The Force Awakens begins recording at Sony in LA today

thx99

Well I can't take the name Jakku seriously. It means a women's blazer in Finnish.

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on the recording schedule and how much has been recorded thus far?

Nope, if the leaks were true (which they almost definitely are) then one could assume that stricter regulations would have been enforced to prevent another leak.

Ah, that's a good point. Photos of the supposed sessions were removed, too... if that's further indication.

I'm optimistic Williams will score the following episodes! Keep the positive energy flowing!

Yeah, we could use a little positive energy around here. Especially after the news about James Horner... :crymore:

Besides, there's no point being negative while we still have Williams with us.

As long as JW is able to write music, I see no reason why he wouldn't do the next two. He may not conduct the recording sessions though.

As long as JW is able to write music, I see no reason why he wouldn't do the next two. He may not conduct the recording sessions though.

I see that being the more likely route. JW will continue to write the music but just won't conduct for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...

So when's session 2? I'm guessing it's been divided into 3 or 4 blocks of recording, likely with 6-8 weeks of writing in between each session.

That means there should be another scoring session in the next few weeks?

I guess they're recording already, but they probably tightened up the security after the news leak of the first sessions. Williams will be in Tanglewood for most of August, so it's likely there will be another bunch of sessions in September.

I guess they're recording already, but they probably tightened up the security after the news leak of the first sessions.

That's hard to believe. Surely some disgruntled, unversatile violinist grew tired of Williams' scathing personal attacks for poor up-bow staccato, and decided to leak the sheet music on Twitter?

Bob Iger on the film.

"I've seen the film without most of its special effects and without most of its music," Iger said. "I can't wait for the world to see it."

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/27/disney-ceo-iger-espn-could-one-day-be-sold-direct.html

Strange. I would have figured that most of the scoring would be done by now.

• 3 weeks later...

Who the fuck is this:

Untitled.jpg

During the D23 presentation on the new Star Wars theme park shit, whoever from Disney Imagineering said they are recording original music at Abbey Road? Is that William Ross? If he's recording Star Wars theme park music in London, then who the hell is conducting the Force Awakens?

• 2 months later...

There's still one more recording session apparently.

"We're in the editing room working on the cut, going over visual effects and going reviews, and we still have another scoring session with John Willams, who's a god when it comes to music."

When was that video of JJ talking shot?

The video was taken at the GLSEN Respect Awards, and, on Getty Images, all of the photos of Abrams at the GLSEN Respect Awards are dated October 23. I would guess that was Abrams's media availability day and that's the day the video was taken, although that's just speculation.

Though we might end up with an OST without music from the later part of the film ;)

If they release the OST at all! :(:folder::heartbreak:

It will be an inspired by album with only one score track, the main title of course.

I have a feeling that TFA will get a deluxe expanded release. We aren't dealing with Sony or anyone else this time around.

I think so too, though it's doubtful it'll even be close to completeness given the already apparent vast wealth of alternates. It'll still be much more than we usually get though (should it happen).

And the next scoring session is not necessarily dedicated to the later portion of the film

If the rumors of

Luke being only in the end of the movie

are true though...