Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

• 2 weeks later...

A trailer description (it'll screen in front of Interstellar) posted on JurassicWorld.org was reportedly taken down at the request of NBC Universal. Luckily someone had the sense of copy it and posted it on another site.

OPEN: UNIVERSAL and LEGENDARY logo- cut to ferryboat, filled with tourists. The camera pans around to show Isla Nublar. A few scenes pass by, showcasing the arrival to the island. The next scene shows a vehicle passing through large gates, much like the Jurassic Park gates, that read JURASSIC WORLD. Queue small montage of scenes showcasing the park, filled with tourists. (Note: at some point during these scenes title cards that read “THE PARK” “IS OPEN” appear)

One scene that is described specifically is of a vehicle casually driving through a field, surrounded by bipedal dinosaurs, likely Gallimimus. The next described scene specifically is of two passengers (likely Nick Robinson and Ty Simpkins) inside of a ‘clear bubble-shaped vehicle” (the Gyrosphere), next to large Sauropods, which are likely Apatosaurs.

A few more scenes go by, which lead into a Great White Shark, hung upside-down over water, with visitors onlooking. Suddenly the water explodes, and the huge head of Mosasaur leaps upward, encompassing the shark, and pulling it under, thus soaking the guests watching in awe.
We then see a closeup of a mosquito inside of amber, and cut to Bryce Dallas Howard saying a line along the lines of “We have learned more about genetics in the past decade than the past century” and “We are now able to create our own dinosaurs from scratch”.

We now see Chris Pratt for the first time, walking into a room questioning an apparent situation. We cut to see a huge wall of a paddocks interior, covered in deep scratches. It is then mentioned that the ‘creature’ is loose, and a line similar to “She is deadly, and she will find us” is said. Cut to a person being dragged through a dark jungle, from a first-person perspective, only showcasing his feet. Next we see someone fall into water, followed by a woman screaming in terror.

Cut to title “JURASSIC WORLD”, followed by Chris Pratt saying “If we’re gonna do this, we do this my way” pans to a muzzled Velociraptor that he gently pats on the head. It is then followed by a scene of a pack of raptors charging through the jungle. The trailer finishes with a title card that reads “JUNE 12th, 2015”.

Seems legit.

I wish someone had enough sense to take more time and write a better made-up teaser description. Otherwise, if that turns out to be real.....let's hope that it looks better than it sounds.

Isn't it better to have few and good than a lot and bad? Look what happened to the Star Wars fanbase. They wished for more and they got the wish. But now most wish they could go back to when they only had three films.

Still, we shall see. Trailers can be misleading.

Not for me. I want to spend as much time as humanly possible in this universe and it's excruciatingly painful that it's been so many years since the last film. I don't care if the film turns out bad. But personally, I'm quite optimistic. I like the premise, I like what I've heard of the production and it seems to be in generally safe hands. 2015 can't come fast enough!

Not for me. I want to spend as much time as humanly possible in this universe and it's excruciatingly painful that it's been so many years since the last film. I don't care if the film turns out bad. But personally, I'm quite optimistic. I like the premise, I like what I've heard of the production and it seems to be in generally safe hands. 2015 can't come fast enough!

That's a good way of looking at this.

I'm hoping they take the opportunity to introduce more Crichton-like elements that were overlooked in the first three flicks.

I'm also not going to take some kid's interpretation of the trailer seriously. I'll wait until I see it myself.

I think it's cool that they've kept the design. There is a double layer of trademarking going on here -- the logo is a trademark for the film franchise, but also for the actual dinosaur park in the movies. This industrial "meta" perspective has been with the films since the first one.

It's been 16 years since the last one when this film is released. The film can go several ways. The biggest fear is it could go KOTCS or maybe it will be a pleasant surprise like the recent Apes films.

It's been 16 years since the last one when this film is released. The film can go several ways. The biggest fear is it could go KOTCS or maybe it will be a pleasant surprise like the recent Apes films.

The last film was JP III. It can't really go much further down hill.

16 years since JP III? Holy cow.

[...]maybe it will be a pleasant surprise like the recent Apes films.

Oddly enough, the previous draft of the script for this film was done by the same screenwriters of the recent Planet of the Apes films. It was apparently their script that came up with the "new park" idea, and possibly the genetically mutated dinosaur as well (which I know some people don't like, but I honestly think the genesis of the idea is very Crichton). While the director of this film and his fellow screenwriter from his previous film (Safety Not Guaranteed) did do a rewrite after it, it seems very clear that a lot that draft's sequences remained intact, while somehow also making the scope of the film bigger. Most likely characters were changed as well.

This thing could still suck, but honestly, from everything I know and have seen, I have high hopes now when I originally did not. I think what they decided to do, storywise, is the perfect way to reboot the franchise will still having it be a sequel tied into the other films (or at least the first one).

And hey, at the very least, we are getting what could be an awesome Giacchino score out of it. I seriously love that they got him, since he had done those Lost World game scores early in his career. Totally full-circle now. I hope he makes some references to them, as well as the Williams themes of course.

It hasn't been 16 years, it's been 13 years. Next year will be 14.

Dunno how Joey came up with 16....

because I was thinking 1999. You point out I'm mistaken but can't figure out how I counted wrong?

My thoughts are still the same. I fear like most filmmakers today they will go overboard. Spectacle over substance. Still not sold on Chris Pratt. His big summer hit was better because of the two Cgi characters.

It hasn't been 16 years, it's been 13 years. Next year will be 14.

Dunno how Joey came up with 16....

because I was thinking 1999. You point out I'm mistaken but can't figure out how I counted wrong?

It's that extra finger on your left hand!

I'm not from South America where that happens more and more. Course a 12 base system would be superior to the 10.

16 years since JP III? Holy cow.

It's been 13 years not 16. Jurassic Park III came out in 2001.

Does anyone know if John Williams was offered the chance to score "Jurassic World?" He still has "first dibs" on the franchise, in my opinion, even though "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" was released 17 years ago. I am confident, however, that Michael Giacchino will deliver a decent score. I see it as his paying dues for the privilege of eventually taking over the music of the Star Wars franchise, to which he is clearly the musical heir apparent. Giacchino's consistent remarks about being so happy with J.J. Abrams' decision to go with Williams on the new Star Wars films sounded like something a young Padawan learner would say when waiting for his turn to shine, so to speak. Considering Disney's extensive plans for "Star Wars" I have no doubt that he will get his chance. Giacchino will never be as good as John Williams but he is still an extremely gifted composer.

While the rumors of the first trailer being attached to Interstellar were pretty much guaranteed, it appears this is no longer the case due to Universal deciding at the last minute to instead attach a trailer of the upcoming Fast and Furious movie to it instead, according to a source. Not for any reason to do with Jurassic World itself, just Universal playing with marketing tactics, apparently. Instead, it is now believed to be attached to the final Hobbit film in December, but possibly online before then.

http://www.jurassicworld.org/?id=198

I forget if this was mentioned in this thread, but LEGO did acquire a license for Jurassic World. So we will be seeing Lego sets and possibly a game next year to coincide.

• 4 weeks later...

But what is that last dinosaur supposed to be, I wonder?

Look at your signature...

it has only one peg, so it's a small dino.

Very nice photos. It seems the mutated dino is not that awful in the end, thank god. Maybe he starts ablino and end up with chamaleonic features.

From my understanding, yes, the D-Rex (or I-Rex or whatever they want haha) will have camo features (thanks to their insertion of cuttlefish DNA).

Actually that other dino may actually be a Coelophysis, is what most people are now thinking. Also because it appears to be a variation of a Lego Coelophysis that already exists. Despite that, my sources say these are definitely all legit.

coelophysis-bauri-a-prehistoric-era-serg

i thought coleophysis too, but compsognathus was more feasible with the prior 'canon'. But if it's a reworked old figure it probably be that.

After all i expect new dinos in the film! :)

i saw the old legos. the coleophysis is a repaint. As is the Rex and Raptors!

only the white dino makes this look legit.

BIG NEWS.

Jurassic World official site opens... along with a countdown to the trailer's release.

http://jurassicworld.com

But not only that... there is also a viral site it links to... with a TON of information.

ENJOY.

http://www.masraniglobal.com/

Not only does it say a lot about the backstory of the film and the fictional company behind it, but you can even apply to work for them like I did. Got my badge!

post-327-0-23762200-1416298998.png