Bespin

Ol' Many is coming to town... Well it seems I completely forgot this HA2 Compilation on my sites.  I remember having seen this album before, but I never really understood what it contained... and it fell between two chairs.

I know since 10 minutes that Bette Midler recorded a cover of "Somewhere in My Memory" for it...

Is there any other "previously unreleased stuff" on this 1992 compilation?

R-837673-1163911751.jpeg.jpg

I remember how tricky it was to find the Fox score album of HOME ALONE 2 in the early and mid 90s. All I could find everywhere was the abovementioned songtrack. Untill I -- amazingly -- found the Fox album in a used record store here in Oslo. Weird to think that even this songtrack is getting hard to find these days. Does the expanded HOME ALONE 2 album contain these songs?

Well that's the time of the year for a little recap of 2016!

p_l45753_4.jpg

Star Wars [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] / London SO (1977, 20th Century Records, L 45753/4 [2T-54])

DISC 1: Main Title; Imperial Attack; Princess Leia's Theme; The Desert And The Robot Auction; Ben's Death And TIE Fighter Attack; The Little People Work; Rescue Of The Princess; Inner City; Cantina Band; DISC 2: The Land Of The Sand People; Mouse Robot And Blasting Off; The Return Home; The Walls Converge; The Princess Appears; The Last Battle; The Throne Room And End Title.

(Released in 1977, 20th Century Records, 2T-541 [0898])

(Reissued in 1977, RSO, 2T-541)

p_8000962.jpg

(Reissued in 1986, Polydor, 800 096-2)

p_sw_2lp_2016.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as 2-LP "Limited Edition Gold Vinyl", Sony)

p_sw_2lp_201609.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as 2-LP "Limited Edition Picture Disc", Super Deluxe Edition)

p_rs24201.jpg

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back [The Original Soundtrack From The Motion Picture] / London SO (1980, RSO, RS-2-4201)

DISC 1: Star Wars (Main Theme); Yoda's Theme; The Training Of A Jedi Knight; The Heroics Of Luke And Han; The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme); Departure Of Boba Fett; Han Solo And The Princess; Hyperspace; The Battle In The Snow; DISC 2: The Asteroid Field; The City In The Clouds; Rebels At Bay; Yoda And The Force; The Duel; The Magic Tree; Lando's Palace; Finale.

(Reissued in 1980, Polydor, 827-580-1)

p_rpo4201.jpg

(Released from promo in 1980, RSO, RPO-4201)

The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme); Yoda's Theme; The Asteroid Field; Han Solo And The Princess; Finale; Star Wars (Main Theme); Yoda And The Force; The Training Of A Jedi Knight; The Duel; Lando's Palace.

p_8252982.jpg

(Reissued in 1985, Polydor, 825 298-2)

The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme); Yoda's Theme; The Asteroid Field; Han Solo And The Princess; Finale; Star Wars (Main Theme); Yoda And The Force; The Training Of A Jedi Knight; The Duel; Lando's Palace.

p_esb_2lp_2016.jpg

p_8117671_Y1.jpg

Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi [The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] / London SO (1983, RSO, 811 767-1 Y-1/422-811 767-1 Y-1)

Main Title (The Story Continues); Into The Trap; Luke And Leia; Parade Of The Ewoks; Han Solo Returns (At The Court Of Jabba The Hutt); Lapti Nek (Jabba's Palace Band); The Forest Battle; Rebel Briefing; The Emperor; The Return Of The Jedi; Ewok Celebration And Finale.

(Released in 1983, RSO, RXS 1-3101)

p_8117671.jpg

(Reissued in 1983, Polydor, 811 767-1)

p_8117672.jpg

(Reissued in 1986, Polydor, 811 767-2)

p_rotj_2016.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as "Limited Edition Gold Vinyl", Sony)

p_sk89965b.jpg

p_sk89965c.jpg

p_sk89965d.jpg

p_sk89965.jpg

Star Wars – Episode II: Attack of the Clones [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] / London SO (2002, Sony Classical, SK 89965)

Star Wars Main Title And Ambush On Coruscant; Love Theme From Attack Of The Clones; Zam The Assassin And The Chase Through Coruscant; Yoda And The Younglings; Departing Coruscant; Anakin And Padme; Jango's Escape; The Meadow Picnic; Bounty Hunter's Pursuit; Return To Tatooine; The Tusken Camp And The Homestead; Love Pledge And The Arean; Confrontation With Count Dooku And Finale.

p_sk89989.jpg

(Released as an Enhanced CD in 2002, Sony Classical, SK 89989)

Star Wars Main Title And Ambush On Coruscant; Love Theme From Attack Of The Clones; Zam The Assassin And The Chase Through Coruscant; Yoda And The Younglings; Departing Coruscant; Anakin And Padme; Jango's Escape; The Meadow Picnic; Bounty Hunter's Pursuit; Return To Tatooine; The Tusken Camp And The Homestead; Love Pledge And The Arean; Confrontation With Count Dooku And Finale; BONUS TRACK: On The Conveyor Belt.

p_ias009.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as 2-LP, I Am Shark, IAS009)

p_sk94220.jpg

Star Wars – Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] / London SO (2005, Sony Classical, SK 94220)

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD: Star Wars And The Revenge Of The Sith; Anakin's Dream; Battle Of The Heroes; Anakin's Betrayal; General Grievous; Palpatine's Teachings; Grievous And The Droids; Padmé's Ruminations; Anakin vs. Obi-Wan; Anakin's Dark Deeds; Enter Lord Vader; The Immolation Scene; Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious; The Birth Of The Twins And Padmé's Destiny; A New Hope And End Credits; Star Wars: A Musical Journey Exclusive DVD: "Star Wars: A Musical Journey"

p_ias010.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as 2-LP, I Am Shark, IAS010)

p_82876778572.jpg

Memoirs Of A Geisha [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] / Ma, Perlman, Williams (2005, Sony Classical, 82876747082; 82876-77857-2)

Sayuri's Theme; The Journey To The Hanamachi; Going To School; Brush On Silk; Chiyo's Prayer; Becoming A Geisha; Finding Satsu; The Chairman's Waltz; The Rooftops Of The Hanamachi; The Garden Meeting; Dr. Crab's Prize; Destiny's Path; A New Name... A New Life; The Fire Scene And The Coming Of War; As The Water...; Confluence; A Dream Discarded; Sayuri's Theme And End Credits.

p_geishapromo.jpg

(Released in 2005 as "For Your Consideration" Academy Promo CD)

(Reissued for digital download in 2012, Sony Classical)

p_geisha_mov.jpg

(Reissued as 2-LP in 2016, Music On Vinyl, MOVATM074)

p_fsmcdvol12no19.jpg

Black Sunday [Music From The Motion Picture] (1977) (2010, Film Score Monthly, FSMCD Vol. 12, No. 19)

Beirut; Commandos Arrive; Commando Raid; It Was Good / Dahlia Arrives / The Unloading; Speed Boat Chase; The Telephone Man / The Captain Returns; Nurse Dahlia / Kabakov's Card / The Hypodermic; Moshevsky's Dead; The Test; Building the Bomb; Miami / Dahlia's Call; The Last Night; Preparations; Passed; The Flight Check; Airborne / Bomb Passes Stadium; Farley's Dead; The Blimp and the Bomb; The Take Off; Underway; Air Chase (Part 1); Air Chase (Parts 2 and 3) / The Blimp Hits; The Explosion; End Title; ALTERNATES AND SOURCE MUSIC: Hotel Lobby (source); Fight Song #1 (source); Fight Song #2 (source); End Title (alternate, without percussion); The Explosion (revised ending) / End Title (film edit). Previously unreleased original score.

p_mond054.jpg

(Reissued in 2015 as 2-LP, Mondo Records, MOND-054)

p_2016_bs_lll.jpg

(Reissued for digital download in 2016, La-La Land Records)

p_forceawakens.jpg

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (2015, Walt Disney Records, D002177202)

Main Title And The Attack On The Jakku Village; The Scavenger; I Can Fly Anything; Rey Meets BB-8; Follow Me; Rey's Theme; The Falcon; That Girl With The Staff; The Rathtars!; Finn's Confession; Maz's Counsel; The Starkiller; Kylo Ren Arrives At The Battle; The Abduction; Han And Leia; March Of The Resistance; Snoke; On The Inside; Torn Apart; The Ways Of The Force; Scherzo For X-Wings; Farewell And The Trip; The Jedi Steps And Finale.

p_forceawakens_target.jpg

(Released in 2015 as a Target Edition, Walt Disney Records, D002291602)

(Released in 2015 for digital download, Walt Disney Records)

p_forceawakens_fyc.jpg

(Released in 2015 as "For Your Consideration" Academy Promo CD & downloadable album, Walt Disney Studios)

The Attack on the Jakku Village Part 1; The Attack on the Jakku Village Part 2; The Scavenger; Lunchtime; I Can Fly Anything; Finn's Trek; Follow Me and The Falcon; The Rathtars; Snoke; You Got A Name?; I'm No Hero; The Starkiller; Kylo Ren Arrives at the Battle; The Resistance; The Abduction; Finn and Poe, United; The Bombing Run; On the Inside; Torn Apart; The Ways of the Force; The Journey Home; Farewell and The Trip; The Jedi Steps and Finale.

p_forceawakens_2lp_a.jpg

p_forceawakens_2lp_b.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as 2-LP, Walt Disney Records)

Main Title And The Attack On The Jakku Village; The Scavenger; I Can Fly Anything; Rey Meets BB-8; Follow Me; Rey's Theme; The Falcon; That Girl With The Staff; The Rathtars!; Finn's Confession; Maz's Counsel; The Starkiller; Kylo Ren Arrives At The Battle; The Abduction; Han And Leia; March Of The Resistance; Snoke; On The Inside; Torn Apart; The Ways Of The Force; Scherzo For X-Wings; Farewell And The Trip; The Jedi Steps And Finale.

p_forceawakens_hologram.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as 2-LP "Hologram vinyl", Walt Disney Records)

p_sw_ultimate_lp.jpg

Star Wars: The Ultimate Vinyl Collection (2016, Sony Classical, 11-Vinyl Box Set, Compilation)

The Phantom Menace – Original 1999 soundtrack album reissued on 2LP; Attack of the Clones – Original 2002 soundtrack album reissued on 2LP; Revenge of the Sith – Original 2005 soundtrack album reissued on 2LP; Star Wars – Original 1977 2LP soundtrack album reissued on 2LP; The Empire Strikes Back – Original 1980 2LP soundtrack album reissued on 2LP; Return of the Jedi – Original 1983 1LP soundtrack album reissued on 1LP.

p_sw_ultimate_digital.jpg

(Released in 2016 as "Star Wars: The Ultimate Digital Collection" for digital download, Sony Classical)

p_sw_ultimate.jpg

Star Wars: The Ultimate Soundtrack Edition (2016, Sony Classical, 10 CDs + 1 DVD, Compilation)

The Phantom Menace – Original 1999 soundtrack album reissued on 1CD; Attack of the Clones – Original 2002 soundtrack album reissued on 1CD; Revenge of the Sith – Original 2005 soundtrack album reissued on 1CD; Star Wars – 1997 2CD Expanded Edition reissued on 2CD; The Empire Strikes Back – 1997 2CD Expanded Edition reissued on 2CD; Return of the Jedi – 1997 2CD Expanded Edition reissued on 2CD; Bonus CD featuring audio interviews with Harrison Ford and John Williams; Star Wars: A Musical Journey – Re-release of the 2005 DVD highlighting select musical themes alongside key sequences from the films.

p_theBFG.jpg

The BFG [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (2016, Walt Disney Records)

Overture; The Witching Hour; To Giant Country; Dream Country; Sophie's Nightmare; Building Trust; Fleshlumpeater; Dream Jars; Frolic; Blowing Dreams; Snorting and Sniffing; Sophie's Future; There Was a Boy; The Queen's Dream; The Boy's Drawings; Meeting the Queen; Giants Netted; Finale; Sophie and the BFG.

p_lllcd1409.jpg

The John Williams Jurassic Park Collection: Limited Edition (2016, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1409)

CD 1 - JURASSIC PARK: Opening Titles; Incident at Isla Nublar (Film Version); The Encased Mosquito; Entrance of Mr. Hammond; Journey to the Island; Hatching Baby Raptor (Film Version); You Bred Raptors?*; The History Lesson (Film Version); Jurassic Park Gate; Goat Bait; The Saboteur*; Ailing Triceratops; The Coming Storm (Film Version); Dennis Steals the Embryo; Race to the Dock*; The Falling Car and The T-Rex Chase**; A Tree for My Bed; Remembering Petticoat Lane; My Friend, the Brachiosaurus (Film Version); Life Finds a Way; CD 2: System Ready*; To the Maintenance Shed; High Wire Stunts; Hungry Raptor; The Raptor Attack; T-Rex Rescue and Finale; Welcome to Jurassic Park; ADDITIONAL MUSIC: Theme from Jurassic Park; Stalling Around; Welcome to Jurassic Park (Film Version); CD 3 - THE LOST WORLD: The Lost World; The Island's Voice; Revealing the Plans; To the Island; The Stegosaurus (Extended Version); Fire at Camp and Corporate Helicopters*; The Hunt; Big Feet*; Spilling Petrol and Horning In*; Up in a Basket*; In the Trailer*; On the Glass*; Rescuing Sarah (Extended Version)**; Reading the Map*; The Trek; The Compys!; CD 4: Ripples**; The Long Grass; Finding Camp Jurassic; The Raptors Appear; High Bar and Ceiling Tiles*; Heading North; Ludlow's Speech*; The Wrecked Ship; Monster on the Loose*; Visitor in San Diego (Extended Version); Ludlow's End; Tranquilizer Dart**; Jurassic Park Theme (End Credits); ADDITIONAL MUSIC: The Lost World (Alternate)**; Tranquilizer Dart and End Credits (Film Version). *Previously unreleased; **Contains previously unreleased material.

____

Collaborations / featurings

p_bmcd_860.jpg

African Jazz + Jungle Jazz (2 LP on 1 CD) + 5 Bonus Tracks (2016, Fresh Sound Records, BMCD 860, Compilation)

Featuring Johnny Williams (p) on tracks #1, #3-#6, #9-#12, #13, #19, #20.

p_jm_1008.jpg

Shotgun Slade + Burke's Law (2 LP on 1 CD) (2016, Fresh Sound Records, JM 1008, Compilation)

"Shotgun Slade": Featuring Johnny Williams (p) (hpd).

p_89670.jpg

Yo-Yo Ma Plays The Music Of John Williams / Williams, Los Angeles Recording Arts O (2002, Sony Classical, 89670)

Concerto for Cello; Elegy for Cello and Orchestra; Heartwood; Three Pieces for Solo Cello.

(Reissued in 2012, Sony Classical, 756145, Remastered)

(Reissued in 2016 as a SACD, Sony Classical)

____

Singles:

2016 "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" (Picture Disc). March of the Resistance / Rey's Theme Walt Disney Records  
2016 "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" (BB-8 Picture Disc). March of the Resistance / Rey's Theme Walt Disney Records

____

Concert Works:

p_4016.jpg

Fiddler On The Roof [2016 Broadway Cast] (2016, Sony Classical, 4016)

John Williams: Fiddler on the Roof variations and Cadenza (performed by Itzhak Perlman, directed by Ted Sperling).

p_k11210.jpg

American Voices / The US Air Force Concert Band (2016, Klavier, K 11210)

John Williams: "For 'The President's Own'".

p_TON-CD-MENG.jpg

Meng / Meng (2016, Tonar Music, TON-CD-MENG)

John Williams: Rounds.

p_8573669.jpg

Rovshan Mamedkuliev – Guitar Recital / Mamedkuliev (2016, Naxos, 8573669)

John Williams: Rounds.

____

Soundtracks using JW's themes:

p_RebelsS01.jpg

Star Wars: Rebels – Season One (2016, Walt Disney Records)

Music Composed by Kevin Kiner, Original Star Wars Themes and Score by John Williams.

p_RebelsS02.jpg

Star Wars: Rebels – Season Two (2016, Walt Disney Records)

Music Composed by Kevin Kiner, Original Star Wars Themes and Score by John Williams.

p_RogueOne.jpg

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016, Walt Disney Records)

Music Composed by Michael Giacchino, Original Star Wars Music by John Williams.

• 2 weeks later...

The Maesto will blow 85 candles in 2017, here is a list of albums which will also celebrate an important anniversary in 2017.

60th anniversary (!)

p_kl_1055.jpg

The John Towner Touch (1957, Kapp, KL-1055)
While We're Young; Zigeuner; Wait Till You see Her; Bess, Oh Where's My Bess; One Love; The Most Beautiful Girl In The World; Diane; I'll take Romance; Dear To My Heart; Hello (John T. Williams); Tenderly; In A Little Spanish Town.

p_bcp_6025.jpg

World on a String (1957, Bethlehem, BCP-6025)
Let's Fall In Love; Over The Rainbow; My Shining Hour; Here's What I'm Here For; Come Rain Or Come Shine; That Old Black Magic; Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea; Hit The Road To Dreamland; Stormy Weather; I've Got The World On A String; Sleepin' Bee; Get Happy.

p_ds_891.jpg

(Reissued in 1984 as "John Williams and Co. Plays the Music of Harold Arlen", Discovery Records, DS-891)
Let's Fall In Love; Stormy Weather; My Shining Hour; Get Happy; Here's What I'm Here For; That Old Black Magic; Hit The Road To Dreamland; Over The Rainbow; Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea; A Sleepin' Bee; I've Got The World On A String; Come Rain Or Come Shine.

(Reissued in 1986, Discovery Records, DSCD-891)

p_bcp_6025_2015.jpg

(Reissued in 2015, Bethlehem Records, BCP-6025)

p_c_8043.jpg

The Johnny Williams Orchestra Plays Sounds from Screen Spectaculars (1957, Craftsmen, C-8043)
Dearly Beloved; Pennies From Heaven (Vocal: Doris Drew); Brazil; Exactly Like You (Vocal: Bob Grabeau); Long Ago (And Far Away); On The Sunny Side Of The Street; Put The Blame On Mame (Vocal: Doris Drew); I'm Old Fashioned.

p_l1632.jpg

(Reissued in 1958 as "Big Hits from Columbia Pictures", Tops, L1632, 10 tracks)

Dearly Beloved; Pennies From Heaven (Vocal: Doris Drew); Theme from "Picnic"; Exactly Like You (Vocal: Bob Grabeau); Brazil; Long Ago And Far Away; On The Sunny Side Of The Street; The Anniversary Song; Put The Blame On Mame (Vocal: Doris Drew); I'm Old Fashioned.

p_9632s.jpg

(Reissued in 1958 as "Big Hits from Columbia Pictures", Golden Tone, 9632S, 8 tracks, Stereo)

Dearly Beloved; Pennies From Heaven (Vocal: Doris Drew); Brazil; Exactly Like You (Vocal: Bob Grabeau); Long Ago (And Far Away); On The Sunny Side Of The Street; Put The Blame On Mame (Vocal: Doris Drew); I'm Old Fashioned.

p_9632s_m.jpg

(Reissued in 1958 as "Big Hits from Columbia Pictures", Mayfair, 9632S, 10 tracks, Stereo)

Dearly Beloved; Pennies From Heaven (Vocal: Doris Drew); Theme from "Picnic"; Exactly Like You (Vocal: Bob Grabeau); Brazil; Long Ago And Far Away; On The Sunny Side Of The Street; The Anniversary Song; Put The Blame On Mame (Vocal: Doris Drew); I'm Old Fashioned.

p_1126_2.jpg

(Reissued in 1996 as "Movie Memories [Big Hits]", Simitar/Pickwick, 1126-2, 10 tracks, Stereo)

Theme from "Picnic"; Dearly Beloved; Brazil; Exactly Like You (Vocal: Bob Grabeau); On The Sunny Side Of The Street; Pennies From Heaven (Vocal: Doris Drew); I'm Old Fashioned; Long Ago And Far Away; Put The Blame On Mame (Vocal: Doris Drew); The Anniversary Song.

p_kl_1050.jpg

Listen To The Music Of Russell Garcia (1957, Kapp Records, KL-1050)

Featuring John T. Williams (p).

p_l_1641.jpg

Porgy & Bess (1957, Tops Records, L 1641)

Music arranged and conducted by Johnny T. Williams, The Hollywood Grand Studio Orchestra; Performed by Bill Reeves, Norma Zimmer, Bill Lee, Mami Nixon and Earl Wilkie.

p_9641.jpg

(Released in 1957, Mayfair Records, Golden Tone, 9641S, Stereo)

p_br_100.jpg

Remembering with Marjorie Lee (1957, BeauMonde, BR 100)

Featuring John T. Williams (p); Arranged by John T. Williams.

(Reissued in 1989, Fresh Sound Records, BR 100 CD)

p_33_1869_70.jpg

Yvonne De Carlo Sings (1957, Masterseal Records, 33-1869/70)

Orchestra conducted by John Towner (Williams).

(Reissued in 2010, Screenland Records)

(Reissued for Digital Download in 2011, Smith & Co.)

p_st_1309.jpg

The Big Small Bands (1957, Capitol, ST 1309)

Featuring John T. Williams (p) (o).

p_kxl_5001.jpg

Modern Jazz Gallery (1957, Kapp Records, KXL 5001)

Featuring John T. Williams Quartet (p): Aunt Orsavella (John T. Williams); Spring Is Here; Anything Goes; Caribe (John T. Williams).

50th anniversary

p_ual4173.jpg

Fitzwilly [Original Motion Picture Score] (1967, United Artists Records, UAL 4173, Re-recording)

Make Me Rainbows (Vocal) (Lyrics By – Alan & Marilyn Bergman); Sampson And Delilah; The Gimbel's Robbery; Overture; Juliet's Discovery ; Fitzwilly's Date; Make Me Rainbows (Instrumental); More Theft; Lefty Louie's Love Life; The Xerox Crisis; End Titles.

p_uas5173.jpg

(Released in 1967, United Artists Records, UAS 5173, Stereo)

:cheer:40th anniversary :cheer:

p_l45753_4.jpg

Star Wars [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] / London SO (1977, 20th Century Records, L 45753/4 [2T-54])

DISC 1: Main Title; Imperial Attack; Princess Leia's Theme; The Desert And The Robot Auction; Ben's Death And TIE Fighter Attack; The Little People Work; Rescue Of The Princess; Inner City; Cantina Band; DISC 2: The Land Of The Sand People; Mouse Robot And Blasting Off; The Return Home; The Walls Converge; The Princess Appears; The Last Battle; The Throne Room And End Title.

(Released in 1977, 20th Century Records, 2T-541 [0898])

(Reissued in 1977, RSO, 2T-541)

p_8000962.jpg

(Reissued in 1986, Polydor, 800 096-2)

p_sw_2lp_2016.jpg

p_sw_2lp_201609.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as 2-LP "Limited Edition Picture Disc", Super Deluxe Edition)

p_al9500.jpg

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1977, Arista, AL 9500)

Main Title And Mountain Visions; Nocturnal Pursuit; The Abduction Of Barry; I Can't Believe It's Real; Climbing Devil's Tower; The Arrival Of Sky Harbor; Night Seige; The Conversation; The Appearance Of The Visitors; Resolution And End Title.

(Released for Promo with a Complimentary Single, Arista, AL 9500/AS 9500)

(Released in 1977, Arista, AL5-8078)

(Released in 1977, Arista, ALB6-8365)

(Reissued in 1988, Arista Records, ARCD 8365)

p_vsd5275.jpg

(Reissued in 1990, Varèse Sarabande, VSD-5275)

Main Title And Mountain Visions; Nocturnal Pursuit; The Abduction Of Barry; I Can't Believe It's Real; Climbing Devil's Tower; The Arrival Of Sky Harbor; Night Seige; The Conversation; The Appearance Of The Visitors; Resolution And End Title; BONUS TRACK: Theme From Close Encounters of The Third Kind (disco version).

p_106435547.jpg

(Reissued in 2004 as a DVD-Audio, Classic Records, 106435547)

Main Title And Mountain Visions; Nocturnal Pursuit; The Abduction Of Barry; I Can't Believe It's Real; Climbing Devil's Tower; The Arrival Of Sky Harbor; Night Seige; The Conversation; The Appearance Of The Visitors; Resolution And End Title.

30th anniversary

p_4163611.jpg

Pops in Love / Williams, Boston Pops O (1987, Philips, 416 361-1)

Pavane; Claire De Lune; Adagio In G Minor; Le Cygne (The Swan); Gymnopedie No. 1 (Orig. No. 3); Andante Cantabile; La Fille Aux Cheveux De Lin (The Girl With The Flaxen Hair); Pavane Pour Une Infante Defunte (Pavane For A Deceased Princess); Gymnopedie No. 2 (Orig. No. 1); Canon; Fantasia On Greensleeves.

(Released in 1987, Philips, 416 361-2)

(Reissued for digital download in 2014, Decca)

p_4201771.jpg

Holst – The Planets / Williams, Boston Pops O (1987, Philips, 420 177-1)

Mars, The Bringer Of War; Venus, The Bringer Of Peace; Mercury, The Winged Messenger; Jupiter, The Bringer Of Jollity; Saturn, The Bringer Of Old Age; Uranus, The Magician; Neptune, The Mystic.

(Released in 1987, Philips, 420 177-2)

(Reissued for digital download in 2014, Decca)

p_125607.jpg

The Witches Of Eastwick [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]) (1987, Warner Bros. Records, 1-25607)

The Township of Eastwick; The Dance of the Witches; Maleficio; The Seduction of Alex; Daryl's Secrets; The Seduction of Suki and the Ballroom Scene; Daryl Arrives; The Tennis Game; Have Another Cherry!; Daryl Rejected; The Ride Home; The Destruction of Daryl; The Children's Carousel; End Credits (The Dance of the Witches Reprise).

p_256072.jpg

(Released in 1987, Warner Bros. Records, 25607 2)

p_ccm6852.jpg

(Reissued in 2006, Collectors' Choice Music, CCM-685-2/CCM-685)

p_prd050.jpg

(Reissued in 2012, Perseverance Records, PRD 050)

p_125668.jpg

Empire Of The Sun [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1987, Warner Bros. Records, 1-25668)

Suo Gan (The Ambrosian Junior Choir); Cadillac Of The Skies; Jim's New Life; Lost In The Crowd; Imaginary Air Battle; The Return To The City; Liberation: Exultate Justi; The British Grenadiers; Toy Planes, Home And Hearth; The Streets Of Shanghai; The Pheasant Hunt; No Road Home / Seeing The Bomb; Exultate Justi.

p_w225668.jpg

(Released in 1987, Warner Bros. Records, 9 25668-2)

(Released in 1987, Warner Bros. Records, W2 25668)

p_4201781.jpg

By Request... The Best Of John Williams And The Boston Pops Orchestra / Williams, Boston Pops O (1987, Philips, 420 178-1, Compilation)

Olympic Fanfare And Theme*; The Cowboys Overture; Excerpts From Close Encounters Of The Third Kind; March From Midway; Flying Theme From "E.T."; Luke And Leia Theme From Return Of The Jedi; March From Superman; Liberty Fanfare*; March From Raiders Of The Lost Ark; Yoda's Theme From The Empire Strikes Back; March From "1941"*; Theme From Jaws*; Imperial March From The Empire Strikes Back; Mission Theme (Theme For NBC News)*; Main Theme From Star Wars. *Previously unreleased.

(Released in 1987, Philips, 420 178-2)

25th anniversary

p_48224.jpg

The Green Album / Williams, Boston Pops O (1992, Sony Classical, SK 48224)

God Bless America; Theme for Earth Day; Shenandoah; This Land Is Your Land; America; Deep River; On the Trail from Grand Canyon Suite; Simple Gifts from Appalachian Spring; Make Our Garden Grow from Candide; Wind on the Water from The Last Whale; Green Leaves of Summer; The Promise of Living from The Tender Land; Sunrise from Grand Canyon Suite; Appalachian Morning; America the Beautiful.

p_sk48232.jpg

Joy To The World / Williams, Boston Pops O (1992, Sony Classical, SK 48232)

A Christmas Festival: Joy To The World / Deck The Halls / God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen / Good King Wenceslas / Hark! The Herald Angels Sing / The First Noël / Silent Night / Jingle Bells / O Come, All Ye Faithful; A Visit From Saint Nicholas ('Twas The Night Before Christmas); White Christmas; March Of The Toys (Babes In Toyland); Somewhere In My Memory (Home Alone); Holiday Flight (Home Alone); A Christmas Bouquet: We'll Dress The House / The Star Carol / Nigh Bethlehem / Jesu Parvule / This Is Christmas; Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers; Star Of Bethlehem (Home Alone); Christmas Night Medley: O Tannenbaum / I Go To Bethlehem / Still, Still, Still / From Heaven Above To Earth I Come / Foom, Foom, Foom / O How Joyfully / O Holy Night; We Wish You A Merry Christmas; Sleigh Ride; A Merry Little Sing-Along: Rudolf The Red-Nosed Reindeer / Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas / Let It Snow / The Christmas Song / Winter Wonderland / Jingle Bells.

p_mcd10628.jpg

Far And Away [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1992, MCA Records, MCD10628/MCAD10628)

County Galway, June 1892; The Fighting Donelly's (Featuring The Chieftains); Joe Sr.'s Passing / The Duel Scene; Leaving Home; Burning The Manor House; Blowing Off Steam; Fighting For Dough (Featuring The Chieftains); Am I Beatiful?; The Big Match; Inside The Mansion; Shannon Is Shot; Joseph's Dream; The Reunion; Oklahoma Territory; The Land Race; Settling With Steven / The Race To The River; Joseph And Shannon; Book Of Days (Enya); End Credits.

p_07822110002.jpg

Home Alone 2 – Lost in New York [Original Soundtrack Album] (1992, Fox Records, 07822-11002-2)

Somewhere In My Memory; Home Alone; We Overslept Again; Christmas Star; Arrival In New York; Plaza Hotel and Duncan's Toy Store; Congierge and Race To The Room; Star Of Bethlehem; The Thieves Return; Appearance Of Pigeon Lady; Christmas At Carnegie Hall; Into The Park; Haunted Brownstone; Christmas Star and Preparing The Trap; To The Plaza Presto; Reunion At Rockefeller Center; Kevin's Booby Traps; Finale; Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas.

20th anniversary

p_sk63031hdcd.jpg

Rosewood [Music From The Motion Picture] (1997, Sony Classical, SK 63031 HDCD)

Rosewood; Look Down, Lord; The Hounds Of Sumner; Healing; Light My Way; Trouble In Tow; Aunt Sara's Death; After The Fire; The Town Of Sumner; The Town Burns; Scrappie And Mann Bond; The Freedom Train; False Accusation; Mann At Rosewood; Look Down, Lord (Reprise And Finale) From Rosewood.

(Reissued in 1998, Sony Classical, 63031)

p_mcad11628.jpg

The Lost World: Jurassic Park [Original Motion Picture Score] (1997, MCA Soundtracks, MCAD-11628)

The Lost World; The Island Prologue; Malcom's Journey; The Hunt; The Trek; Finding Camp Jurassic; Rescuing Sarah; Hammond's Plan; The Raptors Appear; The Compys Dine; The Stegosaurus; Ludlow's Demise; Visitor In San Diego; Finale And Jurassic Park Theme.

(Reissued for digital download in 2012, Geffen)

p_sk60271.jpg

Seven Years In Tibet [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] / Ma, Williams (1997, Sony Music/Mandalay Records, SK 60271)

Seven Years In Tibet; Young Dalai Lama And Ceremonial Chant; Leaving Ingrid; Peter's Rescue; Harrer's Journey; The Invasion; Reflections; Premonitions; Approaching The Summit; Palace Invitation; Heinrich's Odyssey; Quiet Moments; Regaining A Son; Seven Years In Tibet (Reprise).

p_drmd50035.jpg

Amistad [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1997, DreamWorks Records, DRMD-50035)

Dry Your Tears, Afrika; Sierra Leone, 1839 And The Capture Of Cinque; Crossing The Atlantic; Cinque's Theme; Cinque's Memories Of Home; Middle Passage; The Long Road To Justice; July 4, 1839; Mr. Adams Takes The Case; La Amistad Remembered; The Liberation Of Lomboko; Adams' Summation; Going Home; Dry Your Tears, Afrika (Reprise).

(Reissued for digital download in 2014, Geffen)

p_sk62729.jpg

The Five Sacred Trees / Leclair, Williams, London SO (1997, Sony Classical, SK 62729)

The Five Sacred Trees (Concerto For Bassoon And Orchestra): I. Eó Mugna / II. Tortan / III. Eó Rossa / IV. Craeb Uisnig / V. Dathi; Tree Line; Symphony No. 2, Op. 132 "Mysterious Mountain": Andante Con Moto / Double Fugue (Moderato Maestoso, Allegro Vivo) / Andante Espressivo; Old And Lost Rivers.

p_sk62788.jpg

The Hollywood Sound / Washington jr., Williams, London SO (1997, Sony Classical, SK 62788)

Lawrence of Arabia - Overture; Flying Theme (From "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"); Out of Africa - Main Title; Wizard of Oz - Fantasy for Orchestra medley (March of the Winkies & Witches / Bicycle Music / Cyclone / Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead / Over the Rainbow); Theme from "Jaws"; The Adventures of Robin Hood - Robin Hood and His Merry Men; Pocahontas - Theme: Colors of the Wind; The Last Emperor - Theme; A Place in the Sun - Suite; Spellbound - Dream Sequence / Mountain Lodge; Godfather II (Main Title - The Immigrant); Dances with Wolves - John Dunbar Theme; The Devil and Daniel Webster - Mr. Scratch; Beauty and the Beast - Theme; The Best Years of Our Lives - Theme; Main Title from Star Wars.

p_09026687462.jpg

The Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition: A New Hope [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1997, RCA Victor, 09026-68746-2)

CD 1: 20th Century Fox Fanfare; Main Title / Rebel Blockade Runner; Imperial Attack; The Dune Sea Of Tatooine / Jawa Sandcrawler; The Moisture Farm**; The Hologram / Binary Sunset; Landspeeder Search / Attack Of The Sand People**; Tales Of A Jedi Knight** / Learn About The Force*; Burning Homestead; Mos Eisley Spaceport; Cantina Band; Cantina Band #2; ARCHIVAL BONUS TRACK: Binary Sunset (alternate)*; CD 2: Princess Leia's Theme; The Millenium Falcon / Imperial Cruiser Pursuit**; Destruction Of Alderaan; The Death Star / The Stormtroopers*; Wookiee Prisoner / Detention Block Ambush; Shootout In The Cell Bay/Dianoga; The Trash Compactor; The Tractor Beam / Chasm Crossfire; Ben Kenobi's Death / Tie Fighter Attack; The Battle Of Yavin; The Throne Room / End Title. *Previously unreleased. **Contains previsouly unreleased music.

p_09026687722.jpg

(Released in 1997, RCA Victor/BMG Classics, 09026 68772-2)

p_S2k92950.jpg

(Reissued in 2004, Sony Classical, S2K 92950)

(Reissued for digital download in 2014, Sony Classical)

p_09026687732.jpg

The Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition: The Empire Strikes Back [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1997, RCA Victor, 09026 68773 2)

CD 1: 20th Century Fox Fanfare (Alfred Newman, 1954; Main Title / The Ice Planet Hoth**; The Wampa's Lair / Vision Of Obi-Wan* / Snowspeeders Take Flight; The Imperial Probe* / Aboard The Executor*; The Battle Of Hoth (Ion Cannon / Imperial Walkers / Beneath The AT-AT / Escape In The Millennium Falcon); The Asteroid Field; Arrival On Dagobah**; Luke's Nocturnal Visitor; Han Solo And The Princess; Jedi Master Revealed / Mynock Cave**; The Training Of A Jedi Knight** / The Magic Tree; CD 2: The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme); Yoda's Theme; Attacking A Star Destroyer; Yoda And The Force; Imperial Starfleet Deployed* / City In The Clouds; Lando's Palace; Betrayal At Bespin*; Deal With The Dark Lord*; Carbon Freeze** / Darth Vader's Trap / Departure Of Boba Fett; The Clash Of Lightsabers; Rescue From Cloud City / Hyperspace; The Rebel Fleet/End Title. *Previously unreleased. **Contains previsouly unreleased music.

p_09026687472.jpg

(Released in 1997, RCA Victor, 09026 68747-2)

p_S2K92951.jpg

(Reissued in 2004, Sony Classical, S2K 92951)

p_09026687742.jpg

The Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition: Return of the Jedi [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1997, RCA Victor, 09026 68774 2)

CD 1: 20th Century Fox Fanfare (Alfred Newman, 1954; Main Title / Approaching The Death Star / Tatooine Rendezvous*; The Droids Are Captured*; Bounty For A Wookiee*; Han Solo Returns**; Luke Confronts Jabba* / Den Of The Rancor / Sarlacc Sentence*; The Pit Of Carkoon* / Sail Barge Assault; The Emperor Arrives / The Death Of Yoda / Obi-Wan's Revelation*; Alliance Assembly*; Shuttle Tydirium Approaches Endor; Speeder Bike Chase* / Land Of The Ewoks*; The Levitation* / Threepio's Bedtime Story*; SOURCE MUSIC: Jabba's Baroque Recital*; Jedi Rocks*; ARCHIVAL BONUS TRACK: Sail Barge Assault (alternate); CD 2: Parade Of The Ewoks; Luke And Leia; Brother And Sister / Father And Son* / The Fleet Enters Hyperspace** / Heroic Ewok; Emperor's Throne Room; The Battle Of Endor I (Into The Trap / Forest Ambush* / Scout Walker Scramble / Prime Weapon Fires); The Lightsaber* / The Ewok Battle; The Battle Of Endor II (Leia Is Wounded — The Duel Begins / Overtaking The Bunker* / The Dark Side Beckons / The Emperor's Death); The Battle Of Endor III (Superstructure Chase* / Death Vader's Death / The Main Reactor); Leia's News / Light Of The Force; Victory Celebration* / End Title; SOURCE MUSIC: Ewok Feast* / Part Of The Tribe*; ARCHIVAL BONUS TRACK: The Forest Battle (Concert Suite). *Previously unreleased. **Contains previsouly unreleased music.

p_09026687482.jpg

(Released in 1997, RCA Victor, 09026-68748-2)

p_S2K92952.jpg

(Reissued in 2004, Sony Classical, S2K 92952)

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Back the CD player up a bit!

Bes, how come STAR WARS is flagged-up as a 40th anniversary, but CE3K isn't?

Open your eyes my friend!

Website updated with The BFG - FYC:

p_theBFG.jpg

The BFG [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (2016, Walt Disney Records)

Overture; The Witching Hour; To Giant Country; Dream Country; Sophie's Nightmare; Building Trust; Fleshlumpeater; Dream Jars; Frolic; Blowing Dreams; Snorting and Sniffing; Sophie's Future; There Was a Boy; The Queen's Dream; The Boy's Drawings; Meeting the Queen; Giants Netted; Finale; Sophie and the BFG.

p_bfg_fyc.jpg

(Released in 2016 as "For Your Consideration" Academy Promo CD, Walt Disney Records)

The Witching Hour; To Giant Country; I Will Run Away / Bedtime Story; Mixing The Bad Dream; Sophie's Bad Dream; I Is Hungry; Building Trust; Dream Jars; Frolic; Dream Country; How Old Are You? / Blowing Dreams; There Was A Boy; Sophie... Hide!; The Queen's Dream; Meeting The Queen; The Queen Calls Nancy; Sophie's Future; Giants and Bad Dreams; A Place Where No One Goes; Finale; End Credits.

...and a 2009 release that fallen out of my radar!

With Audra McDonald

p_johnnymercer.jpg

Johnny Mercer: The Dream's On Me (2009, TCM)

Featuring John Williams (p): I Had Myself A True Love (performed by Audra McDonald)

There's a DVD too:

LInk: http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/dvd/index.htm

p_johnnymercer_dvd.jpg

Clint Eastwood Presents - Johnny Mercer: The Dream's on Me (2009, TCM)

DISC 1: Great American Songwriter; "This Time the Dream's on Me"; A Southerner Through and Through; Wordplay; "Skylark"; "Jeepers, Creepers"; "Too Marvelous for Words"; Hoagy Carmichael; "Hooray for Hollywood"; Judy Garland; "Laura"; "That Old Black Magic"; "Blues in the Night"; "One for My Baby"; "Mandy Is Two"; Jerome Kern; A Capitol Endeavor; St Louis Woman; "Something's Gotta Give"; Li'l Abner; "Moon River"; "Days of Wine and Roses"; "I Wanna Be Around"; Closing Credits; DISC 2 - SPECIAL FEATURES: At the Piano with Clint Eastwood; with Clint Eastwood and John Williams; with Clint Eastwood and Jamie Cullum; STUDIO PERFORMANCES: "That Old Black Magic: - Jamie Cullum"; "This Time the Dream's On Me" - Morgan Eastwood; "I Had Myself a True Love" - Audra McDonald with John Williams; "Skylark" - Maude Maggart with Jamie Cullum; "Emily" - Alan Bergman with Jamie Cullum; "Too Marvelous for Words" - Michael Feinstein with Bucky Pizzarelli and Jay Leonart; "Laura" - Michael Feinstein with Bucky Pizzarelli; "Lazybones" - Dr John; "Any Place I Hang My Hat Is Home" - Dr John` "Talk To Me Baby" - Cleo Laine and John Dankworth; BIOGRAPHICAL MATERIAL: "Family History Photos" - Narrated by Nancy Gerard, Johnny Mercer's Neice` "The Art of Mercer" - Narrated by Nancy Gerard; "The Life of Johnny Mercer" Essay by Biographer Glenn T. Eskew.

51 minutes ago, Richard said:

Bes, do you actually have all of the recordings that you've just posted?

No, currently try to find the Mercer album on iTunes.  Don't have the BFG FYC, I think it's brand brand new and nobody have it yet :-)

EDIT: It seems not possible for me to buy a digital file of this CD from Canada. :eh:

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

Do you have this one logged @Bespin?

The "Discography as a composer – Other Works" section of my website is, for reasons all understand, a selective list.

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/composer/seldisco.htm

It's a list that will never be "closed" or "finished".  In 50 years from now, people will still record JW music.

So I currently list recordings of exception.... from my point of view.... as a fan and collector.

So do you think that this single should be listed on my website? If you say yes, altought I don't know this recording, I will add it with pleasure.

https://www.discogs.com/London-Symphony-Orchestra-Flying-Theme-From-ET/release/2601123

Do we have an audio of that performance?

Since its the LSO, its probably worthy but you're absolutely right that it's an impossible task to catalog every instance of someone recording some of JW's music

It's not just impossible, it's irrelevant.

Yes the LSO in one hand... but in an other hand we talk about a single that possibly never made it for an album... and that possibly never have been reissued on a CD since 1982. ;)

But why not... Thanks for the contribution @Jay. Website updated !

@Miguel Andrade You surely know this SP?

• 2 weeks later...

The Discography now features the "co-conducting" credits.

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/disco/albums.htm

Just tell me if something is missing, thanks!

p_mcad10859.jpg

Jurassic Park [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1993, MCA Records, MCAD-10859; Williams/Kane)

Opening Titles; Theme From Jurassic Park; Incident At Isla Nublar; Journey To The Island; The Raptor Attack; Hatching Baby Raptor; Welcome To Jurassic Park; My Friend, The Brachiosaurus; Dennis Steals The Embryo; A Tree For My Bed; High-Wire Stunts; Remembering Petticoat Lane; Jurassic Park Gate; Eye To Eye; T-Rex Rescue & Finale; End Credits.

Added to the "Soundtracks using John Williams's Themes" Section.

p_88985385262.jpg

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them (2016, Sony Classical/WaterTown Music, 88985385262)

Music Composed by James Newton Howard, Original Hedwig's Theme by John Williams.

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/composer/themes.htm

On 18/12/2016 at 5:34 PM, Bespin said:

It's not just impossible, it's irrelevant.

Yes the LSO in one hand... but in an other hand we talk about a single that possibly never made it for an album... and that possibly never have been reissued on a CD since 1982. ;)

But why not... Thanks for the contribution @Jay. Website updated !

@Miguel Andrade You surely know this SP?

Just listened to the vinyl transfer I have of this one... not the worst performance of Flying, but not the best either. The actual recording sounds odd to my ears.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Pro tip: You can cut all that crap out of the URL for anything on Amazon; All you need is the "/dp/" and then the Amazon item #.  Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N75GQD3

Thanks, I did it quickly.

It's also on Spotify... so for those who are not familiar with this score... it's your chance!

It is such a lovely intimate little score from JW with a particular autumnal feel to it I find.

Just saw this on Amazon, this is new!

It's a 4 CD compilation.

John Williams & Steven Spielberg: The Ultimate Collection

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRNZ615

The 3rd disc contains certainly NEW RECORDINGS, you know the ones we talked about last year!!!

1. The Adventures of Mutt from Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

2. Dry Your Tears, Afrika from Amistad
  3. The BFG from The BFG
  4. With Malice Toward None from Lincoln
  5. The Duel from The Adventures of Tintin
  6. A New Beginning from Minority Report
  7. Movement 1: Closing In
  8. Movement 2: Reflections
  9. Movement 3: Joy Ride
  10. Marion's Theme from Raiders of the Lost Ark
  11. Hymn to the Fallen from Saving Private Ryan
  12. Dartmoor, 1912 from War Horse
  13. Viktor's Tale from The Terminal
  14. Prayer for Peace from Munich
  15. Immigration and Building from The Unfinished Journey
  16. With Malice Toward None from Lincoln

• 3 weeks later...

Some new recordings of concert works that will be added next weekend on the website (they are already on the wiki article).

A brand new recording of Fanfare for Fenway:

Everything Beautiful

Everything Beautiful

Anne Bither Reynolds (flute)

DePauw University Band, Craig Paré

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/52332-MCD

Two new recordings of "Sound the Bells!" came out last november.

2016 Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA): All-State Wind Ensemble & All-State Concert Band [Live]

2016 Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA): All-State Wind Ensemble & All-State Concert Band [Live]

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/52301-MCD

2016 Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA): Aledo High School Wind Ensemble (Live)

2016 Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA): Aledo High School Wind Ensemble (Live)

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/52194-MCD

A New recording of Olympic Fanfare & Theme:

Beecher Variations

Beecher Variations

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/51000-MCD

A New recording of the Liberty Fanfare:

2016 Illinois Music Educators Association (ILMEA): Honors Band & All-State Band [Live]
2016 Illinois Music Educators Association (ILMEA): Honors Band & All-State Band [Live]

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/52061-MCD

An excerpt from American Journey (movement III)

Midwest Clinic 2015: The U.S. Army Orchestra

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/52009-MCD

A new recording of the Tuba Concerto:

Mr. Tuba
Mr. Tuba

Setsuko Ohori, Shimpei Tsugita, Tomohiro Nishikubo, Eijiro Nakagawa, Susumu Ogino

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Cryston/OVCC00118

A (very rare) version of "For 'The President's Own" conducted by John Williams himself with the band, has been added in the "Singles" section of the Wiki article.

It will be added next week-end on the website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Williams_discography#Singles

The video of the performance is here:

The albums page has been updated with the new I Am Shark vinyls for TFA.

p_forceawakens.jpg

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (2015, Walt Disney Records, D002177202; Williams/Ross/Dudamel)

p_forceawakens_target.jpg

(Released in 2015 as a Target Edition, Walt Disney Records, D002291602)

(Released in 2015 for digital download, Walt Disney Records)

p_forceawakens_fyc.jpg

(Released in 2015 as "For Your Consideration" Academy Promo CD & downloadable album, Walt Disney Records)

The Attack on the Jakku Village Part 1; The Attack on the Jakku Village Part 2; The Scavenger; Lunchtime; I Can Fly Anything; Finn's Trek; Follow Me and The Falcon; The Rathtars; Snoke; You Got A Name?; I'm No Hero; The Starkiller; Kylo Ren Arrives at the Battle; The Resistance; The Abduction; Finn and Poe, United; The Bombing Run; On the Inside; Torn Apart; The Ways of the Force; The Journey Home; Farewell and The Trip; The Jedi Steps and Finale.

p_forceawakens_2lp_a.jpg

p_forceawakens_2lp_b.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as 2-LP, Walt Disney Records, D002374201 ST01/5008734314 ST01)

p_forceawakens_hologram.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as 2-LP "Hologram vinyl", Walt Disney Records/Lucasfilm Ltd., D002364401)

p_shark_tfa_ray.jpg

p_shark_tfa_poe.jpg

p_shark_tfa_phasma.jpg

p_shark_tfa_finn_kylo.jpg

(Reissued in 2017 as 2-LP Limited Collector's Edition with 4 collectable covers, I Am Shark, IAS015)

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Nice! You should do one for his filmscores!

Not relevant, as most of the time my poor Stef. Please stay away from this thread, it's for adults. ;)

On 31/01/2017 at 5:48 PM, Bespin said:

Some new recordings of concert works that will be added next weekend on the website (they are already on the wiki article).

A brand new recording of Fanfare for Fenway:

Everything Beautiful

Everything Beautiful

Anne Bither Reynolds (flute)

DePauw University Band, Craig Paré

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/52332-MCD

Two new recordings of "Sound the Bells!" came out last november.

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/52301-MCD

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/52194-MCD

A New recording of Olympic Fanfare & Theme:

Beecher Variations

Beecher Variations

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/51000-MCD

A New recording of the Liberty Fanfare:

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/52061-MCD

An excerpt from American Journey (movement III)

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Mark%2BRecords/52009-MCD

A new recording of the Tuba Concerto:

Mr. Tuba
Mr. Tuba

Setsuko Ohori, Shimpei Tsugita, Tomohiro Nishikubo, Eijiro Nakagawa, Susumu Ogino

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Cryston/OVCC00118

I wish this recordings were available on disc instead of just digital downloads.

I updated my discography with the US cover of this album.  Do we know if it contains new 1962 recordings, or if it use previously recorded material?  That's maybe a question for @Thor or @Miguel Andrade.

By example, is the version of "Tomorrow" on this album, the same as the one the "Wagon Train" Mercury 1959 LP?

p_dl4481.jpg

Themes To Remember - Top TV Themes And Background Music (1962, Decca, DL 4481)

Teakwood Nocturne (Caesar Giovannini); 87th Precinct (Morton Stevens); Premiere {from Premiere Theatre} (John Williams); Wide Country Theme (John Williams); Somewhere A Bird Is Singing (Mario Brengola & Dick Manning); All In My Mind (Lyn Murray & Jerry Gladstone); The Virginian (Percy Faith); Monaco {from Look At Monaco} (Percy Faith); Lydia (Benny Carter); Markham Theme (Stanley Wilson); Tomorrow (John Williams & Frederick Herbert); Trailmaster Theme (Stanley Wilson). Music conducted by Stanley Wilson.

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/composer/others.htm

But the two "Tomorrow" tracks (the one on the original WAGON TRAIN soundtrack and the one on the THEMES TO REMEMBER album) DO sound very similar, IMO. But yeah, I think I can hear that they're different recordings.

The 7" and 12" vinyls of Born on the fourth of July were added to the Singles page, in the UK sub-section.

p_mca1397.jpg

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/disco/singles.htm

Thanks to @Stempel for this one!

• 2 weeks later...

Added to the DVD section & to the Concert section:

p_2002ET.jpg

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (2-Disc Limited Collector's Edition) (2002, Universal Studios Home Entertainment)

Special Features: John Williams Live at the Shrine Auditorium 2002 Premiere.

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/dvd/index.htm

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/concerts.htm

THat's maybe a little too quick, but the website and the Wiki disco have been updated.

Here it is for the 141th solo album of John Williams!

p_williams_spielberg_ultimate_col.jpg

John Williams/Steven Spielberg: The Ultimate Collection (2017, Sony Classical, Compilation)

CD 1 - The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration: Raiders Of The Lost Ark - The Raiders March; Always - Theme; E. T. - Adventures On Earth; Sugarland Express - Theme; Jaws - Theme; Jaws - Out To Sea / The Shark Cage Fugue; Empire Of The Sun - Exsultate Justi; Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom - Parade Of The Slave Children; E. T. - Over The Moon; 1941 - March; Empire Of The Sun - Cadillac Of The Skies; Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade - Scherzo For Motorcycle And Orchestra; Close Encounters Of The Third Kind - Excerpts; CD 2 - Williams on Williams – Classic Spielberg Scores: E. T. The Extra-Terrestial - Flying; Jurassic Park - Theme; Schindler's List - Remembrances; Hook - Flight To Neverland; 1941 - The Battle For Hollywood; Hook - Smee's Plan; Jaws - The Barrel Chase; Jurassic Park - My Friend, The Brachiosaurus ; Empire Of The Sun - Jim's New Life; Close Encounters Of The Third Kind - The Dialogue; Hook - The Lost Boys' Ballet; Schindler's List - Theme; Raiders Of The Lost Ark - The Basket Chase; Hook - The Face Of Pan; Hook - The Banquet. CD 3 - The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration Part III*: The Adventures of Mutt from "Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"; Dry Your Tears, Afrika from "Amistad"; The BFG from "The BFG"; With Malice Toward None from "Lincoln"; The Duel from "The Adventures of Tintin"; A New Beginning from "Minority Report"; Escapades for Alto Saxophone and Orchestra from "Catch Me If You Can"; Marion's Theme from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"; Hymn to the Fallen from "Saving Private Ryan"; Dartmoor, 1912 from "War Horse"; Viktor's Tale from "The Terminal"; Prayer for Peace from "Munich"; Immigration and Building from "The Unfinished Journey"; With Malice Toward None from "Lincoln" (Alternate Version); DVD - Steven Spielberg & John Williams: The Adventure Continues. *Contains previously unreleased material.

p_spielberg_williams_collaboration_p3.jp

The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration Part III (2017, Sony Classical, Digital release; Clark, Erdody, Foster, Higgins, Hooten, Valerio, Grubinger, Williams, Recording Arts O of LA)

The Adventures of Mutt from "Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"; Dry Your Tears, Afrika from "Amistad"; The BFG from "The BFG"; With Malice Toward None from "Lincoln"; The Duel from "The Adventures of Tintin"; A New Beginning from "Minority Report"; Escapades for Alto Saxophone and Orchestra from "Catch Me If You Can"; Marion's Theme from "Raiders of the Lost Ark"; Hymn to the Fallen from "Saving Private Ryan"; Dartmoor, 1912 from "War Horse"; Viktor's Tale from "The Terminal"; Prayer for Peace from "Munich"; Immigration and Building from "The Unfinished Journey"; With Malice Toward None from "Lincoln" (Alternate Version).

Fellow audiophiles, last year a K2 HD CD of Schindler's List was issued.

That's a Japanese import.

http://www.highfidelity.net/product_info.php?info=p995_john-williams---schindler-s-list--k2-hd-cd-.html

In 2011, There was also a K2 HD CD version of Cinema Serenade.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/release/cinema-serenade-k2hd-mr0003535272

I will add them to the discography.

That's the only two K2 HD CD of John Williams I know...

p_mcad10969k.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It seems I have "lost" the audio from this concert... Wrongs bakcup habits!  Any help someone?

John Williams's Film Night / Newman, Lockhart, Boston Pops Esplanade O (Tanglewood, MA, 2015-08-22)

David Newman conducting: Suite from Forrest Gump (Silvestri); Suite from Sunset Boulevard (Waxman); Theme from Sabrina; The Wild Ride from North by Northwest (Herrmann); Selections from The Godfather (Rota); Opening Sequence from Star Trek Into Darkness (Giacchino); Theme from Mission: Impossible (Schifrin); Keith Lockhart conducting: Theme from Jurassic Park; The Barrel Chase Sequence from Jaws; Tango from Scent of a Woman (Gardel, arr. Williams); Theme from Laura (Raksin, arr. Morley); Excerpts from Fiddler on the Roof (Bock, adp. Williams); Throne Room and Finale from Star Wars; Imperial March from The Empire Strikes Back. Broadcasted on wgbh.org (2015).

18 hours ago, Bespin said:

It seems I have "lost" the audio from this concert... Wrongs bakcup habits!  Any help someone?

John Williams's Film Night / Newman, Lockhart, Boston Pops Esplanade O (Tanglewood, MA, 2014-08-22)

David Newman conducting: Suite from Forrest Gump (Silvestri); Suite from Sunset Boulevard (Waxman); Theme from Sabrina; The Wild Ride from North by Northwest (Herrmann); Selections from The Godfather (Rota); Opening Sequence from Star Trek Into Darkness (Giacchino); Theme from Mission: Impossible (Schifrin); Keith Lockhart conducting: Theme from Jurassic Park; The Barrel Chase Sequence from Jaws; Tango from Scent of a Woman (Gardel, arr. Williams); Theme from Laura (Raksin, arr. Morley); Excerpts from Fiddler on the Roof (Bock, adp. Williams); Throne Room and Finale from Star Wars; Imperial March from The Empire Strikes Back. Broadcasted on wgbh.org (2014).

I honestly believe that this particular concert wasn't broadcast at all...