James Horner 1953-2015

Not Mr. Big

First Ford almost kills himself.

Then Nimoy dies.

Then Harve Bennett.

Then Grace Lee Whitney.

The Nichelle Nichols has a stroke.

Then we lost Christopher Lee.

I can't take this anymore. This has been a bad year for my heroes.

http://mashable.com/2015/06/22/composer-james-horner-plane-crash/

Horner's agency did not immediately return messages left Monday evening, and his lawyer told Mashable only that no one had heard from Horner since the crash was reported Monday morning about 60 miles north of Santa Barbara.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">RIP James Horner. One of my biggest influences and one of the main reasons I decided to become a composer.  My thoughts are with his family.</p>— Neal Acree (@neal_acree) <a href="

23, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I always took comfort in the fact that Horner would still be working after Williams was gone...

Same, he had many more great scores left in him and just got back after his break.

:(

From Horner's assistant on her own Facebook page..."His assistant posted this today: "A great tragedy has struck my family today, and I will not be around for a while. I would like some privacy and time to heal. We have lost an amazing person with a huge heart, and unbelievable talent. He died doing what he loved. Thank you for all your support and love and see you down the road. Love Sylvia."

I will play Stealing the Enterprise, perhaps my favorite of all his works.

Fuck... that's just devastating news. Absolutely devastating.

I feel sick. What an amazing talent the world has just lost in such tragic circumstances.

Thoughts with his entire family. :(

well yeah,, John Barry wasn't even active as a composer anymore

Horner had great recent works like Black Gold and a bunch of works coming out this year

Because I needed to bawl my eyes out.

This guy scored almost my entire early childhood. Land Before Time, *batteries not included, Once Upon a Forest, The Pagemaster, An American Tail, We're Back, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Jumanji etc.

Though not official, this does not look promising. As a composer, skipper and pilot, I understand the call of the sea and sky. If this is true (as it increasingly appears to be) I must say he died doing what he loved and that is a rare and good thing. That you lived your life pursuing your passion to the fullest.