THE X-FILES

Jay

At least they look like Scully and Mulder again. I still don't know what they hell they were thinking with I Want to Believe.

I need to watch it for a second time without my lofty expectations, but I was pretty underwhelmed at the time. It'll probably be the only thing I make a point to rewatch before the new season.

Never seen it.

I am hopefully we will get through the remaining 190ish episodes of the show and both movies before the mini series drops, but its not very likely

If you started this Tuesday, you could watch one episode a day and be caught up (at least that's what the official X-Files Twitter is doing). 40 min daily isn't much of a commitment ;)

We started season 1 last month but haven't gotten back to it once GOT, Hannibal, and OITNB all came back

Now that GOT and OITNB are done and we only have 1 Hannibal a week, we hope to get back into XF

Season 1 was a bit of a slog for me. I think I stopped for a few months after the episode "Space."

It gets a lot better at the end of S1 and beyond. I watched the remaining 8.5 seasons in a handful of months.

Yup, we ended right in a slog of sub-par episodes - Ghost In The Machine, Space, and Fallen Angel were 3 of the last 4 we saw (Ice was a good one in the middle of those). Luckily when we resume, we start with Eve, and then things will keep getting better from there

The high-def versions on Netflix look awesome

"Space" is on my top 10 worst X-Files episodes. There are definitely some episodes in the first season that are crappy enough to deter viewers from continuing (e.g. Roland, Fire) , but keep with it. The show hits its stride and clicks into place with the season 1 finale and hardly ever lets up until it peaks with the Fight the Future.

I'm also digging the widescreen HD on the earlier seasons. I believe 1-3 are currently available this way on Netflix. Hopefully they get to the others by the time I get there. I'm on Season 2 right now, but I'm watching other shows concurrently.

I Want To Believe is a fine movie, not nearly as bad as some people would have you....believe. It has a nice cold visual look too.

We've watched the first 10 episodes of Season 1 and every single one looked fantastic, perfect HD quality.

They removed the top and bottom of the originally shot 4:3 frame to make the 16:9 version. I had feared this might lead to some awkward looking shots, but we haven't seen a single one yet!

Is this reframing creator-approved, or mucking-about by FOX?

I know they reframed all of the old Simpsons for widescreen when they moved reruns to FX, and the creators hated it. You also lose some of the jokes/animation in the cutout parts.

I believe Chris Carter oversaw all the new HD transfers. There was an old article about it when they first appeared on German TV.

Starting with Season 5, they filmed everything natively in 16:9 anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like William will not only be addressed, but could he could be in some way central to the revival, at least based on what Duchovny says here.

Funny interaction with a fan, and great question delivery. 

Tapatalk has never failed to show me YouTube links before. That was the very first time.

Tapatalk omits signatures. Win.

Tapatalk freezes animated gif avatars. Win.

Tapatalk doesn't force me to swing the display left and right to read columns wider than the screen when using full screen view, which appears when I errantly press the Full screen mode instead of the post button because I'm in a hurry.

Sent from my Android taking a major dump before work using Tapatalk.

If I say that I don't know what Tapatalk is and just use a PC Windows browser to get on the internet, would you hold it against me?  :D

Sent from my brain using fingers.

Lmgtfy

Tapatalk

Maybe he didn't see the YouTube vid cause it was HTML enabled (I used a specific staring point rather than just posting the web address)

That's gotta be it. Pretty lame that Tapatalk can't handle simple things like an HTML enabled post!