Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

Meh. Looks predictable, but could be a decent popcorn flick.

CGI is lame, especially for a dinosaur movie, you'd think that's what they'd work on most.

It looks like an Asylum film, except with slightly better fx. Plus, there's no interesting actors/actresses - no Richard Attenboroughs, Jeff Goldblums, Laura Derns, Sam Neils, Bob Pecks, Wayne Knights, Samuel L Jacksons, Pete Postlethwaites, Julianne Moores, Arliss Howards or William H Macys.

Huh. Now that I think about it, the plot really does sound like an Asylum film knockoff doesn't it?

Well at the very least, Chris Pratt does have on-screen charisma.

I definitely agree that the CGI is lackluster, but again, there is going to be much more in this film than any of the others given the scope they went for. And because, well, it's modern CGI. We all know how that usually goes, sadly. :( I've already accepted that it was never going to match the (mostly) seamless quality of the original. One has to also remember most of that film was animatronics (didn't spot ONE in this entire trailer, unlike the Superbowl spot), or also had the aid of much darker-lit scenes and rain. But hey, I guess they need it all brighter to do 3D, right? :angry:

Having said that... OMG I LOVE IT! Definitely the best trailer so far. Finally they showed Dr. Wu (although he was in that leaked alternate trailer a long while back). Like you said, Jay, it looks like it'll have the proper JP build up of things being nice and wonderful for a while until all hell breaks loose and escalates more and more and more. Only this time, there's still a ton of dinosaurs to see before that even happens given all of the attractions they are bound to show off beforehand. While there is still plenty of opportunity for this to suck (like any film), I think it is a bit naive to say that based on the trailer the plot is unrealistic. The plot of a company doing something incredibly stupid just to make money? You really don't believe that?

I think some big fans of the first movie may not like what they have seen so far also because the trailers don't show enough of the "wonder" aspect. And when they do it is very fast. I'm hoping the film doesn't gloss over this aspect, either. But we'll see.

One last thing I liked though was how in the dialogue it addresses criticisms through Pratt's character that the audience would have, haha. Like that part from the MTV clip where he explains how the raptors aren't controlled (which people were up in arms about), but that it is a relationship. And his remarks of the hybrid in the past trailer "probably not a good idea" and "they're dinosaurs, 'wow' enough." I had heard from someone in an interview that the script was like this, and it seems to be true already.

One last thing I disliked was the damn trailer music. Hell it didn't even have the piano bit this time to make up for the "Zimmer effect." I think that is what is turning me off the most (and probably some people here), perhaps even unintentionally. We know JP does NOT sound like that. Gone are the days of awesome trailer music made just for the films. Hell even Jurassic Park 3 had better trailer music made for it that knocked off Williams (in the final half):

https://youtu.be/nMSATV39o-c?t=1m4s

Yep, but only him. Unlike the first two, there's no sense that it's an 'ensemble cast.'

That's a great point!

These days film makers tend to go overboard with the visual effects clarity when it comes to creating creatures. Every single hair, scale of muscle perfectly rendered and articulated. It looks unrealistic because thats now how we would see sch animals in real life.

Yes I was just about to comment on the skin-fat trebble. Fantastic.

:sarcasm:

Of course, i not obsessed enought to look for realism on real animals... I assume they are real :P.

I think the problem with this dinosaurs is that i dont think that birds or reptiles are that chubby/flesh-y/softy. They are very lean and not have much fat under their skins. So i think the CGI looks worm-ish.

This 15 second moment in The Lost World is better than anything I've seen come out of the JP franchise since:

vlcsnap_2015_04_20_18h10m46s29.png

*sound of unseen Dinosaur in the jungle*

*dudes all turn with their guns*

vlcsnap_2015_04_20_18h11m32s199.png

Looks like it will be the most fun movie for me this year. Next to the Hobbit extended cut of course.

I don't understand the flame for this. I mean, yes, the dialogue featured so far is pretty meh, but then, don't tell me the first two films had just excellent dialogue. Also, JP isn't about dialogue.

Looks like it will be the most fun movie for me this year. Next to the Hobbit extended cut of course.

I don't understand the flame for this. I mean, yes, the dialogue featured so far is pretty meh, but then, don't tell me the first two films had just excellent dialogue. Also, JP isn't about dialogue.

The bad dialogue is only one part of the awfulness on display. Almost everything they've shown (including the CGI, cinematography (nearly every scene is well lit and sunny, killing any atmosphere it could have had),and the acting) has been bad. Unless the ad campaign is really bad, this movie will most likely suck.

I agree. This film looks to be a fun time at the cinema. What more do you people want? It's only Jurassic Park for crying out loud!

The Force Awakens second teaser was an excellent trailer. Didn't give too much away and just enough to keep you guessing and wanting more. The first teaser for JP back in 1993 didn't show any dinosaurs, just people's reactions. These modern trailers just give everything away from the poor dialogue to the shitty CGI.

I hate speculating things based on the trailers but to be honest this film looks like it's going to be terrible or worse, leaving you with mixed feelings.

Not showing any dino's in 2015, after three movies would be marketing suicide...

The could have not shown the indominus rex though.

Say what you want about JP3 but at least it looked like an actual movie and had some fun B-Movie elements.

I'm fine with JP3.

And i'm fine with Jurassic world too.

They tried to not show the I-rex. But it leaked. They probably figured at this point since it went viral all over the internet that showing more of it didn't matter at this point. The beast was out. And hey, it did them some favors showing more. Most people seem to really like the new trailer, me included. Finally showing more of what I know of this movie is going to offer.

Most of the negative criticism is just that, so a lost cause to try to say otherwise. Probably would come off as a little biased defending it at this point anyway. But I just find it funny so much is judged so quickly with an absolute sense of disdain when the movie isn't even out yet and no one has even seen any cut of it yet. This could still be a crap movie, just like any movie (even the new Star Wars). Hell, I was against the idea of a 4th film after so long until more of what it was about was revealed. In a way I never thought I would be interested in it. But that changed. I love that they went back to the well (the books, and comic books) for ideas this time. The new park to me is believable. Corporations making obvious mistakes and risking lives just to make money? How is that not believable? Clearly some people here have never worked retail.

Everyone has an opinion of course, so this is mine. But one thing I think people need to stop doing is expecting this to be "Jurassic Park". Let's face it. It's been more than a decade since the last film. There's no way it was ever going to truly "feel" the same. Spielberg films don't even feel the same anymore. He couldn't even pull off Indy again himself after such a long hiatus. Did anyone here really think they could with Jurassic Park? That's why I am glad this movie feels the same but ALSO very different. The director himself even said his film would be different, and hoped people would like it. I think this trailer finally shows what some of these differences are. I mean this film looks nuts in comparison to the previous ones. But I like that, personally. I think it needed it. And for some who don't like the humor from Pratt so far, it's a different character. With his own humor. Whether it fits his character truly or not, we'll see. As long as it feels organic to the story. Now some have a problem with the story, and I get it. You don't like the story, you don't believe in it, etc. Well, move on then? Go explore a different film? Sorry, I know this is a forum, and we all want to hear both sides to stuff, but some people go on a whole other level of obsessive complaining. I'm not a big fan of Marvel films at all. Perhaps I'll start going to those random threads of things I don't like and start talking about their horrible trailers? Only fair.

I put a lot of the blame on the trailer marketing of this film. The viral marketing with the sites is incredible and shows us what we are really in for from what I know. But the way this movie is being presented with the trailers hams it up with the cheesy trailer music and awkward cuts that I've despised with EVERY modern trailer for action films in the past few years. Apart from a spare few brilliantly assembled trailers, if we based any film on trailers alone (especially in recent times), I'd never see any films. That to me is how bad trailers have become. And to be critical of the director, his initial decision to hold off on showing stuff hurt the film. I know what he was trying to do. But it doesn't really work in this scenario since many DO need to see why we need another Jurassic Park film. They need to see what would be different.

Anyway, don't even know why I'm posting this. People have their minds made up. Mine isn't actually. I'm not worried that this film will suck from what I've seen, but it is always possible. But from what I have seen and know, I think it will at least be really fun, and perhaps more. I'm not one of those blindly optimistic fans. But I'm also not one who is pessimistic to the point of taking the piss out of it.

They tried to not show the I-rex. But it leaked. They probably figured at this point since it went viral all over the internet that showing more of it didn't matter at this point. The beast was out. And hey, it did them some favors showing more. Most people seem to really like the new trailer, me included. Finally showing more of what I know of this movie is going to offer.

Most of the negative criticism is just that, so a lost cause to try to say otherwise. Probably would come off as a little biased defending it at this point anyway. But I just find it funny so much is judged so quickly with an absolute sense of disdain when the movie isn't even out yet and no one has even seen any cut of it yet. This could still be a crap movie, just like any movie (even the new Star Wars). Hell, I was against the idea of a 4th film after so long until more of what it was about was revealed. In a way I never thought I would be interested in it. But that changed. I love that they went back to the well (the books, and comic books) for ideas this time. The new park to me is believable. Corporations making obvious mistakes and risking lives just to make money? How is that not believable? Clearly some people here have never worked retail.

Everyone has an opinion of course, so this is mine. But one thing I think people need to stop doing is expecting this to be "Jurassic Park". Let's face it. It's been more than a decade since the last film. There's no way it was ever going to truly "feel" the same. Spielberg films don't even feel the same anymore. He couldn't even pull off Indy again himself after such a long hiatus. Did anyone here really think they could with Jurassic Park? That's why I am glad this movie feels the same but ALSO very different. The director himself even said his film would be different, and hoped people would like it. I think this trailer finally shows what some of these differences are. I mean this film looks nuts in comparison to the previous ones. But I like that, personally. I think it needed it. And for some who don't like the humor from Pratt so far, it's a different character. With his own humor. Whether it fits his character truly or not, we'll see. As long as it feels organic to the story. Now some have a problem with the story, and I get it. You don't like the story, you don't believe in it, etc. Well, move on then? Go explore a different film? Sorry, I know this is a forum, and we all want to hear both sides to stuff, but some people go on a whole other level of obsessive complaining. I'm not a big fan of Marvel films at all. Perhaps I'll start going to those random threads of things I don't like and start talking about their horrible trailers? Only fair.

I put a lot of the blame on the trailer marketing of this film. The viral marketing with the sites is incredible and shows us what we are really in for from what I know. But the way this movie is being presented with the trailers hams it up with the cheesy trailer music and awkward cuts that I've despised with EVERY modern trailer for action films in the past few years. Apart from a spare few brilliantly assembled trailers, if we based any film on trailers alone (especially in recent times), I'd never see any films. That to me is how bad trailers have become. And to be critical of the director, his initial decision to hold off on showing stuff hurt the film. I know what he was trying to do. But it doesn't really work in this scenario since many DO need to see why we need another Jurassic Park film. They need to see what would be different.

Anyway, don't even know why I'm posting this. People have their minds made up. Mine isn't actually. I'm not worried that this film will suck from what I've seen, but it is always possible. But from what I have seen and know, I think it will at least be really fun, and perhaps more. I'm not one of those blindly optimistic fans. But I'm also not one who is pessimistic to the point of taking the piss out of it.

I applaud your enthusiasm and hope the film ends up being everything you want it to be.

I must have been conceived by Spielberg and some kids while being distracted playing video games.

Never has the "t" in "It" been more crucial.

But it is true. And i never received alimonies from either party.