A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) - 2015 3CD set from La-La Land Records

Jay

They're not really alternates. They both appear in the film, though incomplete and intercut with each other. Rightfully, Part 1 and Part 2 would represent each cue in their entirety.

The choral opening of Stored Memories and Monica's Theme segues into the "alternate" Stored Memories cue, cutting off the last few minutes of the former as heard on the original album and first first few minutes of the latter as heard on the promo. Simple.

Something else:

There are 2 versions of Journey through Ice (which are labeled as Stored memories in the promo)

Could it be really part 1 & 2 in the track list?

Although, if the one is an alternate it should be in Disc 3.

I was wondering about that too. The reason we know about [Version II] of 7M3 is because of Wrobel's Rundown. I am wondering if he made a mistake, and its actually supposed to be called "Part 2". That would explain everything.

the promo has stored memories part 1 and 2, not alternates...

or at least people's edits labeled them so.

well here it says alternate.

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/35733/A.I.%3A+Artificial+Intelligence

it seemed to me that the chorus piece that starts the alternate, is an alternate for the chorus piece used in the film.

Something else:

There are 2 versions of Journey through Ice (which are labeled as Stored memories in the promo)

Could it be really part 1 & 2 in the track list?

Although, if the one is an alternate it should be in Disc 3.

I was wondering about that too. The reason we know about [Version II] of 7M3 is because of Wrobel's Rundown. I am wondering if he made a mistake, and its actually supposed to be called "Part 2". That would explain everything.

Nope!

It's 100% Version II! ;)

the promo has stored memories part 1 and 2, not alternates...

or at least people's edits labeled them so.

Disc 1 Track 4 of the promo was "7M3 Journey Through The Ice" and "7M5 'What Is Your Wish?'", combined just like they were on the OST (track 8 Stored Memories / Monica's Theme) (only this time not microedited)

Disc 1 Track 6 of the promo was "7M4 Stored Images"

Nope!

It's 100% Version II! ;)

So then, I guess either Version II was never recorded, or Williams asked for the recording to not be released on this set.

Ok, I figured it out.(watching the scene and hearing the promo tracks)

There was a 7m3 originally and a 7m3 Version II.

The film uses in the beginning the choir piece of Version II but then it uses the 2ns part of original 7m3.

So, one is alternate of the other.

There is no part 1 and 2.

Nope!

It's 100% Version II! ;)

So then, I guess either Version II was never recorded, or Williams asked for the recording to not be released on this set.

Version II is promo D1T4 0.00-4.36.

Nope!

It's 100% Version II! ;)

Wait, what?

I thought D1T4 of the Oscar promo was 7m3 from 0:00-5:40, and then 7m5 from 5:40-end

What is 4:36-5:40 then?

Ok. I'm going to add to this post and you should all wait and just read it, because I've explained this twice now and apparently no one is seeing it. And I'm getting confused too.

That ^^^ is 7m3 Version II. 7m3 Version I is Stored Images from the promo. 7m4 is called Stored Images in the score, but it actually is what underscores David's return home and the first part of the conversation with the Blue Fairy.

Therefore. Journey Through The Ice Part 1 is probably 7m3 Version II, Journey Through The Ice Part 2 is probably 7m3 Version I, Stored Images is 7m4, and What Is Your Wish? is definitely 7m5.

So where's the original Version of 7M3 then? On the OST?

I don't remember the OST.

anyway, it's like this.

7m3 original: promo D1T6

7m3 version II: promo D1T4 0.00-4.36

FIlm version of 7m3: D1T4 0.00-2.21 approx + D1T6 2.23 approx. - end

The choral opening of Stored Memories and Monica's Theme segues into the "alternate" Stored Memories cue, cutting off the last few minutes of the former as heard on the original album and first first few minutes of the latter as heard on the promo. Simple.

I don't understand this, could you explain it in a different way, possibly using timestamps?

No, isn't D1T6 "7M4 Stored Images" ?

Nope!

It's 100% Version II! ;)

Wait, what?

I thought D1T4 of the Oscar promo was 7m3 from 0:00-5:40, and then 7m5 from 5:40-end

What is 4:36-5:40 then?

7m4!

Ok. I'm going to add to this post and you should all wait and just read it, because I've explained this twice now and apparently no one is seeing it. And I'm getting confused too.

That ^^^ is 7m3 Version II. 7m3 Version I is Stored Images from the promo. 7m4 is called Stored Images in the score, but it actually is what underscores David's return home and the conversation with the Blue Fairy.

Therefore. Journey Through The Ice Part 1 is probably 7m3 Version II, Journey Through The Ice Part 2 is probably 7m3 Version I, Stored Images is 7m4, and What Is Your Wish? is definitely 7m5.

What Is Your Wish? is definitely 7m4.

but 7M5 is called "What Is Your Wish" in the sheets, not 7M4....

What Is Your Wish? is definitely 7m4.

No it's not.

7m4 is Stored images.

7m5 is What is your wish.

i think it would be wiser not to use the titles, because there is a false labeling in the osts/promos.

What we call Stored Images, is really the Journey through the ice cues.

Ok, I figured it out.(watching the scene and hearing the promo tracks)

There was a 7m3 originally and a 7m3 Version II.

The film uses in the beginning the choir piece of Version II but then it uses the 2ns part of original 7m3.

So, one is alternate of the other.

There is no part 1 and 2.

It's not unusual for JW (especially in case of Spielberg films) to have at least a couple of different versions for a certain cue and then let Spielberg decide what he likes more. I guess it's something that pertains to his method of tackling the more difficult scenes, where there's surely more than one way to approach them. In case of this specific cue and its alternate, it seems to me that Williams tried a more atmospheric Ligeti-like pass for one version with less evident sync points and then a more "cue-y" version.

OK. LET'S TRY AGAIN.

0:00-4:34 is 7m3 Version II.

4:34-7:32 is 7m4.

7:32-end is 7m5.

7m3 Version I is Stored Images from the promo.

Now. On the new album. I expect that Journey Through The Ice Part 1 will be 7m3 Version II. Journey Through The Ice Part II will be 7m3 Version I. Stored Images is 7m4. What Is Your Wish? is 7m5.

Let me see if I can figure it out.

OSCAR PROMO

Oscar Promo Disc 1, Track 4 (sometimes labeled by fans as "Stored Memories and Monica's Theme")
[0:00-4:36] = 7M3 Journey Through The Ice (Version II)
[4:36-7:37] = 7M4 Stored Images
[7:37-end] = 7M5 What Is Your Wish?

Oscar Promo Disc 1, Track 6 (sometimes labeled by fans as "Stored Memories (Alternate Cue")
[all] = 7m3 Journey Through The Ice

OST

OST Track 8 ("Stored Memories / Monica's Theme")
[0:00-4:36] = 7M3 Journey Through The Ice
[4:36-7:37] = 7M4 Stored Images
[7:37-end] = 7M5 What Is Your Wish?

Is that right?

And The LLL is probably

2-04 Journey Through The Ice (Part 1)
[all] = 7M3 Journey Through The Ice (Version II)

2-05 Journey Through The Ice (Part 2)
[all] = 7M3 Journey Through The Ice

2-06 Stored Memories
[all] = 7M4 Stored Images

2-07 What Is Your Wish?
[all] = 7M5 What Is Your Wish

How's that?

I'm lost again!

I repeat and update:

7m3 version II: promo D1T4: 0.00-4.36

Film version of 7m3: D1T4: 0.00-2.21 approx + D1T6: 2.23 approx. - end (= first part of Version II + second part of original version)

7m4 Stored images: promo D1T4: 4:36-7.37

7m5 What is Your Wish: promo D1T4: 7.37- end

So, in reality I think the Journey through the ice tracks should not be labeled as part 1 and 2 (if that's the case), but as original and alternate.

OK look at my updated post right before yours and tell me what you think

Now. On the new album. I expect that Journey Through The Ice Part 1 will be 7m3 Version II. Journey Through The Ice Part II will be 7m3 Version I. And What Is Your Wish? will be 7m4 and 7m5.

You seem to keep not noticing that the Part 1 and Part 2 Journey through the Ice cues are tracks 4 and 5, and What is Your Wish is track 7 - you're neglecting there's a Track 6 called Stored Memories.

OK look at my updated post right before yours and tell me what you think

Now. On the new album. I expect that Journey Through The Ice Part 1 will be 7m3 Version II. Journey Through The Ice Part II will be 7m3 Version I. And What Is Your Wish? will be 7m4 and 7m5.

You seem to keep not noticing that the Part 1 and Part 2 Journey through the Ice cues are tracks 4 and 5, and What is Your Wish is track 7 - you're neglecting there's a Track 6 called Stored Memories.

Yes, you've got it right about the promo.

I don't know about the OST because i don't remember it. I have heard it very few times.

and probably the LLL is like you say, but it shouldn't be part 1 and part 2.

Yes Jay you've got it. I didn't see that 7m4 and 7m5 were indeed split up on the LLL tracklist - sorry if that caused any confusion.

Yea, I just mentioned that :)

ok all the music is there.

Must have been labeled like that in LLL set because in the film the use parts of both and they have put them in their entirety in their most 'chronologically' possible way.

Do they sound very different (i dont remember)? I hate having two cues (alternates) in a row. But i dont really think i cant complain here.

I don't know about the OST because i don't remember it. I have heard it very few times.

Well... why not play it right now and tell us if I'm right about it?

ok all the music is there.

Must have been labeled like that because in the film the use parts of both and they have put them 'chronologically'

Yes, I think that must be the case.

Well... why not play it right now and tell us if I'm right about it?

yes, it's like you said.

I was wondering if the lalaland edition is like this:

Journey through the ice part 1: part 1 of original + part 1 of Version II

Journey through the ice part 2: part 2 of original + part 2 of Version II

although it doesn't make sense.

Part 1 & 2 of each version are linked.

And still even LLL couldnt label them correctly, not even with Williams imput!

well, does it indeed say part 1 and 2? maybe it says something else?

I'm pretty sure Matessino (with a little help of JW) figured out the best presentation possibile for us :)

It's not a matter of presentation.

It's a matter of labeling.

part 1 and 2 suggest that 2 comes after 1.

While in reality 2 is an alternate of 1! ;)

Anyway,those are very small details.

I'm pretty sure Matessino (with a little help of JW) figured out the best presentation possibile for us :)

Vero! ;)

For the love of god, i hope not.

Vero! ;)

For the love of god, i hope not.

:P

Yes, it was silly of me to think that this could be the case.

I think I got it all figured out.

Take a look at this and tell me what you think

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ozno1qF5SBxEyyYIQWyMf0vlwBoR23D_HrbEjHTm_Sw/pubhtml

I can't check all the cues now, but the cues we are discussing now are good! ;)