A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) - 2015 3CD set from La-La Land Records

Jay

I'm pretty sure I heard it in one of the tracks following track 3. I will get back on this.

There is another english horn melody in track 4 but it's not the same.

Maybe you mistook that one for the same melody.

Yeah, that must be it. Just started to listen to the full score and there is such of wealth of thematic and melodic material to discover. I think this release is simply fantastic.

I think it is just a one off melody. The score has a lot of these little gorgeous woodwind moments throughout. :)

I think the A.I. theme (which appears in various tracks) is my favourite theme from this score, more than Monica's theme.

Especially its B section.

I have to agree. It really encapsulates beautifully both the spiritual depth of the character's wish to become human and the deep tragedy of the actual impossibility of that happening through the Blue Fairy. And yes the B section is tremendously poignant.

It's easily my favorite theme in the score. I'll never call it the AI Theme though. It's the Blue Fairy Theme.

It's easily my favorite theme in the score. I'll never call it the AI Theme though. It's the Blue Fairy Theme.

Ditto.

My favorite is the Abandoned in the Woods theme (I'm probably in the minority here), followed by Monica's Theme and the Blue Fairy Theme.

My favorite is the Abandoned in the Woods theme (I'm probably in the minority here), followed by Monica's Theme and the Blue Fairy Theme.

You are the Minority Report that proves the rule. ;)

Also, I don't know why but the most hair raising moment for me both in the film and the score, is in the mecha world track when the lions appear and the film shows the wide shot!

starting from 3.00 with peak at 3.08''

Maybe it's because David (in his point of view) is so much close to his answer.

It's that "Wow!" you feel when you think that you are a breath away from fulfilling your dream, only to be disappointed shortly afterwards (usually) :P

That Blue Fairy statue he sees in the sea freaks me out. Those dead eyes. Looks like some spooky Virgin Mary statue staring down at you in a church.

And David mistakes a Virgin Mary statue in Rouge City for Blue Fairy in the movie.

Anyone else notice the disc art represents an act of the film?

Disc 1 features David with Monica from the first act, Disc 2 has David with Joe from the second act, and Disc 3 has David with an Advanced Mecha from the third act.

Yes I thought it was a neat little design touch. :)

This whole set is nothing short of perfect!

But then, I've been very impressed with LLL lately, especially with Empire of the Sun, Rosewood, and the 2 Home Alone releases.

I love that too.

But i like all the score in its entirety. Some of the best music by the maestro.

Abandoned in the Woods theme is EASILY my second favorite theme in the score, Josh

Abandoned in the Woods theme is EASILY my second favorite theme in the score, Josh

Great!

This theme... it expresses so much: jealousy, wild desperation, a violent sea of rage and frustration, lonely abandonment, and finally exhausted resignation... none of it positive, but nevertheless it has such a heartbreaking elegance to it. One of the most impressive (and expressive) themes JW has ever created, in my book.

Yup. It's so eery in David Studies Monica and Monica's Plan and then just explodes in Abandoned In The Woods

At first, I thought it was your reflection in the "A" of AI, and I was like: "Holy shit, KK looks like Haley Joel Osment!"

You caught me. I am who you say I am.

filmmusic, thanks for the correction re: Cryogenics Extension. I had received some bad info before, and now it all makes sense. They did still in fact rerecord the entire cue though, with the Extension; It wasn't an Insert added to the old recording.

I do wonder what the original version of that scene was like! I mean the cue is 3 1/2 minutes long, and in the final film its only like a minute!

Anyone else notice the disc art represents an act of the film?

Disc 1 features David with Monica from the first act, Disc 2 has David with Joe from the second act, and Disc 3 has David with an Advanced Mecha from the third act.

I noticed that as soon as the picture spread was posted! Nice touch.

I do wonder what the original version of that scene was like! I mean the cue is 3 1/2 minutes long, and in the final film its only like a minute!

Maybe the scene was like this always, but they just decided not to use the entire cue but only a minute of it?

I should check the film to see if the cue fits.

No, that's not what happened.

The original scene Williams scored was way longer; It was trimmed down after the score recording sessions. Once "Sleeping Beauty" starts playing in the film, that's already past where Williams full original cue would have played. When "Cryogenics" begins playing again after that, that's where "Henry Is Selected" would have gone, had it been used (and not been replaced by this tracked portion of Cryogenics).

So clearly in the original cue, a lot more stuff happened before Monica started playing Sleeping Beauty for her son and began reading to him, but who knows what it was!

I've gotten mine. :)

And I think today will be the day I listen to it. I've been on JH for two weeks, and it's time to move on to other things. This seems like the best place to start.

Win!

Yes I was happy I got a chance to listen to it so many times before the JH situation. JH is still all I've listened to (score-wise) since.

No, that's not what happened.

The original scene Williams scored was way longer; It was trimmed down after the score recording sessions. Once "Sleeping Beauty" starts playing in the film, that's already past where Williams full original cue would have played. When "Cryogenics" begins playing again after that, that's where "Henry Is Selected" would have gone, had it been used (and not been replaced by this tracked portion of Cryogenics).

So clearly in the original cue, a lot more stuff happened before Monica started playing Sleeping Beauty for her son and began reading to him, but who knows what it was!

Hmm; that is interesting. I thought that Cybertronics was intended to start earlier then when it starts in the final film, possibly during the discussion that Professor Hobby makes.

I also noticed that Reading the Words is significantly longer than in the final film, and Martin and David is a little longer than in the final film.

The entire film was clearly worked on extensively after the version Williams scored to

Aggravating that Spielberg films on disc often don't contain deleted scenes. I wonder why Jaws, CETK, E.T., and The Lost World: Jurassic Park were the exception?

And 1941 had the extended cut and Raiders had deleted footage in the doc.

So all his old films, then The Lost World. Though in The Lost World's case the extra scenes had aired in an extended cut on tv

I didn't care for the boardroom scene since all that was covered in Hammond and Malcolm's scene anyway. But I like the cafe scene with Pete Postlethwaite because it mirrors the lunch scene that introduces Newman in Jurassic Park 1.

GREAT NEWS -- AI is BACK IN STOCK and NOW SHIPPING!
Sorry for the delay, folks. Anyone who ordered AI last week/early this week shall have their AI cds shipped asap! We are getting to them all as fast as we can. Over 2000 units are gone!
Also, don't forget to take advantage of our WORLD WIDE FREE SHIPPING sale this week (when your order is for $35.00 or more). Offer expires next Monday July 13, at 11:59 pm pst

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10153555766968755

Great to hear the set is selling so well. Over 2000 gone already. :)

Well, it may soon sell out at LLL, but that doesn't mean you can't still get it at Amazon mp, ebay, etc.

If you really want it, that is.

Well, it may soon sell out at LLL, but that doesn't mean you can't still get it at Amazon mp, ebay, etc. 

If you really want it, that is.

Still no word from SAE :angry:

Dude, SAE isn't going to reach out to you. They just ship whenever they get the items in stock.

I emailed them today and they said they have not received the rest of their stock. They think they might hear tomorrow. If they don't get word tomorrow then I'm going to cancel my order.

My copy was wrapped in a huge amount of padding so luckily no cracked case this time.