Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping they'd just reboot the series.

I don't know if it could be any worse than JURASSIC PARK 3.

No hate for The Lost World? That film had some pretty serious issues, too.

Karol

Agreed, both have their serious flaws but I find TLW more enjoyable. At least it tries some new stuff. The old-school King Kong/Conan Doyle vibe it's got during the jungle setting is quite cool, and I am on the few that enjoys the T-Rex attack on the city.

Twas flawed, but it had a sharp script, Goldblum, Spielberg + Kaminski, plus one of Williams's coolest scores.

I meant the witty dialogue. Crackers like

'I love you. I just don't... need you right now.'

'I'll tell you what you need. A good anti-psychotic.'

'OK, so there is another island of dinosaurs, no fences this time and you wanna send people in, very few people, on the ground? Right?'

'Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing?'

'I'm taking the kid. If you really want to stop us, shoot us.'

'Sarah! Sarah!'

'Sarah Harding!'

'How many Sarahs you think are on this island? Sarah!'

I just watched both JP2 and JP3 last week and thought that 3 was miles ahead of 2. 2 just felt like a not-as-good rehash of 1 with things like the attack by a T-Rex... at night... in the rain... pushing the car over a cliff. Just felt like I'd seen it before. At least 3 had the Spinosaurus and Pteranodons, which was a refreshing update on the series.

The dino's didnt look as good in 3.

For the first time they looked like SFX.

I agree. They started to get over-animated and over-detailed. There's a limit to what the naked eye can perceive.

I just watched both JP2 and JP3 last week and thought that 3 was miles ahead of 2. 2 just felt like a not-as-good rehash of 1 with things like the attack by a T-Rex... at night... in the rain... pushing the car over a cliff. Just felt like I'd seen it before.

What about the roundup or the compies?

Karol

Pete Postlethwaite and John Williams's music couldn't even save that flick.

Awful, awful, awful film. Compared to that, JP3 is excellent.

The dino's didnt look as good in 3.

For the first time they looked like SFX.

It has some cheap shots and some best-of-the-frachise-to-date shots.

I disagree. There's not a single point in Jurassic Park III where it doesn't look like FX.

I don't really understand how people defend JP III to this day. It's one of the first movies I remember seeing in a theater that I just despised and wanted to walk out of. I couldn't believe how bad it was. The Lost World has its faults, but at least it still feels like JP. It's entertaining, has actual violence, guns, cool action scenes, killer FX, Williams music and a good cast. How did Joe Johnston go from The Rocketeer to JP III...

For me TLW was a big letdown after being an impresionable kid in 1993, and having read the novel. Also the change of direction in music was a bit shocking.

When i saw jpIII i thought, "well... that was ok".

As animatronics FX go, JPIII is almost flawless though.

When I first watched The Lost World I thought it was incredibly boring. Not scary, exciting or even remotely interesting. Later on, I gave it credit for some things.

Karol

For me TLW was a big letdown after being an impresionable kid in 1993, and having read the novel.

Yeah. The Lost World never was as impressive as Jurassic Park. For me TLW was a decent film with some cool scenes.

I found the third a fun rollercoaster, they are practically running from dinosaurs the whole film, so entertaining, it is. Aside from that, it does not stand out much.

It's a mess of a film that doesn't hold under scrutiny, but you forget all that while watching it.

do you mean about plot, genetics (science), acting, sfx..., the cliff in the t-rex paddock?

Primarily the overwhelming production errors, but a bit of the science and writing as well.

I'm willing to suspend all that because it's fantastic entertainment, but that's all it ever was.

And that was all it was meant to be. It was an honest film in that regard.

Primarily the overwhelming production errors, but a bit of the science and writing as well.

I never view production errors as flaws, likewise with the fudged science. That's an anorak's approach to film appraisal, which I can never take seriously.

Reminds me of this joke article. Talking about grabbing for straws.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/jurassic-park--10-flaws-you-never-noticed-112121196.html

Honest?

Honest person doesnt mean when one always goes with the truth in front, not trying to show a false appearance?

So i mean JP was made as a blockbuster, and it was sold like that, it never had delusions of grandeur of being the best film of the year. Or at least i dont think spielberg thought so. I dont remember what did universal do in ads.... (its probably they put in ads 'best movie of the year' tag if some critic or newspaper said so...)