Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

It is interesting that we are getting a sequel film to this franchise from someone we can only base one film off of (and a random internet short film). Especially since the film doesn't really have any Jurassic qualities to it or even had anything to do with dinosaurs (beyond a single line of dialogue in the film where Jake Johnson, who was cast in Jurassic World, mentions how it would "be cool to see dinosaurs" if he went back time). Beyond seeing that this director can clearly work with actors and minor effects sequences, we have NO idea exactly how he will go about having this very high budget film look or feel.

This was always going to be a studio film. The director doesn't really matter. Just look at The Amazing Spider-Man. It's the same situation.

oh, and the buggies are numbered with the same font as the Jeep wranglers. And the blue bit, could it be the ingen logo? I like the idea of using buggies, i supose, for safari-ride like enclosures with harmless herbivores.

From what I can tell it looks like some kind of covering using maybe blue tape or something to COVER some kind of logo, since these things are being transported. Most likely covered during transport so people don't see the JP logo or whatever it is covering making people curious about it.

It is interesting that we are getting a sequel film to this franchise from someone we can only base one film off of (and a random internet short film). Especially since the film doesn't really have any Jurassic qualities to it or even had anything to do with dinosaurs (beyond a single line of dialogue in the film where Jake Johnson, who was cast in Jurassic World, mentions how it would "be cool to see dinosaurs" if he went back time). Beyond seeing that this director can clearly work with actors and minor effects sequences, we have NO idea exactly how he will go about having this very high budget film look or feel.

This was always going to be a studio film. The director doesn't really matter. Just look at The Amazing Spider-Man. It's the same situation.

The Amazing Spider-Man isn't the best example to use. That movie is incredibly dull.

While I wouldn't necessarily say that, that's kinda my point. Marc Webb really had no say about anything, at least on the surface (I'm no expert on the film's production). It's a tentpole studio blockbuster, they have no identity.

I think the difference here might be that both the director of this film and the screenwriter from his previous film wrote the final screenplay for Jurassic World themselves. Hell, they even delayed the production a year for them so they could do so. I think that puts the creative control a lot more on this guy's shoulders than in the case of Amazing Spiderman, personally. Although I am still very aware any sequel like this is totally a "studio film" that they probably did, and still are, putting input on.

Well, a few things. Apparently they wrapped up filming at that zoo only after I think two days, so I guess they only had a couple scenes to do. A video of a driveby past one of the set constructions was posted on a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=724644434246737

They are now setting up camp to film this week back on the same ranch where they filmed the first film.

10252144_725409940836853_729573170133009

1534330_725410020836845_3699974404966676

And it looks like the cast is running around Hawaii bumping into people. ;)

10155051_10203473534258160_8833410725946

And for those of you who want some of that old Jurassic magic to munch on, I got a couple of items. First, here is a video that shows all the videos from an old Lost World game that actually uses the voice cast from the film! Check it out.

Also, in the original film, I just learned that apparently a baby raptor hatching was originally going to be a baby triceratops!

99grIUJ.jpg

Which is interesting because there is a rumor of a baby Triceratops being "pet" at the zoo location they finished filming.

It probably is some kind of error in the article. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they actually DO reference Williams themes in the film.

Anyway, here are some new leaked set photos. You can't see too much, but it is definitely an enclosure of some kind:

1557447_729071663804014_7244740805649078

10175990_729071587137355_291634333141930

10170983_729071723804008_617615605213748

1554527_729071697137344_8471978027323587

Did this article get this wrong? It says the following:

Williams is writing the theme music for Jurassic World, due out in 2015.

http://www.saultstar.com/2014/04/17/symphony-celebrates-amazing-composer

http://www.jurassicworld-movie.com/community/forums/topic/33649

The "news" is circulating around the Jurassic Park community. It's HP7.2 all over again! :rolleyes:

Now, l'm not going to try and get excited about this possibility like I had with HP 7.2, but could this film fit in Williams schedule? The only other film he is doing next year is Star Wars, right? And that comes out in December, while this comes out in June. So technically he probably could fit this one in IF he really wanted to. But of course that is a big IF. I'm just wondering what this guy's other source is beyond that link I had posted to. The only thing that has made my head scratch at all is that Williams is performing music from Jurassic Park this year at the Hollywood Bowl as well. He hasn't really performed Jurassic Park in some time, has he? I thought for sure he was going to last year for the 20th Anniversary but he didn't. So why now?

I remember back last year when my friends who did a podcast actually interviewed the director, I got them to ask about if Williams would be involved at all (shot in the dark). He reacted a bit coy on the topic, and ended up just saying that he likes his music "of course". But he clearly dodged the question. Maybe that just meant at the time that he was going to try to get him to do it. Maybe succeeded?

Again, not getting myself worked up or thinking too far into it. But this was something I found odd even before all of this. And just wanted to voice my thoughts in case I was right. ;)

He hasn't really performed Jurassic Park in some time, has he? I thought for sure he was going to last year for the 20th Anniversary but he didn't. So why now?

I wouldn't over-analyze it too much. He may have thought to program it simply because he knows a new film is coming out, that doesn't mean he's involved.

Okay so a lot of interesting news today.

First off, I got an e-mail back from that site that posted that blurb that John Williams is doing Jurassic World. I asked them where they got their info. Here was the response:

Reference to this film came from IMDB website.

So there we have it. And that "info" has been on IMDB for some time, hasn't it? So likely not true, sadly. :( Ah well. Sure, there could still be some kind of slim chance, since that other forum user said he had a source. But he could also be full of shit to just get attention from this story.

Now, HERE is some real interesting news, however. Today Empire Online posted a blurb on Jurassic World that will be featured in their next issue hitting newsstands tomorrow (which may have even more info). In it, it revealed a few BIG details, such as Colin has been asked about doing further sequels for them and that he would return to do them if so.

We wanted to create something that would be a little bit less arbitrary and episodic, and something that could potentially arc into a series that would feel like a complete story.

While talking about possible character arc crossovers into sequels,

he mentioned this about Omar Sy's character with Chris Pratt:

He’s essentially Chris Pratt’s best friend, they work together and have some pretty cool action scenes together. I wanted to create a relationship there that could be memorable and potentially carry on to future films.

Colin apparently also confirms in the article that animatronics will still be used. To what extent was not mentioned (maybe will be in the full article tomorrow). He then goes on to talk a little about the film's broader setup:

It’s about alpha dominance and the fact that humans have been the alpha species for a very long time", he explained, "and so now we’ve brought back another that happened to be the alpha species during its time, and we have to co-exist, so what is that relationship?

Hmm... now that is an interesting statement. I wonder what exactly he is hinting at there?

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40832

While talking about possible character arc crossovers into sequels, he mentioned this about

Omar Sy's character with Chris Pratt:

He’s essentially Chris Pratt’s best friend, they work together and have some pretty cool action scenes together. I wanted to create a relationship there that could be memorable and potentially carry on to future films.

Hey, that's basically a spoiler!

We know both characters won't die in the film!

Interesting to note that there'll be a black guy in a big monsters movie and he won't die! That's one cliché avoided right there!

Uh oh... I should have used a spoiler tag for that one. Post adjusted. But it probably should be noted from here on out that spoilers will likely start to pop up on here. They're filming it now and more stuff will likely either leak out or be officially spoiled in the next year.

And apparently, within an hour or so, Frank Marshall is going to tweet some news himself.

Frank Marshall tweeted a link to this article with some of the first official photos featured in Entertainment Weekly!

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/04/23/jurassic-world-exclusive-photos/

Bryce-Dallas-Howard_900x600.jpg

Jurassic-World_900x600.jpg

Director-Chair.jpg

They aren't too much, but I especially like the shot of Bryce Dallas Howard. She looks like she is by some kind of control panel. Looks like their construction truck has seen some dino damage. ;)