The future for the Wachowskis

Jay

The Matrix, Speed Racer, and Sense8 are all somewhere on the line between good and excellent!  The Matrix sequels are middling but with great moments.  I think they continue to live up to their potential.

12 minutes ago, Fargo said:

My wife is watching Sense8 right now, sometimes she has it on when I'm reading. It doesn't seem like a fun watch.

It's not popcorn entertainment - at least not usually.  There are some great moments of that in there, especially once the sensates get to know each other and begin to work together.  Van Damme has some great moments especially in season 1, and Sun has a lot of them in season 2.  But it's a little more challenging than that - a good amount of character drama and a few dashes of good melodrama.  The story is also spread out over up to 8 locations across the globe at any given time, and on occasion, some of the plotlines spin their wheels a bit while the other ones are in high gear (the doctor for much of the run, the cop in the first half of S2, the German con for a bit here and there).

There is a little bit of self indulgent excess (similar to the Zion rave scene in Matrix Reloaded), however it plays better because it's part of a much larger piece of work, and almost always says something about the characters.

Season 2 ended with a great cliffhanger that looked to lead S3 in a new, interesting direction.  I'm glad that they allowed the Wachowskis (or the one Wachowski who is still working on it after season 1) to put together a final movie.

I checked the first episode of Sense8 but I didn't like that solemn Koray tone of the show or the uninteresting looking actors. Cloud Atlas, Jupiter Ascending ... I can't stomach those movies.

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2017 at 10:32 AM, Jack said:

Any love for Sense8?

I'm about to start watching it.

On 28/12/2017 at 3:45 PM, Alexcremers said:

That's all beside the point. 'They' did not fulfil their potential and that a real pity. Now all we are left with is Marvel, Nolan and Villeneuve.

Geez, Louise, sometimes you can have too much choice.

Gender is a biological construct, but ha become a social issue. Why these people wish to change their sexual orientation, is known - probably - only to them. 

That being said, it is simply not possible to change a XY to an XX or vice versa.

4 hours ago, Denise Bryson said:

If there's no such thing as gender and it's just a social construct, then why do people take hormones to change their gender?

Sex and gender are two different things, such as ethnicity and race. 

You can change your gender (with hormones and operations), but you can't change your sexual orientation.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « GIF  give me a break E.T. »