Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

Silvestri wouldn't use Williams' themes, but he could write interesting stuff.

Why wouldn't he? He used the A-Team theme in that movie, didn't he?

Some David Arnold wouldn't be amiss either.

Silvestri wouldn't use Williams' themes, but he could write interesting stuff.

Why wouldn't he? He used the A-Team theme in that movie, didn't he?

Some David Arnold wouldn't be amiss either.

Yes, he used the theme a few times, but not in the same way that Don Davis did it in the third JP film.

David Arnold is not a bad choice at all actually.

He handled the third Narnia film with a fair amount of respect for the original themes and didn't do a bad score for that one either.

I'm sure he could do a good job if he'd set his mind to it. Here's to hoping someone high up has the same idea...

Well, you made two replies in the thread for Narnia 3

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16516&p=660467

And two replies in the poll thread comparing it to Harry Potter 7

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19598&p=683896

And one reply in the thread for Narnia 4

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19878&p=703109

So yea, I'd say you did

Hmmm.....sad news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2298668/Renowned-actor-director-Richard-Attenborough-moves-care-home-wife-health-concerns.html

I had hoped for a return of Hammond in the JP saga at some point, but now it's better to leave the poor old man alone to deal with his health issues. I had no idea he had a head injury in 2008.

I think they should get Joe Mazzello to come and be the new head of Ingen. Have him try to follow in his grandfather's footsteps and make up for the actions of his father.

I think they should get Joe Mazzello to come and be the new head of Ingen. Have him try to follow in his grandfather's footsteps and make up for the actions of his father.

his father was a lawyer from Ingen... though that with the divorce with hammonds daughter i suppose he left the company or was fired....

he was no peter ludlow...

I'm sad for Sir Richard :(

Learn something new everyday. I always assumed that was there father for whatever reason and guess I just blocked out any info to the contrary. Helps I haven't viewed any of them in their entirety since the 90s.

Production designer Ed Verreaux (Jurassic Park 3) has returned for Jurassic Park 4.

http://innovativeartists.com/upload/VERREAUX.ED.web.resume.pdf

I blame JP3's look on the color grading, production schedule, and cinematography more than the art direction. Verreaux's work is otherwise pretty good.

Hmmm.....sad news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2298668/Renowned-actor-director-Richard-Attenborough-moves-care-home-wife-health-concerns.html

I had hoped for a return of Hammond in the JP saga at some point, but now it's better to leave the poor old man alone to deal with his health issues. I had no idea he had a head injury in 2008.

Very sad, I hope he's okay! On a related note, is being a "lord" the same as being a "sir"?

Hammond was in charge of Ingen? I don't remember that from the books.

Yeah I have no problem with the art direction in JP3. For the most part, it's a reasonable echoing of Carter's work in the first two films.

All depends on what look they're going for this time. I doubt there'll be as much as jungle action this time as last.

i could swear ed verreaux worked in TLW too...

No, it was Rick Carter. Seems like Verreaux has a history of working on third films... Jurassic Park 3, X-Men: The Last Stand and Rush Hour 3.

think they should get Joe Mazzello to come and be the new head of Ingen. Have him try to follow in his grandfather's footsteps and make up for the actions of his father.

Hammond was in charge of Ingen? I don't remember that from the books.

Of course he was in charge of Ingen. It was kind of key to his character.

In both book and film, John Hammond is the founder and CEO of InGen. InGen is short for International Genetic Technologies, Inc, and is the company that figured out how to clone dinosaurs and own Isla Nublar (and Isla Sorna)

In the first book, Hammond dies during the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar is destroyed, and InGen declares bankruptcy. In TLW book, InGen is not a factor, because its bankrupt and closed down, and the heroes are just trying to rescue Malcolm's friend Levine who had disappeared on Isla Sorna (an island invented for the second book). They encounter a second team on the Island from BioSyn, a rival genetics company.

In the first film, Hammond survives and the island is not destroyed, and InGen is not mentioned by name, however the InGen logo is on the helicopters. Then in the TLW film, InGen is still around but Hammond's nephew now runs it, and Ian Malcolm goes to Isla Sorna after his girlfriend Sarah Harding disappears. And the second team on the island are actually InGen people sent by Hammond's nephew, and BioSyn is not mentioned.

Well, Dodgson works for BioSyn, and in the first book and film hires Nedry to steal embryos so BioSyn can catch up to InGen's advancements. Though BioSyn is not mentioned by name in the film.

In the second book he leads the team on Isla Sorna, they are there to try to steal dinosaur eggs. He isn't mention in the second film, and neither is BioSyn, and a lot of his characterization and motivations are replaced by Hammond's nephew made up character.

Really both books were written to be fairly easy to transfer to the screen, I dunno why they changed so much, especially in the second one.

Because Malcolm died in the first book. There is a comment that the Costa Rican government wouldn't let them bury him. Between that and book 2, however, medical science brought him back from the brink.

It was backward from Muldoon, who lived in the book, while traits of the Ed Regis character in the book are given to movie Gennaro.

Malcolm dying in the first book is irrelevant to why the plot of movie 2 had to differ so much from book 2, since Malcolm is alive in book 2 anyway.

Man I love Michael Crichton books.

Apparently MC said in an interview that he told SS he could do whatever he wanted for the sequel movie, while he would do his own thing for the book. It's in a Yahoo question with no source given, so we need that interview.

The movie borrows items, then, from both books, and includes the dinosaur in San Diego as an homage to Conan Doyle's original. And it was meant to be darker. It's a shame that BioSyn disappeared but oh well. Postlewaite's great white hunter made up for it.

I actually like both movie and film, just in completely different ways.

An HBO miniseries made with a big budget that more directly adapts both books would be awesome!

Because Malcolm died in the first book. There is a comment that the Costa Rican government wouldn't let them bury him. Between that and book 2, however, medical science brought him back from the brink.

They should make a spin-off about malcolm. How they cloned him and brought him back to life.

Apparently the legendary John Sayles script he did for JP4 that was once reviewed here has finally leaked online. Yes, the Dino Riders-esque script that features a castle in the Alps. From looking at it, it looks legit, but you never know. Apparently the events do match what is described in the review. People's opinions have ranged from good yet not right for the series to bad, bad, bad. lol. Check out the IMDB forums and the Jurassic Park Legacy forums to see the discussion and etc about it. You won't find any download links, however. But you may get lucky with some PM's.

It's funny, I was re-watching the bonus features of the Jurassic Park Trilogy BluRay today, and Spielberg expressed that he did seem really keen on the idea of the whole Barbasol shaving cream can aspect of the first film and how he purposefully set that up as the sequel, until Crichton's second book changed the whole philosophy of how that would happen. But he ends his remarks on it saying that there is still a sequel just waiting to happen because of the can. Now, we know they did already use this thought to make the recent video game. And it was also part of the original JP4 script as mentioned above. I wonder if Spielberg is so keen on this idea still that it was perhaps a requirement per-say of JP4 this time around as well? I mean, he seemed really excited about having set it up and the fact that it's still waiting there for something to be done about it. Hmm...

I think Dodgson explains that the embryos had to be delivered within a day or so. Seeing as how the can ended up in the mud for an indefinite amount of time while Nedry was massacred by spitters, I don't know what Spielberg is talking about. I like that they didn't use that for the sequel. Site B is a completely better idea.

I agree. Although maybe even if the embryos "went bad" perhaps there would still be traces of them left, you know? Maybe they would just have to rebuild parts, hence... mutant dinosaurs! He even said "rear one of its 8 ugly heads" haha. Maybe it would be easier to obtain than the heavily guarded site b.

There are a handful of embryos in a shaving can, ok, but wouldn't there be scores and scores more in the laboratories themselves? Or are we meant to assume the labs were shut down and all assets destroyed?

It'd probably be easier to make dinosaurs from dead embryos in the first place than to use frozen DNA in mosquito blood, so set the sequel a few million years in the future.

I still think the biggest flaw in the entire JP universe is that the scientists were stupid enough to not wonder about the consequences of using frog DNA from which said species has the ability to change gender when trying to recreate dinosaurs.

If anybody read the books, the first one ends with the military bombing the island and the second one ends with the dinosaurs eventually dying out on the island naturally from an imbalance of carnivores to herbivores. Also the second books doesnt have the stupid godzilla scene at the end.

The frog DNA is not a flaw, but an inherent plot device that permits Malcolm's chaos theories to become vindicated. If the dinosaurs don't breed, there is no threat of uncountable dinosaurs. Frogs also lay eggs in water, hop, and use their tongues to catch bugs. Clearly some genes were disabled.

The godzilla scene is an homage to the brontosaurus rampage through London in the 1925 movie adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's original novel. Crichton told SS that the sequel movie could be its own thing.

If anybody read the books, the first one ends with the military bombing the island and the second one ends with the dinosaurs eventually dying out on the island naturally from an imbalance of carnivores to herbivores. Also the second books doesnt have the stupid godzilla scene at the end.

You are right of course, and many will argue that the bombing of the island is also mentioned in a deleted scene for The Lost World (the boardroom scene), however, I still don't think that counts in the supposed film canon. To me deleted is deleted. Kind of like the theatrical cut of Alien. If they had originally kept that scene in the theatrical cut of Dallas and other turning into eggs, there would never have been a Queen alien or basically the rest of the Alien series as we know it. It would have been totally different. So to me, deleted is deleted in this case, and as far as we know in the films, the fate of the first island is unknown.

• 2 weeks later...

I want Grant and Malcolm back, won't happen but I wish.

I don't want the Spinosaur back, we watched 3 last night and the effects of that dino were horrible and since science says that dinosaur never existed as portrayed in the film, I say don't use it. As for the dino's I want back, the T-rex, Raptors, Triceratops, Brontosaurus(brachio), and Anklyosaurus, If a T-rex must die it should be in battle with a triceratops.

Get Stravinsky's Rite of Spring and it'd be perfect.

I remember a Dougal Dixon book showing spinosaurus as a coastal fish eater. Though his portrayal as a Definitely Dinosaur was cool. No T-Rex killer, but then again, these are genetically engineered monsters, not straight up normal animals.

Apatosaurus (nee brontosaurus) and brachiosaurus are two completely different types of sauropods. I think you know that.