The Force Awakens Score Details

Not Mr. Big

It could be that these people who have supposedly heard and are raving over the score are just used to such utter crap being recorded for modern films that an average or autopilot Williams score sounds incredible.

With unversatile LA musicians, no less! Maybe Williams squeezed some versatility out of them, and that's why this score is so impressive?

Or perhaps the music is actually just really good. :)

Since it's been a relative dry-spell regarding score news, I've decided to post this completely unbacked up, but reasonably probable IMDB quote about the score, via a user with 10 years experience (meaning it's probably not a 100% troll)

Quite possibly composer John Jesensky, based on the username.

Why has Star Wars always been prone to fabricated news updates? I've never known another franchise that suffers from such a huge amount of fan generated misinformation and bogus updates in the lead up to a new film.

Darth-Vader-I-FIND-YOUR-LACK-OF-FAITH-DI

As usual, this board will prove a healthy middle ground of differing opinions and all these perspective-free declarations of genius will look as silly as they always do.

As usual, this board will prove a healthy middle ground of differing opinions and all these perspective-free declarations of genius will look as silly as they always do.

Of course! That is the genius of any such community!

Why has Star Wars always been prone to fabricated news updates? I've never known another franchise that suffers from such a huge amount of fan generated misinformation and bogus updates in the lead up to a new film.

Darth-Vader-I-FIND-YOUR-LACK-OF-FAITH-DI

Seriously, Star Wars fandom is a cesspool of bogus reports when a new film is coming. This extends even to fake trailers that rick-roll a lot of people into thinking they're real.

Yes it actually is. I just wanted to use that meme picture of Vader.

Really hope they've filmed some of the scoring sessions. Is it too much to ask for a documentary like with ESB?

That ESB one is still disappointing, I imagine there will be something but not much :(.

Really hope they've filmed some of the scoring sessions. Is it too much to ask for a documentary like with ESB?

That ESB one is still disappointing, I imagine there will be something but not much :(.

Disappointing ... how so?

Disappointing ... how so?

Just the quality and never got a proper release is why it disappoints me.

Not a James Bond fan?

Not a James Bond fan?

I ignore most 007 news when a new film is imminent.