I repent...

Datameister

I can't wait to see this sort of thread for numerous Zimmer scores in a few decades.

To that, I can truly say...there is no comparison. ;)

Actually, to see the difference in tone that people on here have about his music just between now and ten years ago is already very refreshing. Some real stupidity back then.

I was deeply and utterly wrong.

Your pain runs deep. Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.

I can't wait to see this sort of thread for numerous Zimmer scores in a few decades.

To that, I can truly say...there is no comparison. ;)

Actually, to see the difference in tone that people on here have about his music just between now and ten years ago is already very refreshing. Some real stupidity back then.

It really has changed. It was baaaaddd. I had to pull some deranged arguments to defend the poor guy back then.

Now I can be a bit more moderate. And you can be the idiot who puts together deranged arguments to defend Zimmer!

There will be a day when I say that towards Zimmer but not because of his greatness but rather the other music would have gotten so much worse.

In bygone years, I expressed my belief that "The Enterprise" was not, in fact, evidence that Jerry Goldsmith was a god among us. I suggested that it, along with the rest of the score to TMP, was overrated. Overblown. Not worthy of its reputation as film scoring par excellence.

I have seen the error of my ways. You all have my most profound apologies. Please forgive me.

Took y'long enough. . . .

But all such repenters can easily be forgiven. Wisdom, even in belated manifestations, is a thing to be celebrated. ;)

Haha yeah, the Zimmer bashing was pretty intense at one point. I feel like the rhetoric has been dialed back a bit. Then again, I was way oversensitive in those days.

Your pain runs deep. Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.

As a doctor, you of all people should be aware of the dangers of reopening old wounds...

In bygone years, I expressed my belief that "The Enterprise" was not, in fact, evidence that Jerry Goldsmith was a god among us. I suggested that it, along with the rest of the score to TMP, was overrated. Overblown. Not worthy of its reputation as film scoring par excellence.

I have seen the error of my ways. You all have my most profound apologies. Please forgive me.

That is all.

Ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis. Pax tecum.

Listen to ten Enterprises and twelve Main Title and Klingon Battles and meditate on your sins.

My views on TMP have also changed over the years. I always loved "The Enterprise," and it used to be my favorite part of the score. I still love it, but my opinion of it has declined slightly. In its place, I've really been digging the last quarter of the score--all the V'ger stuff--is my new favorite part of the score. Really engaging material

Listen to ten Enterprises and twelve Main Title and Klingon Battles and meditate on your sins.

I've already done that this week, and yet I still feel dirty...

I've already done that this week, and yet I still feel dirty...

Self flagellation then. Cat o' nine tails will be the instrument for you. Pain will purge your shame.

The Enterprise is rubbish shat out by an amateur.

If Zimmer had produced the score, it would have been more tidy, professional and cooler.

You forgot one important word: EPIC.

The Enterprise is rubbish shat out by an amateur.

If Zimmer had produced the score, it would have been more tidy, professional and cooler.

You forgot one important word: EPIC.

Yeah, watch your high end. It's cheesy.

That is all.

Yes!

Arbor ambulaverit nocte sub astra.

Relax BB. It is not their fault they don't speak excellent pseudo-Latin like you. No wait actually it is.

But we still agree that Datameister should repent and repent hard. Verily I say!

Sanguis, BB-mus

Corpus Incanus

But we still agree that Datameister should repent and repent hard. Verily I say!

And once Dm has done so, thus the trumpets will be blown to the sound of the Catholic Fanfare (which is Greek for "Universal Fanfare")

It's not pseudo-Latin, it's neo-Latin.

Wouldn't that be novo-Latin?

No BB is speaking in Neo-Latin

whoa-300x223.jpg