Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

Who is still buying those Ultimate visual guide encyclopedia thingies when they get a new edition with seemingly every TV show episode?

John, that might already be outdated. 

On on that note, LEGO has a heck of a lot of Star Wars mini figures, some of which are characters barely noticeable in the movie. Others are variations on the same character. It's funny to see how Han Solo has evolved from the simple, yellow-faced, flat brown-haired figure to the smiling, caucasian, hair-styled figure.

LEGO is actually releasing sets with retro yellow minifigures for the 20th anniversary of their Star Wars line: 

37E92719-7851-4206-B1A0-6295D5C89E75.jpeg

A6285164-69EE-450C-B37B-DE83A75ADCEA.jpeg

They even include the old two piece “megaphone blaster”!

Yo I'm watching TLJ and Hux is way underrated.  What a great, fun, "light" baddie.  I want more Hux!

Also, Rey does Arya's "drop the weapon to the other hand" thing in the fight with the praetorian guards.  Cool.

Spoiler

The Night King looks down astonished as she drops it, but the other Walkers just stand there whilst he has her in his grasp for a few moments? Why was it so easy to take him down? Like, he wasn't expecting something like this to happen?

(GoT spoilers)

22 hours ago, Stefancos said:

But what is art?

I cant tell you what it is but I know It when I see it.

It’s sad that I’m more interesting in seeing how Disney will clean up Rian Johnson’s mess (and I guess the Solo-mess) from a business perspective - rather than being interested in the actual story.

I’m not curious about whether they will reveal Rey’s lineage because I care about Rey (I don’t) or curios about what path Kylo will be set upon (I’m not) - I’m interested in seeing the answers to these questions because there’s a billion dollar industry depending on that they get it “right”.

And by “right” I mean in a way that doesn’t force the studio to slow down releases of new films in the franchise, which is - trust me - the opposite of what they are going for.

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

Imagine the stress, the pressure of nearly a decade of a void of Star Wars films, the aftertaste of the Prequels, the legacy and nostalgia of forty plus years leading up to The Force Awakens. It must've been insane and would've given me panic attacks!

Yeah, haha I don’t envy that position!

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

Is TLJ a mess? No. Is it different to what I had expected after TFA? Definitely.

Well, what is a mess? I guess it’s in the eye of the beholder. Even though TLJ raked in a ton of money, reception was - to say the least - mixed.

So I guess I am taking sides. If you think TLJ was good - that’s fine, I have no problem with that. We all like different things. I, on the other hand, thought that it was a mess.

And apparently, so did a lot of people. Solo bombing surely didn’t help the situation. And Disney seems to agree. Otherwise they wouldn’t slow down, they would be gearing up!

Which was my point - it doesn’t really matter whether the movie was good or bad, anybody can think what they want. But given how Disney are reacting - whether the movie itself was a “mess” or not - it’s a fact that it was at least a mess to such a degree that Disney has to treat it as such.

And now they have to find their way out of it. So that they can keep making movies. That is, after all what they do. It must’ve hurt to have to go out with a statement about “slowing down.”

And so, I find myself more curious about how Disney will get out this “mess”, more than I am about how the characters in the actual movie will develop.

Solo was a mess, it was a severe mishandling of marketing and the fact that they had so many issues during production with the firing of the original directors. The end product is what you'd get if you pulled an all-nighter on an assignment, you did the research, you've got the quotes and supporting arguments, you've got the references and bibliography all cited and correct, but you left it to the day before it was due and it shows. 

But TLJ, a mess? Nothing would suggest the production process didn't go smoothly and end result was anything but a disaster, it was just not what a majority of the audience had expected.

4 hours ago, Arpy said:

Solo was a mess, it was a severe mishandling of marketing and the fact that they had so many issues during production with the firing of the original directors. The end product is what you'd get if you pulled an all-nighter on an assignment, you did the research, you've got the quotes and supporting arguments, you've got the references and bibliography all cited and correct, but you left it to the day before it was due and it shows.

This often results in some of the best product students put out as resesrch shows us time and again. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are also a handful of sub-articles - one about the knights of ren, one about reylo, one about Richard Grant, one about editing Carrie Fisher and Billie Lourd.  There's also a subarticle about "everything Vanity Fair revealed" which includes some quotes not in the other articles.  There also might be more - on that page, a few of the links just go back to Vanity Fair's homepage.  Follow links at the bottom of each post to see them.

I hit a paywall, so I won't be reading a few of them :)

Rose is brain dead and Leia's body is dying so they will put her katra into Rose who becomes the new Leia.

1 hour ago, Balahkay said:

So, where's Rose?  Did they turn her into one of the horses?

There was a pic of her from SW Celebration

nhgf9you5vr21.png

Looks like they just have her hanging out at the base