Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

Jurassic Nark.

A gritty undercover cop thriller set on a remote exotic island starring Clint Eastwood as the hard-nosed retired informant who uncovers more than he was bargaining on: a secret so unimaginable it'll shake everything he thought he knew to it's very core.

And it's got absolutely nothing to do with Paganism.

In response to the comment about the film series using the name "Jurassic Park" when movies 2 and 3 take place on a different island, Crichton's novel "The Lost World" didn't mention "JP" in it to automatically attach itself as a sequel:

This is from Wikipedia, and I'm pretty sure it's the same cover as my hardback book I haven't touched in a decade:

Big-lostworld.jpg

Hollywood had to "dumb it down" for the masses, hence The Lost World: Jurassic Park. It's Jurassic Park 2 on my iPod to maintain succession in album view.

And as for including non-Jurassic period dinosaurs in the park...

Welcome to Mesozoic Park...Where would you like to visit first, Jurassic Land or Cretaceous World? The section that will be known as Triassic Trails is still under construction, since we've had to dig much deeper to find those mosquitoes because they are so much older.

On a somber note, we don't believe Permian Paradise will ever open, making the idea of camping with the dimetrodons downright impossible.

But if you happen through Siberia, please pay a visit to our sister startup, Mammoth Preserve, which will feature spectacular mastodon and smilodon hunting safaris. We spared no expense.

I would be more interested if it wasn't another sequel to Jurassic Park.

Well said.

Seriously, anyone have a good idea for a sequel to Jurassic Park that would make you want to plop down $8 - $12 to watch?

I would be more interested if it wasn't another sequel to Jurassic Park.

Well said.

Seriously, anyone have a good idea for a sequel that would make you want to plop down $8 - $12 to watch?

If Brad Bird did Incredibles 2

In response to the comment about the film series using the name "Jurassic Park" when movies 2 and 3 take place on a different island, Crichton's novel "The Lost World" didn't mention "JP" in it to automatically attach itself as a sequel:

This is from Wikipedia, and I'm pretty sure it's the same cover as my hardback book I haven't touched in a decade:

Big-lostworld.jpg

Hollywood had to "dumb it down" for the masses, hence The Lost World: Jurassic Park. It's Jurassic Park 2 on my iPod to maintain succession in album view.

And as for including non-Jurassic period dinosaurs in the park...

Welcome to Mesozoic Park...Where would you like to visit first, Jurassic Land or Cretaceous World? The section that will be known as Triassic Trails is still under construction, since we've had to dig much deeper to find those mosquitoes because they are so much older.

On a somber note, we don't believe Permian Paradise will ever open, making the idea of camping with the dimetrodons downright impossible.

But if you happen through Siberia, please pay a visit to our sister startup, Mammoth Preserve, which will feature spectacular mastodon and smilodon hunting safaris. We spared no expense.

In spain they added: (Jurassic Park II) in spanish below the title and with a much smaller font.

Whats wrong with calling it.....Jurassic Park: The Lost World? =P

Yeah but that means Michael Bay makes another Transformers film.

well, Megatron was a T-Rex in Beast Wars

I just heard the Spielberg/Comic Con news, and am very excited. I've been waiting more than 10 years for a return to one of my favourite franchises. I don't really care who does it, as long as it's no less in quality than the previous three. That being said, I'll reserve some of my celebrations untill they've actually started shooting. I've been disappointed in cancelled Spielberg projects too many times in my life NOT to.

Thor, what is it you like so much about the franchise? I ask out of genuine interest. I love the first and even enjoy the second for what it is, but the third one did nothing for me at all, I think it's rubbish.

You really love all three, which I find baffling!

I can't remember if there's enough stuff left in both books to write another movie. I mean JPIII already took out the raft/aviary scenes. There's the Nedry shaving cream thingy in the first movie you could build something out of I guess ?

I can't remember if there's enough stuff left in both books to write another movie. I mean JPIII already took out the raft/aviary scenes. There's the Nedry shaving cream thingy in the first movie you could build something out of I guess ?

not really since it had a 24 or 48 hour life, and it's been almost two decades now.

There's plenty of material to take from the books considering the movies practically ignore them altoghether...

You know what ? There is a character that was important in the book and almost had zero minutes of screen time. What was his name ? Oh, yeah !

Jurassic Park IV: Dodgson Is Here

See nobody cares...

Sorry, couldn't resist. You left yourself open for that Bloodboal ;)

You know what ? There is a character that was important in the book and almost had zero minutes of screen time. What was his name ? Oh, yeah !

Jurassic Park IV: Dodgson Is Here

Definately his plot from TLW novel could be used.

It would be nice to have alan grant and sarah harding joining efforts to study some new theory on the dinosaurs, while dogson tries to steal them or something.

I would like them to return to Nublar..to see the familiar sets destroyed by nature, but Sorna has more potential for new dinosaurs and ammounts of them

I haven't read any of the linked articles; So Spielberg or anyone at the comic con panel did not mention ANYTHING about the plot or characters or even the islands used at all? It was just a "we have a script, but I'm not telling you what its about" kind of announcement?

Thor, what is it you like so much about the franchise? I ask out of genuine interest. I love the first and even enjoy the second for what it is, but the third one did nothing for me at all, I think it's rubbish.

It's a combination of factors. 2 and 3 don't match the brilliance of the first, but they all tap into something I truly love - exotic locales, "monsters" on the loose, a series of wonderfully choreographed action setpieces and inbetween those: a heavy reliance on MOOD. And always with top class production values. Hollywood at its best, IMO.

I haven't read any of the linked articles; So Spielberg or anyone at the comic con panel did not mention ANYTHING about the plot or characters or even the islands used at all? It was just a "we have a script, but I'm not telling you what its about" kind of announcement?

Annoyed?

*Ahem* it does ring a bell :lol::P

Maybe have the dinosaurs get sick and are dying from a disease. The disease spreads beyond the island and the only way to find a cure is go back to the island to sample some dino DNA. John Hammond dies and on his death bed he tells Tim to help save them. But some of the infected Dinosaurs are becoming unstable so a brachiosaurus tries to eat him. Maybe one can sneeze on his colleague and he can infected. Tim struggles to remind himself that he's trying to save humans, not the dinosaurs. Some girl tries to remind him of this as they're being chased by a stegosaurus. The government wants to nuke the islands to prevent the spreading of the virus. In the end Dr Ian Malcolm makes a speech about life selecting the dinosaurs for extinction.

Maybe the dinosaurs go to Hollywood and pitch a disaster movie with stop-motion effects and a pop-songs-only soundtrack.

It's a combination of factors. 2 and 3 don't match the brilliance of the first, but they all tap into something I truly love - exotic locales, "monsters" on the loose, a series of wonderfully choreographed action setpieces and inbetween those: a heavy reliance on MOOD. And always with top class production values. Hollywood at its best, IMO.

I don't think much of the third film either. The first two I loved. I never really understood why the second came in for so much flac from audiences and critics. It was considerably better than the second Crichton book IMO. Thor, I respect the elements of the third you enjoy, I just found the whole thing to be so lightweight in feel compared to the first two. The characters were much more shallow (which is saying something when you consider the characters in the first two were pretty shallow to begin with!), and worst of all the movie ended far too quickly. Sometimes that can be a good thing, especially if a film leaves you wanting more. However in the case of JP3 it just felt very short. Like they didn't quite have enough story to fill an entire movie. It may have been expensive, but it felt like a straight-to-video or made-for-TV entry in the series.

Having said all that I really liked the creepy aviary scene. Easily the best sequence in the movie.

My main beef with the third was that it was too damn short. I know it was supposed to harken back to the ol' B films and stuff (which didn't last much over 1 hour), but I didn't really get the time to care for the new characters (as you say), and I felt it ended before a proper climax. I wouldn't say it felt like a TV movie (the production values were too high class for that), but wish it could have been another half hour. Especially since they had so much good material already that they could have built upon.

The best thing about the third film was getting to see Sam Neill and Laura Dern return to the series. I didn't find it to be a bad film, but it really didn't bring anything new to the table and felt a bit like they were going through the motions. I also think it would have helped if they hadn't used indoor jungle sets for so many of the outdoor scenes (IIRC)...I mean, it's pretty well done, but something still feels off. Overall, it doesn't give off that Spielberg vibe like the first two films do, which sets it apart stylistically, and although many of the visual effects shots are quite good, there are some stinkers in there, too (e.g., the briefly shown ceratosaurus).

I'd like to see the InGen dinosaurs evolve into the Sinclairs.

:lol:

Is it just me, or did the CGI get worse with each film, or is that just their application? Case in point, in JP3, the dinos tend to look over-animated. Much like a lot of the stuff in the LOTR films; they move too damn fast, with too much fluidity.

It was just the third that had poor CGI. Lost World was still remarkable. In fact, it was Stan Winston's animatronics in that one which looked fake-ish a lot of the time. I blame it partly on Kaminski's photography.

It was just the third that had poor CGI. Lost World was still remarkable. In fact, it was Stan Winston's animatronics in that one which looked fake-ish a lot of the time. I blame it partly on Kaminski's photography.

:blink:

The thing you're all forgetting is relevance: How do you keep it relevant?

Whats the one thing that Jurassic Park is all about? Mans arrogance and belief he can control genetics.

But whats the thing we haven't really seen in Jurassic Park? Because the films are attempting to NOT be monster movies, the animals are, for the most part, accurate. But at the same time, any genetic venture would have thousands upon thousands of duds and inbreeds and so on (Chaos Effect anyone?). JP3 hinted at this by the fact that Spino wasn't on the species list. It wasn't because they were 'hiding something' as Grant kinda alludes to, it's beacuse no one would have known what it was in the 80's when the dinosaurs were first bred! They would have assumed it was some mutant Baryonyx.

Spinosaurus was discovered before WWII but all its remains were destroyed in the German Bombings. Even before this, the skull was extremely fragmentary and one need but look at the toy line to The Lost World to see that even up until then, we thought that the Spino had a Rex like skull. Not until just as JP3 was being produced was a nearly complete skeleton discovered and the true family of the species was ascertained.

Also, the Pterosaurs are inbreeds. Pterosaur means winged and toothless. The Pterosaurs in JP3 have wings but have TEETH which no large flying reptile (excepting a rare one here and there) had. Pteronodon Longiceps (upon which it was based) certainly didn't have teeth.

So the big thing that hasn't been shown are the rejects...those that couldn't make it in the park. There's even a line in the scripts about how only certain species that were recovered were even able to adapt to this world.

So we have this whole mythos of animals created...monsters...that never really are talked about. On top of that, what makes a monster? The DNA being used is from Mosquitoes...how the hell would you know what you're bringing back? And fossilization is a RARE occurance. For all you know this "monster" that LOOKS like a smaller rex is a species undiscovered.

Now to make it relevent...genetic ventures are some of the most lucrative businesses around. Everything from food to clothes has some benefit from this. So how do we make it relevant?

Let's make a parallel between...lets say...engineering Dinosaurs...and oh I dunno...Engineering children perhaps? Or food...etc...

Make a parallel. The technology used on the island was decades ahead of its time (we still haven't 'caught up'). The dinosaurs are protected. The island is isolated... but why would anyone go back? Not for the dinosaurs... not for the thrill... for the technology. To find that which was left to rot away in the Jungle.

To Reverse engineer what Dr. Henry Wu did to create the dinosaurs...so that technology could then be used to make someone rich today in new genetic ventures.

sorry... just had to say...there is a LOT to write about

As for characters? Who were those most effected?

Dr Wu: Single handedly bred over 30 species of dinosaurs, undoing extinction. Takes a boat off of Isla Nublar never to go to work again. A lifes work...gone

Tim/Lex: Brother and sister, saw the islands first hand through different eyes... how might that effect their views?

Eric Kirby: Having SURVIVED the island, what mysteries might he have seen? What secrets might he hold?

Dodgeson: Need I say more?

Hammond: What else can he divulge from the dark history of InGen?

That's only returning characters too..

Yes. I prefer to let the screenwriters write the actual story without speculating too much about could-be's. Then I'll evaluate it after the fact.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Mister O asks what would justify spending $8 to $12 on a ticket to see another JP film, I suggest that a live-action remake of an obscure (or classic, if you remember it) 90s sitcom would be cool, but GM goes out of his way to fully elaborate a pretty decent plot, and we tease him.

Just another day at JWFan. No wonder GM so rarely posts.

I think it sounds like a good idea. It was certainly the reason that the heir of InGen, Hammond's "evil" nephew Ludlow, decided to make Jurassic Park: San Diego with dinosaurs extracted from Site B: to recoup InGen's massive investment in the project, and restore any clout lost by the "radical" accounts of Nublar's survivors. Similar to Dodgson's motivations in the sequel novel, yet substantially different.

BTW, I still have the Definitely Dinosaurs Spinosaurus from the late 80s/early 90s, and as you can see, it looks nothing like how the JP3 filmmakers imagined it. Probably the result of the lost records and putting a sail onto a standard carnosaur body, instead of making it more crocodilian.

!Bn1BRvwB2k~$%28KGrHqEOKj8EtqW9lr%281BLlDhKU7Tw~~_35.JPG

vs

Spinosaurus_kabaya1.jpg