The Force Awakens begins recording at Sony in LA today

thx99

I have a bad feeling this will be the most frustrating JW OST ever

When was the last time you had a good feeling KM?

Before the dark times, before Indy IV.

I thought they started circa 1999?

I think he was happy until around 2005 and kept busy by refining his Prequel edits.

I think it stinks that a few up-and-coming composers who got a dream assignment of scoring a Star Wars trailer, and delivered something that many have reacted positively to (which is the ultimate point of music) must endure petty sniping from those who can't accept anything outside of their own narrow preferences. Stinks.

I think it stinks that a few up-and-coming composers who got a dream assignment of scoring a Star Wars trailer, and delivered something that many have reacted positively to (which is the ultimate point of music) must endure petty sniping from those who can't accept anything outside of their own narrow preferences. Stinks.

Oh no some people don't like the trailer music unconditionally! It must be a first! Don't snipe the snipers please. They have feelings too (and those narrow preferences)!

And getting stinkier.

Yeah I can't stand when people patronize me when I am being judgemental!

And getting stinkier.

There there. It's ok that you and others here have a musical appreciation with the width of an eyelash. Really, it's ok!

Is there really THAT much to appreciate in the trailer music though Grey? It works. I have no quips with it. But let's not oversell its merits.

And getting stinkier.

There there. It's ok that you and others here have a musical appreciation with the width of an eyelash. Really, it's ok!

You're taking this too seriously. For what it concerns me, I disliked the trailer music and was just making silly jokes here, without taking all this too seriously. But please, don't tell me how big or small my own musical appreciation is, as you don't know anything about me.

All this silly 13-page long argument for a 2-minute long piece of music... Lurkers must be laughing at us right now!

Never! Why would we do that when we do enough on our own to laugh at? ;)

And getting stinkier.

Let us make a truce my sophisticated friend with boundless musical appreciation!

And getting stinkier.

You're taking this too seriously. For what it concerns me, I disliked the trailer music and was just making silly jokes here, without taking all this too seriously. But please, don't tell me how big or small my own musical appreciation is, as you don't know anything about me.

Well, I reckon you (and Ricard apparently?) are the ones taking this too seriously. I would never genuinely tell someone anything about their own taste, though frankly, that's more than certain others here can say….

I am happy to hear they are recording so much music, though (or so it seems).

It's because the LA musicians are so un-versatile. They need ten recording sessions where the LSO'd only need one.

I am happy to hear they are recording so much music, though (or so it seems).

It's because the LA musicians are so un-versatile. They need ten recording sessions where the LSO'd only need one.

What a contemptible implication, that the LSO would need even one session.