Mad Max: Fury Road - Academy Awards 2016 Best Picture Nominee (BIGGEST OSCAR SNUB EVER!!)

BloodBoal

Mad Max 4? I have never seen it (or any other Mad Max films), nor do I understand what I said that would make you think I did?

Well you're posting in the spoilers allowed thread so I was wondering.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. I don't really care about spoilers for an action film, i wouldn't have even thought a separate thread was worthwhile, but there you go

I can't believe Jason is my age and has never seen a Mad Max film.....

Ah. I don't really care about spoilers for an action film, i wouldn't have even thought a separate thread was worthwhile, but there you go

So you would be Ok with spoilers for Die Hard, The Terminator or Aliens? Really?

Did anyone else notice Verdi's requiem in the movie score? Classy touch to add Dies Irae wrath in the middle of mayhem. Also, was one of the brides the same model in Transformers 3?

Did anyone else notice Verdi's requiem in the movie score? Classy touch to add Dies Irae wrath in the middle of mayhem. Also, was one of the brides the same model in Transformers 3?

Yep, in her second ever credited film role.

Yep, in her second ever credited film role.

She has gotten a lot better acting wise. Must be a credit to the director.

Thanks BloodBoal, that means alot.

This is good:

I love the unexpected death of that aloof warrior guy who is too busy looking at Max to notice the flying boomerang of death. I have to rewatch these oldies.

I love the unexpected death of that aloof warrior guy who is too busy looking at Max to notice the flying boomerang of death.

The Feral Kid for the win!

They need to bring him back!

Nice reference to the feral kid when one of the wives was playing a chime.

Holkenborgs score works remarkably well in the film. But it doesn't have much of anything when it comes to sophistication or complexity.

Powell can do the noisy drums just as well, but also add texture

Interesting that Holkenborg worked on the score for something like 18 months. And I can't really hear why that would be the case.

Holkenborgs score works remarkably well in the film. But it doesn't have much of anything when it comes to sophistication or complexity.

Powell can do the noisy drums just as well, but also add texture

Interesting that Holkenborg worked on the score for something like 18 months. And I can't really hear why that would be the case.

It's because the whole film was edited to his music. So obviously a longer process of finding what works. Miller initially wanted it to be a scoreless film with just some source from the guitar player and drummers.

If you can't hear sophistication in Immortan's Citadel (the score's standout track) then you're deaf.

It's a terrific score, and leagues above the cheap, obvious, generic, cliche ridden shite Brian May wrote for the first two films (neither of which I'm a fan of, BEYOND THUNDERDOME is the best of the lost).

Haven't seen the film yet, BTW. Hoping to this week when work permits.