• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then, this should be fun:

Screen_Shot_2015_06_19_at_21_25_35.png

Screen_Shot_2015_06_19_at_21_18_21.png

Screen_Shot_2015_06_19_at_21_19_16.png

I don't listen to Thrain as much as I should either, for the same reason as SUH. The Last Goodbye has such a high playcount because I listened to it on the bus to school every day in anticipation of BotFA :P

And I only just bought the non-extended version of Roast Mutton, which explains its low count.

And I See Fire has been skipped a fair few times...

About 17 plays on AUJ (but that is because I am constantly re adding the scores to my iPod)

About 95 plays for DOS.

About 33 plays for BOTFA.

(260 for FOTR, 82 for TTT, and 53 for ROTK, 13 for the LOTR symphony)

Well then, this should be fun:

Screen_Shot_2015_06_19_at_21_25_35.png

Screen_Shot_2015_06_19_at_21_18_21.png

Screen_Shot_2015_06_19_at_21_19_16.png

I don't listen to Thrain as much as I should either, for the same reason as SUH. The Last Goodbye has such a high playcount because I listened to it on the bus to school every day in anticipation of BotFA :P

And I only just bought the non-extended version of Roast Mutton, which explains its low count.

And I See Fire has been skipped a fair few times...

Ohh, skips seems interesting! I didn't even remember that existed.

Your play counts completely dwarf my numbers!

And wow is that "The Last Goodbye" figure big. I also need to get the standard Roast Mutton edition, the extended really misses out by not having the driving Misty Mountain statement. I might just wait for Expanded Releases/Complete Recordings.

About 17 plays on AUJ (but that is because I am constantly re adding the scores to my iPod)

About 95 plays for DOS.

About 33 plays for BOTFA.

(260 for FOTR, 82 for TTT, and 53 for ROTK, 13 for the LOTR symphony)

What's happening with the iPod? It's supposed to sync playback information from iPods back to iTunes so listening on any device adds to the total count.

I wonder if Doug listens through iTunes (and whether he uses the official releases)... :)

I use either iTunes or VLC for the most part.

Official releases when checking timings/final mixes and things like that--otherwise, it's off to the archives. :)

I have no counter on my player but it must be quite a few times for all tracks from all the three scores. Except for I See Fire, Song of the Lonely Mountain and The Last Goodbye.

How does the iTunes play counter work? Does it take into account music played on your iPod? If you only listen to 10 seconds of a track, will it still increment the number?

What's happening with the iPod?

I am constantly re-editing files for my edit, so that is what is going on, they are totally different files.

Sort of, sometimes I am constantly switching between the original versions in the main program or final film versions (not the straight re-recordings), other times I am trying out positions for unknown bits of unreleased music I find in the EE credits.

For example at one time my AUJ edit had the Erebor theme from the film version of Out of the Frying Pan as an alternate to My Dear Frodo.