Lost in Space COMPLETE Box set coming (La-laland)

filmmusic

2 hours ago, karelm said:

Though not about the music, this could be interesting...

New Lost in Space remake coming to Netflix:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-demand/2016/06/30/new-lost-in-space-remake-coming-to-netflix/

I think the first season was quite good for space adventure fans like me until it got ultra silly.

It was pretty silly from the get-go (how about that "alien" they encounter early on in the first season, and adopt as a pet, basically a chimp with moose antlers?), but not without a decent moment or two. But yeah, when they went to colour and had people dressed in giant carrot suits, it took it up yet another camp notch). Still -- it is one of the three major sci fi shows that came out at roughly the same time, the other two being the (superior) STAR TREK and DR. WHO.

Those all bordered the campy line. Star Trek did a pretty good job but then there was Spocks Brain and the weekly green hippy girls for Kirk to seduce.  I never got in to Dr Who though my brother raves about it.

22 minutes ago, karelm said:

Those all bordered the campy line. Star Trek did a pretty good job but then there was Spocks Brain and the weekly green hippy girls for Kirk to seduce.  I never got in to Dr Who though my brother raves about it.

Oh, all of them were definitely camp. Not even borderline. LOST IN SPACE just happened to be the MOST camp of them all.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Oh, all of them were definitely camp. Not even borderline. LOST IN SPACE just happened to be the MOST camp of them all.

Yes, that was its niche.  "Oh the pain...the pain" - Dr. Smith's weekly outro. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/4/2018 at 2:58 AM, filmmusic said:

Can anyonme identify this Williams motif (3b) in the 50 the anniversary edition?

I can't find it.

3a is in DIsc 1 track 2.

LIS.png.ea6e36a411a1ab24d19271979b269bb4.png

Anyone? :unsure:

On 9/23/2015 at 10:40 PM, skyy38 said:

Rejected for damn good reason too.

If Gomer Pyle had decided to become an astronaut, this would be perfect.

Are you saying Gomer DIDN'T become an astronaut?

9 hours ago, Tallguy said:

That was a three years old post...

And Skyy38.

• 3 months later...

During our recent inventory, we found 8 remaining Lost In Space box sets - $100 each

Get 'em before they be gone for good! 

www.lalalandrecords.com

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=130055&forumID=1&archive=0

On 5/2/2018 at 12:19 AM, Tallguy said:

hey I used to watch that.I think it came on after Land of the Lost

I played around with the site, and was able to add it to my cart using this link:

https://lalalandrecords.com/cart.php?action=add&product_id=263

These product ids are apparently alphabetical, so if they add or remove a product from inventory, the product ID may go up or down.

Still waiting for this LP... but in CD... with only JW's music:

p_lost_space_vinyl.jpg

Lost in Space: The Complete John Williams Collection (2017, Spacelab9, SL9-2048-I-I, Compilation, 4 LP)

Disc 1 - The Reluctant Stowaway: Main Title Theme (Season One and Two); Smith's Entrance; Judo Chop; On the Pad; The Good Doctor; Preparations; Final Countdown; Escape Velocity / Robot Control; Meteor Storm; Defrosting / Log Book; Weightless Waltz; Bumper (Season One and Two)*; Robot Play-on / Doctor & Boy; The Monster Rebels; Message for President; A Walk in Space / To Be Continued; Bonus Track: End Title Theme (Season One and Two); Disc 2 - Island in the Sky: Strange Planet / Suiting Up; John's Descent / John's Fall; Rescue Orbit / Helmet it / Group Play-On; Stranglehold; The Landing; Lil Will and the Robot; Search for John; Monkey's Doo; Operation Rescue / Personal Chauffeur; Tractor Play-On / Electric Sagebrush; Watch & Learn / Keeping House; The Bad Doctor / Will is Threatened; Bonus Tracks: Library Cues from The Reluctant Stowaway**; Smith's Entrance; Meteor Storm; End Title Theme (Alternate Version) (Season One and Two); Disc 3 - The Hungry Sea: The Earthquake; Chariot Titles; Temperature Dropping / Nature's Display / Fahrenheit A Go-Go; The Chariot Continues; Boring Company; I, Messenger; Don's Ray; Space Bridge / John's Temper; Warming Rays / Sun Storm; Morning After; The Inland Sea; Land Ho / Kids Play-Off / Space Play-On; Strange Visitor; Home Sweet Home; Bonus Tracks: Library Cues from The Reluctant Stowaway and The Hungry Sea**; Earthquake; Strange Visitor (To Be Continued); The Monster Rebels; To Be Continued; Disc 4 - My Friend, Mr. Nobody: Wonderland Discovery; Hair Style Book; Penny's Friend; Diamonds / Smith and Penny / Diamond Play-Off; Penny's Cave; To the Cave; Gathering Wild Flowers; Moving Rocks / Mother and Daughter; Penny's Problem; Storm Coming Up; A New Galaxy; Bonus Tracks: Library Cues from the Reluctant Stowaway**; Final Countdown; Escape Velocity / Robot Control; Defrosting; Weightless Waltz; Season Three Main Title Theme; Season Three Bumper; Season Three End Title Theme. * Composed by Richard LaSalle; ** Composed by John Williams and Conducted by Lionel Newman.

7 hours ago, Pellaeon said:

I played around with the site, and was able to add it to my cart using this link:

https://lalalandrecords.com/cart.php?action=add&product_id=263

These product ids are apparently alphabetical, so if they add or remove a product from inventory, the product ID may go up or down.

If I try to select quantity "2", it says they've not enough copies in stock for my request.

• 2 years later...

It contains all of Williams' material, as far as I know (I don't have it, nor do I want it). But the Irwin Allen box contains the bulk of it as well (and the Vol. 3 disc that was released separately). I recommend getting the Allen box instead, since you then also get TIME TUNNEL and LAND OF THE GIANTS. But it might be very difficult and expensive to get these days.

I just found the 40th edition for a "normal" price, so that's why I bumped the thread.

However, I did own an earlier release once, which I sold because I didn't particularly like most of the music. But that's a long time ago and perhaps I'll appreciate it more now, and the 40th edition contains more and hopefully more interesting music.

If you didn't like it then, I doubt you'll like it now. It veers between 60s psychedelia and aggressive, sturm-und-drang modernism. Not everyone's cup of tea, and especially the latter part took me some time to "enjoy" too. There's a lot of this:

Difficult. Maybe THE TIME TUNNEL. Slightly more accessible than the other two. I also have a nostalgic relationship to the show, as reruns aired on Super Channel in the mid 80s.

I may repeat myself, but in LP, they released in 2017 a "Complete John Williams" compilation of Lost in Space.  I recreated this compilation on Spotify.

Too bad this 4-LP compilation never was released on CD so far.  It's not that I like this kind of "Mickey Mousing" background music... because in SciFi TV, in the 60's... that's really what it is. But, I would buy the Complete JW set for sure, just to satisfy my need to "POSSESS"!

image.png

Source : http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/disco/albums.htm

58 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

As far as I understand, the 40th edition release contains all of JW's music that had decent sounding sources.

The 50th anniversary box feature music wrote by The Others (woooo)... and it's 12-CD... instead of 4...

The 2005 40th anniversary 2-CD Edition is... outdated. I don't think it have the same amount of bonuses than the 50th anniversary release, I never compared.

Anyway, that's the sound of the 50th anniversary edition that we want... but on 4 CD only. :pfft:

32 minutes ago, Bespin said:

The 2005 40th anniversary 2-CD Edition is... outdated. I don't think it have the same amount of bonuses than the 50th anniversary release, I never compared.

Anyway, that's the sound of the 50th anniversary edition that we want... but on 4 CD only. :pfft:

So the sound of the 50th edition is better than on the 40th edition?

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

So the sound of the 50th edition is better than on the 40th edition?

I assume it, but I don't know. 10 years in music, it's now an eternity, especially when we talk about old music restoration and remastering.

I planned on buying it when LLL had a sale, then all of a sudden it just went OOP and I completely missed it.  Huge regret.

I couldn't tell you what happened in other countries, I signed up in 2012 I think here.  I don't remember if there was a free option at the time or not, but I know for sure I've never heard a spotify commercial once in my entire life

He didn't

On 3/15/2015 at 12:06 AM, King Mark said:

I'm not interested

On 4/30/2015 at 2:15 AM, King Mark said:

Well, I'm probably the biggest LIS fan on this board (both of the music and TV series ), and I'm not really interested

On 9/1/2015 at 2:20 PM, King Mark said:

Does anyone here plan to buy this?

On 9/1/2015 at 6:59 PM, King Mark said:

I'm not getting this

I don't think I've seen a single post from any JWFanner who bought it, tbh.

I hugely regret missing out on it.

I would have bought it if it had the Williams only program of the Vinyl set  and not all those other c.d.'s by other composers

Still hope it can happen one day.

For now I have the relevant tracks my alternate means

9 minutes ago, King Mark said:

I would have bought it if it had the Williams only program of the Vinyl set  and not all those other c.d.'s by other composers

Still hope it can happen one day.

For now I have the relevant tracks my alternate means

10191864.gif