A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) - 2015 3CD set from La-La Land Records

Jay

The Abandoned in the Woods extended version AKA film version on Disc 1 is so much better than the versions on the album. Same goes for Finding the Blue Fairy.

I like having The Moon Rising without that weirdo electronic part.

The traditionally hissy Replicas was the first track I checked in regards to the sound mix, and it seems to be a serious improvement over the previous CDs.

The Abandoned in the Woods extended version AKA film version on Disc 1 is so much better than the versions on the album. Same goes for Finding the Blue Fairy.

The traditionally hissy Replicas was the first track I checked in regards to the sound mix, and it seems to be a serious improvement over the previous CDs.

See! It wasn't a total waste of time and money!

Well, no. This isn't Not With My Wife, You Don't: Volume II.

I've always liked A.I. the score. I love what La-La Land is capable of doing with these releases. That they convinced Williams to include everything is extraordinary. It's still a shame about Hook. We've gotten several apology releases since that one.

Cheaper to use more bubblewrap than to replace broken cases.

Oh, then I should order from them another time?

I didn't order from them because every cd release that was 2cds and up came here broken!

I still prefer the original album version as a standalone piece of music, but I think the film version better fits the narrative of the score. When it goes full tragedy at 2 minutes in really packs a punch the original OST version did not have.

IMG_2424.jpg

A cat!

:wave:

...That seems to think, yeah a new game for me! (I have four, which two baby Cornish Rex monsters!)

At one moment i wanted to buy the set, but i ordered a Roy Orbison boxset instead. Yes, shame on me! Don't own any expanded release yet. Well, except for Star wars, but it's not really an expanded set it's just the set that it always have to be...

The little chromatic celesta part during the Blue Fairy theme is probably the best thing Williams has ever done.

Track and tracktime? I'm not familiar enough with that instrument.

For one, it's in Finding The Blue Fairy around 2:48.

The synths at the start of Inside Dr. Know's make me wish Williams would do a totally electronic score or album.

For one, it's in Finding The Blue Fairy around 2:48.

The synths at the start of Inside Dr. Know's make me wish Williams would do a totally electronic score or album.

Hearbeetps :P

Agreed, that part had always spoiled an otherwise great action set-piece.

I don't really prefer one over the other. They both have different purposes.

Who in their right mind puts Interstellar on par with A.I. or even LOTR?

You wasted time and space in this thread with nothing more than a snide put-down of someone else's taste. Why did you bother? Was that really worthy of being your 22nd contribution to the forum in more than seven years of membership? Totally baffling.

Man, La-La Land ain't kidding around with that packaging.

Tell me about it. It took forever before I could take the CD out. Fast shipping though. Only 4 days from the US to The Netherlands.

It sounded like Williams's demo for a N64 Ledend of Zelda score.

Man, La-La Land ain't kidding around with that packaging.

Tell me about it. It took forever before I could take the CD out. Fast shipping though. Only 4 days from the US to The Netherlands.

Still nothing from SAE and no word on the shipping status. This is probably the last time I buy from them.

Wait... what? How did Star Wars Prequel bashing find it's way into a thread about the A.I. 3-CD set? LOL! Some things never change here! :P

Got mine today (ordered it as soon as I could Tuesday, got shipping notification sometime later that night, tracked it to my home today), it is glorious. Looks amazing, sounds amazing. Really a definitive release... if only all releases were like this! Bravo! :)

Hadn't listened to anything from the score in a good while... damn Abandoned, Blue Fairy and Reunion music got the tears a little welled up just like 10 or 15 years ago. Damn you, Williams! lol!

Am I the only one that prefers "Finding the Blue Fairy (alternate)" to the other options (Disc 1 main take and A.I. Theme vocal version)? At least I'm starting to feel that way.

I mean, it's degrees of awesomeness, I love all the music.

Who in their right mind puts Interstellar on par with A.I. or even LOTR?

You wasted time and space in this thread with nothing more than a snide put-down of someone else's taste. Why did you bother? Was that really worthy of being your 22nd contribution to the forum in more than seven years of membership? Totally baffling.

I apologize, if you took offense. Maybe it came out a little harder than intended but I was actually surprised to see - in my view - a rather odd combination of soundtracks being referred to as the "shrine of greatness" and the "holy trinity". (I was so surprised, that it was like seeing someone cross the river for water! Who in their right mind crosses the river for water?) My intention was for the comment to be more "cheeky" than "snide". Didn't mean to hurt you feelings. Sorry.

I'm as excited about the a new JW-release as any other JWfaner on the boards and have been checking in from time to time to keep up with the good news. But what is the point of an open forum if people aren't allowed to join discussions and be baffled by what other people write. As I've apparently baffled you! And it begs the question why it should matter whether it's my first post or my 11 203:rd?

And it begs the question why it should matter whether it's my first post or my 11 203:rd?

Your time here to postcount ratio indicates very selective posting. Seemed strange that such a post would qualify as worth making, then.

However, your apology is accepted. This cooperation will be taken into account when judging any future transgressions.

Don't be afraid to express your opinion. TheGreyPilgim is just a bully.

Yes. Bully someone long enough and they become one themselves!