Putting a face to the name - post your picture here!

With the recent spat of member photos that i've seen on this board (Neil in his 'Gestapo' coat, and the various member-icon photos, etc) - I've decided to make a thread where we can post our pictures and thus put a face to the names we 'talk' to. And no, this isn't some cruel and sick thread about "Rating how Hot are you?"...it's just a place to let other members of the board see what you look like.

So come on everybody...don't be bashful and take the plunge! Heck, post pictures you've taken with the Maestro for extra bonus points! :mrgreen:

For good measure, I'll be the first one (hopefully this works, imagestation doesn't seem to work half the time).

fc90c7f1.jpg.orig.jpg

This picture was taken 2 months ago, and my hair isn't spikey at the present time. I'm too lazy to gel it everyday, so i'm letting it grow long and messy. :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's disturbing. Neil

Ray go here. Neil

Me and "Sturgis" (from left to right) on vacation with the fam, up in northern Michigan. Ray Barnsbury - who thinks people should be posting more recent pictures!

I think my face says it all.

Hitch...you are a woman with extreme Ornithophobia!? :)

And"Morn"...am I to believe that you are in actuality an alien that spends all of his time in a drunken stupor on a bar stool?

Man...if that is you in your avatar, you need to go out and get some sun....and some lotion for your cracked skin! :mrgreen:

The great thing about Internet is that we can only judge other people on their words, not their appearance.

No one's judging anyone here Stef. Since we practically know what people here are like on the interior because of their words, I see no harm in showing people what you are like on the exterior. As I said before, this isn't a contest or circus. This is just a place to let people see who you are.

You don't have to participate if you don't want to.

January 1st, 2003, in an Indian restaurant somewhere in Bristol, although I can't for the life of me remember this photo being taken.

I always thought that was you in your avatar Jim! It's good to see that you don't have oranges for eyes! LOL

And btw...if that picture was taken on January 1st, then you should be too drunk to remember it. :mrgreen:

Hmm, Ren, maybe we're long lost siblings or something. Although that would make the whole me-you-Ocelot incident a lot weirder than it already was! :)

That is pretty much the opposite of how I pictured you Neil! I was thinking much lighter hair, complexion, etc. It's so interesting to see how people really look.

Ray Barnsbury

I have to agree that I did not picture Neil looking like that at all. That's why maybe I shouldn't post my picture.

But then, maybe you will all think I'm a lot more handsome than you're already imagining.

OK, OK! When I get home tonight I'll post a picture. Jeez, stop pressuring me! :mrgreen:

Neil, it looks like you are going to shot someone or possible hyjakc a plane.   :mrgreen:   :mrgreen:

That's not a very nice thing to say. And why is everyone ragging on me? I thought we were all supposed to post our pictures here.

Neil

Here is one of the Maestro and me in Cleveland, but it's not very good for seeing me.

cleveland01-small.jpg

Ray Barnsbury

Aren't you lucky. I've been to two of his concerts and the thought never dawned on me to actually attempt to meet him. But so I've observed, many people on this Board have had the oppurtunity to meet him at his concerts and I'm feeling very mad at myself for not trying in the past. I plan on going to some concerts in the future though, so maybe I will get a chance, who knows.

As for a picture of myself, I am not that great with computers and whatnot so I honestly wouldn't be able to figure it out. If I can figure it out though, I'll most definitely post one.

Ted, who is one sexy bitch. :mrgreen:

And why is everyone ragging on me?  I thought we were all supposed to post our pictures here.

I'm truly sorry if it seemed like I was one of those ragging on you, Neil. That wasn't my intention at all. I was just stating how surprising it is to finally put faces with the names I've known for so long. And it wasn't by any means a negative reaction!

Ray Barnsbury

Aren't you lucky. I've been to two of his concerts and the thought never dawned on me to actually attempt to meet him. But so I've observed, many people on this Board have had the oppurtunity to meet him at his concerts and I'm feeling very mad at myself for not trying in the past. I plan on going to some concerts in the future though, so maybe I will get a chance, who knows.

I hope you have success. And try to say more than "Thank you very much!" and stumbling away!

Ted, who is one sexy bitch.  :mrgreen:

Sure, Ted, we believe you! :mrgreen:

Ray Barnsbury

I hope you have success. And try to say more than "Thank you very much!" and stumbling away!

Hey, I'm not sure that I'd be able to say anything or if I did, I'm sure it wouldn't make sense. So you should be proud of yourself.

Ted

Thanks for the responses guys (and I mean guys, since no girls have participated) - that measn you Ren and others I don't know about)! :mrgreen:

Ray - that is an incredible picture of you and the maestro. I can't believe you actually got to shake his hands! Was that picture taken at Tanglewood?

Trumpeteer - Are you touring on a bus in that picture? That picture with the inescapable 'bus pattern and color' takes me back to my high school band days. Ahhhh yes, High School Band...those were the days.

As for you Neil - nice picture....but one thing. You hate the prequels, but you hang up floral and pastel-decorated gift wrappers on your wall!? For shame! :mrgreen:

Neil, it looks like you are going to shot someone or possible hyjakc a plane.   ;)   :mrgreen:

That's not a very nice thing to say. And why is everyone ragging on me? I thought we were all supposed to post our pictures here.

Neil

Just an affectionate joke...... I dunno about tharpdevenport though.... hyjakc a plane? :wave:

I think you actually look like someone who'd be popular with the ladies. :mrgreen: Right, Ren?

OK, here goes....

I wasn't expecting that. :)

As for you Neil - nice picture....but one thing.  You hate the prequels, but you hang up floral and pastel-decorated gift wrappers on your wall!?  For shame!  :mrgreen:

I fail to make the connection, but okay.

Jeff, was that picture taken in Australia? What were you doing there?

Neil

To Beowulf and Neil: Yes, I was on a bus in that picture, touring the lovely Green Mountains just outside Sydney, Australia. This was last November, when I was competing in the Gay Games.

Sorry I didn't try to get in touch with you Morn and Cypher, when I was down there. I did think about it, and before I knew it, I was back in the States.

Ahh, green mountains..... are those the ones west of Sydney? Because you know, those are actually called the Blue Mountains. :mrgreen: The sap from the trees makes the mountains look greenish blue in the heat.

What are.... Gay Games? :mrgreen:

And to meet JWfan posters in person might be weird and difficult, being shy as I am. :wave:

Ahh, green mountains..... are those the ones west of Sydney? Because you know, those are actually called the Blue Mountains.  :)

Oh yeah, right. Those mountains. :oops: It was raining most of the day, so my memories aren't very good of that day.

Here is the absolutely Heinous pic of me and my friend Jason. I think we were like 20 in this pic. It was 80 degrees and we were playing for a wedding in an unairconditioned church. Have a few good laughs. . .

i wouldn't be caught DEAD in a dress like that today.

jayren.jpg