Bespin

Wow, that's ludicrous to call the 1996 CD the first release of the score.  The 1982 OST LP is the first release of the score.  Just because there were 5 concert arrangements on that OST is absolutely no reason to classify it as anything unique.  The ROTJ OST has 6 concert arrangements, but isn't classified the same way as ET by you for some reason?

For me, a "re-recorded" album and the actual movie score, are two separate things.

Okay E.T. is a not a re-recording... But on the 35th anniversary of E.T., they didn't have the choice of presenting the two "works" separately.

Anyway, the case of E.T. will always be litigious... I don't care anymore, we can't re-write history. ;)

For Jaws too, I count two "original album"... the album is one thing... the score is another thing. Two different artistical objects.

And well, you know the other "re-recorded" albums in his disco...

Place yourself on the side of a collector, that want to find all the "essential" albums to get for ultimately being a "John Williams" completist.

If you only have the 1982 E.T. CD in your collection, you don't have everything. If you only have the 1975 album of Jaws, you don't have everything.

That's my point, just on Wikipedia by the way, of listing the "original albums" apart from the "expanded REISSUES albums" (on my website, the expansions are shown in the chronology with the albums).

Of course Jaws is a different case; The entire album was a brand new recording done later, in a different room, with some different musicians.  Ditto for The Fury, How To Steal A Million, Not With My Wife You Don't, Penelope, etc.

ET and ROTJ are not that.  Those original albums are made up of a combination of cues recorded for the film and cues recorded for the album, just like Star Wars or Superman or Harry Potter or Memoirs of a Geisha or The Terminal or Lincoln or Tintin or whatever else.  In all cases the concert arrangements were recorded with all the same musicians during the same block of recording dates.  There is zero reason to file any of those scores in any sort of unique way; It's Williams' completely standard procedure for all of them.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

ET and ROTJ are not that.  Those original albums are made up of a combination of cues recorded for the film and cues recorded for the album, just like Star Wars or Superman or Harry Potter or Memoirs of a Geisha or The Terminal or Lincoln or Tintin or whatever else.  In all cases the concert arrangements were recorded with all the same musicians during the same block of recording dates.  There is zero reason to file any of those scores in any sort of unique way; It's Williams' completely standard procedure for all of them.

I doubt that if Master Matessino do an expanded reissue of ROTJ he will put the "original album" on the 2nd CD, like he did for E.T.

If you don't see the difference between the two, you are, how do you say in english, of "bad faith" ?

Well, the way I described the 1996 E.T. release in my discographies was not totally true, so I corrected it.

I agree with you @Jay, we can't speak of a proper "Previously unreleased original score".  

FIXED.

Happy 35th anniversary E.T.!

Star Wars 3-LP and 40th expansion of CE3K added to the website.

p_40th_Star_Wars_A_New_Hope_Boxed_Set.jp

(Reissued in 2017 as 3-LP "Star Wars: A New Hope 40th Anniversary Box Set", Walt Disney Records)

p_LLLCD1433.jpg

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 40th Anniversary Remastered Edition (1977) (2017, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1433)

CD 1 - EXPANDED SOUNDTRACK PRESENTATION: Main Title and The Vision**; Navy Planes; Lost Squadron; Trucking; Into the Tunnel and Chasing UFOs; Crescendo Summit; False Alarm and The Helicopter; Barry's Kidnapping; Forming the Mountain; TV Reveals/Across Country; The Mountain; The Cover-up and Base Camp; The Escape; Climbing the Mountain; Outstretched Hands; The Light Show; Barnstorming; The Mothership; The Dialogue; The Returnees; The Appearance of the Visitors+; Contact; End Titles+; CD 2 - ALTERNATES AND ADDITIONAL MUSIC: ; Main Title**; Roy's First Encounter; Encounter at Crescendo Summit; Chasing UFOs; Watching the Skies*; Vision Takes Shape*; Another Vision*; False Alarm; The Abduction of Barry; The Cover-up; TV Reveals; Roy and Jillian on the Road; I Can't Believe It's Real; Across the Fields; Stars and Trucks; Who Are You People?; The Escape (Alternate); Climbing Devils Tower; Dark Side of the Moon*; The Approach*; Night Siege; The Conversation; Inside*+; Contact (Alternate)*; Eleventh Commandment*; TV Western*; Lava Flow*; The Five Tones*; Advance Scout Greeting*; The Dialogue (Early Version)*; Resolution and End Title. *Previously unreleased. **Contains previously unreleased material. +Contains "When You Wish Upon a Star" (interpolated), written by Ned Washington and Leigh Harline.

SOUNDTRACKS USING JOHN WILLIAMS'S THEMES
http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/composer/themes.htm

p_JusticeLeague.jpg

Justice League (2017, Sony Classical/WaterTower Music, 19075807262)

Music Composed by Danny Elfman, Original Superman Theme by John Williams.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

@Bespin, do you have this recording of JW's tuba concerto in your discography?

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00I595BIO?ref_=plp_pc_dp_ANTGW6E7G8T8R_B00I595BIO&me=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Great recording!

Yes on this page, where I try to list EVERY single recording of JW's concert works: http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/composer/concert.htm

The Last Jedi, the 143rd album of John Williams has been added to the Wiki discography.

It will be added on the website next week-end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Williams_discography

EDIT: website uptated too.

• 3 weeks later...

Website finally updated with TLJ, The Post and their FYC album.

p_D002714602.jpg

The Last Jedi [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (2017, Walt Disney Records, D002714602; Williams/Ross/Dudamel)

Main Title / Escape; Ahch-To Island; Revisiting Snoke; The Supremacy; Fun With Finn And Rose; Old Friends; The Rebellion Is Reborn; Lesson One; Canto Bight; Who Are You?; The Fathiers; The Cave; The Sacred Jedi Texts; A New Alliance; "Chrome Dome"; The Battle Of Crait; The Spark; The Last Jedi; Peace and Purpose; Finale.

p_coming-soon.jpg

(Released in 2017 as "For Your Consideration" Academy Promo downloadable album, Walt Disney Records)

Escape; Ahch-To Island; The Supremacy; Admiral Holdo; Fun With Finn And Rose; Connection; Lesson One; Canto Bight; The Master Codebreaker; The Fathiers; The Cave; Rey's Journey; A New Alliance; Holdo's Resolve; Chrome Dome; The Battle Of Crait; The Spark; The Last Jedi; Old Friends; Finale.

p_thePost.jpg

The Post [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (2017, Sony Classical; Williams)

The Papers; The Presses Roll; Nixon's Order; The Oak Room, 1971; Setting the Type; Mother and Daughter; Scanning the Papers; Two Martini Lunch; Deciding to Publish; The Court's Decision and End Credit.

p_thePostFYC.jpg

(Released in 2017 as "For Your Consideration" Academy Promo CD, Sony Classical)

The Papers and The Presidents; Reading the Papers; First Class Seat; Ben's Living Room; Wild About Harry; Let's Publish; Dad's Note; Setting The Type; Presses Roll; The Decision and End Credits.

• 3 weeks later...

As some are actually discussed in some threads, here's a focus on some "promo albums" featured in my discography.

p_nbc2000a.jpg

The Music of NBC News 2000 (2000, NBC News, NBC-2000A, Promo, Compilation)

Some tracks composed and conducted by John Williams.

p_nbca1005.jpg

The Music of NBC News Volume II (1997, NBC News, NBC-A1005, Promo, Compilation)

p_sk89364.jpg

American Journey (2002, Sony Classical, SK 89364; Mormon Tabernacle Ch., Utah S/Williams, Boston Pops O/Williams, Recording Arts O of LA/Williams)

Call Of The Champions (The Official Theme Of The 2002 Olympic Winter Games); American Journey I: Immigration And Building; American Journey II: The Country At War; American Journey III: Popular Entertainment; American Journey IV: Arts And Sports; American Joruney V: Civil Rights And The Women's Movement`American Journey VI: Flight And Technology; Song For World Peace; Jubilee 350;The Mission Theme (Theme For NBC News); For New York (Variations On Themes Of Leonard Bernstein); Sound The Bells!; Hymn To New England; Celebrate Discovery; Summon The Heroes (Written For The Centennial Celebration Of The Modern Olympic Games, Atlanta, Georgia, July 19, 1996).

p_cotc_promo.jpg

(Promo CD released in 2002, Sony Classical)

Tracks 1-5 "Call of the Champions" radio edits; Tracks 6-12 John Williams interview clips.

p_sk89965b.jpg

p_sk89965c.jpg

p_sk89965d.jpg

p_sk89965.jpg

Star Wars – Episode II: Attack of the Clones [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (2002, Sony Classical, SK 89965; London SO/Williams, London Voices)

Star Wars Main Title And Ambush On Coruscant; Love Theme From Attack Of The Clones; Zam The Assassin And The Chase Through Coruscant; Yoda And The Younglings; Departing Coruscant; Anakin And Padme; Jango's Escape; The Meadow Picnic; Bounty Hunter's Pursuit; Return To Tatooine; The Tusken Camp And The Homestead; Love Pledge And The Arean; Confrontation With Count Dooku And Finale.

p_aotc_promo.jpg

(Promo CD released in 2002, Sony Classical)

John Williams: Jedi Maestro. Radio Edit of "Across The Stars" with movie dialogue and effects and eleven interview clips from George Lucas and John Williams.

p_sk61816.jpg

Star Wars – Episode I: The Phantom Menace [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1999, Sony Classical, SK 61816; London SO/Williams, London Voices, New London Children's Ch.)

Star Wars Main Title / The Arrival At Naboo; Duel Of The Fates; Anakin's Theme; Jar Jar's Introduction / The Swim To Otoh Gunga; The Sith Spacecraft / The Droid Battle; The Trip To The Naboo Temple / The Audience With Boss Nass; The Arrival At Tatooine / The Flag Parade; He Is The Chosen One; Anakin Defeats Sebulba; Passage Through The Planet Core; Watto's Deal / Kids At Play; Panaka And The Queen's Protectors; Queen Amidala / The Naboo Palace; The Droid Invasion / The Appearence Of Darth Maul; Qui-Gon's Noble End; The High Council Meeting / Qui-Gon's Funeral; Augie's Great Municipal Band / End Credits.

p_tpm_promo.jpg

(Promo CD released in 1999, Sony Classical)

John Williams Interview for Radio. Recorded on Friday, April 9, 1999 at the Unversal Studios.

p_rs24201.jpg

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back [The Original Soundtrack From The Motion Picture] (1980, RSO, RS-2-4201; London SO/Williams)

DISC 1: Star Wars (Main Theme); Yoda's Theme; The Training Of A Jedi Knight; The Heroics Of Luke And Han; The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme); Departure Of Boba Fett; Han Solo And The Princess; Hyperspace; The Battle In The Snow; DISC 2: The Asteroid Field; The City In The Clouds; Rebels At Bay; Yoda And The Force; The Duel; The Magic Tree; Lando's Palace; Finale.

(Reissued in 1980, Polydor, 827-580-1)

p_rpo4201.jpg

(Released partially for promo in 1980, RSO, RPO-4201)

The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme); Yoda's Theme; The Asteroid Field; Han Solo And The Princess; Finale; Star Wars (Main Theme); Yoda And The Force; The Training Of A Jedi Knight; The Duel; Lando's Palace.

p_8252982.jpg

(Reissued partially in 1985, Polydor, 825 298-2)

The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme); Yoda's Theme; The Asteroid Field; Han Solo And The Princess; Finale; Star Wars (Main Theme); Yoda And The Force; The Training Of A Jedi Knight; The Duel; Lando's Palace.

p_rc31.jpg

John Wayne & The Cowboys [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1973, Promo, RC-31 Stereo)

Morning On The Ranch; Trouble; Moving Out; The Campsite; High Spirits; A Man To Respect; Nightfall; Training Spills; The Death Riders; Final Conflict; On The Trail Again; Wayward Ladies; Learning The Ropes; The Takeover; A Coward's Deed; Death Of A Cowboy; The Trap; End Of The Drive.

p_jw12.jpg

Images [The Original Sound Track Recording] (1972, Hemdale Music, JW 1/2, Promo)

In Search Of Unicorns; The House; Dogs, Ponies & Old Ruins; Visitations; Reflections; The Killing Of Marcel; The Love Montage; Blood Moon; Land Of The Ums; Nightwatch Rise; The Waterfall And The Final Chapter.

p_pcd163.jpg

(Reissued in 2007, Prometheus/Belgium, PCD163)

p_images2012.jpg

(Reissued for digital download in 2012, BSX Records)

p_mgms1e19_stx.jpg

Goodbye, Mr. Chips [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1969, MGM Records, MGM S1E-19 STX)

Overture; Fill The World With Love; Where Did My Childhood Go?; London Is London; And The Sky Smiled; Apollo; When I Am Older; Walk Through The World; Entr'Acte / What Shall I Do With Today?; What A Lot Of Flowers!; Schooldays; When I Was Younger; You And I; Fill The World With Love (Reprise); You And I (Orchestral Reprise). Lyrics by L. Bricusse; Music Conducted and Supervised by J. Williams.

(Released in 1969 for promo, MGM Records)

Fill The World With Love; Where Did My Childhood Go?; London Is London; What Shall I Do With Today?; And The Sky Smiled; Apollo; When I Am Older; Walk Through The World; What A Lot Of Flowers!; What A Lot Of Flowers! (Reprise); Schooldays; When I Was Younger; You And I; Fill The World With Love (Reprise). (Containing some alternates cues).

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Is the first version of Empire which you're listing here actually a 2 CD version?

No, 1 CD only. And for many years I wondered... why a so special track listing on this CD? I mean, it's really a mess. The Finale comes before the Main Theme and the CD opens with the Imperail March... How strange!!!

Then, I discovered that for the CD version, they simply used the track listing of the "promo" LP that was issued in 1980.

In fact, the order of the songs on the promo LP is very logical, as we know that first track of each side contains the "feature" track (like a single) and that there is more definition and bass on the outter grooves of a LP than on the inner ones.

But on a CD, it's uncomprehensible.

Polydor... When you don't knock yourself out... :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to learn that Legendary singer Vic Damone has died at age 89.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/02/12/legendary-singer-vic-damone-dies-at-age-89.html

Here's a little recap of his discography with John Williams.

With Vic Damone

p_cl1912.jpg

Young and Lively (1962, Columbia, CL-1912)

Music conducted by Johnny Williams.

p_cs8712.jpg

(Released in 1962, Columbia, CS-8712, Stereo)

(Reissued in 2012 for digital download, Hot Record Society)

p_hs11128.jpg

On The Street Where You Live: Vic Damone's Best (1986, Harmony, HS 11128, Compilation)

Music conducted by Johnny Williams: Maria; The Second Time Around; The Pleasure Of Her Company.

p_ahs11128.jpg

(Reissued in 1986 as "On The Street Where You Live: The Best Of Vic Damone", CBS Records, AHS 11128, Compilation)

p_4810142.jpg

That Towering Feeling!/Young and Lively (1996, Columbia, 4810142, Compilation)

"Young and Lively": Music conducted by Johnny Williams.

10 hours ago, Bespin said:

Sorry to learn that Legendary singer Vic Damone has died at age 89.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/02/12/legendary-singer-vic-damone-dies-at-age-89.html

Here's a little recap of his discography with John Williams.

With Vic Damone

p_cl1912.jpg

Young and Lively (1962, Columbia, CL-1912)

Music conducted by Johnny Williams.

p_cs8712.jpg

(Released in 1962, Columbia, CS-8712, Stereo)

(Reissued in 2012 for digital download, Hot Record Society)

p_hs11128.jpg

On The Street Where You Live: Vic Damone's Best (1986, Harmony, HS 11128, Compilation)

Music conducted by Johnny Williams: Maria; The Second Time Around; The Pleasure Of Her Company.

p_ahs11128.jpg

(Reissued in 1986 as "On The Street Where You Live: The Best Of Vic Damone", CBS Records, AHS 11128, Compilation)

p_4810142.jpg

That Towering Feeling!/Young and Lively (1996, Columbia, 4810142, Compilation)

"Young and Lively": Music conducted by Johnny Williams.

Williamdiand Damone did some half dozen songs for singles, three of them released on "Vic Damone's Best". If memory serves, while six songs were recorded, only four were released on single back then.

I forgot the Singles in my previous post:

With Vic Damone
1961 Adrift On A Star / The Pleasure Of Her Company Columbia Co-42006
1961 Theme from "By Love Possessed" / If It Is The Last Thing That I Do Columbia Co-42041
1968 Come Live with Me (from the 20th Century Fox Film "Valley of the dolls") - Arranged and Conducted by John T. Williams / The Glory of Love (and Theme from "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner") RCA 47-9399

On 20 January 2018 at 5:57 PM, Bespin said:

p_rpo4201.jpg

(Released partially for promo in 1980, RSO, RPO-4201)

Bespin, in my country, the only version of ESB released in 1980 when the film came onto circuit was a single LP. I know because it was the third JW recording my mom bought for me, after SW and Supes (I was only 7 when ESB came out). However, it did not have "Lando's Palace" but it did have "The Battle in the Snow" in it's place. Not sure if other territories also had this release in place of the double LP? I checked your site but did not see the single LP listed non-promo so thought I would ask.

18 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Bespin, in my country, the only version of ESB released in 1980 when the film came onto circuit was a single LP. I know because it was the third JW recording my mom bought for me, after SW and Supes (I was only 7 when ESB came out). However, it did not have "Lando's Palace" but it did have "The Battle in the Snow" in it's place. Not sure if other territories also had this release in place of the double LP? I checked your site but did not see the single LP listed non-promo so thought I would ask.

The USA Promo LP have Lando's Palace on it, but it is not the CD that came out in 1985, I'll correct that on my website ( I just made a copy/paste it seems! oops)

R-5322545-1517353866-6051.jpeg.jpg

But as I only list the USA original discography on my website, it's likely possible that other versions came out in different country.

I think the LP you talk about is listed here: http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/9106/Star+Wars%3A+Episode+V+-+The+Empire+Strikes+Back

17 hours ago, Bespin said:

I forgot the Singles in my previous post:

With Vic Damone
1961 Adrift On A Star / The Pleasure Of Her Company Columbia Co-42006
1961 Theme from "By Love Possessed" / If It Is The Last Thing That I Do Columbia Co-42041
1968 Come Live with Me (from the 20th Century Fox Film "Valley of the dolls") - Arranged and Conducted by John T. Williams / The Glory of Love (and Theme from "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner") RCA 47-9399

There is one funny story about Damone and Williams. While they only did one album together (plus those single's sessions) and later Damone was a guest at the Pops, Damone and Williams go back to the time the wanna be composer was living in New York in the 50's, studying at Julliard by day, playing in jazz clubs by night. Damone earliest hit was a recording of "On the Street where you live"from My Fair Lady, a song that almost didn't make to the actual show, before becoming a huge success thanks to Damone recording. Now, guess who told the singer that he should add that tune to his repertoire and record it...

Lost in space 4 LPs boxset added!

p_lost_space_vinyl.jpg

Lost in Space: The Complete John Williams Collection (2017, Spacelab9, SL9-2048-I-I, Compilation, 4 LP)

Disc 1 - The Reluctant Stowaway: Main Title Theme (Season One and Two); Smith's Entrance; Judo Chop; On the Pad; The Good Doctor; Preparations; Final Countdown; Escape Velocity / Robot Control; Meteor Storm; Defrosting / Log Book; Weightless Waltz; Bumper (Season One and Two)*; Robot Play-on / Doctor & Boy; The Monster Rebels; Message for President; A Walk in Space / To Be Continued; Bonus Track: End Title Theme (Season One and Two); Disc 2 - Island in the Sky: Strange Planet / Suiting Up; John's Descent / John's Fall; Rescue Orbit / Helmet it / Group Play-On; Stranglehold; The Landing; Lil Will and the Robot; Search for John; Monkey's Doo; Operation Rescue / Personal Chauffeur; Tractor Play-On / Electric Sagebrush; Watch & Learn / Keeping House; The Bad Doctor / Will is Threatened; Bonus Tracks: Library Cues from The Reluctant Stowaway**; Smith's Entrance; Meteor Storm; End Title Theme (Alternate Version) (Season One and Two); Disc 3 - The Hungry Sea: The Earthquake; Chariot Titles; Temperature Dropping / Nature's Display / Fahrenheit A Go-Go; The Chariot Continues; Boring Company; I, Messenger; Don's Ray; Space Bridge / John's Temper; Warming Rays / Sun Storm; Morning After; The Inland Sea; Land Ho / Kids Play-Off / Space Play-On; Strange Visitor; Home Sweet Home; Bonus Tracks: Library Cues from The Reluctant Stowaway and The Hungry Sea**; Earthquake; Strange Visitor (To Be Continued); The Monster Rebels; To Be Continued; Disc 4 - My Friend, Mr. Nobody: Wonderland Discovery; Hair Style Book; Penny's Friend; Diamonds / Smith and Penny / Diamond Play-Off; Penny's Cave; To the Cave; Gathering Wild Flowers; Moving Rocks / Mother and Daughter; Penny's Problem; Storm Coming Up; A New Galaxy; Bonus Tracks: Library Cues from the Reluctant Stowaway**; Final Countdown; Escape Velocity / Robot Control; Defrosting; Weightless Waltz; Season Three Main Title Theme; Season Three Bumper; Season Three End Title Theme. * Composed by Richard LaSalle; ** Composed by John Williams and Conducted by Lionel Newman.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I totally forgot to make a post about the anniversaries of 2018!

50 years

p_skao_2995.jpg

40 years

p_ab4175.jpg

p_mca3045.jpg

p_2bsk3257.jpg

35 years

p_8117671_Y1.jpg

30 years

p_9258462.jpg

25 years

p_mcad10859.jpg

p_mcad10969.jpg

20 years

p_drd50046.jpg

p_sk61649.jpg

10 years

p_cre3082502.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

@Bespin, is JW listed as a producer on the OST of CE3K?

The 1977 album, yes, according to filmtracks. But I can't confirm this, as I'm at work currently.

http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/close_encounters.html

The 1977 release has always said:

PRODUCED BY JOHN WILLIAMS *

ENGINEERED BY JOHN NEAL

* THEME FROM CE3K PRODUCED BY JOHN WILLIAMS AND RICK CHERTOFF

@Bespin VALLEY OF THE DOLLS was released in December, 1967.

28 minutes ago, Richard said:

@Bespin VALLEY OF THE DOLLS was released in December, 1967.

That seems right, I got "1968" from the soundtrackcollector website...  but I just saw an album review on Google that is from december.

I will correct that, thanks!

On 12/03/2018 at 1:06 PM, Richard said:

You're very welcome. Happy to help. Amity, as you know, means "friendship" :)

Fixed!

A porg-shaped vinyl... really??? :huh:

418459071159:360
http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10230

29 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Maybe you can roast it and eat it.

Children, do not roast you vinyls, it's not a good idea! :lol:

NEW LP releases added to the website:

p_50087384715.jpg

(Reissued in 2018 as 2-LP, Walt Disney Records, 50087384715)

Main Title / Escape; Ahch-To Island; Revisiting Snoke; The Supremacy; Fun With Finn And Rose; Old Friends; The Rebellion Is Reborn; Lesson One; Canto Bight; Who Are You?; The Fathiers; The Cave; The Sacred Jedi Texts; A New Alliance; "Chrome Dome"; The Battle Of Crait; The Spark; The Last Jedi; Peace and Purpose; Finale.

p_MOVATM190.jpg

(Reissued in 2018 as 2-LP, Music On Vinyl, MOVATM190)

The Papers; The Presses Roll; Nixon's Order; The Oak Room, 1971; Setting the Type; Mother and Daughter; Scanning the Papers; Two Martini Lunch; Deciding to Publish; The Court's Decision and End Credit.

Geez, they even did it with Charles Aznavour. I'm finished!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I forgot this totally useless LP compilation from 2017.

Fixed!

p_RSD2017.jpg

Lost in Space: Title Themes from the Hit TV Series (2017, Spacelab9, SL9-2039-1-3, 1 LP, Compilation)

• 2 weeks later...

A new recording of "For Lenny! For Lenny!" announced some months ago by our friend @Miguel Andrade

p_8508018.jpg

Bernstein: Marin Alsop's Complete Naxos Recordings (2018, Naxos, 8508018)

John Williams: For Lenny! For Lenny! (Sao Paulo SO/Alsop).

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/composer/concert.htm

___

And "Music On Vynil" continue their "reissue plan" of JW's soundtracks:

p_MOVATM160.jpg

___

(Reissued in 2018 as 2-LP, Music On Vinyl, MOVATM160)

And worth to mention, this new 2017 iTunes remastering... for those who like me, never had a proper version of this soundtrack to listen to!

p_valley_2017.jpg

(Reissued for digital download in 2017, UMG Recordings)

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/disco/albums.htm

Lost in Space new soundtrack added in the "SOUNDTRACKS USING JOHN WILLIAMS'S THEMES" section.

Please help me with this section... if I missed something... This one is hard for me to keep up to date.

p_LostInSpace2018.jpg

Lost in Space [Original Series Soundtrack] (2018, Lakeshore Records)

Music Composed by Christopher Lennertz, Original Lost in Space theme by John Williams.

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/composer/themes.htm

Nice what they did with How To steal A Million, in 2015 they digitally reisseud what I suspect to be the 2008 Intrada remastering, but in two separate digital albums:

p_stealOST2015.jpg

(Reissued for digital download in 2015, TP4 Music)

p_stealFR2015.jpg

(Reissued partially for digital download in 2015 "How to Steal a Million - The Film Recordings", TP4 Music)

Main Title; The Cellini Venus and Museum Fanfare; The Prowler; At Gun Point / Hark, a Pistol Shot; Simon Cons Nicole; The Spell; He Suspects Something / Nicole at the Ritz Bar; Normal Human Reactions; Locked In; The Key; The Phone Call; Hang on to Your Bucket; The True Gallic Character / The Can Can / In the Guards Room; End Title / End Cast.

I passed several hours in the last day to add some "new" "digital reissues" to my album webpage.

Finally, for a new fan that want to create a digital nice JW collection (when waiting for proper CD reissues or expansions) they can find many albums, even some which are in 24-bit Flac.

There are few exceptions, but many "old" albums are now available this way.

I though it was nice to mention it.

Go shopping on your favorite mp3/FLAC on-line store, you may have surprises!

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/disco/albums.htm

On that page you list The Post's vinyl edition (MOVATM190) as a 2LP, when it is of course only a 1LP.

SIDE A
1. THE PAPERS
2. THE PRESSES ROLL
3. NIXON'S ORDER
4. THE OAK ROOM, 1971
5. SETTING THE TYPE
6. MOTHER AND DAUGHTER    
SIDE B
1. SCANNING THE PAPERS
2. TWO MARTINI LUNCH
3. DECIDING TO PUBLISH
4. THE COURT'S DECISION AND END CREDITS