of "Better Call Saul."

Rhea Seehorn, who plays Kim Wexler on "Better Call Saul," directs Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman in Season 6, Episode 4.

Kim in glasses is something I didn't know I needed

Can't wait for the Insider podcast ep now, the previous ones where she came on to talk, she gave FANTASTIC insight into her acting process

I've always wondered - and have never seen this on the behind the scenes - exactly how an actor directs when they are in a scene as well. There's footage of Bryan giving direction in BB, but it's as if it's on days where he isn't in front of the camera as well. Would they still say "action" and "cut" I wonder, or would this go to the first AD for example?

Usually the first AD says action and cut, it's a cliche that the director says it

And usually if an actor is directing a show or movie they are in, they watch the footage after each take to see if they want to change anything about their own performance

A lot of acting decisions are worked out at rehearsals beforehand, anyway

"because I think you're made of sterner stuff" -- What a great line!  Talk about brutally honest

18 hours ago, Alex said:

I imagine Rich Schweikart will show up (he was in that American Greed short).

Yep, everyone else in that little featurette has shown up so far.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

"because I think you're made of sterner stuff" -- What a great line!  Talk about brutally honest

Great to see Kim and Mike finally share a scene! Wonder if her and Gus will share any screen-time before the series ends?

A bit of a filler episode but still some great moments, like Kim's reaction to Lalo.

Better Call Saul 6x04 Hit and Run

Nacho - Yea, I'm mentioning him up front, because does anybody else feel he kinda got the shaft here?  The "previously on" didn't cover his story at all, nothing about his story was mentioned by any other characters at all, and they even kept Michael Mando's name in the credits making me think we were gonna see his dad and there'd be some flashback to the past or something.  I guess he'll just stay in the main cast list for all 13 episodes this year even though he only appeared in 3?

Gus - I love the extent of his personal safety system.  He must have bought into that housing development as it was being built, and had his own build team do that tunnel under their noses or something.  I wonder if he sleeps every night in the other house, so his house could get blown up and he'd still be fine?  The teaser was a great way to intro the concept, I really had no clue what was going on until the end, and even then I only recognized Gus's house because it was in one of those little teasers.  I loved the moment of him being so uncomfortable to have to wear the ankle holster, and also that his "casual" clothes to go over to the other house were also button up shirts lol.  I love that Mike continues to just say it like it is to Gus all the time, and that none of them have a clue what Lalo is up to.

Hamlin - Oh man, that scene of him opening up in therapy about his wife was really sad to me.  I don't even remember if we've seen his wife on the show or even knew he had one before, but I'm bummed for him it isn't working out.  I can't believe he didn't notice his car was in a different spot when he left!

The scam - Jimmy in that Howard get up was absolutely hilarious!  The spray tan, the dye job (or was it a wig?), so funny!  The actual scheme to kick a hooker out of his car where Cliff Main could see was funny, but 4 episodes in their little schemes seem so easily found-out I really hope their scam is much more complex than has been revealed so far.

Jimmy - More sad scenes as everyone at the whole courthouse has seemingly turned on him overnight.  Damn!  But then it was interesting how quickly everything turned around for him!  I guess someone at the courthouse leaked that De Guzman - Lalo Salamanca, and the criminal underworld found out?  I dunno if this is plausible at all or not, but I guess we can go with it.  I did find it kind of funny that the first day he gets any calls, he ends up with like, a dozen clients, and that he is able to find a potential location for his new office, which of course happens to be THE office, that very same night.  Whatever, I'll go with it again.

Kim - Oh man, the fact that she was only trying to stall Cliff to get him to see Wendy get booted from the car, but he ended up actually being interested in her pro-bono plan, was fascinating.  You have to wonder how she is going to continue to balance this line of legit lawyer by day, scammer by night.  I loved the scene of her and Jimmy on their bed as they told each other about their days - she's so effortlessly sexy!  I also loved how she figured out she was being followed, and how she just walked over and confronted the two that were on her outside the restaurant. 

Mike and Kim - I had never thought about the fact that they never had a seen together before.  This scene was SO WELL DONE! I loved it.  I especially loved that I didn't see it coming; you get a nice character detail of Kim tipping well and having a clear repertoire with the waitress there, like she's there all the time, then Mike speaks up and pan over to reveal he's sitting down!  Every little bit of body movement and staging was so great as she didn't really know whether to sit or not, he told her only what she needed to know, etc.  I loved how she figured out Lalo was actually alive, and then took in that information internally, a wonderful mirror of her finding out the opposite information in front of Ericsen last week.  And I absolutely loved that she asked why Mike is telling her instead of Jimmy, and what his response was.  We could analyze the hell out of that one line of his!

Great episode, I loved it - and I didn't even mention all the great little camera tricks throughout too!

• Rhea Seehorn directed the shit out of this! I think this might have been my favourite episode of the season so far.

• Thank God it was far more lighthearted than last week. I needed the breather. Though it still had some incredibly tense scenes.

• This is the second week in a row where the teaser has left me on edge. And with a title like "Hit And Run", I was waiting for a car (Jimmy in the Jag?) come crashing into the cyclists.

• Instead, it was a far weirder scene. The first of two that reminded me of LOST for some reason. Perhaps it was the old-school soundtrack, the observations of the strange red house, or the casual opening of the fridge while there are men with guns in your kitchen.

• I guess the red house represents violence coming close to home. Also, the house has almost finished being painted. Perhaps Lalo is alomost finished getting his "proof".

• This ended with another one of the teaser poster shots of someone surveilling Gus' house. At first I assumed...I'm not sure who I assumed. Hector or Bolsa I suppose.

• Jimmy's Howard costume (and bringing back the duplicate suit) - perfection! Jay, you called this.

• Again, the title "Hit And Run" - surely he's not going to hit someone in Howard's car?

• Wendy!

• Dave Porter is really knocking it out of the park this season. The score of BCS has been far more subtle than BB, but here's a second cue within 4 episodes I want on a soundtrack, as Jimmy steal's Howard's car.

• That shot of Jimmy moving the car, opening the car door (with the camera attached to it) and placing the traffic come was glorious. God this show looks good.

• I've never seen so much tension caused by a traffic cone simply being moved. I was waiting for the "Patients only" sign to fall over at the end of that scene and when it did - *chef's kiss*. Scene perfection. More great source music.

• I like that Kim felt sorry for Wendy.

• The Beanie Baby clerk! Hannah Banana! Oakely! Mrs. Nguyen! Spooge! I would love if that's all we get of him - I was expecting a lot more after they advertised his return, but it's totally irrelevant whether he comes back or not (at least for now).

• The El Camino diner returns. 

• It was Mike's guys following Kim - I didn't see that coming! I assume Gus doesn't know about this.

• I can't believe Kim and Mike have never had a scene together before. This was glorious. Loved Mike's "I used to be..." line at the end. Man, how far he's come.

• Gus' house! This is the second scene which reminded me of LOST with the hidden doorway and tunnel. As soon as he got in and made a frustrated sigh, I realised that the guys watching his house were obviously watching it for security, not to track him. So I guess Gus pays this other couple to let him live in their house and set his security team up on occasion? Clearly this wasn't an ad-hoc thing based on the tunnel.

• More great music in this scene. This didn't sound like score. I'll have to find out what this was.

• Man, STILL no Lalo. Where the heck is he?!

• Ah, Jimmy's new office...

• Also, the Day Spa and Nail seems to be on the same street as Gale's aprtment.

• Taco Cabeza - Jesse mentioned this in BB as a place where drug deals go down.
48 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nacho - Yea, I'm mentioning him up front, because does anybody else feel he kinda got the shaft here?  The "previously on" didn't cover his story at all, nothing about his story was mentioned by any other characters at all, and they even kept Michael Mando's name in the credits making me think we were gonna see his dad and there'd be some flashback to the past or something.  I guess he'll just stay in the main cast list for all 13 episodes this year even though he only appeared in 3?

I feel like his story is done. There isn't really any more to say...? Several days (maybe up to a week and a half) seem to have passed between the last episode and this one. I guess he might be credited as a regular up to the half season.

I only recognized Gus's house because it was in one of those little teasers.

I recognised it immediately in the teasers. It's the first time we've seen it in daylight.

Kim - Oh man, the fact that she was only trying to stall Cliff to get him to see Wendy get booted from the car, but he ended up actually being interested in her pro-bono plan, was fascinating. 

Exactly. When Jimmy showed her the new office, I sensed that she was thinking "we don't need to be scamming people to get the money to do this". But they're in too deep to stop.

Mike and Kim - I had never thought about the fact that they never had a seen together before.

This scene was both weird (because I realised we'd never seen these characters together) AND fastinating. It literally was two of my favourite characters in TV EVER having a really important conversation after years of never seeing them in the same room.

19 hours ago, Jay said:

He saw her stand up to Lalo when he appeared at her apartment. Jimmy was so freaked out about the whole situation, both Mike (and later, Kim) realise it's probably for the better he continues to think Lalo is dead.

Also, I missed that when Gus walked through the tunnel, a body double for him walks past him going into his house.

21 minutes ago, Anthony said:
  • Rhea Seehorn directed the shit out of this! I think this might have been my favourite episode of the season so far.

It was definitely the one where I most noticed cool direction things the most often

• Thank God it was far more lighthearted than last week. I needed the breather.

Yes!

• Though it still had some incredibly tense scenes.

Yes!

• I've never seen so much tension caused by a traffic cone simply being moved. I was waiting for the "Patients only" sign to fall over at the end of that scene and when it did - *chef's kiss*. Scene perfection. 

Yea, that sign falling over was perfect!

• Spooge! I would love if that's all we get of him - I was expecting a lot more after they advertised his return, but it's totally irrelevant whether he comes back or not (at least for now).

I had no clue on earth who he was when I watched the episode.  I only learned after I watched it that he was the guy who got crushed by the ATM.  It's been what, 10+ years since I saw that!

• It was Mike's guys following Kim - I didn't see that coming! I assume Gus doesn't know about this.

Oh huh, that's interesting!  You think Gus doesn't know?  I kinda figured all of "Mike's guys" are actually "Gus's guys", all vetted and approved and paid by him, and that MIke would never really do anything behind Gus's back (apart from tiny things like taking Nacho's dad's fake ID)

• I can't believe Kim and Mike have never had a scene together before. This was glorious. Loved Mike's "I used to be..." line at the end. Man, how far he's come.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that - I loved that at the end, Kim realized she knew him from being the toll booth guy.  The subtle acting by Banks as he said "I used to be" told you so much, it was like he hadn't thought about how much his life had changed (in the only 2 years it has been!) since those days ended.

• Gus' house! This is the second scene which reminded me of LOST with the hidden doorway and tunnel. As soon as he got in and made a frustrated sigh, I realised that the guys watching his house were obviously watching it for security, not to track him. So I guess Gus pays this other couple to let him live in their house and set his security team up on occasion? Clearly this wasn't an ad-hoc thing based on the tunnel.

Nice call on the two lost vibes.  I was confused about that couple at first myself; I too thought they were the actual owners of the house, and were happy to get big payments from Gus to let his team basically live with them.  But with the later reveal of the tunnel and stuff, I think the only explanation is that they are actually people hired by Gus, and their job is to pretend to be normal people living in that house.  I think every night Gus actually sleeps in their house, and that body double goes over to sleep in Gus's "real" house.  I think Gus actually owns both houses.

• Exactly. When Jimmy showed her the new office, I sensed that she was thinking "we don't need to be scamming people to get the money to do this". But they're in too deep to stop.

Oh wow I didn't even think of that at all.  You think what Cliff said to her might make her change her mind about the scam?  I dunno, the whole thing has really been her idea more than Jimmy's all along, and she seems to kind of get off on it all!

This scene was both weird (because I realised we'd never seen these characters together) AND fastinating. It literally was two of my favourite characters in TV EVER having a really important conversation after years of never seeing them in the same room.

And also two of the best actors on the show.  It must have been such a delicate balance to determine how much information Mike would share, how much she would figure out, what she would do with the info, etc.  I already want to watch this scene again!

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

I was confused about that couple at first myself; I too thought they were the actual owners of the house, and were happy to get big payments from Gus to let his team basically live with them.

I assume they ARE just neighbours, but eventually got put on Gus' payroll.

Just to check, I don't remember any scenes with Mike and Kim in before. I assume when she said she remembered him from the parking booth, this is an off-camera reference.

Oh man, look at the directing/writing crew for the second half. This is the best of the best!

6.08 Vince Gilligan written by Gordon Smith
6.09 Mike Morris written by Ann Cherkis
6.10 Michelle MacLaren written by Alison Tatlock
6.11 Tom Schnauz written by Tom Schnauz
6.12.Vince Gilligan written by Vince Gilligan
6.13 Peter Gould written by Peter Gould

5 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I assume they ARE just neighbours, but eventually got put on Gus' payroll.

I disagree, but it's definitely ambiguous!  Maybe the Insider podcast will reveal the answer

5 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Just to check, I don't remember any scenes with Mike and Kim in before. I assume when she said she remembered him from the parking booth, this is an off-camera reference.

Yea, of course.

Btw, the music in this episode was:

Best Things In Life by The Dreamliners
Glidin' Along by Bennie Green
Sneaking by The Crooked Spoke

Jimmy's "Are we on a roll, or are we on a roll?" line could very much be the writers addressing the audience directly. :D

I can't believe we're only 4 episodes in - it feels like SO much has happend already.

39 minutes ago, Jay said:

Oh wow I didn't even think of that at all.  You think what Cliff said to her might make her change her mind about the scam?  I dunno, the whole thing has really been her idea more than Jimmy's all along, and she seems to kind of get off on it all!

I wasn't sure of the relevancy of his mention of his son's drug addition (given Kim and Jimmy are trying to frame Howard as having a coke habit, I thought that might send Kim off in a different direction), but then when he acknowledged he was connected and could help Kim out with her pro bono practice....something happened. She realised he was serious, and she and Jimmy should maybe have played it straight all along.

In episode 1, Kim was really keen to develop this "Saul Goodman character" with the flashy car and cathederal of justice. Jimmy was the one who was acting cautious and thinking they should look over their shoulders.

But although Jimmy is now viewed as this pariah at the courthouse, he's suddenly got all this new business because word has spread that he got Lalo off. So he's now happy and confident, and pressing on finding a new office. (It's a mirror of the "It was one of the best days of my professional life..." scene from 6.01). However, Kim is now the one (literally) looking over her shoulder at the end of the episode. They've switched places.

9 hours ago, Anthony said:

6.10 Michelle MacLaren written by Alison Tatlock

I'm thrilled to see this! Was starting to worry MacLaren wasn't returning for one final episode, after doing some of the all-time best BB episodes: One Minute, Salud, To'hajiilee, 4 Days Out and Buried are all top-tier.

Brilliant to see she's back for one last episode, especially so close to the end (she directed the 4th last episode of BB as well).

As others have said above, very cool to see the first meeting between Kim and Mike. For some reason, it felt rather bizarre to see this premiere meeting so late in the series' run. It "feels" like they've met before, since their narrative lines have been so intertwined over the years, but they obviously haven't.

This has probably been discussed before, and sorry for not being as "into it" as y'all, but are the socalled "Gene" scenes taking place between BCS and BB, or after both of them? And there haven't been any Gene scenes so far in the current season, right? The "home raiding" that we see in one of the intros is not part of the Gene timeline?

The Gene scenes all take place after Breaking Bad. Jimmy/Saul goes into hiding in Omaha. One of his final lines to Water White is even "If I'm lucky, I'll end up managing a Cinnabon in Omaha" which is exactly where we find him.

There have been no Gene scenes this season so far. The "home impound" scene is an exception. We don't know exactly when it takes place, but it's safe to assume it's shortly after Jimmy goes into hiding via the "disappearer".

So the full chronological order is:

Better Call Saul > Breaking Bad > home impound scene > Gene scenes

How Jimmy ends up with that crazy house is what we're waiting to find out, as they don't have the money for that yet. And obviously, what happens to Kim, Lalo etc.

There are only a couple more "teaser poster shots" left to be revealed in the show itself. I've only just spotted this detail - can anyone explain why there's what looks like either a cat or a miniature llama in the back of Mike's car?

FQeHjiKVkAAHWvV.jpeg

Neat!

This exchange has got to be some big clue to unlocking the ending of this thing.

Who's the attorney that Jimmy recommends to Francesca?

And who's gonna be calling a specific phone on November 12th at 3pm?

Wendy is right. There's something...very alluring about that hair. :D

Today I was thinking "what might a satisfying end for Lalo look like?", and then it occured to me.

It would be great if he had Gus cornered. Gus appears trapped, as if there's no hope. Lalo dials Casa Tranquila to tell Hector the good news.

Someone picks up, but there's silence. Confused, Lalo asks, "Hello?".

Then it dawns on him. Lalo has the same realisation as he had when he was talking on the phone to Werner and the line suddenly went quiet. The exact same words come from Lalo's mouth.

"Michael? Is that you, Michael?"

Only this time, instead of Mike staying silent and hanging up, we hear him say "It's me."

But not over the phone. Mike's been in the shadows the whole time and has a gun to Lalo's head.

Obviously now I've said this, I'm sure it occured to writers months ago, and they're a million miles down the road with a much better idea by now.

I really enjoyed this episode. Top marks to Seehorn for her direction... even for a mid-season 'filler' episode,  it's visually interesting and you can still feel the tension simmering away in the background.