Thomas Newman - Bridge of Spies (2015)

crocodile

Just got official confirmation from someone "in the know" that

the rumors of a JW/SS feud are true. The minor health issue was an injury from a fistfight that broke out in Williams' studio. They're delaying the announcement that

The BFG will be done by Desplat and Giacchino in collaboration to avoid any suspicion.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, guys. :(:(:(:(:crymore::crymore::crymore::crymore:

This bodes very bad for Tintin 2...

TINTIN 2? Isn't that Peter Jackson's baby? Howard Shore is more probable, I'd say.

[Edit: Lewya beat me to it]

JOHN BURLINGAME chimes in on Facebook:

The film will score before Newman is needed in London for Bond.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JBMAS/permalink/954259637947129/?comment_id=954264401279986&offset=0&total_comments=6

So there you go. The recording sessions for Bridge of Spies are probably scheduled for April or May.

So does this mean Newman did a quick "replacement" score or was this in the works earlier already?

Howard Shore will score that one. Remember my words.

Alexandre Desplat.

Ramin Djawadi will collaborate with JNH.

Howard Shore will score that one. Remember my words.

Alexandre Desplat.

I doubt it, Desplat has stated that he is fully booked until 2017 and just doesn't take any more calls and the film is supposed to be out late 2016. I guess it could already be settled and not just announced, but I think it is unlikely. James Newton Howard is more likely to score it seeing as he did King Kong. So 1. Shore 2. Newton Howard i'd say.

It's not even a guarantee that Tintin 2 will ever get made

Shame if PJ doesn't do the sequel as I really enjoyed the first one although I had no previous love for the characters or comics. I would have loved to see more of Tintin's adventures on the big screen.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JBMAS/permalink/954259637947129/?comment_id=954264401279986&offset=0&total_comments=6

So there you go. The recording sessions for Bridge of Spies are probably scheduled for April or May.

I still believe JW had to reshuffle his schedule because of his temporary illness and that caused delays that brought him to back off from Bridge of Spies, otherwise it would have meant overlapping with Ep7. Williams surely had busy years in the past, but he never worked on two scores simultaneously.

Williams' health certainly comes first. If he had to dump a project, I'm glad it was Bridge of Spies and not TFA. I will look forward to Newman's efforts.

As far as know, are Williams' concerts still on the go?

I still believe JW had to reshuffle his schedule because of his temporary illness and that caused delays that brought him to back off from Bridge of Spies, otherwise it would have meant overlapping with Ep7. Williams surely had busy years in the past, but he never worked on two scores simultaneously.

Yup. And I am sure if Spielberg was fine with the Bridge of Spies score not being recorded until this summer, that Williams could have done both it and SW 7 with zero problems.

And I was reeeaally looking forward to this score. Even more than Star Wars. Oh, well, I hope he'll stay healthy for years and years to come.

2015 will be the year John Williams scored J.J. Abrams' movie instead of Spielberg's. Ha!

And I was reeeaally looking forward to this score. Even more than Star Wars. Oh, well, I hope he'll stay healthy for years and years to come.

2015 will be the year John Williams scored J.J. Abrams' movie instead of Spielberg's. Ha!

Spielberg is getting too old for Williams. Always on the lookout for 'fresh meat', he will now abandon Steven altogether and start afresh with young megastar director J.J. Abrams. John Williams can do that because he is immortal.

It Can't Be

Maybe Williams saw Spielberg's rough cut, thought it was a turd, and didn't want to be associated with it :P

Enh... he still scored War Horse.

And I was reeeaally looking forward to this score. Even more than Star Wars. Oh, well, I hope he'll stay healthy for years and years to come.

Spielberg is getting too old for Williams. Always on the lookout for 'fresh meat', he will now abandon Steven altogether and start afresh with young megastar director J.J. Abrams. John Williams can do that because he is immortal.

"Spielberg was a necessary loss.  Soon I will have a new apprentice, one far younger and more powerful."

Another possible consideration is that of Williams's concert works. We know he intends to write a concert piece for some Tanglewood event for the late summer. Perhaps he wants to compose a larger piece than just a 4 minute fanfare and wants a couple months to pour into it.

I was actually really looking forward to a "Cold War" Williams score. It's one of those movie subjects along with science fiction that brings out the best in great composers.

Same. I wasn't one of those quick to deem this coaster worthy because of this, the setting.

Another possible consideration is that of Williams's concert works. We know he intends to write a concert piece for some Tanglewood event for the late summer. Perhaps he wants to compose a larger piece than just a 4 minute fanfare and wants a couple months to pour into it.

That's a possibility. Although, I would think Spielberg would get priority over a concert piece, but maybe not.

I wonder if Williams will ever answer any interviewers question about this decision

Or Spielberg for that matter. Surely it will be talked about in a featurette.

This has not been a good couple of weeks for people whose work I enjoy.

First Clarkson gets suspended/most likely sacked, now Williams is not doing a Spielberg movie. :(

Yeah, it appeared a while after. Which is what made it look dodgy in the first place.

Karol

Makes you wonder how the other websites that reported got the press release early and why JWFan wasn't on that list.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

ROTFLMAO