RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK - Live to Projection Concerts

Incanus

The conductor Ludwig Wicki helmed 21st Century Orchestra from Lucerne Switzerland has been for years been performing various film scores (notably the Lord of the Rings Trilogy) live to the picture. This year they have several of these "Live" performances including Back to the Future, Ratatouille and Titanic. It seems they are also doing a 10 concert run of John Williams's Raiders of the Lost Ark in December 2015. :)

More info here!

P.S. My Deutsch is a bit rusty so I would appreciate if someone could verify this. The info page is a bit scant on the specifics but it looks like one of those Live! concerts the orchestra has been doing for some time now.

P.S. My Deutsch is a bit rusty so I would appreciate if someone could verify this. The info page is a bit scant on the specifics but it looks like one of those Live! concerts the orchestra has been doing for some time now.

It seems to be exactly that :)

Damn, I've just bought tickets (and booked a short vacation in Lucerne) for "Back to the Future" in May, so I'm not sure if the budget will allow for Indy as well. Though I can't imagine money much better spent...

It seems to be exactly that :)

Damn, I've just bought tickets (and booked a short vacation in Lucerne) for "Back to the Future" in May, so I'm not sure if the budget will allow for Indy as well. Though I can't imagine money much better spent...

Thanks for the affirmation. :)

Well, most of these concerts make their way to London... Gladiator... Star Trek... Back to the Future... Alice in Wonderland...

Karol

Not a fan of live-to-projection "concerts" (they aren't really concerts, IMO, just a fancy form of cinemagoing), but it's a cool choice for a project. Something a bit retro, but not silent film retro.

(they aren't really concerts, IMO, just a fancy form of cinemagoing)

Now that doesn't make any sense!

Of course it does. Most of the audience will be engrossed in the movie anyway, and rarely pay any attention to the music. They could just as well have done like in the opera days where the orchestra performed in a pit.

(they aren't really concerts, IMO, just a fancy form of cinemagoing)

Now that doesn't make any sense!

Of course it does. Most of the audience will be engrossed in the movie anyway, and rarely pay any attention to the music. They could just as well have done like in the opera days where the orchestra performed in a pit.

Right. Those musicians on stage are barely noticeable and don't add anything to the experience at all. The fact that it's a live and organic performance is completely irrelevant.

I wish it weren't so, but there you go. After having attended at least a dozen of these "concerts", those are the reactions I've encountered.

I love these live score-to-film concerts. I try to attend them whenever I can. It's more than just cinemagoing, the sound effects are usually dialed down so that the musical experience really takes over the movie. Just yesterday my local Baltimore Symphony released their schedule and Home Alone live score-to-film is on the schedule in December.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally, proof that there is a god and that his name is His Most Serene Highness Sir John T. Williams III:

http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/raiders-of-the-lost-ark-live/default.aspx

12th March 2016 at the Royal Albert Hall, two performances from which to choose. Now please excuse me while I

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Damn!

What orchestra? What conductor?

There is no mention, but my random guess would be the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra. If it turns out to be the LSO I will probably mess myself.

Would be great if it was the LSO. Is this the first time RAIDERS has been done live anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this tapatalk is great. i can keep up to date on everything now

Damn!

What orchestra? What conductor?

There is no mention, but my random guess would be the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra. If it turns out to be the LSO I will probably mess myself.

The 21st Century and Ludwig Wicki are probably the only ones crazy enough to do this twice in a day!

Would he have liked Prometheus, though?

I wouldn't have it as a signature pic if I didn't love the movie and yes Hitch is back

London gets all the good concerts.

Actually Lucerne gets all the good concerts, but the film music community is too apathetic to notice.