The Force Awakens begins recording at Sony in LA today

thx99

Also ridiculous. They already know the music, learning every note the instant it leaves a composer's pencil and forms on the paper. Please, stop downplaying the abilities of these people.

What a contemptible implication, that the LSO would need even one session.

Of course they could just phone in the parts without an actual session, but then William Ross would miss out on conducting the music.

Just out of curiosity, does a session equal one day or can it be multi-day sort of thing?

Isn't a session usually considered a "block of days"?

A session is typically three hours. A 'double' is six.

John William?

Karol

It would be cool if the last session was the end credits suite (which would also be an ideal time for the cast to be present, as it would be a more relaxed piece to record).

That second photo of / with Johnny shows he still has that spark in his eye I was afraid would leave him after the surgery. He looks spry for someone who had a surgery so taxing he took seven months off AND managed to score the biggest picture of the year AND still tried to figure out if he could've done the 35, 40 minutes Spielberg wanted for Bridge Of Spies...

Also ridiculous. They already know the music, learning every note the instant it leaves a composer's pencil and forms on the paper. Please, stop downplaying the abilities of these people.

Pfft, the Vienna were sight reading the music before Williams wrote it.

I'm guessing as of now, the score is completely recorded? Abrams said something about that being the last session I believe.

I can;t wait for the tweet that says the recording sessions are completely over

On October 23 Abrams said that "they still had another scoring session". Since both photos were posted today via different sources, it's safe to assume that they belong to that last session, which probably took place this morning.

Their live open-air Star Wars performances which are better than the original recordings beg to differ.

The world's finest musicians, forced by continually devolving cultural demands to present derivative junk-art instead of the great classics, just so they can survive. Sad stuff.

I'm guessing as of now, the score is completely recorded? Abrams said something about that being the last session I believe.

Yeah, now Williams gets to start scheming which parts of the score he will leave off the soundtrack. ;)