Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

I am still rooting for no feathers, personally. I am honestly not even convinced as many dinosaurs have feathers as paleontologists think they do. Sure, some do, like some of the ones that they have actually found feather impressions for. But that doesn't mean that every type of that species actually did. Sometimes they generalize a bit too far with this kind of science. I also don't think a feathered dinosaur would look very menacing, personally, in terms of a film like this.

http://static.archambault.ca/sample/9/7/4/6/974623CA1798230C45C4ECE3ED30F17D/UMG_audclp_00602537351022_01_020_161.mp3

1350917825-evilchicken.jpeg

chicken_120026_top_zps820b3d7a.jpg

LOL. Nah, Bloodboal, this just makes me hungry. ;)

As for the "No Feathers" tweet, he did that one a year ago. While there has been no word otherwise since, it should be noted that the tweet was done before the film got delayed, and also before he met with Paleontologist Jack Horner for consultation, if memory serves right. There is a chance he may have changed his mind, if only slightly. Just something to consider. But I personally also hope the tweet is still valid. ;)

In JURASSIC PARK, didn't they combine the dino DNA with frog DNA? Maybe that'd rule out the feathers?

I have no clue how that'd work, of course. Where's the forum's science expert? :lol:

I have no clue how that'd work, of course. Where's the forum's science expert? :lol:

I'm the forum's residence science expert. Dinosaurs didn't exist and the earth is only 300 years old. Thanks for asking!

Thanks! I've always thought that paleontologists were con men working for the illuminati.

I'm the forum's residence science expert. Dinosaurs didn't exist and the earth is only 300 years old. Thanks for asking!

Thanks! I've always thought that paleontologists were con men working for the illuminati.

Hey! Not all of us!

Slightly off-topic, but something I found interesting. The two concept art pieces earlier in this thread depicting the island with Visitor Center and etc also feature monorail tracks. While there were never any monorails in any of the Jurassic films or novels, there actually was some in the failed 1998 PC first-person game TRESPASSER- The Lost World: Jurassic Park. You find a series of broken down, never-completed tracks in the ruins of Isla Sorna as you walk around.

(An amusing Let's Play that shows the monorail in the very beginning, for the 2nd level)

Perhaps the filmmakers knew of or saw this game and were inspired by the use of the monorail?

Now as mentioned in the above video, Trespasser was NOT a good game (although it had a LOT of potential, some of which came to light thanks to some devoted fans). However, the best and most authentic-feeling aspect by far was the story told by John Hammond about the creation of his empire (with the actual film actor Richard Attenborough reprising his role). The story and game itself was a unique mix of elements from the films and the novels, as well as completely new elements such as the monorail. The way Hammond told the story was very engaging and melancholic, and really gave the listener a unique look at the character and the story.

I'm not sure if I ever posted about this here, but seeing as it is a little more relevant now...

I actually extracted all of his audio from the game and arranged it into an audiobook-style presentation called JURASSIC TIME, using music from the game (by Bill Brown, who does a nice Williams-sounding score without using any of the films' themes) and sound effects. I later added new tracks created by me and a fan using my own music (with help by fellow board member Brachio), based on material from the game's original script that never got recorded. It's a fun thing I think for any Jurassic Park fan to have, especially if you never plan to play the bug-ridden game. Even if you did, a lot of his dialogue was only found hidden within the game files and the additional script material. I also did a PDF scrapbook version with old-looking photographs and text. Both "annotated" audio and "excavated" book versions can be found on the website if any of you are curious. And he does talk a bit about the monorail.

Listen to the whole thing on YouTube, as well.

JT_Logo_small.jpg

Hey! Not all of us!

Sounds like con-man talk to me.

Well as possibly suspected, the concept art of the park area/Visitor's Center was indeed done for the film, but was just part of many jabs at the design during pre-production by one of many artists that may not even be close to how it will all really look. However, it is interesting to note that the site which originally had the art had the entire gallery that contained it removed. So Universal still clearly didn't want people to see it. I suspect there probably ARE some elements in it that carried over in terms of general assets (the monorail, aviary, the amphitheater-esque seating by the water) that would give away possible details they didn't want revealed.

http://renegadecinema.com/25652/jurassic-world-leaked-images-triceratops-faeces

Well Chrichton wrote a sequel book that invented it's own reasons for their being more dinosaurs, so when they made Film 2 they used that idea.

I dunno if it was ever thought about being used in Film 3 or not.

Well did Nedry put all the frozen embryos into the can, or just one of each, or just the selections that would be the big money makers?

The point is, the shaving can had enough coldness for a finite time, while any embryos left in the freezer would survive a lot longer.

At least until the park power was reset, and whether the freezer came back on is anyone's guess. But surely the freezer would stay cold a while.

The can of shaving cream was a plot device and chance Dodgson used that died with Nedry. In the sequel book, Dodgson went to Site B for live animals, while the can embryos would no longer be viable. And if Isla Nublar was torched, all embryos there would be garbage.

Rich

I have a feeling that now Dr. Wu is in Jurassic World (something that Crichton could not have done since he killed him off in his novel), they may not even NEED to get any embryos to do a new park. He was the one who basically made them! He would have all the research that company would need for it to happen. Hence why they probably seeked him out, hired him, and went from there. Or hell, maybe Dr. Wu, after all this time, was tired of his name being in the shadows, like in the novel, when he was really the man who created the dinosaurs for the park. Maybe HE seeked out the company and offered to make them the dinosaurs, and this is how it all started. Just some ideas.

I imagine the "film version" of Dr. Wu being an oddly jealous person after the events of Jurassic Park. Seeing the news about the San Diego incident, turning Sorna into the dinosaur preserve, and any other news or reports that came about discussing the park and the dinosaurs... and Dr. Wu thinking, "They don't even KNOW how all of this really happened... what I had to do to make it happen." Wishing they would go to him. That he would get his prize for his work he always thought he deserved but never got.

That's just my thoughts. Especially the way Colin described him being just how he was in the novel, I would imagine if they carried that personality into the films it would be something a lot like this. And would easily explain how the dinosaurs got remade in the first place.

Oh yeah... in other news... apparently a teaser trailer was shown at CinemaCon. Obviously it didn't show much, since filming won't start for a couple of weeks or so, but here is what was said about it:

"The studio showed a very basic CG-animated title teaser for Jurassic World that was simply a camera moving through the jungle with words over the screen as soundbites of John Hammond's dialogue from the earlier Jurassic Park movies is played. The teaser was just meant for the exhibition execs in attendance to let them know the movie is coming out summer 2015."

http://www.jurassicworld.org/?id=122

And even MORE news, just now, Jake Johnson has been confirmed for JW:

Did you get involved with "Jurassic World" because of Colin Trevorrow, who directed you in "Safety Not Guaranteed"?
Absolutely. Now, I'm also a huge fan of "Jurassic Park." When I was growing up and "Jurassic Park" came out, I freaked out like every other kid. I was born in '78, so I was like, 12. If it wasn't Colin and someone said they wanted me in "Jurassic Park," I would jump on it. The fact that it's Colin, written by Derek Connolly (who wrote "Safety Not Guaranteed") and both those guys are personal friends, I'd go through a wall.

http://www.jurassicworld.org/?id=123

I thought he was pretty good in "Safety", and also pretty funny on TV shows like "New Girl". I would assume his character would have some kind of comic sensibility. And if those script detail leaks truly had ANY value to them that were mentioned before, then:

His character is a tour guide who somehow knows nothing about dinosaurs.

If that detail was true, then his character has potential for some hilarity.

When I was growing up and "Jurassic Park" came out, I freaked out like every other kid. I was born in '78, so I was like, 12.

So i was born in '83 and i was 10 when JP was released. Something is wrong there :P

"And I loved Dwan! You know, it was like 'Dawn', only the letters were switched around! Haha! So clever! But my favorite part was when Jeff Bridges said, 'There is a girl out there who might be running for her life from some gigantic turned-on ape.' Never been a movie like it!"

national-lampoon-may-1977-gay-ish-queen-

Strange that so far not a single A-List actor seems to be involved with the project. Either they want to have only "fresh" faces, or the concept isn't all that attractive to many in Hollywood. Most of these names mean nothing to me; I might have seen them in some TV show, but certainly don't recall their faces when I hear the names. The female lead has seen better days, and the only real star is a star really only in India. "Life of Pi" is the only thing I saw him in.

All of this doesn't mean the movie is going to suck (I rather like the concept so far), it's just curious to me...

I have a feeling they are just trying to mostly use faces that aren't too big. Hell, it would appear Chris Pratt is the lead character and he has JUST started to become a big name (even though he has been known for a while on television on shows like Parks and Recreation). None of these actors are really any bigger than the actors who were in the first Jurassic Park at the time. I guess Richard Attenborough was probably the most famous of all, next to Jeff Goldblum. I see it as an attempt for the director to create that same aesthetic. Initially I remember they were trying to have James Brolin be in the film, he probably would have been the biggest name on the film if that would have happened. But apparently Chris Pratt got his character instead. But given their age difference and totally different appearance and persona, it makes one wonder if this was due to a commitment issue or the fact they changed the character itself a bit. Especially since the script had been re-written just last year.

Bryce Dallas Howard may very well be the biggest name attached to the film this time. Although like I said, after this year's release of Pratt's Guardians Of The Galaxy (after him already being the lead in the hugely successful Lego Movie), his name may very well overshadow her's. But even she has had a bit more of a name boost in recent years with her role in the acclaimed The Help. But you are right, I guess you wouldn't call any of these people "A-List". But really, beyond Attenborough, despite a lot of very talented actors involved, none of them have been.

Was she quite so big when she was in The Lost World? I can't remember.

Apparently Colin had tweeted that there were still 3 female cast roles yet to be revealed. So hell, maybe one of them will be a big name. I'm rooting for Sigourney Weaver.

The end of Jurassic World:

"I say we nuke the entire site from orbit... the only way to be sure."

While this is not truly related news, it is interesting to point this out. Apart from his awesome "Safety Not Guaranteed", there hasn't been much else Colin has filmed, nor has anyone else been able to watch... until now.

Check out this short film he did in the early days of internet videos. The dark comedy subject may be a bit adult for some people, just a warning. I thought it was pretty funny.

Lol yes, it is crude humor. But I thought it was done in a funny way, especially with the way the mom herself was reacting to her daughter's freak-out moments. If you have seen his film Safety Not Guaranteed, which had some crude humor as well, you can also see though that the director is also more than capable of writing/directing well-rounded and heartfelt characters.

LOL at the Tommy Wiseau hashtag. I think that short film shows more intended humor and talent that Tommy ever will have, LOL. No offense to Tommy, though. He has humor of a different kind. ;)

Oh wow... and oh shit! Third Crichton 'Jurassic' novel found, and because of it they are canceling 'Jurassic World' to adapt it instead!

http://www.trescom.org/2014/04/01/crichtons-third-jurassic-park-novel-discovered-jurassic-world-canceled-for-adaptation/