Star Wars: Battlefront (2015 reboot)

Luke Skywalker

Up is not down!

But it is! Imagine you're standing behind someone and have your hand on top of their head and trying to get them to look in a direction! Which direction do you pull their head to get them to look up?! :P

You pull BACK! Towards yourself! You pull your head BACK to look up. So why would you push your mouse/joystick/thumbstick FORWARD to look up?! It's madness!

Up is not down!

But it is! Imagine you're standing behind someone and have your hand on top of their head and trying to get them to look in a direction! Which direction do you pull their head to get them to look up?! :P

You pull BACK! Towards yourself! You pull your head BACK to look up. So why would you push your mouse/joystick/thumbstick FORWARD to look up?! It's madness!

I understand why, it just makes no sense in a video game setting.

Because at some point you realize that moving an airplane through three dimensions and moving a Doomguy, Quakeguy, Jedi, Duke, Marine, Gordon, Denton, Courier, or Dragonborn can be the same motions.

Up is not down!

Yep!

When in a aircraft, if you want to go up, you need to go down with your joystick, and if you want to go down, you have to go up with your joystick. It's the same principle here. It makes sense.

Yep!

I understand why, it just makes no sense in a video game setting.

Only because when the controller-based FPSs came to be, the makers chose poorly! This all could have been avoided!

Up is not down!

Exactly. Didn't grow up with flight simulators, so the inverted y axis feels counter-intuitive. I think I played the original Rogue Squadron at a relative's house when I was 7 on a PC with a joystick (would have been the summer of 99 after the release of TPM), but not long enough for the muscle memory to stick.

• 1 month later...

Some new info

http://www.comingsoon.net/games/news/449259-star-wars-battlefront-deluxe-edition-revealed

91gi233iwol-_sl1500_.jpg

91sia6vglul-_sl1500_.jpg

Oh, and a tidbit about Ep 7 I guess

the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet on the Outer Rim.

It'll probably include a Griskey score with most of the music taken from the 1997 SEs and the Anthology... no Prequel music. I doubt there will be any Episode VII music, at least not at release.

Wow ! the battle of Hoth does look even more intense ingame than in the film. I'm stunned. :D

I'm more excited for the TFA add-ons. The Battle of Hoth is fine but it's been in literally every Battlefront game. Plus I can't wait to play as Kylo Ren.

Well it hasn't been captured with this visual detail. The game actually looks like the film, even better actually.

Gameplay will be a lot more interesting this time around.

While this game looks fine, it's no console seller. It looks like the type of game that would get old after a week. In other words, it's no KOTOR 3.

I think you're wrong. KOTOR is for a select type of gamer. I only loved the first one... The second I tried two times, but I couldn't get into its slow-paced combat anymore. And the story lacked something.

Battlefront looks to be the SW game that every fan of the movies wants to play. And the maybe-fans because of the Battlefield connection.

There is no single player experience ;)

Wrong.

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-fun-sprawling-and-worryingly-simple/

According to this article, there are three single player modes. We saw Survival, which sees the player going against hordes of enemies. Then there's Trial which apparently replicates certain scenes from the original films, and Battle hasn't been described very well but it sounds like the original Instant Action option. All three are playable solo or in co-op.

• 1 month later...

Not from the OT nor the Prequels. But i doubt it is from the force awakens. Maybe this game has some original music (i remember the first trailer having a small snippet of unkown music too)

Yeah, it's from the ANH main title.

So, single player has been elaborated on. Those missions will consist of four modes: Trial (I'm told this is a tutorial mode but some sources say it will also have select moments based off of the movies), Survival (this is what was shown at E3), Battle (like the classic Instant Action mode, though its maps are designed for this mode exclusively) and Hero Battle (it's not yet clear how this will work, whether it will be like Hero Assault in the past games or whether it will be one-on-one)

Hopefully there's some sort of single player mode with bots. It's what I played the most in the previous installments, and I had great fun with that. I prefer to be not among players with superhuman reflexes, even if they play as Jedi knights. It's essentially what kills the enjoyment of online games for me... Getting killed 10 times by someone 10 times as fast as me gets annoying quickly. Give me great balanced enemy A.I. over superhumans

Competitive gaming is not for me, I just want to have fun exploiting the rules that the developers set.

I've always played Halo for the campaigns alone, I tried to get into the whole online thing, it didn't interest me at all.

Hopefully there's some sort of single player mode with bots. It's what I played the most in the previous installments, and I had great fun with that. I prefer to be not among players with superhuman reflexes, even if they play as Jedi knights. It's essentially what kills the enjoyment of online games for me... Getting killed 10 times by someone 10 times as fast as me gets annoying quickly. Give me great balanced enemy A.I. over superhumans

All Single Player options are played with bots.