Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

I think Katie McGrath is pretty good, at least from what I saw of her in the BBC TV series "Merlin". Not familiar with the other two, however. Interesting! I wonder what their characters are? Also, notice that the article mentions Bryce Dallas Howard plays a corporate scientist working at the park, and Chris Pratt plays a dino wrangler with "a cowboy attitude".

Haha, well what other attitude should the guy have if he was wanking dinos? ;)

Honestly, though, I feel like each place that talks about Pratt's character describes it in a different way. One place focused on his military background, the next focused on him being a scientist, and now this one saying he is a dinosaur wrangler. So I guess he is a combo of all of these ideas, lol.

Haha. Maybe they were trying to be. ;) But failed miserably. I honestly thought they took what could have been fun about that film and took it far too seriously.

Jurassic World will only be good if we get another classic moment like this:

5o0Dpunm.gif

Because every time I get scared, I know I always have to do a strange potty dance, too.

Thanks for posting that gif, making it your avatar, and responding twice in a row. My mind is completely fucked right now. It's all I see when I close my eyes.

Various cast member, such as Chris Pratt, Ty Simpkins, Nick Robinson, and etc are tweeting that they are in Hawaii getting ready for the shoot next week. Pratt mentions how they already have done a test scene. The actual filming begins sometime next week. Ty also tweeted this pic of him with director Colin (sporting a Safety Not Guaranteed hat) looking at what appears to be the film's script.

TyandColin-Hawaii.jpg

Well considering we're gonna have a dinosaur wrangler, this may be one of his vehicles. ;)

That article did get a detail wrong, however. While Jurassic World was originally going to be shot in 3D, it is now being shot on film, which Pratt actually further confirmed in his Tweet:

Camera test day on Jurassic World. Met @NickJRobinson and @TYSIMPKINSactor both of whom are great! Shot tests on 65mm. #thatsAwesome #film

https://twitter.com/prattprattpratt/status/452345906805747712

Today marks the first day of filming for Jurassic World, in Hawaii! Apparently the first scenes are being shot at the Honolulu Zoo, some extras are being told. Not only that, but we will be seeing an old and memorable vehicle returning...

JW-Vehicle-Hawaii1.jpg

And also, possibly this new one:

JW-Vehicle-Hawaii2.jpg

Source: http://www.jurassicworld.org/?id=132

Look how weathered that original JP vehicle looks. Definitely going to be running into some original JP relics in this film... which has got me REALLY excited. I really hope we see the Visitor Center in ruins, honestly. And for all you nerds out there, Jeep 29 is the jeep at the beginning of the first film that Hammond and Generro were in at the Brachiosaur scene.

In more minor news, it appears Andy Buckley from "The Office" may have a role in the film, according to a news site: http://www.wspa.com/story/25198734/field-of-celebrities-announced-for-bmw-charity-pro-am

Look how weathered that original JP vehicle looks. Definitely going to be running into some original JP relics in this film... which has got me REALLY excited. I really hope we see the Visitor Center in ruins, honestly. And for all you nerds out there, Jeep 29 is the jeep at the beginning of the first film that Hammond and Generro were in at the Brachiosaur scene.

Had it been nr 12 and i would have thought the movie was going to include some prologue with someone looking for the embryos...

So, it seems like there's a good chance that they're going with the plot where they rebuild the park, only to have it be destroyed again.

Completely idiotic. Consistent with the last two idiotic plots, though.

So, it seems like there's a good chance that they're going with the plot where they rebuild the park, only to have it be destroyed again.

It's a pretty big deal that dinosaurs are alive again. Do you think they would give up after only two tries?

It's a pretty big deal that dinosaurs are alive again. Do you think they would give up after only two tries?

Yeah, like mankind never makes the same mistakes twice...

That's fine. You can apply reality to a half-assed action film (based on a stunning novel) and two pieces of sh*t all you want.

However, seeing what's been done with the series since 1993, and thinking in terms of a decent plot, it really doesn't work. For instance, Wu--a grounded, intelligent and underused character--is coming back to the new film. Do you think he'd really give it another go, after what happened the first time around and knowing about the events in the sequels? We're talking about a logical man. A scientist. A few of his colleagues and a tourist were killed in the first film, along with the deaths of x amount of people in the second and third films. A dinosaur was shipped to San Diego and got loose, resulting in deaths, too. Now there's a new park, with the same dinosaurs, and the same thing is going to happen again? Talk about lazy and desperately milking this franchise for a few more bucks. Sounds like they're using the formula from the DEATH WISH films, which includes recycling the plot over and over and over until you can't make any more money from it.

This should be a reboot. Something tells me that it very well could be, but they're just not revealing it yet. I'm hoping it is. I'd be much more interested in this film, especially since it's not directed by a guy who's known to produce blockbuster action flicks. A reboot would be promising.

Patrick Reilly is one of the visual effects artists on board Jurassic World.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4488601

From the looks of it, he's one of the key personnel at Stereo-D, which converted Jurassic Park. He's also worked on some Paramount films that were also post-converted, like G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Titanic and Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters.

It seems likely this film will get a post-conversion for 3D, since it ended up not being filmed in 3D like they originally wanted. Spielberg was pretty happy with the post-conversion of JP, afterall.

Actually the colors better matched how the film originally looked in the theater, although they may have made it look too brown/orange honestly. What was worse was that they DNR'd the hell out of it, making it look a bit too waxy. Granted the current BluRay transfer is the opposite and looks far too grainy. That film still needs a proper transfer that I really hope will happen someday.

Also, here were some spy shots of filming that took place today at the zoo.

10014635_724089927635521_297855658313653

10153998_724097107634803_875573914032734

Notice in this shot below the banner in the top right corner:

10174814_724097124301468_454825792271596

Apparently this area was being set up earlier the day before and was rumored by someone that it would be used for a "pterodactyl landing". Interesting...

1546154_723782354332945_2870421058039672

I think i'm more excited for this film than for ep VII... YAY!

BTW Mr. Brown, your comments about Wu... you dont know how really competitive and glory-wanna-be some scientists are.

I think i'm more excited for this film than for ep VII... YAY!

I certainly have fewer expectations for Jurassic World, especially with a completley unknown director.

Well even in the novel didn't Dr. Wu seem a bit competitive? Like he wanted HIS name to be out there for getting these dinosaurs made. And that Hammond attracted him to the project just for that reason alone. But then Wu started to have a bad feeling about it basically since he basically didn't need Wu anymore once they started to get created. Wu wanted to make improvements to the dinosaurs, even. But he just wasn't listening to him anymore. I think someone like that honestly would like a second chance at real fame, be able to fix their mistakes. I mean how often does one have a chance of a lifetime come to them TWICE?

It is interesting that we are getting a sequel film to this franchise from someone we can only base one film off of (and a random internet short film). Especially since the film doesn't really have any Jurassic qualities to it or even had anything to do with dinosaurs (beyond a single line of dialogue in the film where Jake Johnson, who was cast in Jurassic World, mentions how it would "be cool to see dinosaurs" if he went back time). Beyond seeing that this director can clearly work with actors and minor effects sequences, we have NO idea exactly how he will go about having this very high budget film look or feel.

And we got more pics!

Irrfan Khan on set:

DM-IrrfanKhan1.jpg

These cool looking buggies:

DM-Buggies1.jpg

Say whaaa?

DM-Electric1.jpg

Good stuff! Are we starting to verge on spoiler territory for people here? Should we had a SPOILER heading to the thread soon, or start using the spoiler tags in posts?

I guess I'll judge later on if something crazy appears. I thought earlier when I posted the original JP vehicle may have been one.

Nah. Most people (there are exceptions, of course, but just ignore them) consider spoilers only plot-related stuff. The JP vehicle tells you nothing about the plot.

Okay. ;)

I just learned that according to some of the extras, security has become really tight due to the recent security leaks (I am assuming they mean the photos such as the ones I posted recently) that they are putting "security stickers" over the camera parts of cell phones. Wow!

ups, my apologies

I can understand your confusion, though. It's the avatar, right?

yep

i think the electric fence photo is from someone who has found that sticker in the zoo and thought it was for the film. I can see it being from the actual Zoo, as animals are usually kept that way and the law demands all electric fences are labeled so as warning to people.

But it could also be that Gallager paid to be there....

oh, and the buggies are numbered with the same font as the Jeep wranglers. And the blue bit, could it be the ingen logo? I like the idea of using buggies, i supose, for safari-ride like enclosures with harmless herbivores.