Bespin

Just added to the "Discography as a composer - Concert Works" section:

Music for Brass

Gabrieli: National Brass Ensemble (2015)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Williams_discography#Concert_works

Though you can clearly heard the last note from Arrival at Tatooine fading away at the start of the track!

So it's not really isolated, it's an edit.

Fabrice failed us!

The report was Fabricated! :o

On 2015-10-21 at 0:08 PM, BloodBoal said:

I wonder how many sub-sections the Discography section will have...

You see the pic? Only three!

Laugh my friend, but my Wiki disco allows me to say so openly at all levels that The Force Awakens will be the 139th solo album of John Williams in career!

It's also his 104th movie score.

Not bad ;)

My new website is now on-line. Some sections are not completed yet and the disco needs a lot more work. All the track names, images and complete reissues will appear progressively.

Stay tuned, like they say!

John Williams – Somewehere In My Memory

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/

11254113_1184765078205994_26338056770768

A user added this entry in the collaboration section of my Wiki disco.

Any confirmation?

Introducing Jimmy Cleveland and His All Stars (1956)

220px-Introducing_Jimmy_Cleveland_and_Hi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introducing_Jimmy_Cleveland_and_His_All_Stars

A user added this entry in the collaboration section of my Wiki disco.

Any confirmation?

Introducing Jimmy Cleveland and His All Stars (1956)

220px-Introducing_Jimmy_Cleveland_and_Hi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introducing_Jimmy_Cleveland_and_His_All_Stars

The entry was removed by the user who added it on the Wiki article, as there is no evidence after consulting some experts here, that it's "our" John Williams.

Just discovered this 1958 Single recorded on Beau Monde Label. Are there any others on this Label, a part from the one with the Pixies?

R-7061921-1432818723-9558.jpeg.jpg

With Ray Vasquez / Tommy Sandi

The Bull Fighter / Where Do You Work A-John    

Beau Monde     

With The Pixies

My Johnny / Pigmy Love     

Beau Monde     

Never saw that before. You learn something new every day.

Well, that's why I created the website!

Miguel gave me the impression that there is.... another... Beau... Beau M... Beau Monde... sing......gle.........

(Sad music)

BTW, have you seen this entry on the Album page, very rare according to Miguel.

With Walter Ruick

p_l1614.jpg

South Pacific (1958, Tops Records, L1614)

Featuring John T. Williams (p).

Yes, that Williams played on SOUTH PACIFIC is common knowledge, I think, but I haven't yet acquired that album myself. As Miguel says, it's rare and not be confused with other, more commonly available SOUTH PACIFIC albums.

The "Singles" page has been added to my website.

So If you can help me to revise it you are welcome!

I noticed that I currently have no (U.S.) single for "Empire Strikes Backs", did I miss something?

With the new Jaws and Jaws 2 releases by Intrada, here is a little recap of the different US releases that where issued over the years... Times passes, 40 years already!

p_mca2087.jpg

Jaws [Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1975, MCA Records, MCA-2087)

Main Title (Theme From Jaws); Chrissie's Death; Promenade (Tourists On The Menu); Out To The Sea; The Indianapolis Story; Sea Attack Number One; One Barrel Chase; Preparing The Cage; Night Search; The Underwater Siege; Hand To Hand Combat; End Title (Theme From Jaws).

(Reissued in 1975, MCA Records, MCA-37171)

p_mca1660.jpg

(Reissued in 1980, MCA Records, MCA-1660)

p_mcad1660.jpg

(Reissued in 1992, MCA Records, MCAD-1660)

p_b002245201.jpg

(Reissued in 2015 as a LP, Geffen Records, B0022452-01)

(Reissued for digital download in 2015, Geffen Records)

p_mca3045.jpg

Jaws 2 [The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1978, MCA Records, MCA 3045)

Finding The "Orca" (Main Title); The Menu; Ballet For Divers; The Water Kite Sequence; Brody Misunderstood; The Catamaran Race; Toward Cable Junction; Attack On The Helicopter; The Open Sea; Fire Onboard And Eddie's Death; Sean's Rescue; Attack On The Water Skier; The Big Jolt!; End Title, End Cast.

p_vsd5328.jpg

(Reissued in 1990, Varèse Sarabande, VSD-5328)

(Reissued for digital download in 2015, Geffen)

p_2894670452.jpg

Jaws [The Collector's Edition Soundtrack] (1975) (2000, Decca, 289 467 045-2)

Main Title And First Victim; Empty Raft; Pier Incident; The Shark Cage Fugue; Shark Attack; Ben Gardner's Boat; Montage; Father And Son; Into The Estuary; Out To Sea; Man Against Beast; Quint's Tale; Brody Panics; Barrel Off Starboard; The Great Shark Chase; Three Barrels Under; Between Attacks; The Shark Approaches; Blown To Bits; End Titles.

p_isc331.jpg

Jaws 2 [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1978) (2015, Intrada, Special Collection Volume ISC 331)

DISC 1: Jaws 2 Main Title; The Shark Prowls; Sailing; The Water Kite; The Water Skier/Fire On Board; Catching The Cable; Brody's Thoughts/The Charred Body; The Menu (Film Version); Brody Misunderstood (Film Version); The Photo; More Boating; Ballet For Divers; Boats In Danger; Eddies Death; The Open Sea (Film Version); Rescue Party; Sinking The Catamaran; The Big Bite; Disabled Party; Munching The Helicopter; Sean's Rescue (3:03); Toward Cable Junction/More Teeth; The Big Jolt! (Extended Version); End Title/End Credits; THE EXTRAS: Jaws 2 Main Title (Alternate Take); The Menu (Alternate Take); Boats In Danger (Alternate Edit); The Big Bite (Alternate Edit); End Credits (Alternate); DISC 2 - Original 1978 MCA Soundtrack Album: Finding The Orca (Main Title); The Menu; Ballet For Divers; The Water Kite Sequence; Brody Misunderstood; The Catamaran Race; Toward Cable Junction; Attack On The Helicopter; The Open Sea; Fire Aboard And Eddies Death; Seans Rescue; Attack On The Water Skier; The Big Jolt!; End Title/End Cast.)

p_7145.jpg

Jaws [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1975) (2015, Intrada, INT 7145)

DISC 1: Jaws – Main Title; The First Victim; Remains On The Beach; The Empty Raft (Extended Version); The Pier Incident; Father And Son (Film Version); The Alimentary Canal; Ben Gardner's Boat; Montage; Into The Estuary; Out To Sea (Film Version); Tug On The Line; Man Against Beast (Film Version); Quint's Tale; Brody Panics; Barrel Off Starboard; Great Chase; Shark Tows Orca; Three Barrels Under; From Bad To Worse; Quint Thinks It Over; The Shark Cage Fugue; The Shark Approaches (Film Version); The Shark Hits The Cage; Quint Meets His End; Blown To Bits; Jaws – End Title; THE EXTRAS: Jaws – Main Title (Alternate); The Typewriter; Man Against Beast (Alternate); Barrel Off Starboard (Alternate Segment); Great Chase (Alternate); Shark Tows Orca (Alternate); The Shark Approaches (Alternate); Quint Meets His End (Alternate); Wild Shark Theme; DISC 2 - Original 1975 MCA Soundtrack Album: Main Title (Theme From Jaws); Chrissie's Death; Promenade (Tourists On The Menu); Out To Sea; The Indianapolis Story; Sea Attack Number One; One Barrel Chase; Preparing The Cage; Night Search; The Underwater Siege; Hand To Hand Combat; End Title (Theme From Jaws); THE EXTRAS MUSIC FROM AMITY TOWN BEACH: Joplin Rag (Original Rag) (Scott Joplin); Winter Stories Waltz (Alphons Czibulka); In The Good Old Summertime (George Evans & Ren Shields); Thousand And One Nights Waltz (Johann Strauss Jr.); Marching Band No. 1; Marching Band No. 2.

I just discovered that two versions of the E.T. OST exists on CD : an analog one, and a digital one.

The analog one, released in 1987 (MCAD-31073), with a lot of tape hiss.

And the digital one (MCAD-37264) released in 19??...

The OST was digitally reissued by Geffen in 2015, I assume it's the digital one?

Since CD can only ever be digital, do you mean one release was AAD and the other ADD?

From what I understand, E.T. was recorded digitally AND also on tape.

So one of the CD presents the recording from the tape and the other from the digital recording.

I read on Steve Hoffman forum, that the two recordings are easy to identify, because of the tape hiss.

I assume you this is the thread you got your info from?

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/original-mca-e-t-soundtrack-cd-aad-or-ddd.62501/#post-1315267

The OST was digitally reissued by Geffen in 2015, I assume it's the digital one?

I know it was reissued this year on vinyl, didnt hear about a digital release

Yes, I bought them both back in the day. From what I remember I really enjoyed the clarity of the digital recording, as opposed to the "more conventional" sound of the analog one. But that's just the perception of a teenager in the early '80s, when most LPs were made from analog recordings, so anything labeled as digital was supposed to sound great. I cannot deny or confirm this since it's been over 25 years since I last played them and I don't own a record player anymore.

What do you mean? You know there already is one

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QpVGzKLbN19_Tw2lwEU7LVglmqL3ogBrUWhTVUwHjww/pubhtml

Unless you're talking about this analog/digital business. Well, I couldn't care less about that stuff.

Some future specialty label expansion will bring us all the music from the best sounding masters. I can wait for that and just enjoy my custom complete score edit until then.

Mike Matessino has expressed his love for that score, too. All we need is for Universal to be willing to license it out!