Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

Star Wars: The Force can Suck It!

Feel free to replace The Force with "The Jedi", "The Sith", "The Skywalkers", "The Republic" or any other Star Wars iconic name.

2 hours ago, dougie said:

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Returns

Star Wars: The Phantom Tennis

Star Wars: Attack of the Phones

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sick

Star Wars: A New Pope

Star Wars: The Umpire Strikes Back

Star Wars: The Return of the Rabbi

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

Is it really "news" that Disney will attach a trailer for their biggest winter movie to their biggest movie of the summer?

Yes, farbeit from me to question Star Wars News Net Dot Com's uncited sources, but that entire post is a "NO FAKE" kind of deal - a premiere shortly before the spring Marvel release, which it will be attached to.  It's also the exact same thing that happened with their last two December Star Wars releases (Rogue One and TLJ).

1 hour ago, John said:

REPORT – Star Wars: Episode IX first trailer set to debut in April; will also be attached to Avengers: Endgame.

Per starwarsnewsnet.com; seems legit. I imagine we'll get a title drop sometime before then.

That's a lot of work, though. The get the edit (not to mention special effects and sound!) to a point where a trailer can be gleaned from it, within the next month or two.

People seem to forget that they just now finished shooting the blasted thing.

This is pretty much what was to be expected. No surprise in the rumor personally.

For them to come out with a title before hand, I imagine it wouldn't be too far off from the release date of Endgame. We won't be getting a name in the next few weeks is what I'm guessing. Maybe just at the end of March if that is the case, but it'd probably be a lot closer to the release of the teaser. 

The speculation regarding a trailer being even sooner is ridiculous, as others have pointed out that they only just finished shooting.

1 minute ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

The speculation regarding a trailer being even sooner is ridiculous, as others have pointed out that they only just finished shooting.

Yeah, I think people are grossly underestimating the time and difficulty entailed in creating an even remotely servicable edit.

Well it's not neccesarily about whipping together a two minute teaser from the two hour or so film at this point, it's about getting the film to a point where it is possible to release a teaser. It's a process. 

5 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

from the two hour or so film at this point

Two hours?! They just finished shooting for crying out loud.

I wouldn't be surprised if the assembly cut is four-hours long, if not longer.

Editing is tough!

You can put a trailer together with pretty much anything.  You can pull shots from the first few weeks of filming.  Principal photography on The Force Awakens ended in November 2014, and the first teaser came out in November 2014.  If Disney wants a trailer by a certain date, that's when they'll do it.

But I would anticipate E9 to fall within Rogue One's and TLJ's general schedule, especially since Iger's take-away from Solo's financial disappointment was "too much Star Wars too fast."

8 minutes ago, mstrox said:

But I would anticipate E9 to fall within Rogue One's and TLJ's general schedule, especially since Iger's take-away from Solo's financial disappointment was "too much Star Wars too fast."

Instead of the actual take-away which is that people won't see a movie they don't know is coming out. 

55 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Instead of the actual take-away which is that people won't see a movie they don't know is coming out. 

I saw ads for Solo everywhere, and I don’t even have tv.  You really think people weren’t aware of it?

Again, I'm going by my experience. I wasn't watching TV during The Last Jedi and Rogue One, so who can really say.

The point is that Solo was advertised a fair bit, just maybe not as much as the other Star Wars films.

53 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I saw ads for Solo everywhere, and I don’t even have tv.  You really think people weren’t aware of it?

While I realize that this isn't representative of the general populous, the people I know who are casual Star Wars fans seemed to, for the most part, be totally unaware of the film's existence.