Lost in Space COMPLETE Box set coming (La-laland)

filmmusic

I think it was mentioned with the LLL anniversary set that some of the music differed from the original TV series recordings as they were music library recordings (on the LLL set at least) done later. Williams' music was reused in later episodes rather than having a brand new score every time.

Whenever LLL tweets something, just check their Facebook feed instead; The pictures are always larger there. Cast in point, here's the Facebook version of the pic:

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/photos/np.1442369983443444.502903435/10153725096463755/?type=1&theater

Direct link to larger image: https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/t31.0-8/12034187_10153725096463755_5290840122555710825_o.jpg

12034187_10153725096463755_5290840122555

Elsewhere on Facebook, Jeff Bond has posted this about it:

Despite some honorary producer credits I've never actually produced a CD before, so for my first real producer gig I chose something simple: this 12-CD set of music from Lost in Space that includes all the scores written for the series, library cues, Fox movie cues that were tracked into the show and a reproduction of the tracking of the original pilot episode "No Place To Hide." Could not have done it without eagle-eyed, detail-oriented co-producer Neil S. Bulk, the blessings of La-La Land Records head honchos Michael V Gerhard and Matt Verboys, and the watchful oversight of ultimate Lost in Space fan and reincarnation of Irwin Allen Kevin Burns. And get a load of Joe Sikoryak's eye-popping packaging design...

https://www.facebook.com/jeffc.bond/posts/10206429272944116

And Neil posted a huge image of the box set's cover, too

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152971482412260&set=a.458899792259.251671.701952259&type=1&theater

Direct link to large image: https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/11223721_10152971482412260_3844648129078306846_o.jpg

11223721_10152971482412260_3844648129078

I'm only interested in the CD with the green alien chick on it. She was the first woman I ever fell in love with. And one of the few that hasn't since broken my heart.

There was a time when I would have jumped on this, but we're having a kid in a few months so we're tightening our belts a little bit. Based on what I got from Williams on the old volume releases, I think I have enough.

Sigh this will end up costing me $200+ with the Aussie dollar at about $0.70.

Canadian dollar is at 0,75 (dropped to levels not seen in more than a decade), so I suspended all my US purchases!

I just realized MV's FSM board post has a bunch of information we haven't discussed yet:

COMING OCTOBER 6, 2015 from LA-LA LAND RECORDS

LOST IN SPACE: 50th ANNIVERSARY SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION: LIMITED EDITION (12-CD BOX SET) LLLCD 1366

Music by John Williams, Hans J. Salter, Herman Stein, Richard LaSalle, Frank Comstock, Fred Steiner, Jeff Alexander, Warren Barker, Leith Stevens, Alexander Courage, Robert Drasnin, Cyril J. Mockridge, Gerald Fried, Pete Rugolo and Joseph Mullendore

La-La Land Records, Synthesis Entertainment and Legend Pictures proudly present LOST IN SPACE: 50TH ANNIVERSARY SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION, an unprecedented deluxe limited edition 12-CD box set of music from the classic sci-fi television series!

The original music scores from this cherished and historic series come to vivid life like never before, restored and remastered from original scoring elements, and featuring hours of previously unreleased music, including the world premiere release of John William’s score to “The Reluctant Stowaway,” as well as many previously unavailable episode scores, such as “Space Circus,” “West of Mars,” and more!

The music of LOST IN SPACE not only calls forth all the action, danger and unabashed joy of the beloved show, but as meticulously assembled in this astounding set, it reveals itself to be some of the most creative and dynamic scoring ever composed for the medium. Featuring music by John Williams, Herman Stein, Hans J. Salter, Joseph Mullendore, Alexander Courage, Cyril J. Mockridge, Gerald Fried, Leith Stevens, Robert Drasnin, and Fred Steiner and others, the scores of LOST IN SPACE rocket the listener through a warm galaxy of nostalgia and into a vast universe of awe-inspiring musical expression – all of it finally preserved in a pristine collection to be savored. This deluxe set, limited to 1500 units and housed in an attractive hard-cover slipcase, also contains a 100+page booklet jam-packed with exciting archival photos and art, alongside exclusive, in-depth liner notes by album co-producer Jeff Bond.

Executive Produced by Kevin Burns, produced by Jeff Bond and Neil Bulk, and mastered by Stephen Marsh and Fernando Lee, with out-of-this-world art design by Joe Sikoryak, this is the definitive LOST IN SPACE music collection – a must-have living document of important music compositions for fans and film/TV music enthusiasts of all ages!

Available to order from lalalandrecords.com on OCTOBER 6, 2015.

RETAIL PRICE: $149.98.

LIMITED TO 1500 UNITS.

SET FEATURES INCLUDE:

- More than 14 hours of music across 12 CDs!

- 104 Page Booklet with archival photos/art and exclusive liner notes by Jeff Bond.

- First time ever presentation of John Williams' complete ORIGINAL RECORDING of the score to "The Reluctant Stowaway" as conducted and recorded by composer John Williams (this score is sourced from the music stem).

- Presentations of all John Williams’ scores from the series including "The Reluctant Stowaway," "Island in the Sky," "The Hungry Sea" and "My Friend, Mr. Nobody" plus first and third season main and end titles and bumpers.

- Previously unreleased music from Herman Stein's "There Were Giants in the Earth" including "Gold Brick," the familiar music for Dr. Smith.

- Scores from ALL 30 scored episodes of the series, including never-before-released episode scores like "Space Circus," "The Thief From Outer Space," "West of Mars," "The Questing Beast," "The Space Vikings," "The Mechanical Men," "Visit to a Hostile Planet," "A Day at the Zoo," "Space Beauty" and "Junkyard in Space."

- Library cues by Fred Steiner and never before released library cues by Leith Stevens and Lionel Newman.

- 20th Century Fox library movie cues used on the series.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=111810&forumID=1

Bolding is by me

So does that mean the "Reluctant Stowaway" cues we had before were re-recordings??

I'm now 100% certain that the Williams music we had on previous CD releases was alternate recordings and not the actual versions used in the show. I think I had read that on FSM and I watched the pilot episode and noticed that it sounded different.

And we have our answer!

All previous releases of The Reluctant Stowaway were from the second season Library Tracks. The original recording of the score has never been released until now. Both recordings are included on this set.

MV

So we are finally getting the actual recordings John Williams conducted for the episode on this new set. The GNP CD contained re-recordings conducted by someone else.

Neat!

And we have our answer!

All previous releases of The Reluctant Stowaway were from the second season Library Tracks. The original recording of the score has never been released until now. Both recordings are included on this set.

MV

So we are finally getting the actual recordings John Williams conducted for the episode on this new set. The GNP CD contained re-recordings conducted by someone else.

Neat!

The use of the re-recorded library music tracks was mentioned on the 40th Anniversary set LLL released. I wonder what quality the music stem sourced original tracks from The Reluctant Stowaway are. Do they come with edits made to the music for the episode?

The information about "Reluctant" on GNP being a rerecording was certainly news to me. Not that it makes much difference -- it's still basically the same music (and so the material on the old GNP suffices) -- but interesting nonetheless. I had no idea about this practice of rerecording episode scores for re-use in later seasons. So I'm still not getting this set. I can understand the appeal, though. There were three sci fi shows coming out around that time that made a huge impact -- STAR TREK, DR. WHO and LOST IN SPACE. So I have no doubt the fan following is big, and that it will sell well. Personally, I've only ever seen the JW-scored episodes, plus a handful more in the first season. Not my cuppa tea, really.

Lost In Space doesn't wasn't nearly as popular and influential as Star Trek or Doctor Who!

True, but it belongs to the popular sci fi threesome that came out at roughly the same time. In Williams' TV filmography, there's really only that and GILLIGAN'S ISLAND that will be familiar to wide audiences of contemporary times.

Well, this was speculation over at FSM but it seems it's the real thing:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204745536452978

This is the real thing! The restored version of the rejected Season 2 main title sequence -- as written by Warren Barker. Thanks to Jeff Bond and the talented guys at La-La Land records. They're going to be issuing a 10 disc set of ALL LIS music. Most of it PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED!! The version of this alternate theme was put together from music fragments and released on the Volume 3 disc put out by Crescendo -- but we got it WRONG! Who knew it was meant to sync up EXACTLY to the Season 2 main title? Also strange... It was recorded in November of 1966 -- after Season 2 had already started!

This will be on the CD as well as the Blu-ray (in HD).

For the record, Kevin Burns is the "keeper of the Irwin Allen properties."

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=5&threadID=108666&archive=0

So, does anyone know if we combine LIS Volumes 1,2,3 and the La-lalaland 40th anniversary edition, is there any John Williams cues from the series missing that could be included in this new set?

Rejected for damn good reason too.

If Gomer Pyle had decided to become an astronaut, this would be perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

COMING OCTOBER 6, 2015 AT 12 PM PST FROM LA-LA LAND RECORDS:

LOST IN SPACE: 50th ANNIVERSARY SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1366

Music by John Williams, Hans J. Salter, Herman Stein, Richard LaSalle, Frank Comstock, Fred Steiner, Jeff Alexander, Warren Barker, Leith Stevens, Alexander Courage, Robert Drasnin, Cyril J. Mockridge, Gerald Fried, Pete Rugolo and Joseph Mullendore

Limited Edition of 1500 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $149.98

La-La Land Records, Synthesis Entertainment and Legendary Pictures proudly present LOST IN SPACE: 50TH ANNIVERSARY SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION, an unprecedented deluxe limited edition 12-CD box set of music from the classic sci-fi television series!

The original music scores from this cherished and historic series come to vivid life like never before, restored and remastered from original scoring elements, and featuring hours of previously unreleased music, including the world premiere release of John William’s score to “The Reluctant Stowaway,” as well as many previously unavailable episode scores, such as “Space Circus,” “West of Mars,” and more!

The music of LOST IN SPACE not only calls forth all the action, danger and unabashed joy of the beloved show, but as meticulously assembled in this astounding set, it reveals itself to be some of the most creative and dynamic scoring ever composed for the medium. Featuring music by John Williams, Herman Stein, Hans J. Salter, Joseph Mullendore, Alexander Courage, Cyril J. Mockridge, Gerald Fried, Leith Stevens, Robert Drasnin, Fred Steiner and others, the scores of LOST IN SPACE rocket the listener through a warm galaxy of nostalgia into a vast universe of awe-inspiring musical expression – all of it finally preserved in a pristine collection to be savored. This deluxe set, limited to 1500 units and housed in an attractive hard-cover slipcase, also contains a 100+ booklet jam-packed with exciting archival photos and art, alongside exclusive, in-depth liner notes by album co-producer Jeff Bond.

Executive Produced by Kevin Burns, produced by Jeff Bond and Neil Bulk, and mastered by Stephen Marsh and Fernando Lee, with out-of-this-world art design by Joe Sikoryak, this is the definitive LOST IN SPACE music collection – a must-have living document of important music compositions for fans and film/TV music enthusiasts of all ages!

SET FEATURES INCLUDE:

- More than 14 hours of music across 12 CDs!

- 104 Page Booklet with archival photos/art and exclusive liner notes by Jeff Bond.

- First time ever presentation of John Williams' original score recording to "The Reluctant

Stowaway" (this score is sourced from the music stem).

- Presentations of all John Williams scores from the series including "The Reluctant Stowaway," "Island in the Sky," "The Hungry Sea" and "My Friend, Mr. Nobody" plus first and third season main and end titles and bumpers.

- Previously unreleased music from Herman Stein's "There Were Giants in the Earth" including "Gold Brick," the familiar music for Dr. Smith.

- Scores from ALL 30 scored episodes of the series, including never-before-released episode scores like "Space Circus," "The Thief From Outer Space," "West of Mars," "The Questing Beast," "The Space Vikings," "The Mechanical Men," "Visit to a Hostile Planet," "A Day at the Zoo," "Space Beauty" and "Junkyard in Space."

- Library cues by Fred Steiner and never before released library cues by Leith Stevens and Lionel Newman.

- 20th Century Fox library movie cues used on the series.

- Recreation of the music tracking from the original pilot "No Place To Hide," with music by Bernard Herrmann, Leigh Harline and Lionel Newman.

TRACK LISTING:

Lost In Space - Season One Track Titles and Times

Disc 1

1. Main Title 1:01

The Reluctant Stowaway

Music composed and conducted by Johnny Williams

2. Smith’s Entrance 2:29

3. Judo Chop 1:43

4. On the Pad :46

5. The Good Doctor 1:14

6. Preparations 1:13

7. Final Countdown 4:08

8. Escape Velocity / Robot Control 3:36

9. Meteor Storm 3:11

10. Defrosting / Log Book 2:04

11. Weightless Waltz 3:23

12. Robot Play-On / Doctor & Boy 2:18

13. The Monster Rebels 3:30

14. Message for President :54

15. A Walk in Space / To Be Continued 6:47

TOTAL TIME: 37:16

16. Season One Bumper :08

The Derelict

Music composed by Richard LaSalle, Hans J. Salter and Herman Stein

17. Rescued From Space 1:58

18. The Comet Cometh 6:39

19. Derelict Title :43

20. Don Rescues John and Maureen / The Robot Performs 6:00

21. Writing in the Log / Family / The Treatment 2:10

22. Swallowed 4:08

23. Flashing Lights / Frontal Robotomy / Filmy Spiderweb 2:44

24. Crystalline Power 1:26

25. Smart Kid 3:13

26. The Bubble Monster 2:21

27. Lift Off 4:22

28. The New Planet / Continued Next Week 1:32

TOTAL TIME = 37:16

total disc 1 time = 75:41

Disc 2

Island in the Sky

1. Strange Planet / Suiting Up 2:51

2. John’s Descent / John’s Fall 2:44

3. Rescue Orbit / Helmet It / Group Play-On 2:28

4. Stranglehold 3:12

5. The Landing 3:15

6. Lil Will and the Robot 1:32

7. Search for John 4:14

8. Monkey’s Doo 4:54

9. Operation Rescue / Personal Chauffeur 1:40

10. Tractor Play-On / Electric Sagebrush 1:06

11. Watch & Learn / Keeping House 2:54

12. The Bad Doctor / Will Is Threatened 1:58

TOTAL TIME = 32:48

There Were Giants in the Earth

Music composed by Herman Stein

13. Giants :18

14. Gourmet / Gold Brick 4:25

15. Departure / Pod Almighty 1:39

16. Footprint / Microscope / Father and Son / Robot 2:19

17. Withered 1:40

18. Rest Cue / Deserted 2:17

TOTAL TIME = 12:38

The Hungry Sea

19. The Earthquake 2:46

20. Chariot Titles 1:07

21. Temperature Dropping / Nature’s Display / Fahrenheit A-Go-Go 2:20

22. The Chariot Continues 1:12

23. Boring Company 2:14

24. I Messenger 1:42

25. Don’s Ray :23

26. Space Bridge / John’s Temper 2:34

27. Warming Rays / Sun Storm 3:03

28. Morning After 3:14

29. The Inland Sea 2:17

30. Land Ho / Kids Play-Off 2:39

31. Space Play-On / Strange Visitor 1:14

32. Home Sweet Home (bonus) 1:24

TOTAL TIME = 28:09

Invaders From the Fifth Dimension

Music composed by Herman Stein and Lionel Newman

33. First Head / TV Screen / Pull Back / Transition Chords / On & Off / Baby and Celeste 2:38

TOTAL TIME = 2:38

total disc 2 time = 76:13

Disc 3

Welcome Stranger

Music by Herman Stein and Frank Comstock

1. Stranger / Friend or Foe / Permission / Spore Sprayer 2:51

2. The Robinsons 4:07

3. Upper Ration / Hapgood 4:44

4. Play-On / Star Charts 1:59

5. Tall Tail / Good Guy 1:30

6. Blast Off 3:28

TOTAL TIME = 18:39

My Friend, Mr. Nobody

7. Wonderland Discovery 3:00

8. Hair Style Book :29

9. Penny’s Friend 2:05

10. Diamonds / Smith and Penny / Diamond Play-Off 1:51

11. Penny’s Cave 2:00

12. To the Cave 1:07

13. Gathering Wild Flowers 2:27

14. Moving Rocks / Mother and Daughter 2:10

15. Penny’s Problem 4:15

16. Storm Coming Up 1:33

17. A New Galaxy 2:30

TOTAL TIME = 23:26

18. Season One End Title :53

War of the Robots

Music composed by Jeff Alexander

19. Wistful Robot / Amused Robot / Sad Robot 4:19

TOTAL TIME = 4:19

Fred Steiner Library Cues

20. Another World / Another World (Drop-Off No. 2) / Another World Act-Out 2:42

21. Hideous Monster / Hideous Monster Act-Out 1:47

22. Awful Monster 1:46

23. Awful Monster 2 1:13

24. Ominous Signs / Ominous Signs Act-Out bar 25 2:18

25. Robot Music 1:52

26. Robot Music bars 1-29 slow 1:17

27. Silly Monster / Silly Monster Act-Out 1:33

28. Terror Stinger / Terror Stinger bar 1-2 / Terror Stinger Swell Up / Climax :56

29. Space Family / Space Family Act-Out & Tail-Out 1:54

30. Mother Earth 2:26

TOTAL TIME = 19:43

Additional Library Cues

31. The Monster 2:15

32. The Letter 1:17

33. The Getaway / The Genie 1:19

TOTAL TIME = 4:51

Tracked Library Cue

34. The Quarrel (Garden of Evil) 1:08

LIBRARY CUE TOTAL TIME = 25:42

Bonus Track:

35. Greensleeves 1:12

total disc 3 time = 74:15

Lost In Space - Season Two Track Titles and Times

Disc 4

1. Second Season Main Title (unused) 1:01

Blast Off Into Space

Music composed and conducted by Leith Stevens

2. The Family / The Quake / Slacking Off 1:59

3. Unveiling / Nerim 1:00

4. Act Opening / Mine Entrance 1:30

5. My Back Is Delicate / I’ll Take a Nap 2:12

6. Flight in Space / Robot / Partner 3:29

7. Receding Quake / My Command 1:20

8. Galaxies Wins / There He Goes 2:59

9. Spilled Cosmonium 1:36

10. Act Opening / It’s Alive / Cosmonium Fiend 4:09

11. Are We Ready / One Last Check / Family / Blast Off 3:14

12. Thruster Control / The Quake (clean) / Thruster Control Continued 3:25

13. Nova / Come Here / Act Opening / Freeze Frame 1:33

TOTAL TIME = 28:26

Space Circus

Music composed and conducted by Herman Stein

14. Enter Marvello / Titles / This Way / College Star 2:19

15. Past Performance / Girls / No Grow 1:26

16. Circus No. 2 3:48

17. Mumy’s Magic 1:50

18. Passport / Wooden Ball / Robot Critic / Ape Strikes 3:20

19. Will Conned / Ape Strikes No. 2 2:06

20. Marvello Reformed / Act-Out V. 1 / Punishment 1:50

21. Circus No. 1 2:33

22. Act-Out V. 2 / Punishment :18

TOTAL TIME = 19:30

The Questing Beast

Music composed by Cyril J. Mockridge

23. Sir Sagramonte 1:23

24. The Basking Hound / The Quest / It’s Beneath Me / Seeking Information 3:11

25. What’s a Quest 1:23

26. Plotting / Gundemar / Prepare for Battle 3:13

27. Fallen Hero / On With the Quest 3:03

28. The Dragon Walk No. 1 / The Dragon Walk No. 2 / Oh, Dear 1:39

29. Mock Battle / Pooped Knight / The Dragon Walk No. 3 / The Dragon Walk No. 4 2:10

30. Missed Melon / I’m Old and Tired 1:27

31. Sagramonte vs. Gundemar 2:08

32. The Quest Is Ended 1:39

TOTAL TIME = 21:16

33. End Credits B :45

total disc 4 time = 70:58

Disc 5

Wild Adventure

Music composed and conducted by Alexander Courage

1. Million Miles / Dust Ball / Bum Steer 2:45

2. Episode Titles / Aunty Pasto 2:21

3. Pushy Fellow 2:42

4. Later Astrogator :53

5. Flying “A” Station 3:19

6. Down the Shaft / Nefarious / Green Mist Miss 3:53

7. Family Fun / Lady of Pain 6:30

8. Hot Sun Ralston / The Big Whew 2:43

9. Floating Lady - Reeled In 7:30

10. Hanging Crepe / Space Beatles / Interrupted Melody 1:36

11. Van Irwin Belt 1:48

TOTAL TIME = 36:00

The Girl From the Green Dimension

12. Telesmoke / Episode Titles / Tailed 1:53

13. Unjolly Green Giant / Greenwich Time 2:54

14. Kitchy Goo / Fire Follower / Long Nose Wiggle 2:16

15. Turned Green / Rub-a-Dub 2:51

16. Bottom of the Garden / Poof! 1:51

17. No to Chess / Puss in Boots 2:28

18. The Mulberry Bush 3:13

19. Worn Out Toaster / The Chiseler / Savage Splendor 2:31

20. Duel on the Run 1:23

21. Small Punkins 2:02

22. I Say It’s Spinach / What a Knight 1:58

TOTAL TIME = 25:20

The Space Vikings

23. Episode Titles / Enter Hildy / Body Snatcher / Enter Thor / Shoot the Chutes / Nary Larry 1:40

24. Off to Valhalla / A “Fafner” Spit / On Guard / Beat the Giants / Missed the Horse / By Jupiter 3:51

TOTAL TIME = 5:31

total disc 5 time = 66:51

Disc 6

The Cave of the Wizards

1. Controlled Astrogation / Mummy’s Boy 3:38

2. Dracoland 3:10

3. Bopped / Allen’s Laundry / Girl Guide / Sham Ship 5:51

4. Smithed / Mac Bluff / Rock and Doc 3:25

5. Draconian Anthem 1:15

6. Golden Boy / Omnipotent Smith / The Rocksie Twins 2:28

7. Into Vessel Made / Cold Feet / King Smith 3:48

8. Where’s Will / Carried Away 6:43

9. Hold Tight / Prima Donna 1:40

TOTAL TIME = 31:58

10. The Enemy Below Main Title 1:42

The Mechanical Men

11. Bubbles Smith / Imminent Danger / Rip Van Smith 2:05

12. Episode Titles / Scratch One / Head Mech 1:28

13. Discombobulated / Scratch Two / Invasionette No. 2 / Mighty Mites / Convinced / Little Stall 2:11

14. King Mech / King Mech No. 2 / Noble Leader 3:10

15. Gardeners / The Big Switch / Short Tail / He Didn’t Fight / It Works 2:06

16. Tinsmith / Grated / All Charged Up / Ultimatum / Don’t Give Up / Go Pack / Fearless Smith 1:32

17. Robot Rites / Robot War / Escape / Spread the Word 3:30

18. Small War / Whoops-a-Daisy 3:29

TOTAL TIME = 19:31

Curse of Cousin Smith

Music composed and conducted by Robert Drasnin

19. Cousin Smith / Shell Game 1:31

20. Mississippi Shuffle 1:26

21. Little Joe’s No :53

22. Little Joe’s Yes 1:24

23. Big Daddy 4:42

TOTAL TIME = 9:56

A Visit to Hades

Harp effects recorded by Lionel Newman

24. Harp No. 5 / Harp No. 6 / Harp No. 8 1:28

The Astral Traveler

Music adapted by Urban Thielmann

25. Loch Lomond No. 1 / Loch Lomond No. 3 / Loch Lomond No. 4 1:38

total disc 6 time = 66:14

Disc 7

The Thief From Outer Space

1. Space Thief / Space Genie 1:08

2. Outer Baghdad / Salty Sultan 2:20

3. Sibling Snit / Wandering Will 3:06

4. Thieves Cave / Arabian Capture 2:52

5. Arabian Work Song 1:08

6. Dark of the Moon / Sultan’s Quest 4:05

7. Apprehension Will Out / Smith Brothers 3:06

8. Back to Back / Work Song No. 2 1:00

9. Caliph Smith / Asterordinary Situation / Molto Pain / Slave Cave 4:06

10. Grand Vizier / Sad Sultan 1:24

11. Shish Kabob / The Great Offendi 2:44

12. Fatima / Smith Birds Pt. 1 3:36

TOTAL TIME = 30:35

West of Mars

13. Smith Works / Lightning Rod 2:31

14. A Running Start / Never Fear / Zeno’s Plan 2:39

15. Masquerade / Sheriff Serenade 2:15

16. Bars and Stripes / Pain Out / Clue Overdue 1:53

17. Shannon’s Door 1:30

18. Space Vipers / Crash Landing / After Crash / New Image 2:33

19. Zeno’s Back in Town 2:28

20. Judy, Baby / Pussy Cat Bridge / Colors True / F.A.O. Getaway 3:39

21. Zeno Fun / Momentary / Scared and Lazy / Group Soup 3:39

22. Question Period / Zeno’s Exit / Sentimental Smith 3:15

TOTAL TIME = 26:22

Forbidden World

23. To the Cave / Tiabo’s Shuffle 2:17

24. The General Speaks 2:18

25. Spy on the Rocks 2:44

26. Sympathetic Circumstance / Sad Apple Smith 2:16

27. The Neutralizer 2:42

28. To Kill a Spy / Countdown / Space Walk 3:33

TOTAL TIME = 15:50

total disc 7 time = 72:49

Disc 8

The Reluctant Stowaway (library cues)

1. Smith’s Entrance 2:50

2. Preparations 1:29

3. Final Countdown 4:45

4. Escape Velocity / Robot Control 3:36

5. Meteor Storm 2:41

6. Defrosting 2:05

7. Weightless Waltz 3:37

8. The Monster Rebels 3:43

9. A Walk in Space 4:31

10. To Be Continued 3:07

11. A Walk in Space (alternate) 4:31

12. Meteor Storm (alternate 1) 2:47

13. Meteor Storm (alternate 2) 2:46

TOTAL TIME = 42:28

The Hungry Sea (library cues)

Composed by Johnny Williams

14. Earthquake 3:04

15. Strange Visitor (To Be Continued) :50

TOTAL TIME = 3:54

There Were Giants in the Earth (library cues)

16. Microscope / Pod Almighty 1:54

TOTAL TIME = 1:54

Miscellaneous Library Cues

17. Senior / Introduction / The Search 4:00

18. A Nice Little Bank / Investigation 2:56

TOTAL TIME = 6:56

Season Two Library Cues

Leith Stevens

19. Act Opening A / Act Opening B / Act Open No. 2 / Act Open No. 1 1:34

20. VS No. 1 2:01

21. VS No. 3 / Act-Out A 2:59

22. VS No. 2 2:29

TOTAL TIME = 9:03

total disc 8 time = 64:13

Lost In Space - Season Three Track Titles and Times

Disc 9

1. Third Season Main Title 1:09

The Space Primevals

Music composed and conducted by Fred Steiner

2. Hot Stuff / Hot Stuff No. 2 / Danger Motif / Strange Place 3:19

3. Space Primevals 2:01

4. Protineus Part 1 / Protineus Part 2 3:17

5. More Danger / Flying Pod / Flying Pod No. 2 1:16

6. Robot to Cavern / Smith Tries / Smith Tries No. 2 / Robot to Will 2:02

7. In the Cavern 2:02

8. The Searcher 1:28

9. Rescue Don 1:12

10. Trapped / Agitato Bridge 1:53

11. Cavern Music / Warm Smith / Lizard 3:06

12. Lizard No. 2 / Robot Magic / Primeval Problem 1:45

13. Untitled 1:29

14. Explosions / Robot Magic No. 2 / Robot Works 2:45

15. Tour de Force / Shrunken Robot / On the Way 1:37

16. Back to Normal 1:35

TOTAL TIME: 30:47

17. Third Season Bumper 0:09

Visit to a Hostile Planet

Music composed and conducted by Cyril J. Mockridge

18. Maureen & Girls 0:52

19. Captain Cragmire / Battle Stations 1:53

20. Smith’s Disguise / Will and Robot Captured 1:45

21. Stacy Visits Will / Change of Command / Lassoed / Target Jupiter Smith / Destroy the Jupiter 1:55

22. Ultimatum / Smith Walks / Smith Walks Again 0:48

23. Scarecrow / This Is It / Blow Up 1:46

24. Stacy Visits Will (alternate) 0:38

TOTAL TIME: 9:37

Collision of Planets

Music composed and conducted by Gerald Fried

25. The Aliens 1:41

26. Green Smoke 0:49

27. Blasting Operation 3:46

28. Samson Smith / Samson March 1:59

29. Squabbling Aliens 2:28

30. Squelched Robot / Old Master / Gun Bending / Smith’s Girl / Back to Flab 3:19

31. Running in Place / Breathing Exercises / The Tiger / Scared Aliens 2:37

32. Fight / First Blast 1:53

33. Lover Boy Smith 1:33

34. Trimmed 1:32

35. Planning the Worst / More Breathing 1:33

36. Power Off Again / More Explosion 2:19

37. PHTT! / Burning Cycles / Turnabout / The Last Straw 1:56

38. Background Improv - melody and guitar (bonus) 1:08

39. Background Improv - guitar strumming (bonus) 1:10

TOTAL TIME: 29:43

The Promised Planet

Music composed by Peter Rugolo

40. Space-a-Delic 3:53

TOTAL TIME = 3:53

41. Third Season End Title 0:54

TOTAL DISC 9 TIME: 76:15

Disc 10

The Haunted Lighthouse

Music composed and conducted by Joseph Mullendore

1. Opening Scene 1:20

2. Lead-In Freeze Frame No. 1 / Who Is This / J5 and the Zaybo / Take Off 1:48

3. J5’s Physical / J5 for Analysis 1:26

4. Fix Stabilizer / Member of Crew / Short Act-Out 1:10

5. Act-In / F-15 / Colonel Fogey 4:25

6. Col. Fogey’s Lightship 2:17

7. Turkey Dinner / We’ll Show Them 1:06

8. Act-On / Penny and J5 / Alarm Bells / J5 Calls Zaybo 2:39

9. You Spoke of Diamonds / A Zaybo for Smith / Act-Out on J5 3:18

10. Act-In / J5 and Smith / Will & the Lion 1:13

11. J5 Listens to Penny 2:16

12. J5 to the Rescue / Last Scene 2:12

TOTAL TIME: 25:10

A Day at the Zoo

13. The Bouncing Ball / Across the Sun / Prehistoric Teenager 2:39

14. Episode Titles / Disappearing Penny / Comfy Cage 5:12

15. Join the Group / LM All Caught 2:17

16. Introducing / Robot / Sir Mo-Dread 1:39

17. Caged / Temper, Temper / Tricky Willie 1:52

18. Pour It Out / Oggo A-Go-Go / Escape Hatch 1:55

19. Ingrate / Talk to the Animal / DI Smith 2:53

20. Hit the Road / Oggoland / Whipping Boy / How Long 1:21

21. Circus Music 2:10

22. First Face / Party’s Over / Oggoes Soft / About Fathers 1:44

23. Buddies / Snared Again 1:15

24. Will’s Guitar (bonus) 0:24

TOTAL TIME: 25:21

Space Beauty

25. The Pop-On Pair 2:52

26. Episode Title / Farnum / M-1 Agent 1:43

27. Farnum Gives Light / You Don’t Qualify / Miss Outer Teutonium / “Boy, a Beauty Contest” 2:35

28. Puppet / What Did They Tell You / Act-Out 2:12

29. Clause Fifteen / My Soul Is Yours / Let’s Fix Lunch / Mystery Planet 2:17

30. Reptile Girl / Smith Plans to Sign Judy / Phony Contract 2:10

31. Observing / The Master / Judy Signs :53

32. Act-On / Robota / Robota No. 2 2:51

33. A Thing of Beauty / Fine Print / Mysterious Dictator 1:23

34. You Are the One 1:52

35. Here They Come 3:09

36. Rain 3:12

37. Terrible Experience / There Goes Mr. Farnum / End 0:52

TOTAL TIME: 28:01

TOTAL DISC 10 TIME: 78:30

Disc 11

Castles in Space

Music composed and conducted by Gerald Fried

1. Antenna / Judy Walking / Wrong Skeet / “Heave!” / Pulsating Light 2:02

2. Whimpering Smith / Campfire 1:20

3. Guard Duty / Ice Princess 3:29

4. Alibis / Footprints / Chilblains 0:54

5. Frightened Visitor 1:48

6. Fireball / Chavo / Student Bull 2:45

7. Sleeping Reyka / Morning After / Chavo’s Fortress / Ring of Fire 1:10

8. Sentry Smith / The Visit 1:16

9. Daggers Anyone? / Wanted 2:19

10. Decoy / Ghost Feeding / Missing Reyka 1:12

11. Alibis No. 2 / Senorita Dummy / Smith’s Girl / Chavo’s Guitar 1:01

12. Love With the Proper Dummy / Sexy Dummy 3:04

13. Knife Throw 0:44

14. Real Knives / Matador 1:21

15. Bull Thrower 1:51

16. Vanishing Princess / Packing Up / Love Triangle 1:11

17. Sloop John B 1:18

TOTAL TIME: 28:45

The Great Vegetable Rebellion

18. Purple Planet Plotters / Cake Eaters / Finger Licker / Flower Power 1:14

19. The Plant Planet 2:42

20. Episode Titles / No Mighty Man Is He / Tinny Toast / Voice of the Flowers / John’s Jibe 2:20

21. Howling Hyacinths / Caught by a Carrot 1:00

22. Villainous Vegetable / Vine Covered Robot / The Vegetable 3:19

23. Sprouting Smith / Carrot Topped 2:26

24. Pennywort / Sleeping Cutie / Tybo’s Steam Room 1:34

25. Mulch Monster / Vic Smithy 1:59

26. Switch Lifters / Sign of the ’76 2:09

27. Celery Again / Yummy 4:21

28. Dead Battery 0:56

29. Judy’s Goat 3:16

30. The Dry Boys / The Buddy Boys 2:51

TOTAL TIME: 30:07

Junkyard in Space

31. Literary Masterpiece / Fire / Draw Straws 1:56

32. Space Pod 2:26

33. Episode Titles 2:19

34. The Move / The Junkman 2:30

35. Fuel Tank’s Repaired / No Lift Off / Act-Out 1:12

36. Act-On / Dinner by Candlelight / Hush, Dear Friend / Dinner 1:47

37. To Meet Junkman / Mechanical Thing Attacks / He’s Modest / Junkman Act-Out 3:00

38. Act-On No. 2 / Sick Robot / Welcome / Steal Spaceship 3:31

TOTAL TIME (on disc 11): 18:41

TOTAL DISC TIME: 77:31

Disc 12

Junkyard in Space (continued)

1. Act-On No. 3 / Junkman Fires Rockets 2:34

2. Don’t Look Back / Will and Junkman 2:02

3. Love / Robot Saves Smith / End Episode 2:25

TOTAL TIME (on disc 12): 7:01

TOTAL TIME (of score): 25:42

Season Three Library Cues

4. Mysterioso Space Sound :35

5. Trouble for Us 2:16

6. Hammer of God :22

7. Gathering Wild Flowers 3:28

8. Galaxies Wins 2:33

9. The Clown Command 1:32

TOTAL TIME = 10:46

Return From Outer Space (Miracle on 34th St., River of No Return and Hound-Dog Man)

Music composed and conducted by Cyril J. Mockridge

10. A Letter to Santa 0:55

11. Susan’s Dream House / Store Montage 1:40

12. X-Ray Machine 2:05

13. Jingle Bells / The Proposal 2:44

14. Dony Fiddle Solo 1:54

15. Matt and Mark / Matt and Mark No. 2 / Matt and Mark No. 3 3:43

16. The Kiss 2:21

17. The Proposal 2:12

TOTAL TIME: 17:34

Original pilot episode “No Place to Hide” Tracking Recreation

Music by Bernard Herrmann, Leigh Harline, Lionel Newman; all cues by Herrmann unless noted.

18. Launch / Asteroid Storm / Landing 3:56

19. Log and Crash Site 1:30

20. Climb to Weather Station 2:41

21. Weather Station 1:14

22. Footprints / Cyclops 1:19

23. Laundry / Cyclops Sighted 1:54

24. Will Runs / Cyclops Attacks / Will Kills Cyclops 3:26

25. Don Prepares Chariot 1:36

26. Jetpack 4:01

27. Penny Rescued / Chariot to Cyclops 2:01

28. Chariot Past Dead Cyclops 1:19

29. Chariot Continues 1:00

30. Penny Gossips :43

31. Chariot Enters Cave / Exploration 5:52

32. The Whirlpool (Lionel Newman, Leigh Harline) / Escape / Finale 7:02

33. End Credits :32

TOTAL TIME = 40:06

total disc 12 time = 75:27

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10153760808113755

LLL normal overseas shipping cost would be 10$ for the first CD and 2,50$ for each additional one so it would cost 149.98+10+27.50=187.48$=165,98€.

Yes, I did that same math... But I think that for this larger sets a special shipping fee is created - Varese did it for Spartacus, if memory serves. Don't recall about the Blue Box, but those are the two only box sets I ever got from specialty labels.

Yes there could be a special fee for the new box as well. E.g.the LLL Star Trek the Original Series Soundtrack Collection has one. But that same shipping fee might not necessarily apply for the Lost in Space set.

• 2 months later...

Did anyone here buy this set in the end?  The John Williams collector / completist in me is sorely tempted by the John Williams stuff but I am finding it hard to rationalise paying so much for a box set that I know I will not listen to often.  I have the Irwin Allen box set and the La La Land 40th anniversary 2-CD set, but not the CD featuring music from the My Friend, Mr. Nobody episode.

Is there any chance that La La Land might reissue just the John Williams tracks at a later date?  A rough calculation suggests that there is about three hours worth of John Williams music here.  That is not to denigrate the music of the other composers involved (I love some of the stuff written by Herman Stein, for example) but in my heart of hearts I cannot see myself listening to it often enough to justify the purchase.  Is anyone else feeling the same way?

1 minute ago, Omen II said:

Is there any chance that La La Land might reissue just the John Williams tracks at a later date?

That is extremely unlikely.

The sound quality on the original JW recording for The Reluctant Stowaway is absolutely horrendous. It's basically unlistenable. You're better off with the previously released GNP and LLL CDs, unless you're a completist.

• 6 months later...

This morning I listened to the first CD of the Lost in Space 50th boxset.... This is maybe too much music for me...

Is anyone here already made a playlist, using only the tracks written by John Williams, a sort of best-of.... even more concise than the music present of the 40th boxset?

16 hours ago, Bespin said:

This morning I listened to the first CD of the Lost in Space 50th boxset.... This is maybe too much music for me...

Is anyone here already made a playlist, using only the tracks written by John Williams, a sort of best-of.... even more concise than the music present of the 40th boxset?

Well, I guess you could call the original GNP discs a more condensed playlist of sorts. I never bought the 40th disc, as I'm content with my three GNP volumes.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Well, I guess you could call the original GNP discs a more condensed playlist of sorts. I never bought the 40th disc, as I'm content with my three GNP volumes.

Finally here's my playlist:

Theme from season 1

End credits from season 1

Theme from season 3

End credits from season 3

:-)

What is currently lacking on the market, is a CD with only the original recordings of TV themes written by John Williams.

Indeed that would be a very cool compilation CD, but one impossible to put out since they are all owned by various different studios.  Someone could do a re-recording CD focused entirely on his TV theme work, of course.

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

Indeed that would be a very cool compilation CD, but one impossible to put out since they are all owned by various different studios.  Someone could do a re-recording CD focused entirely on his TV theme work, of course.

My mouth waters at the thought! How I would love to hear a new rendition of THE TAMMY GRIMES SHOW -- the wackiest theme he's ever written!

Though not about the music, this could be interesting...

New Lost in Space remake coming to Netflix:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-demand/2016/06/30/new-lost-in-space-remake-coming-to-netflix/

I think the first season was quite good for space adventure fans like me until it got ultra silly.