Lost in Space COMPLETE Box set coming (La-laland)

filmmusic

Interesting post from MV about this

So, any chance this will ever be back in print?

If I remember correctly, MV said that actually they lost money on this box.

We dumped them at under cost to our distributor. Honestly it was a mistake. We should have waited for the popularity of the Netflix show to hit its peak, but alas...we did not

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=111810&forumID=1&archive=0

I think I would happily shell out for a box set of just the complete John Williams music from Lost In Space, The Time Tunnel and Land of the Giants.  While I have enjoyed watching repeats of all three shows on TV over the years, they were all before my time and I passed on the various more recent expansions / box sets issued by La-La Land, all of which contained much music by other composers which I would not have listened to often enough to justify the expenditure.

I know I asked the question earlier in the thread and the suggestion was politely poo-pooed at the time, but is there any possibility that the label might consider amalgamating the Williams selections into one release?  Or would that be throwing good money after bad?

That would be neat, but I'm personally all set with the old Irwin Allen box from the 90s. However, a set containing any and all other unreleased TV work would be an instant purchase for me (start with ALCOA PREMIERE THEATRE, please!).

I’d definitely buy this as well!  I passed on the sets due to lack of interest in the other composers on them.  I’d also buy an Intrada reissue of JW-only Amazing Stories.  

I have recently purchased the Time Tunnel vol. 1 which I find has a great presentation of the different score with some very nice stuff but a boxset with only Williams music from Land of the Giants, Time Tunnel and Lost in Space would be extraordinary, I would buy it immediatly.

On 28/12/2021 at 2:48 PM, Jay said:

Anything is possible

But they've made no public posts about such an idea anywhere that I've seen

I think I did ask MV about that possibility at FSM, and his response was that it might be something they'd consider in the future.  Can't find the post right now.

Edit:  Found it.  February 22, 2021 in the ask MV Thread:

MV, please forgive me if this has been asked already.

Is there any chance of individual John Williams focused releases from the sold out box sets of Lost in Space and Land of the Giants? I'm thinking something similar to the individual Superman movie releases.

Hopefully

MV