Hans Zimmer scoring Inferno

Mr. Who

According to the filmmusicreporter Hans Zimmer is scoring Ron Howard's Inferno which is the 4th Langdon book.

No real surprise as he did the last 2 but after his work in DVC and A&D, what are your reactions?

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015/04/04/hans-zimmer-to-score-ron-howards-inferno/

According to the filmmusicreporter Hans Zimmer is scoring Ron Howard's Inferno which is the 4th Langdon book.

No real surprise as he did the last 2 but after his work in DVC and A&D, what are your reactions?

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015/04/04/hans-zimmer-to-score-ron-howards-inferno/

Fourth? So which Langdon book has not been filmed yet?

Why not James Horner?!

Because Ron Howard stopped working with Horner in 2003 (The Missing) and then Zimmer did DVC and they've worked ever since (except for In the Heart of the Sea which was because of financial reasons).

Why not James Horner?!

Because Ron Howard stopped working with Horner in 2003 (The Missing) and then Zimmer did DVC and they've worked ever since (except for In the Heart of the Sea which was because of financial reasons).

Sounds like Howard is another director who's been brainwashed by Zimmer's charisma.

Zimmer's work with Ron is very good. Listen to Frost Nixon and Rush and DVC for instance. They have nothing in common but all of them work great in the movie.

Frost/Nixon is excellent. One of his finest. Rush is decent, but not really exceptional.

But yes, Zimmer's track record for Ron has been pretty great.

Anybody know why the studio shifted their production from adapting The Lost Symbol to adapting Inferno instead?

Anybody read both books and think that one might be more easily adaptable than the other?

These movies are a harmless sort of summer fun. Hopefully the score is in the same vein as the first two.

Well the first two scores are radically different in approach anyway, so I'm not sure what to expect for the third one. But if it maintains the quality like the other two, then I'll be very satisfied.

Anybody know why the studio shifted their production from adapting The Lost Symbol to adapting Inferno instead?

Anybody read both books and think that one might be more easily adaptable than the other?

I heard some talk about it being too similar to national treasure but have no idea if it's THE reason.

I've read all of the books and I actually think both Inferno and the Lost Symbol would make great movies.

These movies are a harmless sort of summer fun. Hopefully the score is in the same vein as the first two.

Inferno comes out in October ;)

Makes sense I guess.

After this one I suppose they'll try to get Howard back for The Lost Symbol, and use another director if he doesn't want to

So in the end they'll adapt the books in a weird order - 2, 1, 4, 3.

I wonder if Zimmer will score all 4.

I hope so. Though the Lost Symbol would have a very different flavour from the other ones in score form.

Why?

From what I remember of the book, there'd be little opportunity to write more religioso flavoured, music. It'd probably veer closer to your standard thriller stuff with a healthy dose of Americana.

• 1 year later...

It could be "not Hans" as in it's Andrew or Steve or any other part of the band, but it's not something thrown together for promotions by a third party. From what I understand, this production was quite convoluted.

As for whether or not the aesthetic of a score should fit conventional expectations based on the content of the story... actually I'm not going to bother.

On 10/3/2016 at 5:22 PM, TheWhiteRider said:

It could be "not Hans" as in it's Andrew or Steve or any other part of the band, but it's not something thrown together for promotions by a third party. From what I understand, this production was quite convoluted.

As for whether or not the aesthetic of a score should fit conventional expectations based on the content of the story... actually I'm not going to bother.

How dare that Morricone use electric guitar to score a western. Those didn't exist back then!

5 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

How dare that Morricone use electric guitar to score a western. Those didn't exist back then!

In all fairness those Morricone Westerns are darn awful and you know it Koray. I mean banjos, guitars, jaw harps, and honky tonk pianos I can understand for Westerns, but electric guitars. Preposterous!

Lol these movies look worse with each one.

At least these "visions" might give Hansu something cool to chew on.