Leonard Nimoy - 1931-2015

Romão

Oh... :blink:

"...Of my friend, I can only say this... of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... Human."

James T. Kirk, 2285 (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

Rest in peace Mr Spock. I don't know what else to say, I was shocked. I guess that's when you know someone as a real living legend: I knew he had been sick for a while, and he was in his 80s, but like Ray Harryhausen, it seemed impossible that he wouldn't always be around.

I thought we all agreed this was never supposed to happen. . . .

I was watching him on Fringe just a few weeks ago, and had an ominous premonition. Hate to see it culminate like this. I don't know that I think of another actor who had such an astonishing influence on a single medium. He created, cultivated, anthropomorphized, and became the greatest legacy of an alien race that was the centerpiece of sci-fi's most popular franchise. Beyond that, he was one of the most intelligent actors I've ever seen at work.

Can't believe this. Will spend the day wondering how to work it out . . . logically.

Right now I'm watching the brilliant Amok Time on Netflix. Later tonight I will watch The Wrath Of Khan. I'm sure it will be a tear fest, even more then usual. But it was the best film Mr. Nimoy was involved in. To watch it seems....logical

Director, writer, photographer, stage actor, music producer. . . .

And don't forget humanitarian and philanthropist. He paid for major part of the renovation of the historic Griffith Observatory which now has his name as the Nimoy theater.

Singer...

The man was the heart and soul of Star Trek. That's something considering he played the unemotional one. He will be missed.

And don't forget humanitarian and philanthropist. He paid for major part of the renovation of the historic Griffith Observatory which now has his name as the Nimoy theater.

A star who literally made us look to the stars? How often do such people come along?

Well yes, but to your average Joe and none nerd (meant affectionately) he is Doctor Spock. And the director of Three Men and a Baby ;)

Well yes, but to your average Joe and none nerd (meant affectionately) he is Doctor Spock. And the director of Three Men and a Baby ;)

Mr. Spock, you blithering idiot!

Mr. Spock, you blithering idiot!

Well, don't knock it. I've read that a really blithering idiot can make anything up to ten thousand pounds a year - if he's the head of some big industrial combine.

But of course, the more old-fashioned idiot still refuses to take money.

Think of the legacy he leaves behind. All the men and women he helped inspire to become astronauts and scientists. With his performance, he taught us all a little bit about our own humanity. This one really hurts.

Thank you, Leonard Nimoy.

Oh no... don't know what to say. I grew up on the films. The main cast is maybe my favourite ensemble cast, everyone worked so well off of each other. They provided me with much cherished moments.

After Scotty and Bones now Spock also departs this earth. Sad news ! :(

I also liked his presence in Fringe, made the show a bit more special.