Bespin

This one too:

336_772417.jpg

Jericho/The Ghostbreaker

Previously unreleased scores (1966/1965); The Ghostbreaker's music Composed and Conducted by John Williams; Film Score Monthly

IMDB lists Ghostbreakers as 1967, but also says it was filmed in 1962!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0447171/

(And also calls it Ghostbreakers instead of Ghostbreaker)!

In this case, IMDB is wrong (I trust Jon Burlingame and Jeff Eldridge's liner notes more). The pilot was filmed in December-1964 (perhaps that's where I got my date from in my listing?) for a supposed 1965 airdate. Then after some rounds and NBC finally refused it, it sat on the shelf for a couple of years untill it was shown once in 1967 as part of a series on unsold pilots. The correct title is what the CD is called -- THE GHOSTBREAKER.

Wish there was some way to view it. Alas, I have been unable to track down a copy of the pilot.

Some EPs and Singles of Vic Damone, Mahalia Jackson and Frankie Laine added.

I surely don't have all of them, but ehh... Singles, that's not the easiest part to do!

Please fell free to tell me if something is missing, thanks.

Someone added this new entry in the disco, can someone validate that it's really our JW?

Folk Songs for Far Out Folk

Fred Katz

Piano: Johnny T. Williams; Warner Bros.; Reissued in 2007, Reebot Stereophonic Records.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_Songs_for_Far_Out_Folk

Someone added this new entry in the disco, can someone validate that it's really our JW?

Fred Katz

Piano: Johnny T. Williams; Warner Bros.; Reissued in 2007, Reebot Stereophonic Records.

Yes, it is our Williams. A pretty cool album too.

Fred Katz

Yes, it is our Williams. A pretty cool album too.

So it's a great contribution, thanks to "DISEman".

BTW it's great that some contributors started to create proper articles for albums and linked them to my disco, that's the goal.

Eventually, all single entries on the disco should link to an article containing more infos about the album or single.

If you want to participate... :)

Fred Katz

As mentioned earlier, it is "our" Williams. But he only plays in a third of the tracks. Really worth getting it, by the way.

If someone can help me with the EPs and singles section of the disco, you are welcome! I discover that this neglected section is not the easiest to fill... :)

• 3 weeks later...

I thought John Williams had be personally involved in the recording for it to qualify for your listings?

The main disco is organized for JW as a "performer" (like a normal discography), because most of his recordings fits in this category. But I also added a complementary and essential section of JW's discography "as a composer".

To make the contrary would have been less significant. To set the main disco "as a performer" allows, by example, to list all the Boston Pops albums together in a chronological order, whether he plays his own compositions or not, etc.

The fact is that John Williams is not only a composer, he himself recorded the majority of his works, but also conducted many works he didn't

composed, aside from having started his career as a pianist, so that's his very complex reality.

The goal is to regroup ALL the recordings in one single page, trying to avoid doubles (except for the "Concert Works" section, where I try to list every thing that has been recorded by him or not).

New addition to the "Colalborations and guest appearances" section: Lost in Space 50th Anniversary Soundtrack Collection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Williams_discography#Collaborations_and_guest_appearances

Can anyone tell me the infos about the original issue of this album?

Don Fagerquist: Portrait Of A Great Jazz Artist (1956)

(Reissued in 2005, Fresh Sound Records, FSRCD 2212)

I'll have to check my copy of the CD, but I believe that CD takes material from multiple recordings.

Ok I get it, the 5 tracks where John Williams plays are taken from the two Russell Garcia albums.

Case closed!

Those Garcia albums are interesting -- one of the first, if not the first album assignment Williams was involved with after moving back to LA (he hardly worked on any films in 56 and 57...it was all about jazz albums of various kinds).

• 3 weeks later...

October 30th, international reissue of the 4-CD boxset previously issued in 2013 for France by SONY MUSIC.

Great%20movie%20soundtracks%208887512732

Sabrina, the teenage Witch? :pat:

Disc: 1
1. Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone - Harry's Wonderful World - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra / David Arnold
2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: End Credits - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra / John Williams
3. Dartmoor, 1912 - John Williams
4. Sabrina: Theme - John Williams / Itzhak Perlman
5. Theme from"Far and Away" - John Williams / Itzhak Perlman
6. American Journey / I. Immigration and Building - John Williams
7. American Journey / II. The Country at War - John Williams
8. American Journey / III. Popular Entertainment - John Williams
9. American Journey / IV. Arts and Sports - John Williams
10. American Journey / V. Civil Rights and the Women's Movement - John Williams
11. American Journey / VI. Flight and Technology - John Williams
12. Suite for Cello and Orchestra from "Memoirs of a Geisha" / Sayuri's Theme - Yo-Yo Ma / John Williams / Chicago Symphony Orchestra
13. Suite for Cello and Orchestra from "Memoirs of a Geisha" / Going to School - Yo-Yo Ma / John Williams / Chicago Symphony Orchestra
14. Suite for Cello and Orchestra from "Memoirs of a Geisha" / The Chairman's Waltz - Yo-Yo Ma / John Williams / Chicago Symphony Orchestra
15. Suite for Cello and Orchestra from "Memoirs of a Geisha" / Brush on Silk - Yo-Yo Ma / John Williams / Chicago Symphony Orchestra
16. Suite for Cello and Orchestra from "Memoirs of a Geisha" / Chiyo's Prayer - Yo-Yo Ma / John Williams / Chicago Symphony Orchestra
17. Suite for Cello and Orchestra from "Memoirs of a Geisha" / Becoming A Geisha - Yo-Yo Ma / John Williams / Chicago Symphony Orchestra

Disc: 2
1. Theme from "Jaws" - London Symphony Orchestra / John Williams
2. Out to Sea / The Shark Cage Fugue from "Jaws" - John Williams / The Boston Pops Orchestra
3. Adventures on Earth from "E.T." - John Williams / The Boston Pops Orchestra
4. Flying Theme (From "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial") - London Symphony Orchestra / John Williams
5. The Adventures of Tintin - John Williams
6. The People's House - John Williams
7. Suite from "Born on the Fourth of July" / I. Theme from "Born on the Fourth of July" - John Williams / The Boston Pops Orchestra
8. Suite from "Born on the Fourth of July" / II. Cua Viet River, Vietnam 1968 - John Williams / The Boston Pops Orchestra
9. Suite from "Born on the Fourth of July" / III. Massapequa...The Early Days - John Williams / The Boston Pops Orchestra
10. Theme (From "Schindler's List") - John Williams & Itzhak Perlman
11. Theme (From "Jurassic Park") - John Williams
12. Cadillac of the Skies from "Empire of the Sun" - John Williams / The Boston Pops Orchestra
13. Close Encounters of the Third Kind/When You Wish Upon a Star Medley - John Williams / The Boston Pops Orchestra
14. Theme from "Sugarland Express" - John Williams / The Boston Pops Orchestra

Disc: 3
1. Episode I - Star Wars Main Title and the Arrival at Naboo - John Williams / London Symphony Orchestra / London Voices
2. The Flag Parade - London Symphony Orchestra
3. Episode I - Qui-Gon's Noble End - John Williams / London Symphony Orchestra / London Voices
4. Jango's Escape - London Symphony Orchestra / John Williams
5. Yoda and the Younglings - London Symphony Orchestra / John Williams
6. General Grievous - John Williams / London Voices / London Symphony Orchestra
7. Anakin's Dark Deeds - John Williams / London Voices / London Symphony Orchestra
8. Imperial Attack - London Symphony Orchestra / John Williams
9. Ben Kenobi's Death / Tie Fighter Attack - London Symphony Orchestra / John Williams
10. Yoda and the Force - John Williams
11. The Clash of Lightsabers - John Williams
12. Sail Barge Assault - London Symphony Orchestra
13. End Title from "Star Wars Episode VI" - London Symphony Orchestra

Disc: 4
1. Air and Simple Gifts - Yo-Yo Ma
2. Song for World Peace - John Williams
3. Summon the Heroes (For Tim Morrison) - John Williams
4. Hymn to New England - John Williams / Utah Symphony Orchestra
5. The Five Sacred Trees (Concerto for Bassoon and Orchestra) / I. Eó Mugna - London Symphony Orchestra / John Williams / Judith LeClair
6. The Five Sacred Trees (Concerto for Bassoon and Orchestra) / II. Tortan - London Symphony Orchestra / John Williams / Judith LeClair
7. The Five Sacred Trees (Concerto for Bassoon and Orchestra) / III. Eó Rossa - London Symphony Orchestra / John Williams / Judith LeClair
8. The Five Sacred Trees (Concerto for Bassoon and Orchestra) / IV. Craeb Uisnig - London Symphony Orchestra / John Williams / Judith LeClair
9. The Five Sacred Trees (Concerto for Bassoon and Orchestra) / V. Dathi - London Symphony Orchestra / John Williams / Judith LeClair
10. Sound the Bells! - John Williams
11. Elegy for Cello and Orchestra - Yo-Yo Ma
12. The Mission Theme (Theme for NBC News) - John Williams
13. March from 1941 - John Williams / The Boston Pops Orchestra
14. The Olympic Spirit - John Williams

The only new thing I see here, is the isolated "Flag parade".

This cue is merged with others on the original and expanded set of TPM.

Are you sure it is separated from the Arrival to Tatooine on this set? Sounds like too much work for Sony.

And :lol: at the Sabrina the Teenage Witch gaff.

Are you sure it is separated from the Arrival to Tatooine on this set? Sounds like too much work for Sony.

Not sure, but I wish.

Other orchestra have reprised this work and it became a great highlight of the score, so it would be normal to release the original recorded version.

The montage is not impossible to achieve for us, we have a clear fade out ending on the original album, and a clear intro on the ultimate one.

But on the master tapes, Sony has it all alone and clean, as the piece was recorded all alone for the movie.

Anyway, I'm not sure of the Star Wars selection... That's a very strange compilation for Sony Classical. They souldn't have used the lineup of the french 2013 release...

And one thing that is put into evidence, is the cruel lack of a re-recording of Harry Potter's music by JW himself on Sony label...

Another new compilation to come on Decca.

714XdTf6JQL._SX425_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Selection-JOHN-WILLIAMS/dp/B01576XBV6

The content is detailed on the amazon.co.jp site, wow it help us very much... seems to be a boosted "1990-The Best of Space Music" version with few more tracks.

1. メイン・タイトル (映画『スター・ウォーズ エピソード4/新たなる希望』)
2. 王女レイアのテーマ (映画『スター・ウォーズ エピソード4/新たなる希望』)
3. 小惑星の原野 (映画『スター・ウォーズ エピソード5/帝国の逆襲』)
4. ヨーダのテーマ (映画『スター・ウォーズ エピソード5/帝国の逆襲』)
5. ダース・ベイダーのマーチ (映画『スター・ウォーズ エピソード5/帝国の逆襲』)
6. イウォーク族のパレード (映画『スター・ウォーズ エピソード6/ジェダイの帰還』)
7. ルークとレイアのテーマ (映画『スター・ウォーズ エピソード6/ジェダイの帰還』)
8. ジャバ・ザ・ハット (映画『スター・ウォーズ エピソード6/ジェダイの帰還』)
9. 森林での戦い (映画『スター・ウォーズ エピソード6/ジェダイの帰還』)
10. マーチ (映画『スーパーマン』)
11. 愛のテーマ (映画『スーパーマン』)
12. 映画『ジョーズ』:テーマ
13. 映画『未知との遭遇』:組曲
14. マーチ (映画『レイダース/失われたアーク』)
15. オリンピック・ファンファーレとテーマ (映画『レイダース/失われたアーク』)
16. フライング・テーマ (映画『E.T.』)
17. 地上の冒険 (映画『E.T.』)

Google translate!

1. In the main title (the movie "Star Wars Episode 4 / A New Hope")
2. Princess Leia's theme (the movie "Star Wars Episode 4 / A New Hope")
3. asteroid wilderness (the movie "Revenge of Star Wars Episode 5 / Empire")
4. Yoda theme (movie "Strikes Back Star Wars Episode 5 / Empire")
5. Darth Vader of March (the movie "Revenge of Star Wars Episode 5 / Empire")
6. Ewok tribe of the parade (the movie "Star Wars Episode 6 / Return of the Jedi")
7. Luke and Leia theme (the movie "Star Wars Episode 6 / Return of the Jedi")
8. Jabba the Hutt (the movie "Star Wars Episode 6 / Return of the Jedi")
9. fight in the forest (the movie "Star Wars Episode 6 / Return of the Jedi")
10. March (the movie "Superman")
11. Love Theme (the movie "Superman")
12. movie "Jaws": Theme
13. movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind": Suite
14. March (the movie "Raiders / Lost Ark")
15. Olympic Fanfare and Theme (the movie "Raiders / Lost Ark")
16. Flying theme (the movie "ET")
17. ground of adventure (the movie "E.T.")

I really never get accustomed to these BPO versions of "Jabba the hutt" and "Parade of the Ewoks", because of the poor solo parts. Two versions that aged badly I think, but the rest is No. 1.

I think Decca should have reissued "By Request..." instead. A compilation that is very hard to beat, aven after 28 years.

I really never get accustomed to these BPO versions of "Jabba the hutt" and "Parade of the Ewoks", because of the poor solo parts. Two versions that aged badly I think, but the rest is No. 1.

I think Decca should have reissued "By Request..." instead. A compilation that is very hard to beat, aven after 28 years.

Agree on "By Request...", which was my first Williams/Boston Pops CD. Remains a favorite, despite its relatively low mastering volume.

When you wish upon a Star Wars...

My friend Fabrice from France just confirmed it to me.

The version of the Flag Parade on the 2013 boxset is the original one, for the first time appearing isolated.

"THE FLAG PARADE" 2'11

JOHN WILLIAMS, LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA.

[EDIT] 2014/10/15 The piece on the compilation is only an edit (and a bad one) of the version found on the original TPM album.

Can Fabrice be trusted? His name doesn't inspire confidence!

Oh, please just don't pronunciate it like Febreze!

He's the only John Williams fan in France, he deserve our respect and must be trusted!

You can trust Fabrice on this one... though I know of at least two other Williams fans from France, and none is called Fabrice...

Though you can clearly heard the last note from Arrival at Tatooine fading away at the start of the track!

You can trust Fabrice on this one... though I know of at least two other Williams fans from France, and none is called Fabrice...

Though you can clearly heard the last note from Arrival at Tatooine fading away at the start of the track!

Oooh that's cheap. Definitely Sony worthy quality.

Ok so no interrest!

So it's not really isolated, it's an edit.

Fabrice failed us!

Well ... Lost in translation ?