Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

Another (low quality) clip. The poor park worker's screams as he's ripped apart, yikes! Bring on the HQ!

Treverrow seems to have a pretty good grasp on the action scenes, especially considering it's his first big movie.

Hard to tell but the music sounds fairly Lost-esque?

Is there Giacchino music in the clip?

Hard to tell. Sounds a bit like Lost but a HQ upload will make it easier to work out. Lots of loud, screaming brass that syncs well with the vision but could just as easily be the temp.

Might be my ears deceiving me but as the Rex breaks through the gate there seems to be a twisted variation on the first four notes of the Journey to the Island theme.

You might show a little more respect, the man saved our lives by giving his.

Then his problems are over. My point is predators don't hunt when they're not hungry.

There's really isn't anything thrilling about this scene. Compare it to the T-Rex's escape in the original film.

Actually, this clip plays more like something from a comedy. They should replace Giacchino's inaudible music with the Benny Hill theme.

Actually, this clip plays more like something from a comedy. They should replace Giacchino's inaudible music with the Benny Hill theme.

To be fair, the Giacchino music in the scene is already pretty comedic.

But was it intentional?

To be fair, the Giacchino music in the scene is already pretty comedic.

Yeah, that may have had a lot to do with it. Add that to the people in the control room acting like it's a video game rather than a serious problem.

I think I would have rather seen a director like Neil Blomkamp or Brad Bird behind this film, rather than Treverrow. I was excited for it at one point, but now it's beginning to look like a turd.

How Brad Bird Almost Helming ‘Star Wars’ Resulted in Colin Trevorrow Directing ‘Jurassic World’

An interesting article. Basically, Brad Bird considered having Trevorrow do pre-production on Star Wars so that he could finish Tomorrowland and then move in to do Episode VII. The plan wouldn't work, but Kathy Kennedy mentioned the plan to her husband, Frank Marshall, who then brought Trevorrow on to do Jurassic World.

Bird mentioned that Trevorrow reminds him of himself. I wonder if that had anything to do with Giacchino working with Trevorrow, too.

Seems like JURASSIC WORLD will completely ignore JP2 and JP3. Damn this thing! This is just one another step down the expectation ladder for me, and I'm getting increasingly annoyed by the whole thing:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=109600&forumID=7&archive=0

I responded in that thread more fully, but I don't really know how TLW or JP3 could impact JW in any meaningful way.

I'll copy/paste my response here, but let's not do it at two platforms at once. I'll continue over at FSM:

If JW takes place right after JP, it means it takes place somewhere around the time of the two sequels. I can't see how the films can exist in the same universe at the same time, since a thriving park at Isla Nublar would be referenced in either JP2 or 3 at some point.

If JW had taken place many years after JP -- and even after JP2 and JP3 (although Trevvorow's statements seem to suggest otherwise) -- it would be much better. Although still somewhat unbelievable, knowing what everyone went through in the previous movies.

Ignoring is not the same as contradicting, Thor!

Just because the film doesn't HAPPEN to mention anything that happened in TLW or JP3 doesn't mean those films aren't a strict part of the 4 film continuity!

Stop looking for badness everywhere!

It just reeks too much of the Blomkamp/ALIEN ordeal, which was a MASSIVE blow to me (I'm an even bigger fan of that franchise than the JP franchise!).

It doesn't really say a lot. Two other films take place elsewhere anyway and I doubt Jurassic World can even start straight away after the first film. It would be difficult to build a brand new part right away.

Karol

The new film obviously takes place in modern day, I don't understand why Thor thought it was possible to take place in the 90s

Makes no sense to me either, but he said it!

If JW takes place right after JP, it means it takes place somewhere around the time of the two sequels. I can't see how the films can exist in the same universe at the same time, since a thriving park at Isla Nublar would be referenced in either JP2 or 3 at some point.