The funny Middle-Earth related Pictures and Videos thread

Marian Schedenig

14 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I don't get it

Literally every step Sam takes for the rest of the trilogy is the farthest away from home he’s ever been. He can’t get over it. Frodo is increasingly vexed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So what I take from this: HS and PJ tried finding their way through Moria with a single lantern. Howard avoided thematic writing up until LotR (very broadly speaking, his music was thematic way before then, just not at the complex level of LotR). No haircutting in the States due to Corona, either. Pictures of his parents/family to his left. What looks to be a copy of @Doug Adams's book on the shelf as well.

PS: I'll get back to you about your PM soon, GK. :up:

• 7 months later...

EzX6UP1UcAU0ENg?format=jpg&name=large

Back when HS still had the energy to crack a smile... :wub:

Nah I broke off posts from that one giant LOTR thread that used to exist before there was a Tolkien subforum into various threads once it was created.

Any posts you see in Tolkien Central with a suspiciously low view count for the number of replies it has, is probably because of that.

• 1 month later...

Well, in early drafts of the script, Gimli was going to use bad language all the time. His original line to Aragorn at Helm's Deep was "You are the luckiest, the canniest and the most reckless wench I ever knew!"

5 hours ago, Chen G. said:

In early drafts of the script, Gimli was going to use bad language all the time. His original line to Aragorn at Helm's Deep was "You are the luckiest, the canniest and the most reckless wench I ever knew!"

Calling Aragorn a “wench” would have been pretty f*cking stupid. Men aren’t wenches.

The only person in LOTR that could reasonably be called a wench was Rosie as a bar wench.