Thomas Newman - Bridge of Spies (2015)

crocodile

Maybe somebody can tweet JAC Redford and ask him if he could share when it was written and recorded

If I go to the theater to see this I'll probably feel dirty and ashamed to have betrayed JW by listening to Coolman in a Spielberg film.

Anyone else is more excited about this than Star Wars VII?

No. I was relatively apathetic to this even when Williams was attached. With him gone, I now have zero interest in the movie.

• 3 months later...

My understanding is the Newman only wrote music to be played in-scene, source music coming from the radio. There will only be a digital download of period music.

Obviously out of respect for John Williams who couldn't score the film. No Johnny, no score.

I heard a rumour the entire was scored with spoons.

It's an eclectic ensemble of spoons, kazoo and theremin.

And virtuoso achingly beautiful triangle solos. ;)

Karol

So, it's better than Zimmer?

Hey it's new. It is bound to better than all the same old everybody else is doing.

• 4 weeks later...

Unusual for Newman in that lacks his round up of 50 short titles. So it seems that either Spielberg cattle-prodded him into writing longer pieces or the album runs 15:49.

Track Listings
1. Hall of Trade Unions, Moscow 2. Sunlit Silence 3. Ejection Protocol 4. Standing Man 5. Rain 6. Lt. Francis Gary Powers 7. The Article 8. The Wall 9. Private Citizen 10. The Impatient Plan 11. West Berlin 12. FriedrichstraBe Station 13. Glienicke Bridge 14. Homecoming 15. Bridge of Spies (End Title)

Unusual for Newman in that lacks his round up of 50 short titles. So it seems that either Spielberg cattle-prodded him into writing longer pieces or the album runs 15:49.

Track Listings
1. Hall of Trade Unions, Moscow 2. Sunlit Silence 3. Ejection Protocol 4. Standing Man 5. Rain 6. Lt. Francis Gary Powers 7. The Article 8. The Wall 9. Private Citizen 10. The Impatient Plan 11. West Berlin 12. FriedrichstraBe Station 13. Glienicke Bridge 14. Homecoming 15. Bridge of Spies (End Title)

Yes looks like Tommy had to write longer cues (or combined several) for this one. No 30-50 tracks, which is a nice change.

Not sure why pub pasted in the track list in such a weird way, here's a normal list

1. Hall of Trade Unions, Moscow
2. Sunlit Silence
3. Ejection Protocol
4. Standing Man
5. Rain
6. Lt. Francis Gary Powers
7. The Article
8. The Wall
9. Private Citizen
10. The Impatient Plan
11. West Berlin
12. FriedrichstraBe Station
13. Glienicke Bridge
14. Homecoming
15. Bridge of Spies (End Title)
OST probably won't have any concert arrangements, right? I don't own any Thomas Newman OSTs yet.