Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

Here's some very boring character posters:

rey.jpg?w=800

kylo-ren.jpg?w=800

jannah.jpg?w=800

zorri-bliss.jpg?w=800

lando-calrissian.jpg?w=800

Here's more:

https://deadline.com/2019/11/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-character-posters-1202790939/

What happened with LFL's marketing department? Everyone focused on Mandalorian? Because TROS' campaign so far has been utterly tedious.

Why is that an issue all of a sudden? Each SW score was tweaked/tracked/edited somehow after recording sessions have finished. In fact I doubt there is any score ever recorded that wasn't altered in one way or another. This is absolutely nothing new.

Karol

12 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Why is that an issue all of a sudden? Each SW score was tweaked/tracked/edited somehow after recording sessions have finished. In fact I doubt there is any score ever recorded that wasn't altered in one way or another. This is absolutely nothing new.

Karol

We're just kidding with this fact and rumours surrounding the film, it's just a meme ;) 

7 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Possibly because as far as the new trilogy is concerned, the practice has never yielded especially good results.

Some of the decisions made on Empire are worse.

Karol

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Hearing a snippet from the 1977 film inserted was extremely distracting

At the time, I couldn't tell that it was a needledropped 1977 recording - figured it was just a rerecorded bit, influenced by the temp.

4 minutes ago, Holko said:

Now there I feel they were mostly right.

Well, the original version had The Imperial March concert version tracked in 3 times at verious points in the film whereas SE restored some of original music where it's supposed to be but made some horrible changes of its own (Hyperspace).

Karol

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

The Empire Strikes Back is good as hell

It is, but it also started a a trend of butchering Williams' music.

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

In as far as the the effect the alterations had on the film and the soundtrack album, they're arguably not worse at all.

When was the last time you watched it?

Karol

17 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Well, the original version had The Imperial March concert version tracked in 3 times at verious points in the film whereas SE restored some of original music where it's supposed to be but made some horrible changes of its own (Hyperspace).

Karol

Notice how I only quoted the part that mentiones removed music, not the tracking!

Unpopular Opinion: JW had no clue what he was doing with some of the cues in Empire (or probably even Kersh and the rest were just figuring the precise tone out gradually), and I feel Empire, the film, benefits immensely from not having the kinda goofy Hangar march, Imperial Probe, the Dumb Yoda music, the opening of Mynock Cave, the original Snowspeeder Search, maybe even the preceding cue where Han searches for Luke and everyone's tense in the hangar, that horridly unfitting big Yoda statement in the second part of the freezing chamber duel partly under Vader's intimidation, etc.

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

Notice how I only quoted the part that mentiones removed music, not the tracking!

Unpopular Opinion: JW had no clue what he was doing with some of the cues in Empire (or probably even Kersh and the rest were just figuring the precise tone out gradually), and I feel Empire, the film, benefits immensely from not having the kinda goofy Hangar march, Imperial Probe, the Dumb Yoda music, the opening of Mynock Cave, the original Snowspeeder Search, maybe even the preceding cue where Han searches for Luke and everyone's tense in the hangar, that horridly unfitting big Yoda statement in the second part of the freezing chamber duel partly under Vader's intimidation, etc.

Ah, then I misread your post. My bad. :)

I don't necessarily disagree either.  Films don't need that much music. Williams often overscores.

Karol

19 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Wlliams often overscores.:)

Geez, ain't that the truth?!

I ever wonder if JW thinks that he's being asked to score more scenes than he would choose to? Has he ever said to a director "Hold on, man, this is way too much music"?

7 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Really? I had the exact opposite experience.

I am SICK of Star Wars. But there was still some enjoyment to be had in appreciating just how masterful that score is.

I think for me it had to do with the fact that the original film was so much better live.

And I'm also bit sick of SW in general. Especially all the pointless hysteria around it. 

Karol

3 minutes ago, crocodile said:

...I'm also bit sick of SW in general... especially all the pointless hysteria around it. 

Pointless hysteria? Pointless hysteria??!!

Don't panic! Don't panic!! Don't panic, Mr. Mainwaring!!! It's less than five weeks, till Ep. IX opens!!!! Don't panic!!!!!!!!

Interesting.

Here in Brazil movies used to premiere on Friday like on the US (except for the very ocasional Wednesday openers), but since March 2014 they were moved to Thursdays, with the first screenings happening at midnight from Wednesdays to Thursdays. 

My ticket for TROS is already bought, I'm going to watch it with some friends at the first day, Thursday Dec 19.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Also: do movies in Germany premiere on Wednesdays?

We have an 8 pm showing on Thursday 19th here, suppose that qualifies as a sneak peak. Does anyone else have that?

Bit annoyed that there's only a 3D option, Last Jedi had 2D and 3D.

Interesting that the earliest promotion for the movie featured that Klaud slug guy quite a bit, but he hasn't been on much of anything since then.  Wonder if that's a character that wasn't working, ended up getting cut down in editing and reshoots.

23 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Interesting that the earliest promotion for the movie featured that Klaud slug guy quite a bit, but he hasn't been on much of anything since then.  Wonder if that's a character that wasn't working, ended up getting cut down in editing and reshoots.

Maybe Disney thought he looked too much like a giant penis.