Lost in Space COMPLETE Box set coming (La-laland)

filmmusic

Well, this was speculation over at FSM but it seems it's the real thing:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204745536452978

This is the real thing! The restored version of the rejected Season 2 main title sequence -- as written by Warren Barker. Thanks to Jeff Bond and the talented guys at La-La Land records. They're going to be issuing a 10 disc set of ALL LIS music. Most of it PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED!! The version of this alternate theme was put together from music fragments and released on the Volume 3 disc put out by Crescendo -- but we got it WRONG! Who knew it was meant to sync up EXACTLY to the Season 2 main title? Also strange... It was recorded in November of 1966 -- after Season 2 had already started!

This will be on the CD as well as the Blu-ray (in HD).

For the record, Kevin Burns is the "keeper of the Irwin Allen properties."

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=5&threadID=108666&archive=0

So, does anyone know if we combine LIS Volumes 1,2,3 and the La-lalaland 40th anniversary edition, is there any John Williams cues from the series missing that could be included in this new set?

I remember being told at some point in the past that the majority of Williams music on the GNP and LLL sets were alternate versions. For instance, The Reluctant Stowaway was a re-recording by Lionel Newman and not Williams' original versions.

I think all the Williams stuff has been released

I know the series well enough and I haven't heard anything by Williams unreleased

Or maybe they have access to better sounding tapes?

Anyways I'm not interested in the other composer's music

I have the original GNP box (of which this is a duplicate, I guess) as well as the Vol. 3 disc that came out separately. That includes all the Williams stuff, as far as I know, and that's all I'm interested in, really. It's not easy listening -- lots of melodramatic 'sturm und drang' -- but ultimately rewarding if you're in the mood for it.

I guess whoever is a soundtrack fan and loves this series would be all over this, as I would be if a Ducktales, Beauty and the Beast, Thundercats or Dynasty box was released..

I have the original GNP box (of which this is a duplicate, I guess) as well as the Vol. 3 disc that came out separately. That includes all the Williams stuff, as far as I know, and that's all I'm interested in, really. It's not easy listening -- lots of melodramatic 'sturm und drang' -- but ultimately rewarding if you're in the mood for it.

I'll take the Lost in Space music over most of Williams concert works. For some reason I like it a lot

Anyways my dream TV music box set is Six Million Dollar Man

• 4 weeks later...

Thor, does this means that the La-La Land's 40th anniversary edition lack material that GNP have? Sorry if you already answered this on another thread

Thor, does this means that the La-La Land's 40th anniversary edition lack material that GNP have? Sorry if you already answered this on another thread

Yes the LLL 40th Anniversary double CD is missing several pieces of Williams's music that are on the Fantasy Worlds of Irwin Allen boxed set'sLost in Space CDs. The most obvious reason was the lack of space on the album I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm probably the biggest LIS fan on this board (both of the music and TV series ), and I'm not really interested in the non Williams scores

I fear this won't sell very well

Yeah, I can't see myself plonking-down $150... or even a $100 for a set of all the LIS music. LLL should release a separate set with just the Williams music for $30-40. Now that would sell well.

Well, I'm probably the biggest LIS fan on this board (both of the music and TV series ), and I'm not really interested in the non Williams scores

I fear this won't sell very well

I would probably give $150 for a box set with music of a series I LOVE!

• 3 months later...

The release date is Tuesday October 6

It's crazy that the Lost In Space 40th set is going for $100 - $200 on Amazon, it was selling for like $10 as I remember when they were clearing out stock before it went OOP.

lol

Its gonna be worthless Oct 6!!!

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=111496&forumID=1&archive=0

So the album I bought from LLL is going to be worthless in October. Nice!

So the album I bought from LLL is going to be worthless in October. Nice!

There's always someone who wants it.

I am a collector, sir, I shall never part with mine!

We will be posting the drool worthy picture of the set soon
In the meantime, start saving those pennies
12 disc set - over 900 minutes of music
Release date: Oct 6, 2015
Retail Price: $149.98
Limited Edition of 1500 units
MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=2&threadID=108666&archive=0

I know that I will end up buying it... the Williams nut job in me won't allow it any other way. A pity as I won't give much of a damn to the rest of the music. I wonder to whom this box is directed... to die hard Williams fans to will spend a lot of money on music they don't really want just to get those new tracks (I'm sure there aren't all those of us) or to die hard fans of the series (are there so much of those too?).

And I don't find paying 12.50 for disc a nice price. Not a bad price, but hardly a nice one.

It's not aimed at Williams fans. It's aimed at fans of the series, like their Star Trek and Mission: Impossible box sets before.

I wonder how hardcore you have to be...I 'm the only one who made an edit of the LALALand c.d. and GNP box to get all the Williams cues , and I own the DVD's of all LIS seasons and I'm not getting this

I wonder if there's new Williams music never before released

You're not the only one, KM :)

150 USD is a lot of money for some additional early Williams and a bunch of other music I don't really care about. This might be the second 'Williams' release I'm passing on since Amazing Stories Volume 2.

I just want the Williams cues were missing in stereo

Does anyone here plan to buy this?

I don't. I'm pleased with my old Irwin Allen 6CD box, as well as the LIS, Vol. 3. With those, I have music from all episodes John Williams scored. Makes no difference to me if there are some unreleased cues.

Does anyone here plan to buy this?

It's very hard for me to be interrested by the pre-Jaws era material, unless we talk about collaborative albums when JW was a jazzman and which I can digitally restore from old LPs.

I know what "Lost in Space" is, but that's not my generation, I've never watched this on TV.

For me the experience of music has to be related to emotion and memories, I'm afraid I'm not a JW completist. In other hand, put this material on a big "complete" boxset and I'll probably buy it. But it's not the kind of material I'm interrested to buy "piece by piece".

Do we have a visual of this boxset? With the exact title, etc.

ehhh, I don't have time to click on 72 links to see which will bring me the info I look for, can you post the info here instead of use links that lead us to another forum? ;)

ehhh, I don't have time to click on 72 links to see which will bring me the info I look for, can you post the info here instead of use links that lead us to another forum? ;)

It's a link straight to the JWfan post that has the information you are looking for ;)

It's a link straight to the JWfan post that has the information you are looking for ;)

Do we have a visual of this boxset? With the exact title, etc.

Oh I'm not totally senile yet. I asked about a visual, a picture of this boxset.