BloodBoal

You see that was my argument in a huge post about Azog I did on TORN (it was quite magnificent, I really must post it here some day, it was wasted there), but someone said the Kili healing scene was the first thing Lilly did, in the first block, so I assumed I was wrong. I figured that her healing a child (presumably Bard's daughter?) was replaced by the Kili scene, but apparently not. Imagine if that was restored to the EE...perish the thought.

EDIT: Here's the thread: http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=864106#864106

Maybe they were just going to have Tauriel going around healing the entire population of Laketown, showing her to be the greatest healer in the history of Middle-earth?

But why didn't she heal Thorin? The bitch!

She only heals dwarves she fancies. It is the power of LOOOOVE!

Smaug_the_iron didn't back this up with an article, so I don't buy it!

Why would they have bothered shooting a scene with Tauriel healing Greta or Gerta, if they had already a scene with Tauriel healing Kili? Doesn't make sense. But again, there aren't that many things that make sense regarding the making of these films!

It is on the appendices part 9 in Bard's house where Evangeline lilly is saying that it was here first scene she shot.

I must say I'm very impressed that smaug the iron A) knew about this discussion so quickly; and B) joined solely to put BB in his place. He's alright in my book!

Perhaps he means Inky the Wise cracker, resident wizard and befuddled mod. And of course BB notoriously loves himself.

Of course not! We are pals, comrades, band of brothers, we few, the happy few!

screen-shot-2015-04-05-at-11-00-41-am.pn

Hey PJ quipped in the DoS documentary that not much of the Hobbit is real! I guess they gave up early on.

How can anyone stand against such reckless hate!

theoden.jpg

Of course not! We are pals, comrades, band of brothers, we few, the happy few!

screen-shot-2015-04-05-at-11-00-41-am.pn

The difference is astonishing...

Well, I'm doing it! I'm going to see the EE of film 3 at my local movie theater tonight. It's starts at 7:30pm EST, so just about 12 hours from now.

I'll even try to record some of the new music on my phone! Can anyone help by telling me some times I should start recording? Obviously the opening sequence, when it seems the chariot scene is about to start, and Thorin's funeral.... What else?

I trust you to bring back a meticulous report!

Rather cool that they are premiering the EE so early. :)

Well, I'm doing it! I'm going to see the EE of film 3 at my local movie theater tonight. It's starts at 7:30pm EST, so just about 12 hours from now.

I'll even try to record some of the new music on my phone! Can anyone help by telling me some times I should start recording? Obviously the opening sequence, when it seems the chariot scene is about to start, and Thorin's funeral.... What else?

If there is more of Dol Guldur and when Beorn is in the battle please.

I'm not sure what the point was making the new Hobbit films so super-dooper-amazingly-high-definition with all their fancy HFR trickery, only to smear the post-production equivalent of vaseline over the entire film?

Can we please bring back Fellowship of the Ring director Peter Jackson? He's been gone a long time.

He turned from that path a long time ago. He has chosen... exile.

And abandoned reason for madness!

Wait, what?

You actually still care enough about this franchise you don't want to be spoiled by new footage in one of the worst movies of the year?

You actually still care enough about this franchise you've bought a ticket to a one-night only theatrical screening of an expanded version of one of the worst movies of the (last?) year?

As for recording music, any new battle stuff, including Beorn. And maybe that scene with Bilbo and Bofur if it's in there. You'll know best I'm sure.

Hmm, then why would you even open this thread before you've seen the film, not that it'll be out in the wild after today?

I have to say, I'd love to be able to go tonight, because I probably won't have the willpower to hold out until next week. In this instance it's particularly intriguing because, although only 20 minutes, we've only seen about 30 seconds worth of the new footage, and even then out of context. Usually we've had scenes or full trailers by now, and had proper confirmations from interviews or early reports. Moreover, the silence from Jackson over the past year adds to the mystery. You hope that it might be radically altered, with footage replaced and improved CGI in places, and that we'll all come away a lot happier.

Of course, this won't happen, but we're allowed to dream for the next 12 hours or so. You can put your house on there being at least one (surely more) addition we're all anticipating that won't be included, while even something like Beorn is likely to disappoint after all this time.

I was planning on discussing the music in a spoiler-free manner in the thread for the score. This is a thread to discuss the EE, it'd be odd to me to spoiler-tag it?

Is this theatrical screening a US only thing? Am I really the only one from here going?

This is true. If we get a decent amount of Beorn and the funeral, plus more Dol Guldur and the battle (mainly Dwarven-related), my expectations will be satisfied. Anything else of interest will be a bonus.

I was planning on discussing the music in a spoiler-free manner in the thread for the score. This is a thread to discuss the EE, it'd be odd to me to spoiler-tag it?

Is this theatrical screening a US only thing? Am I really the only one from here going?

Yes it is. I would if they were doing it over here.

No, definitely not. In fact I'm expecting to be the only one in the theater tonight :P

If I am, I'll take copious notes on my phone!

I don't think anybody is actually invested in this that much. It's sort of just being done out of obligation.

Right, exactly. This trilogy as films were utterly a failure and not a win.

The scores were fantastic, though. I'm going tonight for the score, not the stupid film.