Stefancos

The Paining: Season 5 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!)

After doing some thinking I came to the conclusion Saturday night last week that I will need to talk to a mental health professional.

Got referred by my GP, have a video-phone take-in consultation scheduled later this months.

I wonder if they will proceed with a frontal lobotomy? That i will turn into a drooling simpleton like @JoeinAR or @mstrox?

Or perhaps they will pump me full of drugs, and I will become happy but bloated like @Ghostbusters II?

Maybe I can work in Disneyland?

May delete, idk.

paining.jpg

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

My Mam was recently diagnosed with it too. 

I thought it was weird to think that my mam and Steef have something in common. Aside from their love of me. 

I'm sorry to hear that, Marty.

9 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I'm sorry to hear that, Marty.

Thanks Steef. She’s doing well and is very upbeat and positive about it. She’s actually felt loads better since she got the diagnosis and can no tell people and not have to hide it. 

5 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Positive or negative?

Compared to before i had MS?

Negative, naturally. 

Compared to when they diagnosed me and I got treatment, better. But there's damage that has been done and remains.

38 minute phone-intake-interview yesterday with someone from my local mental health center. We came to the conclusion that I would probably benefit more from specialized help rather than basic.

Meet up in person with a first rate team of experts end of next month, one day before my fourth MRI.

IMG_20190528_194121_edited.jpeg

Why do you have a thread if you don’t delve into the gory details of your struggle?

WTF is the point of me coming here to read you went to a shrink if you don’t tell us why...and what you said and what they said, how you felt, whether you agreed, how your family reacted, the disturbing nightmares, etc.

Bob Ross provided more dramatic episodic content!

Hmmm.... interesting.

Usually i'm criticized for being the fucking attention whore of this place, and now when im trying to be a bit more restrained i get this.

Not that I think you actually gave a damn if i did tell you more. 

The short story, i've been dealing with, or avoided dealing with things like depression and anxiety on some level for quite a few years now. 

MS doesn't exactly make that easier and after some soul searching I have decided to seek help.

Happy now?