Bespin

2 hours ago, Jay said:

On that page you list The Post's vinyl edition (MOVATM190) as a 2LP, when it is of course only a 1LP.

SIDE A
1. THE PAPERS
2. THE PRESSES ROLL
3. NIXON'S ORDER
4. THE OAK ROOM, 1971
5. SETTING THE TYPE
6. MOTHER AND DAUGHTER    
SIDE B
1. SCANNING THE PAPERS
2. TWO MARTINI LUNCH
3. DECIDING TO PUBLISH
4. THE COURT'S DECISION AND END CREDITS

Thanks! Copy-paste problem, fixed!

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/disco/albums.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Last day of vacation, I'll be home tonight.  My discography has never been so out of date, my god!!! 

I'll be busy tomorrow!!!

Star Wars and Superman added to the website and Wikipedia:

SOUNDTRACKS CONDUCTED BY OTHERS

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/composer/others.htm

p_fsmbox2.jpg

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987) ("Superman: The Music", 2008, Film Score Monthly, FSM Box 2, Compilation)

Music by John Williams: DISC 5 - Fanfare/Space Saver; Main Title/Back in Time; Pow!/Good Morning; Smoke the Yokes/Nefarious; To Work/Train Stopper; Someone Like You (Lacy's Theme); Jeremy's Theme; For Real/The Class; Hair Raisers; Lacy/The Visit; First Nuclear Man; Nuke 1 Fight/Ashes; Headline; Fresh Air; United Nations/Net Man; Sunstroke/Enter Nuclear Man 2; Flight to Earth/Introducing Nuclear Man 2; Lacy (disco version); Lacy's Place; Ear Ache/Confrontation/Tornado; Volcano; Statue of Liberty Fight; DISC 6 - Nuclear Man Theme; Down With Flu; Two-Faced Lex/Missile Buildup; Persuader/Awakened; Abducted/Mutual Distrust; Metropolis Fight/Lift to the Moon; Moon Fight/Goodbye Nuke; Come Uppance/Lifted/Quarried/Flying With Jeremy/End Credits. Music adapted and conducted by Alexander Courage.

p_LLLCD1456.jpg

(Reissued as 2-CD in 2018, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1456)

CD 1: Fanfare/Space Saver; Main Title/Back in Time; Pow!/Good Morning; Smoke the Yokes/Nefarious; To Work/Train Stopper; Someone Like You (Lacy's Theme); Jeremy's Theme; For Real/The Class; Hair Raisers; Lacy/The Visit; First Nuclear Man; Nuke 1 Fight/Ashes; Headline; Fresh Air; United Nations/Net Man; Sunstroke/Enter Nuclear Man 2; Flight to Earth/Introducing Nuclear Man 2; Lacy (disco version); Lacy's Place; Ear Ache/Confrontation/Tornado; Volcano; Statue of Liberty Fight; CD 2: Nuclear Man Theme; Down With Flu; Two-Faced Lex/Missile Buildup; Persuader/Awakened; Abducted/Mutual Distrust; Metropolis Fight/Lift to the Moon; Moon Fight/Goodbye Nuke; Come Uppance/Lifted/Quarried/Flying With Jeremy/End Credits; ALTERNATES AND SOURCE MUSIC: Fresh Air [album version]; Someone Like You (Lacy's Theme) [slow version]; Red Square Band; SOURCE MUSIC AND SONGS BY PAUL FISHMAN: Superfly Guy; Headphone Heaven; Revolution Now; Saxy Sadie; Krypton Nights; Life's Too Dangerous; Workout; Lois Love. Music adapted and conducted by Alexander Courage.

I will not add all the 6 here, but it made a great succession of reissues since the original release in 1977.

p_l45753_4.jpg

Star Wars [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1977, 20th Century Records, L 45753/4 [2T-54]; London SO/Williams)

DISC 1: Main Title; Imperial Attack; Princess Leia's Theme; The Desert And The Robot Auction; Ben's Death And TIE Fighter Attack; The Little People Work; Rescue Of The Princess; Inner City; Cantina Band; DISC 2: The Land Of The Sand People; Mouse Robot And Blasting Off; The Return Home; The Walls Converge; The Princess Appears; The Last Battle; The Throne Room And End Title.

(Released in 1977, 20th Century Records, 2T-541 [0898])

(Reissued in 1977, RSO, 2T-541)

p_8000962.jpg

(Reissued in 1986, Polydor, 800 096-2)

p_sw_2lp_2016.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as 2-LP "Limited Edition Gold Vinyl", Sony Classical, FMW 37/8)

p_sw_2lp_201609.jpg

(Reissued in 2016 as 2-LP "Limited Edition Picture Disc", Super Deluxe Edition, Sony Classical, 88985354461)

p_anh_disney.jpg

(Reissued for digital download in 2017, Walt Disney Records)

p_40th_Star_Wars_A_New_Hope_Boxed_Set.jp

(Reissued in 2017 as 3-LP "Star Wars: A New Hope 40th Anniversary Box Set", Walt Disney Records)

p_D002585302.jpg

(Reissued in 2018, Walt Disney Records, D002585302, Remastered)

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

STAR WARS reissued in 1977, on RSO?

Really, Bes? Are you sure?

That's this one:

https://www.discogs.com/fr/The-London-Symphony-Orchestra-Star-Wars/release/2169637

R-2169637-1472403776-1257.jpeg.jpg

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Thanks, Bes. I've only ever known the 20 Century Fox, release.  This is an eye-opener. 

Well it's interresting of you are collecting Star Wars on vinyl. I always found this little cow very funny. :)

Williams played the piano on 1957's "Connie Haines sings a tribute to Helen Morgan", released on Tops L1606.

First released on CD by Simitar Records (#55472) in 197, with an extra track. Re-issued in 2002 with the original LP program in Spain on LPTime Records LPT1182.

Of interest as young Williams get's quite a lot of playing time. 

https://www.allmusic.com/album/sings-a-tribute-to-helen-morgan-mw0000246496

Full performing credits: 

Arranged and conducted by Lew Raymond
Piano: John T. Williams
Trumpet: Don Fagerquist
Vocals: Connie Haines
Woodwind: Ronny Lang

• 2 weeks later...

A brand new collaboration album for John Williams!

With John Powell

p_solo.jpg

Solo: A Star Wars Story [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (2018, Walt Disney Records, 50087385996)

Music composed and conducted by John Powell, except ''The Adventures of Han'' composed and conducted by John Williams; Original Star Wars music by John Williams.

____

And this new discovery made by @Miguel Andrade!

With Connie Haines

p_l_1606.jpg

Connie Haines sings a tribute to Helen Morgan (1957, Tops Records, L 1606)

Featuring John T. Williams (p).

p_55472.jpg

(Reissued in 1997 + Extra track, Simitar, 55472)

(Reissued in 2002, LPTime Records/Spain, LPT1182)

Thanks for the credit, @Bespin!

By the way, Williams also played on at least another Lew Raymond Orchestra disc: 

https://www.discogs.com/Lew-Raymond-Orchestra-Holiday-In-Spain/master/1252915

On the back cover notes, he is credited as soloist on two tracks: Malaguena and Ginaterias.

Part of this record was also released as a Nestor Amaral recording:

https://www.discogs.com/Nestor-Amaral-And-His-Continentals-Echoes-From-Spain/master/854602

Sadly no CD release for neither of them, though I'm waiting for a transfer of the former.

18 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

Thanks for the credit, @Bespin!

By the way, Williams also played on at least another Lew Raymond Orchestra disc: 

https://www.discogs.com/Lew-Raymond-Orchestra-Holiday-In-Spain/master/1252915

On the back cover notes, he is credited as soloist on two tracks: Malaguena and Ginaterias.

Part of this record was also released as a Nestor Amaral recording:

https://www.discogs.com/Nestor-Amaral-And-His-Continentals-Echoes-From-Spain/master/854602

Sadly no CD release for neither of them, though I'm waiting for a transfer of the former.

OK, I will add it as well, thanks!

I think there's still a lot of stuff we don't know that he worked on in 1956 and 1957. There are no films or TV compositions in this period that I'm aware of, so it was ALL session work -- whether for films, jazz albums or other entertainment albums. Mostly as pianist, sometimes as arranger. So it had to be a certain amount to sustain a livelihood. We've covered quite a bit of it, but there's still a way to go to unearth it all.

Lew Raymond recorded a number of albums for the Tops/Mayfair/Golden Tone label (they were all owned by Dave Pell, just with different price tags) around 1957, so it's likely that more of those had Williams on the piano bench, but we just don't get any further information on that on the back cover notes, besides those already mentioned earlier.

After the boxset "John Williams Conductor", here is the Spotify playlist "John T. Williams Conductor - Early collaborations" :D

I would rather say he rarely recorded his own arrangements for the music composed by others, instead! By lack of time maybe? When you compose yourself, direct an orchestra, rehearse with them, tour with them, record TV shows and albums... you may be tempted to ask your friends to write arrangements for you!

But I already did the exercice, and documented my discoveries on the "arrangements" page of my discography.

I think Cinema Serenade I & II are two great exceptions, as we can say he really "co-arranged" the both albums.

His arrangement of Hooray for Hollywood has been documented too... He recorded it on a Philips Album... Hollywood something...

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/arranger/index.htm

For whatever reason not many of Williams own arrangement during his Pops tenure have been recorded. Some can be found on Evening at Pops TV shows though. For example, there is a Stephen Foster medley of which there is a television recording from the 1987 4th of July concert.

His early albums (late 50's, early 60's), in which he would play the piano and/or conduct where mostly arranged by him, as well as the albums he did with the likes of Mahalia Jackson. Frankie Lane, Vic Damone and others. He also did many arrangements for Dave Pell in the late 50's. Pell even recorded one of those old arrangements in a 1984 album.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I assume this track was arranged by JW:

...because a JW conductor's score has been published:

No.

1. That's Entertainment: (3:37) Arranged by Richard Hayman
    a. That's Entertainment ((A. Schwartz - H. Dietz)
    b. Let me Entertain You (J. Styne)
1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Can someone told me the year of this publishing? I never knew, so I can't add it to my webpage...

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I assume this track was arranged by JW:

...because a JW conductor's score has been published:

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/that-s-entertainment-sheet-music/20655023?aff_id=15025

There is no commercial release of the Williams arrangement. He performed it a few times with the Boston Pops some years ago. Likely this was originally done during his tenure but just published more recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Discography updated with the new expansion:

p_vcl06181184.jpg

The Cowboys: The Deluxe Edition [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1972) (2018, Varèse Sarabande, VCL06181184)

THE FILM SCORE: Overture; Main Title – The Cowboys; The Hands Quit; The Boys; Wil and Ann; The Kids and Crazy Alice; Graveyard; Anybody That Tall; raining Montage; Long Hair and The Roundup; Nightlinger's Tale; To Belle Fourche; The First Night; Burning Daylight; Learning the Ropes (Vivaldi Concerto in D); Sour Mash; Long Hair's Threat; Entr'acte; Afraid of the Dark; Charlie's Demise; Charlie's Burial; Mrs. Collingwood's Girls; Long Hair Trails; Long Hair and Dan; Summer's Over; Drums of Manhood and The Execution; Into the Trap; The Battle; End Title and End Cast; ADDITIONAL MUSIC: Nightlinger's Tale (Alternate); Long Hair's Threat (Alternate); Entr'acte (Segment); The Execution (Alternate); Into the Trap (Alternate); End Title and End Cast (Alternate); Exit Music. Contains previously unreleased material.

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

The ritual is complete. 

Hail Matessino, full of music, Williams is with thee.  Blessed art thou amongst producers, and blessed is the fruit of thy labor, The Cowboys

You forgot a dot at the end.

Added!

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/composer/themes.htm

p_blm0725.jpg

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (2018, Backlot Music, BLM0725)

Music Composed by Michael Giacchino, Original Jurassic Park Themes by John Williams.

Today, the reissues you'll probably missed. 

If you have this material on previous CD releases, don't hesitate to buy the new releases, as the sound is better!

p_valley_2017.jpg

(Reissued for digital download in 2017, UMG Recordings) SOLD in 24 bit FLACs, better than on a CD.

p_fsr2228.jpg

John T. Williams - Jazz Beginnings (2006, Fresh Sound Records, FSR 2228, Compilation)

CD 1: The Most Beautiful Girl In The World; In A Little Spanish Town; I'll Take Romance; Zigeuner; Tenderly; Diane; Dear To My Heart; While We're Young; Wait Till You See Her; One Love; Bess,Oh Where's My Bess; Hello (John T. Williams); Aunt Orsavella (John T. Williams); Spring Is Here; Anything Goes; Caribe (John T. Williams); One Love; Our Waltz; CD 2: I've Got The World On A String; Get Happy; That Old Black Magic; Over The Rainbow; Let's Fall In Love; Stormy Weather; My Shinning Hour; Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea; Come Rain Or Come Shine; Here's What I'm Here For; Hit The Road To Dreamland; A Sleepin' Bee; All Of You; The Last Time I Saw Paris; I Can't Get Started; I Got Plenty O'Nuttin'; It's The Talk Of The Town; You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To; It Ain't Necessarily So; Tenderly; This Can't Be Love; Old Devil Moon; My Happy Time; There's A Small Hotel.

p_bmcd858.jpg

Rhythm in Motion/So Nice! with Johnny Desmond (2015, Fresh Sound Records, BMCD 858, Compilation)

Music arranged and conducted by Johnny Williams; Featuring Johnny Williams (p); Three Bonus tracks composed and performed by Johnny Williams: Tuesday's Theme, The Black Knight, Augie's Great Piano.

(Reissued for digital download in 2015, Blue Moon)

p_jm1005.jpg

(Reissued in 2013, Fresh Sound Records, JM 1005, Compilation)

(Reissued for digital download in 2013, Jazz in the Movies)

p_jm1007.jpg

Checkmate/Hong Kong (2015, Fresh Sound Records, JM 1007, Compilation)

"Checkmate": Music composed and conducted by Johnny Williams.

(Reissued for digital download in 2014, Jazz in the Movies)

On 6/29/2018 at 5:08 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

What's Augie's Great Piano? Something to do with TPM?

rare singles

Johnny Williams - Augie's Great Piano

I have restored Montreal, they didn't put it on their CD... I'll be happy to send it in FLAC to anymore who can sow me proof they bought the Fresh Sound Record CD 😀

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « 4-42516 williams columbia »

• 2 weeks later...

REMINDER  - These three exceptional recordings of John Williams can still be purchased (mp3 and FLAC) at bso.org

😀

With Frank McCourt

p_tanglewood75.jpg

Music from Angela's Ashes (2000) (2012, BSO Classics, Digital Release; McCourt, Boston Pops O/Williams)

Music composed and conducted by John Williams; Narrated by Frank McCourt.

With Dianne Reeves & Brian Stokes Mitchell

p_tanglewood75.jpg

Lerner and Loewe: "My Fair Lady", arranged for singers and jazz orchestra by John Williams (2004) (2012, BSO Classics, Digital Release; Reeves, Stokes Mitchell, Tanglewood Big Band Ens./Williams)

Music arranged and conducted by John Williams.

With James Taylor

p_tanglewood75.jpg

James Taylor And Friends (2009) (2012, BSO Classics, Digital Release; Taylor, Boston Pops Esplanade O/Williams)

Music conducted by John Williams.

Today, I will make a little "hommage" to the work of Mike Matessino.

Here's all the album he was involved regarding the mix, the edit or the mastering.

p_vcl06181184.jpg

The Cowboys: The Deluxe Edition [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1972) (2018, Varèse Sarabande, VCL06181184)

THE FILM SCORE: Overture; Main Title – The Cowboys; The Hands Quit; The Boys; Wil and Ann; The Kids and Crazy Alice; Graveyard; Anybody That Tall; raining Montage; Long Hair and The Roundup; Nightlinger's Tale; To Belle Fourche; The First Night; Burning Daylight; Learning the Ropes (Vivaldi Concerto in D); Sour Mash; Long Hair's Threat; Entr'acte; Afraid of the Dark; Charlie's Demise; Charlie's Burial; Mrs. Collingwood's Girls; Long Hair Trails; Long Hair and Dan; Summer's Over; Drums of Manhood and The Execution; Into the Trap; The Battle; End Title and End Cast; ADDITIONAL MUSIC: Nightlinger's Tale (Alternate); Long Hair's Threat (Alternate); Entr'acte (Segment); The Execution (Alternate); Into the Trap (Alternate); End Title and End Cast (Alternate); Exit Music. Contains previously unreleased material.

p_LLLCD1456.jpg

Superman IV - The Quest for Peace (2018, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1456)

CD 1: Fanfare/Space Saver; Main Title/Back in Time; Pow!/Good Morning; Smoke the Yokes/Nefarious; To Work/Train Stopper; Someone Like You (Lacy's Theme); Jeremy's Theme; For Real/The Class; Hair Raisers; Lacy/The Visit; First Nuclear Man; Nuke 1 Fight/Ashes; Headline; Fresh Air; United Nations/Net Man; Sunstroke/Enter Nuclear Man 2; Flight to Earth/Introducing Nuclear Man 2; Lacy (disco version); Lacy's Place; Ear Ache/Confrontation/Tornado; Volcano; Statue of Liberty Fight; CD 2: Nuclear Man Theme; Down With Flu; Two-Faced Lex/Missile Buildup; Persuader/Awakened; Abducted/Mutual Distrust; Metropolis Fight/Lift to the Moon; Moon Fight/Goodbye Nuke; Come Uppance/Lifted/Quarried/Flying With Jeremy/End Credits; ALTERNATES AND SOURCE MUSIC: Fresh Air [album version]; Someone Like You (Lacy's Theme) [slow version]; Red Square Band; SOURCE MUSIC AND SONGS BY PAUL FISHMAN: Superfly Guy; Headphone Heaven; Revolution Now; Saxy Sadie; Krypton Nights; Life's Too Dangerous; Workout; Lois Love. Music adapted and conducted by Alexander Courage.

p_LLLCD1433.jpg

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 40th Anniversary Remastered Edition (1977) (2017, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1433)

CD 1 - EXPANDED SOUNDTRACK PRESENTATION: Main Title and The Vision**; Navy Planes; Lost Squadron; Trucking; Into the Tunnel and Chasing UFOs; Crescendo Summit; False Alarm and The Helicopter; Barry's Kidnapping; Forming the Mountain; TV Reveals/Across Country; The Mountain; The Cover-up and Base Camp; The Escape; Climbing the Mountain; Outstretched Hands; The Light Show; Barnstorming; The Mothership; The Dialogue; The Returnees; The Appearance of the Visitors+; Contact; End Titles+; CD 2 - ALTERNATES AND ADDITIONAL MUSIC: Main Title**; Roy's First Encounter; Encounter at Crescendo Summit; Chasing UFOs; Watching the Skies*; Vision Takes Shape*; Another Vision*; False Alarm; The Abduction of Barry; The Cover-up; TV Reveals; Roy and Jillian on the Road; I Can't Believe It's Real; Across the Fields; Stars and Trucks; Who Are You People?; The Escape (Alternate); Climbing Devils Tower; Dark Side of the Moon*; The Approach*; Night Siege; The Conversation; Inside*+; Contact (Alternate)*; Eleventh Commandment*; TV Western*; Lava Flow*; The Five Tones*; Advance Scout Greeting*; The Dialogue (Early Version)*; Resolution and End Title. *Previously unreleased. **Contains previously unreleased material. +Contains "When You Wish Upon a Star" (interpolated), written by Ned Washington and Leigh Harline.

p_LLLCD1420.jpg

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial - 35th Anniversary Remastered Edition (1982) (2017, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1420)

CD 1 - THE FILM SCORE PRESENTATION: Main Title; Far From Home / E.T. Alone; Bait for E.T.; Meeting E.T.; E.T.'s New Home; The Beginning of a Friendship; Toys; I'm Keeping Him; E.T.'s Powers; The Closet*; E.T. and Elliott Get Drunk; Frogs; At Home; The Magic of Halloween; Sending the Signal; Searching for E.T.; Invading Elliott's House; Stay With Me*; Losing E.T.; E.T. Is Alive; The Rescue and Bike Chase; The Departure; End Credits; CD 2 - THE 1982 SOUNDTRACK ALBUM: Three Million Light Years From Home; Abandoned and Pursued; E.T. and Me; E.T.'s Halloween; Flying; E.T. Phone Home; Over the Moon; Adventure on Earth; ADDITIONAL MUSIC: The E.T. Adventure*; Far From Home / E.T. Alone (alternate)**; The Encounter*; Meeting E.T. (alternate)*; E.T.'s New Home (alternate); The Kiss*; Levitation*; Searching for E.T. (alternate); Invading Elliott's House (alternate)**; E.T. Is Dying; The Departure (alternate); End Credits (alternate). **Contains previously unreleased music, *Previously unreleased music.

p_vcl03171178.jpg

Stanley & Iris: The Deluxe Edition/Pete 'n' Tillie (1990/1972) (2017, Varèse Sarabande, VCL03171178)

STANLEY & IRIS (1990): Stanley And Iris; The Bicycle; The Pink Sweater; Iris After Work; Stanley At Work; Looking After Papa; Entering The Library; Night Visit; Factory Work; Naming The Trees; Finding A Family; Lost In The Streets; Stanley's Invention; The Kitchen Table; Seeing The Baby; Reading Lessons; Growing Together; Putting It All Together; Letters; End Title; FILM VERSIONS: Stanley And Iris; Stanley At Work; Looking After Papa; Stanley's Invention; Putting It All Together; Letters; PETE 'N' TILLIE (1972): Pete 'n' Tillie — Main Title; Afterglow; Marriage Book; Bedroom Scene; Vacation; For Robbie; Funeral; Hospital; End Title and End Cast; Love Theme. "Pete 'n' Tillie": Previously unreleased original score.

p_lllcd1409.jpg

The John Williams Jurassic Park Collection: Limited Edition (2016, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1409; Williams/Kane)

CD 1 - JURASSIC PARK: Opening Titles; Incident at Isla Nublar (Film Version); The Encased Mosquito; Entrance of Mr. Hammond; Journey to the Island; Hatching Baby Raptor (Film Version); You Bred Raptors?*; The History Lesson (Film Version); Jurassic Park Gate; Goat Bait; The Saboteur*; Ailing Triceratops; The Coming Storm (Film Version); Dennis Steals the Embryo; Race to the Dock*; The Falling Car and The T-Rex Chase**; A Tree for My Bed; Remembering Petticoat Lane; My Friend, the Brachiosaurus (Film Version); Life Finds a Way; CD 2: System Ready*; To the Maintenance Shed; High Wire Stunts; Hungry Raptor; The Raptor Attack; T-Rex Rescue and Finale; Welcome to Jurassic Park; ADDITIONAL MUSIC: Theme from Jurassic Park; Stalling Around; Welcome to Jurassic Park (Film Version); CD 3 - THE LOST WORLD: The Lost World; The Island's Voice; Revealing the Plans; To the Island; The Stegosaurus (Extended Version); Fire at Camp and Corporate Helicopters*; The Hunt; Big Feet*; Spilling Petrol and Horning In*; Up in a Basket*; In the Trailer*; On the Glass*; Rescuing Sarah (Extended Version)**; Reading the Map*; The Trek; The Compys!; CD 4: Ripples**; The Long Grass; Finding Camp Jurassic; The Raptors Appear; High Bar and Ceiling Tiles*; Heading North; Ludlow's Speech*; The Wrecked Ship; Monster on the Loose*; Visitor in San Diego (Extended Version); Ludlow's End; Tranquilizer Dart**; Jurassic Park Theme (End Credits); ADDITIONAL MUSIC: The Lost World (Alternate)**; Tranquilizer Dart and End Credits (Film Version). *Previously unreleased; **Contains previously unreleased material.

p_lllcd1374.jpg

Home Alone 25th Anniversary: Limited Edition (1990) (2015, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1374)

CD 1 - THE FILM SCORE: Home Alone (Main Theme); Go Pack Your Suitcase / Introducing Marley / In Good Hands; Banished To The Attic; We Slept In / Hard Count; Making The Plane; The Basement; Target Practice / Sledding On The Stairs; Lights On / Guess Whos Home / Paris Arrival; The Man Of The House / Police Check; The Bookshelf; Phone Machine / Drug Store / Escape Across The Ice; Follow That Kid! [Film Version]; Listening To Carson; Cleaning Clothes / Kitchen; Scammed By A Kindergartner [Film Version]; Somewhere In My Memory (Walking Home) [Film Version]; O Holy Night [Film Version]; Star Of Bethlehem [Film Version]*; Carol Of The Bells; Setting The Trap; The Attack Begins; Marv Enters The Basement / A Hot Hand / Sore Head; Paint Cans; Clothesline Trapeze / Marley To The Rescue; Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas [Film Version]*; The Next Morning / Mom Returns / Finale; We Wish You A Merry Christmas / End Title [Film Version]; ADDITIONAL MUSIC: Star Of Bethlehem [Orchestral Version]; Somewhere In My Memory (Walking Home) [Instrumental]; Jingle Bells; Christmas Carol Medley; Silent Night* (Chorus); God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen* (Chorus); O Holy Night (Alternate Finale); Somewhere In My Memory; CD 2 - THE 1990 SOUNDTRACK ALBUM: Home Alone Main Title (Somewhere In My Memory); Holiday Flight; The House; Star Of Bethlehem [Orchestral Version]; Man Of The House; White Christmas; Scammed By A Kindergartner; Please Come Home For Christmas; Follow That Kid!; Making The Plane; O Holy Night; Carol Of The Bells; Star Of Bethlehem; Setting The Trap; Somewhere In My Memory (Walking Home); The Attack On The House; Mom Returns And Finale; Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas; We Wish You A Merry Christmas / End Title; BONUS TRACKS: Run, Rudolph, Run; Rock And Roll Riff; Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas; Rockin Around The Christmas Tree. *Previously unreleased.

p_7145.jpg

Jaws [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1975) (2015, Intrada, INT 7145)

CD 1: Jaws – Main Title; The First Victim; Remains On The Beach; The Empty Raft (Extended Version); The Pier Incident; Father And Son (Film Version); The Alimentary Canal; Ben Gardner's Boat; Montage; Into The Estuary; Out To Sea (Film Version); Tug On The Line; Man Against Beast (Film Version); Quint's Tale; Brody Panics; Barrel Off Starboard; Great Chase; Shark Tows Orca; Three Barrels Under; From Bad To Worse; Quint Thinks It Over; The Shark Cage Fugue; The Shark Approaches (Film Version); The Shark Hits The Cage; Quint Meets His End; Blown To Bits; Jaws – End Title; THE EXTRAS: Jaws – Main Title (Alternate); The Typewriter; Man Against Beast (Alternate); Barrel Off Starboard (Alternate Segment); Great Chase (Alternate); Shark Tows Orca (Alternate); The Shark Approaches (Alternate); Quint Meets His End (Alternate); Wild Shark Theme; CD 2 - ORIGINAL 1975 MCA SOUNDTRACK ALBUM: Main Title (Theme From Jaws); Chrissie's Death; Promenade (Tourists On The Menu); Out To Sea; The Indianapolis Story; Sea Attack Number One; One Barrel Chase; Preparing The Cage; Night Search; The Underwater Siege; Hand To Hand Combat; End Title (Theme From Jaws); THE EXTRAS MUSIC FROM AMITY TOWN BEACH: Joplin Rag (Original Rag) (Scott Joplin); Winter Stories Waltz (Alphons Czibulka); In The Good Old Summertime (George Evans & Ren Shields); Thousand And One Nights Waltz (Johann Strauss Jr.); Marching Band No. 1; Marching Band No. 2.

p_mondoJaws.jpg

(Reissued partially in 2017 as 2-LP, available in "Ocean Blue" Vinyl and "Gram Black" Vinyl, Mondo Records, MOND-115)

Disc 1: Jaws – Main Title; The First Victim; Remains On The Beach; The Empty Raft (Extended Version); The Pier Incident; Father And Son (Film Version); The Alimentary Canal; Ben Gardner's Boat; Montage; Into The Estuary; Out To Sea (Film Version); Tug On The Line; Man Against Beast (Film Version); Disc 2: Quint's Tale; Brody Panics; Barrel Off Starboard; Great Chase; Shark Tows Orca; Three Barrels Under; From Bad To Worse; Quint Thinks It Over; The Shark Cage Fugue; The Shark Approaches (Film Version); The Shark Hits The Cage; Quint Meets His End; Blown To Bits; Jaws – End Title.

p_isc331.jpg

Jaws 2 [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1978) (2015, Intrada, Special Collection Volume ISC 331)

CD 1: Jaws 2 Main Title; The Shark Prowls; Sailing; The Water Kite; The Water Skier / Fire On Board; Catching The Cable; Brody's Thoughts / The Charred Body; The Menu (Film Version); Brody Misunderstood (Film Version); The Photo; More Boating; Ballet For Divers; Boats In Danger; Eddies Death; The Open Sea (Film Version); Rescue Party; Sinking The Catamaran; The Big Bite; Disabled Party; Munching The Helicopter; Sean's Rescue (3:03); Toward Cable Junction / More Teeth; The Big Jolt! (Extended Version); End Title / End Credits; THE EXTRAS: Jaws 2 Main Title (Alternate Take); The Menu (Alternate Take); Boats In Danger (Alternate Edit); The Big Bite (Alternate Edit); End Credits (Alternate); CD 2 - ORIGINAL 1978 MCA SOUNDTRACK ALBUM: Finding The Orca (Main Title); The Menu; Ballet For Divers; The Water Kite Sequence; Brody Misunderstood; The Catamaran Race; Toward Cable Junction; Attack On The Helicopter; The Open Sea; Fire Aboard And Eddies Death; Seans Rescue; Attack On The Water Skier; The Big Jolt!; End Title / End Cast.)

p_lllcd1353.jpg

A.I. Artificial Intelligence [Expanded Archival Collection] (2001) (2015, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1353; Bonney, Williams)

CD 1 - THE FILM SCORE: Cybertronics; Henry Is Selected; David's Arrival; Of Course I'm Not Sure; Hide And Seek (extended version); David Studies Monica; Reading The Words; Wearing Perfume; Martin Is Alive; David And Martin; Canoeing With Pinocchio; David And The Spinach / The Operating Scene; The Scissor Scene; The Pool Rescue; Monica's Plan; Abandoned In The Woods (extended version); The Moon Rising / The Biker Hounds; Remembering David Hobby; Journey To Rouge City; Immaculate Heart; To Manhattan; A.I. Theme (instrumental version); CD 2 - THE FILM SCORE (cont'd): The Mecha World (extended version); Replicas; Finding The Blue Fairy; Journey Through The Ice (part 1); Journey Through The Ice (part 2); Stored Memories; What Is Your Wish; The Specialist Visits; The Reunion; Where Dreams Are Born; A.I. Theme (vocal version); CD 3 - ADDITIONAL MUSIC: For Always (performed by Lara Fabian; lyrics: C. Weil); Cybertronics (alternate); David's Arrival (alternate); Canoeing With Pinocchio (alternate); Abandoned In The Woods (alternate); The Biker Hounds (extension); Inside Dr. Know's; Replicas (alternate); Finding The Blue Fairy (alternate); Finding The Blue Fairy (orchestral excerpt); What Is Your Wish (alternate); The Reunion (alternate); Abandoned In The Woods (album version); For Always (performed by Lara Fabian and Josh Groban; lyrics: C. Weil).

p_lllcd1300.jpg

Empire of the Sun [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1987) (2014, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1300; Rainbird, Williams, Ambrosian Junior Ch./McCarthy)

CD 1 - THE FILM SCORE: Suo Gan (extended version)** (Performed by The Ambrosian Junior Choir); Home and Hearth**; Trip Through the Crowd; Imaginary Air Battle; Japanese Infantry*; Lost in the Crowd; Alone at Home*; The Empty Swimming Pool*; The Streets of Shanghai; The Plane; Jim's New Life; The Pheasant Hunt; The British Grenadiers (traditional); Cadillac of the Skies; Mrs. Victor and James*; The Return to the City; Seeing the Bomb**; Bringing Them Back*; Liberation: Exsultate Justi; Suo Gân (Performed by The Ambrosian Junior Choir); Exsultate Justi (extended version)**; CD 2 - ADDITIONAL MUSIC: Chopin: Mazurka, Op. 17 No. 4 (excerpt)*; Imaginary Air Battle (alternate)*; Alone at home (alternate)*; The Streets of Shanghai (film version segment)*; The Streets of Shanghai (alternate segment)*; Chopin Again; The Plane (alternate)*; Cadillac of the Skies (alternate)*; The Return to the City (alternate)*; Exsultate Justi. *Previously unreleased. **Contains previously unreleased music.

p_lllcd1244.jpg

Rosewood [Music From The Motion Picture] (1997) (2013, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1244; Caesar, Parks, Morgan, Williams)

CD 1 - THE INSTRUMENTAL SCORE: Rosewood; The Town of Sumner; The Arrival of Mann; Mann Goes Shopping / Mann Meets Scrappie; Prayers at Dinner / The Wrights / War Drums; Scrappie and Mann Bond / The Beating; False Accusation; The Lie / Arresting Aaron; Roughing up Aaron / Aaron in Jail; Sam's Murder; Discovering Sam's Body / Mann's First Exit; Exchanging Gifts / Cracker Mob; Sarah is Shot / Attack on the House; Kids to the Woods / The House Burns; The Fire / Fanny's Guilt; The Klan Gathers / Wright's Decision / The Crackers Gather; Mann Rescues the Kids; Hide the Man, John / Wright's Dilemma / We Meet at Eight; Mann Leads the Group; Crossing the Road; The Capture of Mann / Mann's Great Escape; Burning Town / Sylvester Joins the Group; After the Fire; End Titles; CD 2 - 1997 SOUNDTRACK ALBUM: Rosewood; Look Down, Lord; The Hounds of Sumner; Healing; Light My Way; Trouble in Town; Aunt Sarah's Death; After the Fire; The Town of Sumner; The Town Burns; Scrappie and Mann Bond ; The Freedom Train; False Accusation; Mann at Rosewood; Look Down, Lord (Reprise and Finale).

p_lllcd1238.jpg

The Fury [Expanded Original Motion Picture Score] (1978) (2013, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1238; London SO/Williams)

CD 1 - THE SOUNDTRACK: Main Title; Out Of The Water; The Train Wreck; Through The Alley; The Fog Scene; Hester's Theme; For Gillian; Vision On The Stairs; Eavesdropping; Surveillance; Gillian's Vision; The Conspiracy; Descent; Death On The Carousel; Gillian's Escape; Remembering Robin; Before Dinner; Approaching The House; Lifting Susan; The Fall; Father Meets Son; Gillian's Power; End Credits; Chicago Street (Source)*; More Bubble Gum (Source)*; Hold You (Source)*; I'm Tired (Source)*; Wild ARP; ARP Theme; Bed Scene; Calliope Waltz*; Calliope Goes Wild / Death On A Carousel*; CD 2 - THE ALBUM: Main Title; For Gillian; Vision On The Stairs; Hester's Theme And The House; Gillian's Escape; The Search For Robin; Gillian's Vision; Death On The Carousel And End Title; Epilogue; Death On The Carousel (Original Version). *Previously unreleased.

p_lllcd1232.jpg

Home Alone 2 [Expanded Original Motion Picture Score] (1992) (2012, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1232)

CD 1: Somewhere in My Memory (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); Star of Bethlehem (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); Home Alone (Main Title); This Year's Wish; We Overslept Again / Holiday Flight; Separate Vacations; Arrival in New York; The Thieves Return; Plaza Hotel; Concierge; Distant Goodnights (Christmas Star) (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); A Day in the City; Duncan's Toy Store; Turtle Doves; To the Plaza, Presto; ace to the Room / Hot Pursuit; Haunted Brownstone; Appearance of the Pigeon Lady; Christmas at Carnegie Hall; O Come, All Ye Faithful / O Little Town of Bethlehem / Silent Night; CD 2: Christmas Star - Preparing the Trap (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); Another Christmas in the Trenches; Running Through Town; Luring the Thieves; Kevin's Booby Traps; Down the Rope / Into the Park; Reunion at Rockefeller Center / It's Christmas; Finale; We Wish You a Merry Christmas / Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); End Titles ("Somewhere in My Memory"); God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen / Good King Wenceslas*; ADDITIONAL MUSIC: The Christmas Song*; Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!*; Winter Wonderland*; My Christmas Tree (J. Feldman, A. Menken); Christmas Star (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas (alternate)*; Celebrity Ding-Dang-Dong*; Holiday Flight (alternate); Suite from "Angels with Filthy Souls II"; Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas (orchestra). *Previously unreleased.

p_vcl10111124.jpg

Midway [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1976) (2011, Varèse Sarabande CD Club, VCL 1011 1124; Williams/Ragland)

Prologue / Main Title; Yamamoto's Choice; Signal Corps Con; Yamamoto's Second Meeting; Hiroshima Harbor; Haruko's Dilemma; By Order Of Nimitz; Canceling Operation K; Strawberry 5; Missing The Flatlands; Morning Of The Battle; Scout 4; Ensign Gay Afloat; Burning Carriers; Crash Landing; Good News For The Nimitz; Matt Takes Off / Matt's Crash / Red Parks Fighters / Attack Begins; End Credits; The Men Of The Yorktown March; Midway March. Previously unreleased original score.

p_fmscd_vol14no16.jpg

Nightwatch/Killer by Night [Original Television Soundtrack] (1965/1972) (2011, Film Score Monthly, FSMCD Vol. 14, No. 16)

"Nighwatch": Music composed and conducted by John Williams. Previously unreleased original scores.

p_lllcd1179.jpg

1941 [Original Motion Picture Score] (1979) (2011, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1179)

CD 1 - THE FILM SCORE: "1941" Main Title; Chrissie Takes Another Swim**; Sub Commander / Wild Bill Kelso**; Donna's Obsession / Birkhead's Pitch**; Poppa's Got a Gun*; You Have Been Chosen / You, You, You*; Capture of Hollis / Kelso Lost*; The Crackerjack Box*; The Sentries**; The Escape of Hollis*; More About Donna*; The Count Down / Swing, Swing, Swing**; The Brannigan; Here We Go; Kelso in Barstow**; Service Tunes*; Encounters*; Kelso's Attack / Deep in the Heart of Texas**; Eat Lead*; Defending the Homeland*; Wally Saves Betty**; Sound Off / Stolen Motorcycle*; Ward's Big Gun*; Going My Way Sister*; More Kelso; Taking Aim*; The Ferris Wheel**; The Tank Approaches / Finale*; "1941" End Credits; CD 2 - THE 1979 SOUNDTRACK ALBUM: The March From "1941"; The Invasion; The Sentries; Riot at the U.S.O.; To Hollywood and Glory; Swing, Swing, Swing; The Battle of Hollywood; The Ferris Wheel Sequence; Finale; SOURCE MUSIC: In the Mood H; Jingle Bells*; Down By the Ohio (Instrumental)*; Play-Off*; Goodnight, Sweetheart*; ADDITIONAL MUSIC: Promo Trailer*; Sub Commander / WildBill Kelso / Capture of Hollis (alternate)**; The Escape of Hollis (alternate)*; Kelso in Barstow (alternate)**; Defending the Homeland (alternate)*; Sound Off (alternate)*; More Kelso (alternate); Finale (alternate)*; "1941" End Credits (alternate). *Previously unreleased. **Contains previously unreleased material.

(Reissued in 2015, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1179)

p_fsmcdcol14no14.jpg

Not With My Wife, You Don't, Vol. 2 — Original Soundtrack (1966) (2011, Film Score Monthly, FSMCD Vol. 14, No. 14)

A Big Beautiful Ball; Jalousie / The Green-Eyed Monster / Jalousie Again / The Globs / Harry is Perturbed / Tuba Bell / Drum Cadence; Ferris Wheel March; General Parker's Arrival; My Inamorata; Pajama Talk; The American Eagle; Korean Juke Box #1; Korean Juke Box #2; Korean Juke Box #3; Defending the Flag / It'll Take Hours; Butterflies; Tank's Charm; Brandy Snifter / Making Wallets / More Wallets / Still More Wallets; Two of Everything; Tank Shinto; Bowed Heads and Flowers; Tom's Jealousy; Discotheque #1 (Not With My Wife, You Don't!); Discotheque #2 (Not With My Wife, You Don't!); Two of Everything; Off to Labrador / Eskimo Pie / Row Your Own Boat; Tank's Beach Party / Two of Everything; Rosa & Vittorio / Hero's Horns; Arrivederci Mondo; Cold Feet; High Tank; Tom Goes A.W.O.L.; Tom's Anger; Rome Radio; Exterior Capitol / End Title; A Big Beautiful Ball (End Credits); BONUS TRACKS: A Big Beautiful Ball (instrumental); Discotheque #1 (instrumental); Discotheque #2 (instrumental); Ciao, Baby (alternate End Title); A Big Beautiful Ball (alternate); Main Title (Big Beautiful Ball) (album version). Previously unreleased original score.

p_lllcd1158.jpg

Home Alone [Expanded Original Motion Picture Score] (1990) (2010, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1158)

Somewhere in My Memory (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); Star of Bethlehem [Orchestral Version]; Home Alone (Main Theme); Go Pack Your Suitcase / Introducing Marley / In Good Hands*; Banished to the Attic; We Slept In / Hard Count*; Making the Plane; The Basement; Target Practice / Sledding on the Stairs**; Lights On / Guess Who's Home / Paris Arrival*; The Man of the House / Police Check**; The Bookshelf; Phone Machine / Drug Store / Escape Across the Ice**; Follow That Kid!; Listening to Carson*; Cleaning Clothes / Kitchen*; Scammed by a Kindergartner; Walking Home (Somewhere in My Memory) (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); O Holy Night*; Star of Bethlehem (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); Carol of the Bells; Setting the Trap; The Attack Begins; Marv Enters the Basement / A Hot Hand / Sore Head*; Paint Cans; Clothesline Trapeze / Marley to the Rescue**; The Next Morning / Mom Returns / Finale; We Wish You a Merry Christmas / End Title (Somewhere in My Memory) (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); ADDITIONAL MUSIC: Walking Home [Without Chorus]; Clothesline Trapeze [Film Version Insert]*; Jingle Bells*; Christmas Carol Medley*; Finale [Alternate & O Holy Night]*; We Wish You a Merry Christmas / End Title (Somewhere in My Memory) [Original Soundtrack Version] (Lyrics: L. Bricusse). *Previously unreleased. **Contains previously unreleased material.

p_vcl11101115.jpg

Family Plot (1976) (2010, Varèse Sarabande CD Club, VCL 1110 1115)

The First Séance; Blanche's Challenge; The Mystery Woman; The Rescue of Constantine / The Diamond Chandelier; Kitchen Pranks; The Shoebridge Headstone; Maloney's Visit to the Jewelry Store / Maloney's Knife / The Stake Out; The Second Séance; Nothing Held Back; The White Mustang; Blanche and George; Maloney's Exit; Share and Share Alike; The Mondrian Shot / The Revealed Identity; The Search Montage; Blanche's Arrival / Blanche's Note; Blanche Gets the Needle; Breaking into the House; The Secret Door / Blanche Wakes Up; End Cast; Family Plot Theme; The Stonecutter. Previously unreleased original score.

p_lllcd11133.jpg

The Poseidon Adventure [Original Motion Picture Score] (1972) (2010, La-La Land Records, LLLCD 1133)

Main Title; Rogo And Linda; The Big Wave / The Aftermath; Raising The Christmas Tree; Nonnie And Red / Up The Tree; Death's Door / The Upturned Galley; Through The Galley; The Other Survivors; Search For The Engine Room; Barber Shoppe Scene; Saving Robin; The Death Of Belle; Hold Your Breath; The Red Wheel; Rogo Takes Command; End Title (The Rescue); ALTERNATES AND SOURCE MUSIC: Main Title (alternate #1); New Year's Party (version 1); To Love ; New Year's Party (version 2); Main Title (alternate #2); "The Morning After" (version 1); "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing"; "Give Me The Simple Life" / "A Certain Smile"; "The Morning After" (instrumental); "Auld Lang Syne"; "The Morning After" (version 2); End Title (alternate).

p_fsmcdvol12no19.jpg

Black Sunday [Music From The Motion Picture] (1977) (2010, Film Score Monthly, FSMCD Vol. 12, No. 19)

Beirut; Commandos Arrive; Commando Raid; It Was Good / Dahlia Arrives / The Unloading; Speed Boat Chase; The Telephone Man / The Captain Returns; Nurse Dahlia / Kabakov's Card / The Hypodermic; Moshevsky's Dead; The Test; Building the Bomb; Miami / Dahlia's Call; The Last Night; Preparations; Passed; The Flight Check; Airborne / Bomb Passes Stadium; Farley's Dead; The Blimp and the Bomb; The Take Off; Underway; Air Chase (Part 1); Air Chase (Parts 2 and 3) / The Blimp Hits; The Explosion; End Title; ALTERNATES AND SOURCE MUSIC: Hotel Lobby (source); Fight Song #1 (source); Fight Song #2 (source); End Title (alternate, without percussion); The Explosion (revised ending) / End Title (film edit). Previously unreleased original score.

p_mond054.jpg

(Reissued in 2015 as 2-LP, Mondo Records, MOND-054)

p_2016_bs_lll.jpg

(Reissued for digital download in 2016, La-La Land Records)

p_vol12no12.jpg

None But the Brave (1965) (2009, Film Score Monthly, Vol. 12, No. 12)

Main Title / Kuroki's Introduction; The Boat Detail; Busy Hands / Kuroki Prepares for War / Fishing Spear; Night Adventure; The Enemies Repair; Ship in Sight / When Enemies Meet / Oduka Whistles / Kuroki's Challenge / Connection; Brothers in Command / The Water Hole; Water Logged; Waiting for Battle; The Dream of Hope Is Ashes / Hirano's Problem; The Bargain / Mahoney Gets the News; Uneasy Peace / Oduka and Craddock; Kuroki's Refelction; Mahoney's Reflection / Mahoney's Analysis;Oduka and the Shark; Good Friends Part / Radio Contact; The Separation; The Final Flight / The Spirit Lives / End Cast; BONUS TRACKS: Piano Theme (piano: Johnny Williams); Word From Waikiki; Kuroki's Introduction (Alternate #1); Kuroki's Introduction (Alternate #2); Trailer; None But The Brave; Sylvia. Music conducted by Morris Stoloff.

p_isc83.jpg

p_isc83b.jpg

How to Steal a Million/Bachelor Flat (1966/1962) (2008, Intrada Special Collection, ISC 83)

CD 1 - HOW TO STEAL A MILLION, THE ORIGINAL 1966 ALBUM RE-RECORDING: Main Title; Two Lovers Theme; Simon Says; Fanfare and March to the Museum; Nicole; The Can Can; Two Lovers; The Key; The Cellini Venus; At Maxim's; The Prowler; End Title; CD 2 - HOW TO STEAL A MILLION, THE FILM RECORDINGS: Main Title; The Cellini Venus and Museum Fanfare; The Prowler; At Gun Point / Hark, a Pistol Shot; Simon Cons Nicole; The Spell; He Suspects Something / Nicole at the Ritz Bar; Normal Human Reactions; Locked In; The Key; The Phone Call; Hang on to Your Bucket; The True Gallic Character / The Can Can / In the Guards Room; End Title / End Cast; BACHELOR FLAT: Reggie in the Colonies; Main Title; Professor's Pad / Libby Comes Home; Mama in Paris; Transistor Radio; Home Cookin'; Libby Da Lip / Bra and Panties; Poor Mike / Short Trip; Artificial Respiration; Mambone; Effects of Alcohol; Galloping Gladys; End Cast; Trailer. Previously unreleased original scores.

p_fsmbox2.jpg

Superman: The Music (1978-1988) (2008, Film Score Monthly, FSM Box 2, Compilation, 8 CD)

Music composed and conducted by John Williams: Theme From Superman; Prelude and Main Title; The Planet Krypton; etc.

(Reissued in 2008, Film Score Monthly, FSM Box 2)

p_fsmcd_vol9no6.jpg

Goodbye, Mr. Chips [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1969) (2006, Film Score Monthly, FSMCD Vol. 9, No. 6)

CD 1 - FILM SCORE RECONSTRUCTION: Overture; "Fill the World With Love" (Main Title); "Where Did My Childhood Go?"; Flossie from Fulham Overture and Play-on; "London Is London"; Pompeii; "And the Sky Smiled"; Know Yourself ("And the Sky Smiled" Reprise); "Apollo"; "When I Am Older"; "Walk Through the World"; "Fill the World With Love" (Assembly); Katherine Overhears; First Act Finale; Entr'Acte and "What Shall I Do With Today?"; "What a Lot of Flowers"; A Lesson ("What a Lot of Flowers" Reprise); Fifteenth Anniversary; The Postcard ("And the Sky Smiled" Reprise); "School Days"; "When I Was Younger" and Chips Resigns; "You and I"; Chips Accepts; Very Pleased; Katherine's Death; The Boys React; "Fill the World With Love" (Finale) and End Title; Exit Music ("You and I" Orchestral Reprise); ALTERNATES: "Fill the World With Love" (Main Title) (film version); First Act Finale (alternate); End Title (film version); CD 2 - NARRATIVE SEQUENCE OF ALTERNATES AND SOURCE MUSIC WITH INTERVIEWS: "Fill the World With Love" (Main Title) [treble version]; Interview Segment #1 -- Peter O'Toole; "Where Did My Childhood Go?" (alternate); Interview Segment #2 -- Petula Clark; "London Is London" (alternate); Savoy (source); Pompeii (alternate); "And the Sky Smiled" (alternate); "Apollo" (alternate); "When I Am Older" (alternate); "And I Would Love You" (source) [Diana Lee, Jerry Whitman]; "The Perfect Man" (source) [Diana Lee]; Katherine's Party Piano (source); "Walk Through the World" (alternate); "Fill the World With Love" (Assembly) [solo version]; "Integer Vitae" (source); First Act Finale (alternate #2); "What Shall I Do With Today?" (alternate); Ursula's Party (source); Ursula's Memory (source); Interview Segment #3 -- Peter O'Toole; "What a Lot of Flowers" (alternate); "O Worship the King" (source); "What a Lot of Flowers" Reprise (alternate); Interview Segment #4 -- Petula Clark; "School Days" (alternate); "When I Was Younger" (alternate); "You and I" (alternate); Interview Segment #5 -- Peter O'Toole; "Fill the World With Love" (Finale) (alternate); End Title (alternate); CD 3 - ORIGINAL 1969 SOUNDTRACK ALBUM: Overture; "Fill the World With Love"; "Where Did My Childhood Go?"; "London Is London"; "And the Sky Smiled"; "Apollo"; "When I Am Older"; "Walk Through the World"; Entr'Acte and "What Shall I Do With Today?"; "What a Lot of Flowers" and Reprise; "School Days"; "When I Was Younger"; "You and I"; "Fill the World With Love" (Finale) and End Title; "You and I" Orchestral Reprise; ADDITIONAL ALTERNATES AND UNUSED SONGS: "Fill the World With Love" (demo); "The Roll Call" (demo/unused); "That's a Boy" (demo/unused); "Today" (demo/unused); "No One's Ever Been in Love" (demo/unused); "Walk Through the World" (demo); "London Is London" (original playback); "Tomorrow With Me" (unused); End Title (demo/alternate). Lyrics by L. Bricusse; Music Conducted and Supervised by J. Williams.

p_vlc11021014.jpg

Home Alone 2 – Lost in New York [Original Score] (1992) (2002, Varèse Sarabande CD Club, VCL 1102 1014)

CD 1: Home Alone (Main Title); This Year's Wish*; We Overslept Again/Holiday Flight**; Separate Vacations*; Arrival in New York**; The Thieves Return; Plaza Hotel**; Concierge**; Distant Goodnights (Christmas Star) (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); A Day in The City*; Duncan's Toy Store**; Turtle Doves*; To The Plaza, Presto**; Race to The Room / Hot Pursuit**; Haunted Brownstone; Appearance of The Pigeon Lady; Christmas At Carnegie Hall; O Come, All Ye Faithful / O Little Town of Bethlehem/Silent Night; CD 2: Christmas Star - Preparing The Trap (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); Another Christmas in The Trenches**; Running Through Town; Luring The Thieves*; Kevin's Booby Traps**; Down The Rope / Into The Park; Reunion At Rockefeller Center / It's Christmas**; Finale**; We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Traditional) / Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); End Title*; Holiday Flight (Alternate)*; Suite From "Angels With Filthy Souls II"*; Somewhere in My Memory (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); Star of Bethlehem (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); Christmas Star (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas**. *Previously unreleased. **Contains previously unreleased material.

p_fsmcdvol3no5.jpg

A Guide For The Married Man [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1967) (2000, Film Score Monthly, FSMCD Vol. 3, No. 5)

"A Guide for the Married Man" (The Turtles); Prologue/Off to Work; Main Title: "A Guide for the Married Man"; Why Do They Do It?; Backyard Barbecue; The Bust-Up Scene; The Perfume Problem; The Globetrotters; Smelly Concoction; The Party; What Was I Wearing?; Piano Bar; Search for the Hideaway; The Considerate Husband; Misdirection/Emergency Kit; Bantu Cuisine; Trial Run; The Divorcee; Making the Move; Second Thoughts; The Race Home (alternate); Finale-No Place Like Home; BONUS TRACKS: Off to Work (alternate); The Movie Star; TV Music; Who Was the Most Attractive?; Romanoff's ; The Real Thing; The Race Home (film version); Finale-No Place Like Home (alternate); End Title: "A Guide for the Married Man". Previously unreleased original score.

p_8122758742.jpg

Superman: The Movie [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1978) (2000, Warner Archives, 8122-75874-2/Rhino Records, R2 75874; London SO/Williams)

CD 1: Prelude And Main Title March**; The Planet Krypton**; Destruction Of Krypton**; Star Ship Scapes*; The Trip To Earth; Growing Up**; Death Of Jonathan Kent*; Leaving Home; The Fortress Of Solitude**; Welcome To Metropolis*; Lex Luthor's Lair**; The Big Rescue*; Super Crime Fighter**; Super Rescues**; BONUS TRACKS: Luthor's Luau (Source)*; The Planet Krypton (Alternate)**; Main Title March (Alternate); CD 2: Superman March (Alternate)**; The March Of The Villains; The Terrace*; The Flying Sequence; Lois And Clark*; Crime Of The Century*; Sonic Greeting*; Misguided Missiles And Kryptonite*; Chasing Rockets**; Superfeats**; Super Dam And Finding Lois**; Turning Back The World; Finale And End Title March**; Love Theme From Superman; BONUS TRACKS: Can You Read My Mind (Alternate)* (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); The Flying Sequence / Can You Read My Mind (Lyrics: L. Bricusse); Can You Read My Mind (Alternate: Instrumental)*; Theme From Superman (Concert Version). *Previously unreleased. **Contains previously unreleased material.

(Reissued for digital download in 2005, Rhino/Warner Bros.)

p_fsmvol1_no2.jpg

p_fsmvol1_no2b.jpg

The Poseidon Adventure/The Paper Chase [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1972/1973) (1998, Film Score Monthly, FSMCD Vol. 1, No. 2)

THE PAPER CHASE: Love Theme from The Paper Chase; The Passing of Wisdom; Bach: "Little Fugue" in G minor; Be Irrational; Kevin's House (source); Hart in a Hurry; Thinking of Susan / Kingsfield's Study / The Empty Classroom; Kevin's Tutor (source); To the Hotel; Telemann: Concerto in D Major (Allegro); Real Identity / Into the Sea; CONRACK: Main Title; THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE: Main Title; Rogo and Linda; To Love (source); The Big Wave; Raising the Christmas Tree; Death's Door; Search for the Engine Room; The Barber Shop; Death of Belle; Hold Your Breath; The Red Wheel; End Title. Previously unreleased original scores.

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What about the Star Wars SE CDs?

He was only credited for "Assembly". For me it's not "Mike Matessino" albums, it's not "his" sound. ;)

I think I recall he only gave a list of takes and editing instructions, but wasn't involved in the actual editing - which shows. Don't know if that's enough for Bespin's criteria.

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Oh, now I see it's The Paper Chase. How is that score, anyway?

It's rather good! The movie too. Don't have the CD, just an "evaluation copy" :sarcasm: This CD has became quite rare.

On 4/23/2018 at 8:19 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

LPs have two sides?!? :sarcasm:

Yes, and they have two grooves.

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Oh, now I see it's The Paper Chase. How is that score, anyway?

2 hours ago, Bespin said:

It's rather good! The movie too. Don't have the CD, just an "evaluation copy" :sarcasm: This CD has became quite rare.

Bes is right, it's not bad. Think CINDERELLA LIBERTY meets EARTHQUAKE, for the source cues, with the more contemplative elements of THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE, and a forward glance to THE EIGER SANCTION. 

THE PAPER CHASE is great, despite the presence of classical music. The film is decent, but I can never get over the extremely unsympathethic guy who plays the love interest of Houseman's daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

John Williams was one of the two pianists on Ray Anthony's Sound Spectacular, released in 1959 on Capitol Records (mono T-1200 and stereo ST-1200).

This was later re-released on World Record Club (S-8054), in 1964 and on Ray Anthony's own label Aerospace (RA-997) under the title Brass Galore.

The album is available as a digital download from Amazon.

R-5150459-1434665940-9935.jpeg.jpg

R-5045005-1383028265-4894.jpeg.jpg

R-7448700-1441712276-1553.jpeg.jpg

@Miguel AndradeDone, except for the Australian reissue, I list only the US ones on my website.

With Ray Anthony

p_T-1200.jpg

Sound Spectacular (1959, Capitol, T-1200)

Featuring Johnny Williams (p).

p_ST-1200.jpg

(Released in 1959, Capitol, ST-1200, Stereo)

p_RA-9-9--7.jpg

(Reissued in 196? "Brass Galore", Aero Space Records, RA-997, Stereo)

19 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

Forgot to add it on my original post, but Bass Galore was released on 1968.

Thanks I could not find it on the web!

FIXED.